More Walking Dead Interactive Fan-Fic:Humanity or Survival Ep. 6 Ch. 4 (Submissions open)

Comments

• [stay silent]

Domingez posted: »

“I have to do this for Svet and Stan” said Sergio decisively. “So you’re just gonna hang around out there for them to get ya? pff that’s

• [Start shooting]

“I have to do this for Svet and Stan” said Sergio decisively. “So you’re just gonna hang around out there for them to get ya? pff that’s

• SOMEONE BREAK THE TIE

• Again, I'll vote to break the tie. I've been wondering where the new part has been and I found out there was a tie in the voting all this time, haha.

[Stay silet]

I think it's the safer option.

• Agreed! ^

Best fan-fic on this forum

• Thanks for breaking the tie John. I was away for a while and not to mention I had little to no internet connection, the next part should be up this weekend hang tight everyone :)

JohnBuro posted: »

Again, I'll vote to break the tie. I've been wondering where the new part has been and I found out there was a tie in the voting all this time, haha. [Stay silet] I think it's the safer option.

• No problem, and don't worry, take your time. Looking forward to the next part! :)

Thanks for breaking the tie John. I was away for a while and not to mention I had little to no internet connection, the next part should be up this weekend hang tight everyone

• I agree! One of the interesting ones. :) Though I feel like the descriptions could be a little better, BUT that is my opinion and one should always take opinions with a grain of salt, so please don't yell.

• 15 minutes earlier

Brent stood in silence while the scavenger held him by the neck.

“Answer you little shit! where’s the rest of your group?!” the man tackled him to the ground.

Duke gasped looking at what was going down, his inner rage was raising, he really wanted to do something.

“You’re hurting me, asshole” mumbled Brent weakly.

“That’s the idea kid, last time where’s the rest of your group?! or I’ll snap you’re fingers one by one” the stranger responded roughly.

“I’m on my own! my group left me!” yelled Brent nervously.

“Bullshit!” the stranger shouted

“We don’t have time for this man, if Hiram finds out you tortured the kid without his permission, he’s gonna have your head, let him decide what to do with him!” the driver interrupted.

“Rrrgh, you’re one lucky fucking kid” the stranger whispered to Brent’s ear before dragging him to the truck.

“At least we’re not heading home empty handed” the third scavenger grumbled optimistically in the backseat.

As Brent was pushed it the vehicle he noticed a man and a woman in the backseat with their hands tied and mouths taped.

“Stop looking around kid and sit straight” the scavenger grunted.

The vehicle drove away and Duke started stealthily running after them.

“D’think Sergio will give himself up without a fight?” remarked the stranger holding Brent beside him.

“Doesn’t matter really he’s a dead man anyway, Hiram won’t let him live long hehe” the driver muttered.

After a few minutes they arrived at the tunnels. Svetlana and Stan were taken into a different direction than Brent who was thrown into one of the dark chambers.

“Whattcha got for me boys?” asked Hiram cheerfully as he entered his quarters

“We found them boss” replied the scavenger.

“Finally bout’ time, who are these two?” Hiram smiled.

“Why don’t you check for yourself” the man smirked.

Hiram uncovers the faces of Svetlana and Stan “Well I’ll be damned the radio chick and the eastern fucking cockroach!”

“Mmmm...you...mrgh” Svetlana and Stan tried to say something.

“Oh we’ll have a lot to talk, we haven’t had a woman down here for sometime” grinned Hiram.

“We also found a boy” one of the men interrupted.

“Really, where is he now?” asked Hiram roughly.

“In the chambers” the man muttered.

“Was he alone?” Hiram continued seriously.

“Yeah, he said his group left him, but that may be bullshit” replied the scavenger.

“Hmm...strange....this maybe a good test for William” said Hiram thoughtfully.

“Er-whattcha say boss” the man winced confusingly.

“Nothing just thinking out loud, keep an eye on these two” Hiram ordered as he exited the room.

Hiram approached the chamber where Willy was held, he entered with an ambiguous smile “Time for your second lesson William”.

“Where are we going?” murmured Willy nervously.

“Hmm....lets call it an observation room” smiled Hiram.

“What am I supposed to do, I-I mean for this...test” choked Willy.

“You’ll see, it might answer many questions or it may be a blank choice for you” Hiram paused before responding.

The two entered a room with a big window nothing was seen on the other side.

“Why am I here what do you want from me?” stuttered Willy nervously and anxiously.

