The speculation Thread!

Comments

• edited December 2004
    The speculation thread can never die!
  • edited December 2004
    What is this, TellTale Forums 2: The Speculation Thread's Revenge?

...Okay, that was a cheap shot. I'm sorry. It'll never happen again.
  • edited December 2004
    in that picture 4 of them are wearing jeans..one isnt..that could be a clue B-)
  • edited December 2004
    I think they are all skeletons wearing human skins. Grim Fandango 2! If you look closely you could make out the zippers on thier skin suits. The objects are just a diversion.
  • edited December 2004
    lol :D
  • edited December 2004
    Don't quote me on this, but I heard that Mike Stemmle is currently doing contract work for Cisco Systems (of all things). Furthermore, I hear that he's royally torqued off the TellTale guys by going incommunicado (not to mention slightly incontinent) for the last few months.

But of course, that's all third-hand conjecture. In all likelihood, Stemmle's somewhere in France, living high off the hog on his Afterlife royalties.

Spreading muck,
    The Lord of the Ducks.
  • edited December 2004
    speaking of afterlife has it been abandoned yet? I only ever played the demo and then after a while the surfers from hell would come along and kill my city and say to buy the real version.
  • edited December 2004
    thats disappointing..stemmle needs to join telltale..his humour would be a real asset.. i think he was 1 of the main reasons why freelance police was looking so good
  • edited December 2004
    I'm sure Telltale will be doing great things even without Mike Stemmle. ;)

I'd heard he was talking a break from Videogames as a whole, having been burned out due to the whole LucasArts situation and the disappointment of the cancellation of Sam & Max. Possibly writing a book...

Anyway, I'm thinking he'll probably return to the genre in his own good time.
  • edited December 2004
    yeah that wouldnt surprise me..he was probably the most excited person about sam and max:freelance police ...
  • edited December 2004
    Ducklord are you sure you heard he was working FOR Cisco, not working WITH Cisco?
    I know he would often speak of his hero the great Anarchist Poet Cisco, pronounced (Seeescoe)

Stemmle's favorite poem consisted of only three words

Why I Eye

He thought it was great, "shallow only at the deepest point" he would say.

I didn't get it, but poetry can be like that, especially anarchist poetry
  • edited January 2005
    bump
  • edited January 2005
    Ducklord are you sure you heard he was working FOR Cisco, not working WITH Cisco?
    I know he would often speak of his hero the great Anarchist Poet Cisco, pronounced (Seeescoe)

Cisco? Didn't he write the Thong Song, or somesuch dribble?

IAE, given the third-hand nature of my resources, it's altogether possible that Stemmle is not, in fact, working with Cisco, but is, in all likelihood, working with Crisco.

Which is, I think we'd all agree, an image we can never fully scrub from our minds.

Happy New Year Y'All,
    The Master of the Mallards
  • edited January 2005
    if stemmles died his hair grey and writing songs about thongs lucasarts have a lot to answer for B-)
  • edited January 2005
    Bumb

Bringin' It From The Dead [>:)]
  • edited January 2005
    So what exactly are these third-hand resources that your conjectore is based upon? ;) I really want to see Stemmle hook up with Telltale, and I'd be pretty bummed out to learn he's detached from the industry now.
  • edited January 2005
    how funny was stemmles interviews about sam and max in the gaming mags!!! if hes left the industry his humour is being wasted :((
  • edited January 2005
    Maybe he changed his name
  • edited January 2005
    I think the new game will be Kings Quest XXVII the "Quest for More Disk Space."

If you know where that reference is from you officially rock in my book. It is from one of the best adventure games ever.
  • edited January 2005
    I would really love a sequel to the greatest adventure game from lucas arts: Loom (TM)

I really loved that game, but it might be a bit hard to base a sequel on since the entire universe was destroyed except a small peace that the weavers saved.

but it probably is a lucas arts licence so it's not entirely imposible that TTG will do just that sequel =)
  • edited January 2005
    I would really love a sequel to the greatest adventure game from lucas arts: Loom (TM)

I really loved that game, but it might be a bit hard to base a sequel on since the entire universe was destroyed except a small peace that the weavers saved.

