Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• I judge how close someone is to Clem when they call her that.

Lilly always thrusts her arm out while arguing with someone. Christa has never once called Clementine "Clem". I'm pretty sure that she an

• Yeah. But with Christa and Sarita, plus Katjaa, I guess, they were all sort of make shift mother figures. It makes sense, because a lot of mothers call kids by their full names.

I judge how close someone is to Clem when they call her that.

• Lee is a legend.

TheMPerson posted: »

When you go alone in "No Time Left"...

• When you first meet Reggie. If you first ask Sarah if she trusts him, and then answer Reggie with silence when he asks for your name. Sarah will speak up and say that Clementine doesn't trust him.

In the same conversation, if you are rude to Reggie(by silence or otherwise) and then apologize to Mike. Reggie will complain that you're bad to him but nice to a stranger.

At the start of the episode, dialogue options with Sarah change slightly if you maintained friend status with her. (pinkie swear EP1 and blame yourself for the pic in EP2), her reaction to you getting slapped by Carver also changes slightly on whether she's friends with you or not.

A bit later in the episode, if you tell her to grow up and you had been slapped by Carver, she will mention that.

• I like how they give characters emotion during hubs now, in Season 1, lee just stood there like a statue and no emotion to it.

Clemmy ,at the shack in House Divided,looks sad... sign

• Lilly.... Hilda.... lol same as the trolls in TWAU.

In Season 1, if you let Lilly back onto the RV and she steals it, afterwards, Kenny mentions that she will only get around 30 miles before t

• That stare is very concerning....

Clemmy's stare....um

• How does she react if you aren't her friend?

HERO_1000 posted: »

When you first meet Reggie. If you first ask Sarah if she trusts him, and then answer Reggie with silence when he asks for your name. Sarah

• At the end of Season 1, if you say nothing, Clementine will choose by herself (well, based on Lee decisions in the game) if Kill him or let him turn.
    Same for Ben.

• in 202 you can get a dialog like this:

clem: have you seen someone name christa?

Mathew: christa? maybe.

clem: REALLY?!

Mathew: NAW!!

ok, well ttg likes getting clems hopes up because they did the same thing I 203:

Kenny was asking you id you wanted to help try to escape and if you were up for it

clem: do I have a choice?

Kenny: of course you do darling.

Clem: REALLY?!

Kenny: NAH!!

• she says : don't do that

but if your her firend, she says: don't do that! shes my firend!

How does she react if you aren't her friend?

• Hilda? You mean Holly, right?

Lilly.... Hilda.... lol same as the trolls in TWAU.

• Ooooh, fair point! I like the sound of that, it makes it that much more real!

Yeah. But with Christa and Sarita, plus Katjaa, I guess, they were all sort of make shift mother figures. It makes sense, because a lot of mothers call kids by their full names.

• Im thinking episode 4 is going to be heavily walker influenced but probably have a member of Carvers group show up last minute in twist only episode 4 of a walking dead game could pull off. Lets just hope Clem doesn't have to choose between a walky talky and a trashcan.

Maybe Tavia and crew will be the ones to make Clementine and co pay.

• When Kenny was killing Carver I got way too excited. Luckily everybody wasn't home cause I was shouting Kill that evil bastard. I of course chose to watch. I was going to make sure he didn't snake his way out of Kennys death grasp.

Clemmy's stare....um

• Lmao how deviously cruel.

in 202 you can get a dialog like this: clem: have you seen someone name christa? Mathew: christa? maybe. clem: REALLY?! Mathew:

• We need more huds, damn it!!

I like how they give characters emotion during hubs now, in Season 1, lee just stood there like a statue and no emotion to it.

• edited June 2014

It does - that's why I always wanted to hear Katjaa angrily call Duck "Kenny Jr."

But I've heard some unused audio files, where they're at the dairy, about to eat dinner. Duck was talking about Kenny beating up a crocodile, and Katjaa says, "Kenny Jr, not at the table!" And Duck says in a sad tone, "Sorry mom..."

Ooooh, fair point! I like the sound of that, it makes it that much more real!

• Wow, I had no idea!! Yeah, I guess, it is a dad/older brother thing to do to give nicknames.

Also I realised this is why no one sees Rebecca as a mother figure. She calls Clementine Clem a lot..

• Omid's driving license has been suspended twice.

• Aw, cool! When does that get dropped?

TDMshadowCP posted: »

Omid's driving license has been suspended twice.

• In episode 5. When they're stuck in the attic.

Aw, cool! When does that get dropped?