“Look through the window” said Hiram toughly before illuminating two chambers. The first one revealed John who was sitting in a chair beaten to a pulp and in the other chamber Brent was situated in the corner hugging his legs. Willy rushed to the window and called out their names “Let them go!” he glanced at Hiram.

“I’m not really a fan of....John, but I’ll be very sad to see something happen to Brent” said Hiram in a controlled tone.

“Why are you doing this?” choked Willy.

“For many reasons, one of them is simple, I’m insane” Hiram replied in a matter of fact tone.

“You see Will my boy, the sane world died because nothing can stay pure too long, only the strong who don’t give a fuck survive, you know why I chose you?” he continued.

“N-no” shivers Willy.

“Because you’re the future” replies Hiram with a sneer lowering his head looking face to face at Willy.

“I’m not your future!” Willy shouted.

“You are you’ll see it soon, this might be your most important test, you have to choose between those two people which I assume you’re very close with.....think twice before picking because the one you choose will be the one you’ll be helping fighting of walkers in that very chamber” said Hiram stiffly.

“What happens to the other one....the one I don’t pick?” choked Willy starting to tear up.

“He’ll have to fight off the walkers on his own” sneered Hiram.

“Please don’t do this, don’t kill them” Willy trembled.

“It’s not me who’s gonna kill them, the walkers will, I’m just giving you a chance to change the fate for only one” said Hiram rigidly.

“And what if I die too huh? then everything you said is just stupid” replied Willy angrily.

“You won’t die, you survived this long, you killed walkers before haven’t ya, you’re stronger than you think” Hiram responded zealously.

Major Choice: Sacrifice

[Help Brent]

[Help John]

• No yelling here :) in what ways should the descriptions be improved?

I agree! One of the interesting ones. Though I feel like the descriptions could be a little better, BUT that is my opinion and one should always take opinions with a grain of salt, so please don't yell.

• Thanks for the kind words ;)

#TeamSarah posted: »

Agreed! ^

• [Help Brent]

Oh shit... oh shit... that choice is a hard one. However, I think Willy should choose to help Brent for two reasons. First reason is that Brent and Willy are very close friends. They knew each other since the very first episode, they are basically like brothers and they have been through a lot. While Willy and John are also close, they haven't been through that much. Second reason is that John is a grown man and far stronger than Brent. He has a chance to fight off the walkers on his own, while Brent's chances are much worse I guess

15 minutes earlier Brent stood in silence while the scavenger held him by the neck. “Answer you little shit! where’s the rest of your

• [Help Brent]

15 minutes earlier Brent stood in silence while the scavenger held him by the neck. “Answer you little shit! where’s the rest of your

• Agreed completyly!

• [Help Brent]

Brent is cooler!

• edited April 2015

[Help Brent]

I think John has a bigger chance to survive on his own.

• [Help Brent]

• I dunno... I've just noticed that you don't tend to describe the mood, or the setting, or sometimes even the characters very often... I just thought I'd throw that out there. I mean, I'm not the world's best writer and I have trouble with descriptions in my fanfics sometimes, so I suppose it isn't really my place to talk. However, I still really enjoy the plot.

No yelling here in what ways should the descriptions be improved?

• Good point, indeed I sometimes do and don't write about the general mood or setting, however I'll do my best to write more about it and the characters;)

I dunno... I've just noticed that you don't tend to describe the mood, or the setting, or sometimes even the characters very often... I just

• I just wanted to say how much I love this story. This is one of the few fan-fics on this site that I've actually read the entire thing. This is definitely my favorite Walking Dead story on the forum. I love your writing and I think I'm going to become an active voter now. To be honest, I don't know why I wasn't in the first place, lol. Anyway, keep up the good work Domingez!

• Me too!

#TeamSarah posted: »

Agreed! ^

• I'm glad we could talk about this without caps lock or an argument! You handle critics better than I do. Someone once told me a character was slightly OOC in a fanfic, and I legit cried and apologized profusely. :)

Good point, indeed I sometimes do and don't write about the general mood or setting, however I'll do my best to write more about it and the characters;)

• Willy started to tear up as he stared down at Brent and John. John looked really bad, barely sitting in his chair, Brent sat anxiously and impatiently waiting for anything that came his way. Willy wanted to help them both, but there was no negotiating with Hiram, he had no choice but to play his crazy game of mentor and student in a dying world.

“I’ll never forget you” Willy choked silently as he watched him.

He turned towards Hiram with his reddish and tearful eyes and gasped “B-Brent I want to help Brent”

“That’s the choice I would’ve made Will, it’s tragic but everything’s gonna be fine.....great finally I can get rid of the big fella, he was starting to get on my nerves” replied Hiram indifferently somewhat satisfied.