but it probably is a lucas arts licence so it's not entirely imposible that TTG will do just that sequel =)

loom is fun,but i dont have time to write all those patterns ;)
  • edited January 2005
    i doubt telltale will be doing any lucasarts licenses..though their really deserved to be a maniac mansion 3 to go along with sam and max 2..hit the road and day of the tentacle were the pinnacle of adventure games for me
  • edited January 2005
    Maybe he changed his name

Maybe ducklord IS Mike Stemmle...

check out his profile:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forum/viewmember?memberid=200

Of course, ducklord could be lying. Wouldn't rule that out. Nope. Excessive Crisco use has habitual game designer impersonation as a side effect.
  • edited January 2005
    haha that profile is very strange :-/
  • edited January 2005
    shhhhhhh.jpg

This little dude looks a little bit like Strong Bad from Homestarrunner.com. Except no boxing gloves. And the feet look different. And I guess a lot of other things, but I thought I'd suggest it anyway. B-)
  • edited January 2005
    thing2bc.png

Looks like a cross between Max and Mr. Planters if you ask me. ;)
  • edited January 2005
    Maybe if you squint. ;)

We've all been aching for Mr. Planters to have his own adventure game, of course. We just don't realize it yet.
  • edited January 2005
    i think he's just joking.....Maybe ;)
  • edited January 2005
    Mr. Planters is the man, he needs his own adventure game. :)

But seriously, if you zoom in really close to the picture and look closely you can see a small nose and mouth, and what might possible be a baseball cap, but I'm not sure about that one. Looks like some young boy to me.
  • edited January 2005
    shhhhhhh.jpg

Huh... you're right, it does sort of look like a baseball cap on with the lip, or whatever it's called, dipping way down. Like if he was wearing it backwards and looking behind himself. But his feet are facing forward.

I got it. It's the Exorcist. That would make a great adventure game!

Hehe... just kidding. :)

But I'm really more inclined to agree with other speculation that this is probably a character from the Bone comics by Jeff Smith. Which is neat. I recently got the 1 volume edition from Amazon. Just need to find time to read it, along with my Sam & Max comic. I suppose I could stay off the forums for awhile... ;)
  • edited January 2005
    I really wish this was lil' Guybrush Jr. *Sigh*, one can only dream. :(
  • edited January 2005
    I really wish this was lil' Guybrush Jr. *Sigh*, one can only dream. :(

It's pretty safe to assume that LucasArts will never outsource one of its own intellectual properties. We can only hope that they'll see that there is a market for LEC adventure games and start up development again. And this time, follow through. It's a fool's hope, but that's all we have at the moment.

In the meantime, Telltale's got a REALLY creative team, and I'm sure they'll create (and license) new characters who we'll be clamoring for more games to be made from.
  • edited February 2005
    Not sure if this has already been pointed out but look at the newest update here: http://www.dudebrough.com/

"Dude, I cannot WAIT!"
  • edited February 2005
    Dude.
  • edited February 2005
    like, it would be rad if he like, says that um, his game is like, coming out, like, real soon man. but like, no joke dude.

and just, um... like, how much hash does this dude smoke?
  • edited February 2005
    pardon my ignorance... but what is "dudebrough"'s relation to Telltale? I think I missed something.
  • edited February 2005
    There isn't much to know, except telltale released this site http://www.dudebrough.com which we know telltale owns, and that Brendon probably wrote it. The rest is just guesses.
  • edited February 2005
    ah, thanks :) . I didn't know it was specifically Telltale's doing. I thought it might be a blog from one of us.

EDIT: I didn't think it was "serious" blog, though ;)

That's very interesting...

I was checking out the links for Dudebrough's favorite bands on that site, and saw one for Los Straightjackets . I had bought one of their CD's last week for my Dad's birthday. He apparently likes surf music, too. Something I did not know about my Dad. B-)
  • edited February 2005
    It's also pretty much been assumed that Theodore Dudebrough will be the star of one of Telltale's "smaller" games. I'm guessing Dank the Caveman is another as well.
  • edited February 2005
    I think it's possible they could be in the same game. Imagine Dudebrough somehow (blah blah blah science jargon) gets hurtled back in time to the days when cavemen were eaten by dinosaurs. And Dudebrough would fit right in, 'cause he's kind of primitive, himself. Maybe.

Okay, probably not.
This discussion has been closed.