E1 Release Discussion:PC/Mac/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Kindle/Android out now;Vita/PS4/XOne:Nov 4 NA/Nov 7 EU

Comments

• Well, they made a lot of announcements on Facebook. That's how I knew it was ready.

Warge posted: »

I knew the game was coming, but not when. The usual custom when releasing a game is to blow all whstles to make sure people buys it... TTG however keeps the lid on...

• Since they like to do simultaneous releases across platforms, they're stuck waiting until both Sony and Microsoft have taken the episode through their own quality control processes. Once that's done they like to launch as soon as humanly possible so they themselves don't usually know when they're going to launch until very close to the week of.

Warge posted: »

I knew the game was coming, but not when. The usual custom when releasing a game is to blow all whstles to make sure people buys it... TTG however keeps the lid on...

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

Awesome. Did you change anything or did it just start working?

Vilyn117 posted: »

Yup I finally got in too, games amazing, still waiting on my steam key.

• Here still mac user, checking everyday for news and updates. No news and updates on your end about the situation. Could you please answer to us? is gonna be a long issue or a quick one? I just want to put my heart at ease if is gonna be a long one. Thank you.

• OMG. I'm Australian and I can download this now! Freakin amazing! I'm a happy camper!

• I'm waiting for the Mac version as well, I'm really excited, but it's tough with all the youtube vids of the gameplay :<

Keeping an eye on my email inbox for when Episode 1 for Mac is ready. I'm still planning on playing the PS3 version, as well! $20 for that season pass is a DAMN good deal!

• Couldn't agree more, mate! Couldn't agree more....

Sjejse posted: »

I'm waiting for the Mac version as well, I'm really excited, but it's tough with all the youtube vids of the gameplay :<

• Did you try both your username and your e-mail? Some people who have had a problem with authentication have stated that it worked for them with one but not the other.

Vilyn117 posted: »

authentication doesnt work.

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator

It's actually solved already.

Jennifer posted: »

Did you try both your username and your e-mail? Some people who have had a problem with authentication have stated that it worked for them with one but not the other.

• hey i can understand that you guys are hard at work on making us mac users happy but the least you could do is give us updates on when you expect it to be finished. If its taking this long it must be some crazy issue.

• edited October 2013

Must be nice to release the game on a friday, Then take the weekend off after promising people things and not delivering on those promises after they said they 'already sent' the steam keys out, Hell - According to my email the game didn't even release yet since I didn't get any message -.-

• edited October 2013

just started working, i have no idea what the difference was (luck?).

edit: im thinking maybe the servers were just overloaded, it was quite late at night when it started working(on the east coast)

DjNDB posted: »

Awesome. Did you change anything or did it just start working?

• Come on guys. I love you and i believe your level of story telling along with irrationals level of story telling is the future of video games but you really let me down on this release. Please keep us posted!!!!!!!

• Would be nice with something more specific than "a few days" and "coming very soon" for us mac users.. It's been a few days already and no news at all. Are you close to a breaktrough, or are you far away from solving the issue? Some info would be appreciated

• edited October 2013

Would have been nice if TTG support staff worked over the weekend to get the keys out so some of us who haven't been able to play for four days could play what we paid for. Sadly they got my money now never again.

• So I've still not received a steam key, are they still going out, does anybody know??

• I've been very quiet so far about this amazingly horrible release, however I am halfway through Monday now and still haven't gotten a steam key. I am beginning to get a little annoyed.

So I've still not received a steam key, are they still going out, does anybody know??

• your right there looks like all the comments of them working over the weekend was crap tbh.

CatBrush posted: »

I've been very quiet so far about this amazingly horrible release, however I am halfway through Monday now and still haven't gotten a steam key. I am beginning to get a little annoyed.

• Telltale, I love you dearly. You've made some awesome games. You usually don't have your act together at launch, but I've come to expect that. I've never had to wait more than 24 Hours from launch for one of your games.

I'm also a Mac user. I was told the game would be ready on the 11th, and not informed until after noon of that day that it was delayed "by a few days" from an "unforeseen issue." I understand that problems happen, but how could it have been impossible to predict that you wouldn't have a stable version for Mac by the release date?

Honestly, I'm very disappointed and frustrated with how you all have handled this. I'm not saying that you're awful or that I'm never buying anything from you again, because that's an overblown response and a little silly. However, I don't think it's unreasonable for you to keep in better communication with loyal customers who expect your release date not to be arbitrary. Would it really take very long to write more than a cryptic sentence about where you are in getting this out for mac, and when we can expect it? Right now, Mac users were told over a year in advance that we'd be a part of this exciting launch, and I at least feel somewhat like you've made us an afterthought in all of this.

I would really appreciate it if someone with knowledge in this matter could respond to me with some more specific information. Again, I'm a huge fan and a loyal customer who is disappointed with telltale in this instance - not a belligerent whiner.

• edited October 2013

I still can't even log into the game due to these communication errors ffs. If I haven't gotten an email with a steam key to simply allow me to play the game I purchased by the time I get back from work I'm probably just going to demand for a refund.