Hiram knocked once on the door a man in a black beanie opened and awaited further orders. “Take Will down to the boy and go easy on them at first” he said stiffly.

“What ‘bout the dude?” he mumbled.

“Untie him, send as many walkers as you can his way, hell we got a lot of bodies to dispose.....c’mon Will” chuckled Hiram.

As Willy exited the room he glanced angrily at Hiram and said “I wish you were dead”.

“Wow you’re already learning kid, one day you might take my place if you have what it takes.....now go I’ll give you 60seconds to talk to your friend before....you know what” Hiram leveled his face and smiled at Willy.

The guard left with Willy, Hiram approached the panel and said “Let see what you’re really made off”.

Brent startled as the door clicked loudly. He swiftly got to his feet once he saw Willy the two shared a hug “Man you’re alive! It’s so good to see ya” said Brent gladly.

“You too Brent” replied Willy somewhat preoccupied.

“Where are we?” asked Brent anxiously.

“We don’t have time,you have to listen to me, this crazy guy’s gonna let walkers in here we have to fight them off” gasped Willy.

“Wh-What!? where the hell are we even?...shit, you got a weapon?!” said Brent nervously.

“No, we need a plan Brent quick” replied Willy promptly.

“Okay, okay....er...uh...we have to stick together avoid separating” Brent panted.

“We should go for the legs first, it will be easier to kill them” choked Willy.

“Yeah, yeah okay, uff....shit” Brent took a deep breath scratched his head and gazed at the door.

“We can do this, we have to Brent....it’s-

A walker suddenly entered and advanced towards Willy.

“BEHIND YOU!” yelled Brent as he pulled Willy away.

The walker grasped Brent by the shoulders, Willy got to his feet and kicks the walkers kneecap causing it to fall, Brent delivered the kill by stomping on it’s head.

“That wasn’t so hard” muttered Brent while catching his breath.

After a few seconds two walkers were released into the room.

“Oh man shit.......I’ll take the left one” called Brent.

Willy performs the same act as earlier, he dodges the lurker and slams its kneecap from the side and stomps a few times before the walker stopped moving. Brent managed to do the same thing, but he noticed the thinner leg bone sticking out.

“What are you doing?” asked Willy with his eyes wide open.

“We can use the bone as a weapon....rrgh..ugh..(snap).....you see” gasped Brent.

Another two lurkers entered.....

Meanwhile John had his eyes barely opened he could hear the rusty moaning noises from the other chamber, a man approached him and untied him.

“The hell’s goin’ on?” mumbled John weakly as he struggled to get up.

“Hell is where you’re going” replied the man indifferently before leaving.

John crumbled to the ground while trying to stand up, his vision was blurry, left leg was hurt pretty bad, he watched the door while helping himself up by grabbing onto the chair. The moan was louder this time, once he lifted his eyes back at the entrance a fat lurker was heading his way with it’s arms stretched out. John kicks the walker away put falls back in agony, he crawls towards the chair, the lurker manages to grasp John’s left leg. In desperation John grabs and snaps the leg of the wooden chair and just in time thrusts it through the walkers eye. John knew there were more coming, his energy was drained, but managed to crawl to the other side of the room.

He leaned against the wall and awaited the inevitable next wave of walkers. For a second he thought that this was his time to go and be with his family, he could barely stand, dehydrated and not mention beaten up. The army taught him to be strong and never give up, something his old man tried to inculcate. Not this time John thought, all odds were against him, alone and no sign of the group finding him or breaking him out of this underground lair of psychopaths. Suddenly he faintly heard two familiar voices, he looks around and starts to think that his mind is playing tricks. The yelling voices of Brent and Willy where starting to be more vivid maybe they really are somewhere close he thought, or is it a sign that he shouldn’t give up hope not just yet.

Two walkers stormed in and interrupted his stream of thought, he lifted his right hand containing the wooden leg and thrusts it into the closest walker. The walker falls back with the stick stuck in its skull. The other lurker grabs John and pushes him against the wall, he was starting to be unstable on his feet, with no ideas left he clenched his fist and smashes the lurkers face. Now on top of the walker he continues punching it, after a few raging blows the walker was put to rest. While breathing heavily John sluggishly pulls out the wooden stick from the walkers skull and crawls slowly back to the wall. In a moment of silence he could hear Willy’s voice calling out “Are happy now Hiram! let us go!”.

John coughed out “Willy is that you! say something!” before three walkers were released into his chamber.