• When Molly low sweeps Kenny, it's the same animation for when Lee trips from the Blood in Ep 1

• Honestly, she seems to be more of an older sister/aunt type to Clem, and a mother figure to Sarah.
    Also, in one of my fanfics that I'm writing (high school AU from Christa's POV), Christa's younger brother is named William (she does meet teen Carver later, and thinks about her own brother), but everyone (except their mother) calls him Will. Like, she has never called him anything but William. Something about the nickname:

Christa: Mom... Why am I always "Christa Marlene" when I'm in trouble, but he's just William?

C's Mom: I blame your biological mother. If she'd just named you something other than a nickname, you'd be Christina or something.

Wow, I had no idea!! Yeah, I guess, it is a dad/older brother thing to do to give nicknames. Also I realised this is why no one sees Rebecca as a mother figure. She calls Clementine Clem a lot..

• damn I don't have to even go back to notice that. I replayed it in my head and you are right.

Alt text

When Molly low sweeps Kenny, it's the same animation for when Lee trips from the Blood in Ep 1

• Here's the video of Kenny saying that:

Remember how after Lee grabs Ben at the Tower, Kenny stares at him and says nothing?(obviously implying a look that Lee should let Ben die)

• Remember the girl who wanted to kill herself in episode 1 of season 1 ?
    Same choice for Ben.

What if the Sam choice will happen to someone too ?
    Suspens..

• If only Kenny and Ben chooses to come with you in EP 4, the whole scene you get in EP5 is fucking hilarious, so many funny dialogues.

Looks like Kenny and Ben were starting to get along, kind of.

• edited June 2014

I don't know if this has been posted, but when Lee is being transported to jail, you can see Campman's station wagon going down the road, and, you can make no choice in the meat locker to which Kenny will shove Lee, say "Your useless Lee!" and smash Larry's head.

• Which decisions actually factor into her choice?

Shumisha posted: »

At the end of Season 1, if you say nothing, Clementine will choose by herself (well, based on Lee decisions in the game) if Kill him or let him turn. Same for Ben.

• I remember that it was: I like beagles, they like to sniff stuff.

papai46 posted: »

There are funny things written in both can of beans and the can of peaches textures. Those things include: "i love beagles, they like to lic

• If Lee decides not to give the food rations to any of the kids (in Starved for Help), Kenny will shout at him

• Lee and Clementine rode away into the sunset on the unicorn from Clem's coloring book.

Conduit42 posted: »

S1E4 "Around Every Corner", Lee foreshadows his death in the Crawford Sewers. Upon finding and examining a pile of dead, "half-eaten sewer r

• Lead programmer for the game.

Rigtail posted: »

I never understood that, who is Randy?

• Haha, that's cute! I'll have to do this.

When teaching Clem how to shoot a gun, at some point she'll ask if there's anything else she should know. If you choose to stay silent

• Also to add to that scene, if you choose to tell Katjaa but not Kenny, Kenny will respond with anger and shock towards you outside the RV, but will respond more calmly inside the RV, implying Katjaa tells Kenny offscreen you were in fact honest. So you can mix and match that.

A little something in Episode 3 for those of you who saved Carley(aka. the majority) After talking to Carley about Lee's secret. If you

• Hmm, it's quite possible this is due to a corrupted save file, but even when I've said something besides "hold your breath when you fire" as Lee, Clem tells Sarah to hold her breath. Glitch or not, I'm not sure.

DoubleJump posted: »

Adding on to the advice you give Clem when teaching her how to shoot a gun comment. This advice carries onto episode 2 of season 2 when teac

• edited June 2014

Similar to the Randy Tudor easter egg, if you don't bring anyone to the hospital with you, and look across the gap from the bell tower several times in a row, Lee will start to sing to himself the lyrics to R. Kelly's "I believe I can fly" to pump himself up. In addition, if you chose to have Lee cut off his own arm, he will replace the lyrics of "spread my wings and fly away" with "wing". This is possibly the "companion" dialog to Christa's/Kenny's response to Ben/Lee's crack about growing wings to fly off the roof.

*Note: this easter egg does not, technically, exist, and that is a shame.

When Lee walks/kills through the walker horde, you can actually get bitten twice and not get gameovered. So Lee can actually go through Ep.5

• edited June 2014

Also some dev stuff: the writers at one point considered cutting Clementine from TWD altogether, as they were afraid she might be seen as a nuisance and detract from the story. It was sometime just before voice recording, so fairly late in the process I think. I forget the article I got that from awhile back, but I found it searching for reviews of season 1.

Thank goodness they decided to keep her.

quinnics posted: »

* There are unused audio clips of Ben talking about how bandits held them hostage and made him watch them rape female students. (Ugh, that m

• It was strange.

SailingSolo posted: »

Lee's mother was a small lady and she was a tuba player.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.