The speculation Thread!

Comments

• edited November 2004
    team.jpg

So what does the broom in the image mean?

Guess, they're doing a new Harry Potter game, then...
    "Harry Potter and the Ex-Prisoners of LucasArts" or so...
  • edited November 2004
    I guess it's just a guy with a brush!

Bernard
  • edited November 2004
    Aaaaaah, thanks Bernard... it all becomes so clear now.
    Haven't had my dosis of MI in a long time.

Un-obvious me! D'oh! :))
  • edited November 2004
    B-)
  • edited November 2004
    The brooms there because they went cheap on a jainitor. OR Maybe it means that they are going to be taking all there competition to the cleaners.
  • edited November 2004
    or they make a monkey ball adventure :D
    or ape escape

i found a other pic

shhhhhhh.jpg

shhhhhhh2.jpg
  • edited November 2004
    Huh? Those two pictures are the same.

Edit: Wait a minute, they're not. One is a bit wider than the other.
  • edited November 2004
    Zak McKracken is back! ;)
  • edited November 2004
    Hmmm... Other one has shorter legs.
  • edited November 2004
    I did alot of of image comparisions . I put it through several programs on my computer. Another several on someone elses computer, then I took it downtown to all my forensic investigator buddies, and everything reached the same conclusion. They are identicle accept for their placing on the thread.
  • edited November 2004
    They're very similar, but they're not identical.
  • edited November 2004
    They are identicle accept for their placing on the thread.

Actually, if you kinda squint and turn your head to the side, it looks like a skull the first image has a rounder, possibly shorter stomach than the second. It's probably just two different variations on the character design, though.
  • edited November 2004
    Looks like the shadow man has a nose.... either that or his arm is attached to his head......
  • edited November 2004
    What if they are, what if they aren't? It doesn't make any difference unless one of the pictures has some secret meaning.
  • edited November 2004
    maybe it's Murray who has taken someones other body with a spell B-)
  • edited November 2004
    Actually I don't mind who or what the game will be featuring, I'm pretty sure these guys (TTG) will come up with a new, exiting, hillarious, challenging, and so on.. -game.. Or games..
    ;)
  • edited November 2004
    well, we'd hope it would be more than just one game! :p I mean, what would be the point if they only made one game??

I think we can safely say "Games"
  • edited November 2004
    I'm gonna say Monkey Island game - only because I'd love one and am completely ignoring the practicalities.

Come'on, you've got a monkey, you've got a Guy with a Brush - that's more than enough to get a looney MI fan like me to happy delude himself into thinking that a new MI game is on the way :)
  • edited November 2004
    What about the Guy with the Giant hammer?

and I don't see a french person throwing up...
  • edited November 2004
    Wait, i can see the difference. That's freaky.
  • edited November 2004
    What if thy only meant the ones who said that it won't be Sam & Max 2 by saying "some of you were right"?...
  • edited November 2004
    What if thy only meant the ones who said that it won't be Sam & Max 2 by saying "some of you were right"?...

Then...er...I know! Maybe it's Full Throttle 2! Quick, somebody else suggest it so we can qualify as "some" and I can get my hopes up! ;)

(Okay, so I'm just kidding. It's the most unlikely thing ever, I know. I'm just a masochist who likes having her dreams crushed.)
  • edited November 2004
    The blurred character HAS to be Bone. I remember that cartoon from a long time ago. Sounds like a good idea, but I'd way rather have s&m2 =\
  • edited November 2004
    shhhhhhh.gif
    Now that I have answered the question, let's all speculate how good the next Hasselhoff game is going to be.
  • edited November 2004
    well I wouldn't mind seeing a new monkey island either, I played that 3d monkey island but it wasnt really very good at all, I didn't even finish the game.
    These 3d games have been a curse for good adventure games so far .. with a few exceptions (grim fandango,...)
    Just my opinion
  • edited November 2004
    well I wouldn't mind seeing a new monkey island either, I played that 3d monkey island but it wasnt really very good at all, I didn't even finish the game.
    These 3d games have been a curse for good adventure games so far .. with a few exceptions (grim fandango,...)
    Just my opinion

Why would anyone be wanting a Monkey Island game without Ron Gilbert on board? And the Monkey Island intellectual property is owned by LucasArts, I really can't see them selling it to a competitor.

Anyway, why's everyone hung up on sequels (Sam & Max excepted, for obvious reasons). It's the original characters and scenarios that I'm most looking forward to... like that Caveman guy!
  • edited November 2004
    Why would anyone be wanting a Monkey Island game without Ron Gilbert on board?

Maybe because CMI and EMI were amazing as well?
  • edited November 2004
    Monkey Island 3 & 4 were both missing something. they tried to explain away the wierd ending from Monkey Island 2 and that took away from the continuity of the series. Also, they recycled the insult sword fighting from Monkey Island 1. In my opinion recylcing isn't a good thing to do in sequels.
  • edited November 2004
    Although, if we had needed to recall MI1 to be able to win the swordfights, that would have been cool! nasty for those who never played one but it would have been fun :)
  • edited November 2004
    I started playing the series from CMI. I loved that games and I didn't think it was missing anything, but it was different from the first two. The style CMI was in was great, but Monkey island 4 was definatly lacking.
  • edited November 2004
    i want more news B-)
  • edited November 2004
    Yeah, give us news, Telltale! ;)
    I want some tales to be told!
  • edited November 2004
    team.jpg
    Hey. He's holding an axe in that picture too!!! I just realised bout the (Guy) Brush thing [=D>] and can't think of any other reason for a brush in that picture...
  • edited November 2004
    Did anyone ever think they just used props in the picture for the hell of it?
  • edited November 2004
    And all those jeans there wearing, I bet the main character in there new game loves jeans.
  • edited November 2004
    any one noticed the guy with the hat and no shoes mmmmmmmmmmmmmm what all that about go to the boneville site and see the pictures of bone standing with his hand in the air
  • edited November 2004
    No no, don't you see, when people are burried they don't wear any shoes. It's imparting a secret message that that guy is dead.

And by the way, that's a broom, not a brush.
  • edited November 2004
    And by the way, that's a broom, not a brush.

Naaaah. We already cleared that one here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forum/viewthread?thread=5&offset=120#402
  • edited November 2004
    First of all, I don't think the blurred shadow picture has anything to do with the game. I just think they used it because it's a mistery which game they will make and who the shadow is is a mistery, too.

team.jpg

I will try helping analyze this image like so many have done before.
    Being a huge Monkey Island fan I'll link most of the stuff in the image to Monkey Island.

Guy holding hammer: Guybrush used a hammer in MI2 to lock Stan in his own coffin. And in MI3 he used it to nail the bed to the floor.
    Guy holding monkey: ... Well ... Monkey Island is an island filled with monkeys where Guybrush keeps returning to.
    Guy with brush: Just like everyone who said it's a reference to Guybrush. I think so, too.
    Guy with propellor hat: Maybe someone walking around in the themepark on monkey island?
    The guy with the axe I cannot link to Monkey Island

This is all a little farfetched. The most logical explanation is that it's just an image of "the team". Nothing more
  • edited November 2004
    You sure it's a hammer, looks more like a giant lolliepop to me.
This discussion has been closed.