“Is it over? I think that was a bit fucking too much!” shouted Brent in rage all covered in blood.

“Did you hear that?” muttered Willy.

“All I can hear is walkers moaning, I can’t stand it anymore” grunted Brent.

“John is in the other room, I heard him just now” gasped Willy as he hugged his legs.

“How did you know that?” asked Brent curiously with his eyebrows narrowed.

“The crazy man that’s holding us, his name is Hiram, he told me to choose who I want to help you or John” said Willy in a defeated tone.

Brent threw his weapon aside and sat beside Willy “The doors ain’t opening that might mean, we did it, we have to find a way out, maybe we can still save him” replied Brent numbly.

Before Hiram entered they heard shouts and grunting noises from the other room. He grinned and slowly clapped “Well you two are quite the team, using bones as weapons was pretty clever I’m very impressed with you both, you’re in for a treat later one”

“Let John go!” yelled Willy menacingly.

“You made your choice Will, John is dead deal with it, I must say he’s quite the fighter but he’ll give in soon, he’s in bad shape as it is” said Hiram uninterested before exiting.

“Wait I want to see him!” yelled Willy.

“Heh soon kiddo very soon, time to relax now, no more walkers heading your way, Jimmy here will take you two to another room where it’s......more quiet and adequate to be in” smirked Hiram as you gazed all over the room.

“Oh one more thing, Brent you really thought I didn’t see you hide that small pointy bone in your sock?” Hiram turned around casually.

Brent glanced at him for a brief moment before tossing the wrist bone aside.

“Good boy, I’ll see you both in a bit” said Hiram optimistically.

Sergio gets up from his couch, rubs his face the thought of tomorrow’s encounter with Hiram terrifies him, it’s still dark outside only the moonlight giving a glimpse of light in his small office. He walks over to the tall window and gazes out, usually at this time before the outbreak buildings and street lamps would still be lit up despite the late hour. But now all that remains among the standing buildings is a graveyard.

“Are you okay Sergio?” Amita interrupted standing in the hallway.

“Yeah, more or less” murmured Sergio.

Amita entered his office “Me neither, can I join you?” she asked softly.

“Please” nodded Sergio.

“What are you thinking right now?” she continued.

“About Hiram, I should’ve killed him before, that way Svet and Stan would still be here” he replied morosely.

“I’m sure it’s not your fault” said Amita compassionately.

“You don’t understand, he was a serial killer before the outbreak....and still is” sighed Sergio.

“You didn’t mention this earlier” winced Amita.

“Because there was no need to frighten everyone about it........he killed over forty people mostly women apparently takes pleasure out of it, because he hates them for whatever evil reason he has, his only weakness is that he doesn’t like hurting children” replied Sergio in a matter of fact tone.

“My God” sighed Amita.

“And now he has Svetlana and Stan, there’s no way he’ll hand them over just like that especially not her” choked Sergio.

“You don’t know that” replied Amita gently.

“I have to expect it....if I hand myself over maybe just maybe I’ll manage to save Stan......perhaps I’ll even have a chance to take Hiram down with me” said Sergio roughly.

A sad yet hopeful expression casted Amita’s face, she walks towards the hallway and replies “In all that darkness outside, there’s always a bit of light”.

Sergio looked out at the world one last time before retiring.

Willy and Brent were brought into a small rectangular room with two beds not very clean but comfortable, they rested in silence for a while and awaited news about John. It didn’t take long for the loud click of the door to reopen. Hiram looked at them blankly and responded to Willy “C’mon Will”

Willy got up in a rush and followed the creepy bald leader to John’s chamber.

“Is John okay? where is he?” persisted Willy anxiously.

“I must admit he too impressed me for a while, but everything ends the same way...go on” replied Hiram uncommitted.

Willy swallowed nervously before entering, the chamber was covered in blood, there must’ve been over ten bodies around, John could be hardly seen in the corner covered in blood himself. Willy choked and approached him.

John opened one eye and lethargically swung his fist.

“I-it’s me John, Willy” he cried.

“Willy?, w-wha how did, good to see ya kid” John faintly smiled.

“I’m sorry” cried Willy.

“Don’t be, it’s okay..(cough)....I’m okay.....everything’s gonna be alright” grumbled John.

“No it’s not! I could’ve saved you!” yelled Willy in tears.

“You did what you could......and I know that......you did the right thing......” said John weakly.

“No....no” cried Willy as he shattered to ground.

“C’mere kiddo” John reached his hand weakly.

Willy wipes his face and grasped John’s palm.