• 100% agreed. I was hoping to get to play the game 4 days early compared to the PS3 version, but right now it seems that i should have just waited and not spent the money on the Mac version. If Mac does not come out by tomorrow i am probably just going to get it from PSN and ask for the refund for the Mac version

nateav posted: »

Telltale, I love you dearly. You've made some awesome games. You usually don't have your act together at launch, but I've come to expect that.

• This game totally blew me away. Fantastic! Every single part of it.
    The story. The graphics. The choice mechanics. I'm going to go and read the comic series now.
    I look forward to episode 2, and once the Mac version is released I'll play through Episode 1 again to try to get some of the choices I missed.
    -Stephen

• Telltale just gave me the best possible response to my post when the game started to download on Steam! Mac version of Wolf Among Us must be available. Woo-hoo!

Telltale, I love you dearly. You've made some awesome games. You usually don't have your act together at launch, but I've come to expect that.

• SO WE CANT EVEN PLAY IT OR GET OUR MONEY BACK? -_-

• I would be excited that I received a Steam key if it weren't for the fact that the mac version has yet to be released. How long will it take and can they tell us more than in a few days, which they told us 4 days ago

• edited October 2013

Yeah, the Mac version is avaible on Steam now, but not on this site, which I can't really understand. Once again, how can steam have a finished build before the developers?

edit: It is up guys!

Telltale just gave me the best possible response to my post when the game started to download on Steam! Mac version of Wolf Among Us must be available. Woo-hoo!

• edited October 2013

The mac version is avaible on steam now

edit: and on this site aswell now!

gr8sk8jake posted: »

I would be excited that I received a Steam key if it weren't for the fact that the mac version has yet to be released. How long will it take and can they tell us more than in a few days, which they told us 4 days ago

• Does anyone know when Episode 2 will be released?? Already dying in anticipation!

• Ah, it's on steam now? That's great. :D

• Woooooo! The Mac version is up now!

Sjejse posted: »

Would be nice with something more specific than "a few days" and "coming very soon" for us mac users.. It's been a few days already and no new

• Still waiting on a Steam key, but I was at least able to play the episode went it finally went live late Friday night. Loved every minute of it!

• Also waiting on Steam key. Any expectancy on how long this may take for all keys to go out?

s8Riot posted: »

Still waiting on a Steam key, but I was at least able to play the episode went it finally went live late Friday night. Loved every minute of it!

• Five days no no reply to emails no key cant use the ttg installer version. Sorry to say TTG are not much better than thieves.

• Ahhh DAMN. And you're absolutely sure you're not having the faulty installer version that was only available for 10 minutes on Friday?

antonyfrn posted: »

Five days no no reply to emails no key cant use the ttg installer version. Sorry to say TTG are not much better than thieves.

• edited October 2013

Yes I've downloaded it several times. I've checked my junk mail I've even logged in my mail server to check if anything is left on there and no emails from TTG. No reply's to support tickets. also tried connecting with my firewall off uninstalled my hardware firewall disabled and even connected directly into my vdsl modem.

@Vainamoinen I'm not sure what the mod was who said TTG are working hard over the week or gave that impression they clearly haven't I'm feeling that TTG don't give a crap about there customers at this time as its all good for them they have my money I have something that cant connect to use and it was even stated that people who pre ordered via GMG who registered before the launch of the game would also receive steam codes. Sadly none of this has happened I know most the mods here are voluntary and some do work for TTG if you do have any contact with anyone at TTG can you please ask them to hurry up and reply to 'Ticket 10100' with ether a full refund or a steam key like what they announced that would be made available. I've already written to GMG requesting they review supplying codes that need to be redeemed via the TTG site and hopefully they stop supplying TTG keys and only TTG games with Steam keys as it seems going by posts here that TTG haven't and don't learn from there past mistakes.

Also the claims of that they published a beta is a bit fishy seeing that the file what was available for 10min was identical to the file available 24 hours later and still now.... all identical size

Vainamoinen posted: »

Ahhh DAMN. And you're absolutely sure you're not having the faulty installer version that was only available for 10 minutes on Friday?

• There are the sole "moderator" badges like mine - and these people are ALL voluntary and have no behind the scenes info. The officials have the "Telltale Staff" badges. At the time it's a bit of a mixup in the new forum, and I don't like it (as, for example, my thread is getting some thumbs down just for carrying the official info available... * sigh * ). There are plans to change the way it's displayed though.

I can and will urge them for some kind of response. It's Tuesday already and that login problem is particularly strange, it's a simple process after all...

antonyfrn posted: »

Yes I've downloaded it several times. I've checked my junk mail I've even logged in my mail server to check if anything is left on there and n

• Thanks for the reply Vainamoinen at this point I want the steam key what was offered so I can play the game on a platform that works or a refund I've contacted GMG today and received a reply and listed all my issues and events since the launch and they will be looking into it as well.

Vainamoinen posted: »

There are the sole "moderator" badges like mine - and these people are ALL voluntary and have no behind the scenes info. The officials have th

• Have all the Steam keys been sent out already?

• Still waiting sadly

Have all the Steam keys been sent out already?

• edited October 2013

All my coworkers and myself are still waiting for them. Not a single one has received anything yet.

Have all the Steam keys been sent out already?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.