“Don’t blame yourself.......always do what you think is best.....you have to go you’re not safe close to me.....(cough) that bastard will want you to.....finish me off....don’t do it leave me here....‘cause......killing a friend changes you-” whispered John.

Hiram interrupts their conversation “Time to wrap this up Will, I’m gonna leave a gun over here, I assume you don’t want you’re friend to suffer in agony so you know what to do.....you only have one bullet, better don’t miss” he said shortly.

[Kill John]

[Refuse]

• Glad to hear John :)

JohnBuro posted: »

I just wanted to say how much I love this story. This is one of the few fan-fics on this site that I've actually read the entire thing. This

• [Refuse]

Oh damn John... but he apparently does not want Willy to kill him

Willy started to tear up as he stared down at Brent and John. John looked really bad, barely sitting in his chair, Brent sat anxiously and i

• [Refuse]

Willy started to tear up as he stared down at Brent and John. John looked really bad, barely sitting in his chair, Brent sat anxiously and i

• [Kill John]

• [Refuse] and shoot Hiram! Bwahaha!

• [Refuse]

We can't kill John... and he doesn't want Willy to do it.

• “I won’t do it!” said Willy decisively as he glanced at Hiram.

“You gotta do it, you can’t make him suffer, can ya?” replied Hiram softly.

John coughed “Don’t do it...it’ll change you” while Willy approached the gun carefully placed beside Hiram by the door.

Willy swiftly grabs the gun and attempts to point it at Hiram, but he was to quick and twisted Willy’s hand.

“I know you’re angry, you have every right to be, but this is good, you’re slowly becoming like me” whispered Hiram while he slowly released Willy from his grip.

“I will never be like you” Willy grunted.

“Say goodbye to your friend, he’s gonna die soon a slow and painful death, you had your chance to make it quick” replied Hiram indifferently.

Willy got up and walked over to John one last time “I’ll never forget you John” he choked.

“....and...I...you....be strong...Willy” murmured John weakly.

Hiram waited by the door as Willy slowly walked towards him, he took one last glance at the small blooded chamber, John was still breathing but laid lifelessly among the corpses “Bye John” muttered Willy while he wiped his face from tears.

“You did very good today, you now see, not everyone can be saved or survive in this world, we both can, because we’re strong and unique” said Hiram proudly breaking the silence as he escorted Willy back to Brent.

Willy approached the room without replying.

“Aren’t you gonna say something Will?” asked Hiram suspiciously.

“You forced me to do all those bad things, there’s one thing you won’t have to force me into doing” replied Willy morosely.

“And what is that boy?” grinned Hiram.

“Killing you” said Willy shortly as he entered the room.

Hiram continued smiling while he slammed the door shut “Keep an eye on things” he ordered to the two guards standing nearby as he went over to talk with Svetlana and Stan.

“Now Svetlana, I want to know how’s Sergio?” Hiram said flamboyantly as he leveled his face.

“Fuck you” she replied and spat on his face.

“Heh oh you will be.....you’re in for a treat.....I’m gonna be honest with you I don’t care what happens to you, I know Sergio will go for the deal and try to save you, but I won’t let him” giggled Hiram as he caressed her face with a short sharp knife.

“Then do it what are you waiting for?! you sick fuck!” snarled Svetlana.

“That would be too easy, and not stimulating enough for me” replied Hiram roughly.

“Get up!” he grabbed Stan, approached the door and knocked once.

“Have fun with her boys, but leave her alive will ya” sneered Hiram.

“Stay away from me you motherfuckers!” shrieked Svetlana.

Her screams echoed through the hallways as Hiram dragged Stan to Willy and Brent.

“Why are you doing this? leave her alone?” muttered Stan in his foreign accent.

“Man you should be happy that you’re still breathing after all you’ll be free in the morning, because that pussy friend of yours Sergio will give himself up just to save you” smiled Hiram.

“And Svetlana, you leave her alone!” snapped Stan.

“Oh I can’t do that, I want to see Sergio’s face once I tell him that it is his fault that his precious girl has been raped and mutilated!” yelled Hiram as he pushed Stan into the room.

Duke ran as fast as he could, he was almost out of breath once he arrived at the tunnel, which was barricaded by suv’s and trucks. The place was relatively quiet only a few walkers wondering around in the distance, he slowly approached the vehicles in a crouched position. Two guards were chatting and smoking closer to the entrance. Duke created a distraction by slamming the truck. They startled and advanced towards the vehicle.

Duke pulled out his knife and snuck behind one of them and stabbed fearlessly in the back. Once the second one realized what was going on, he already had a blade sticking out from his throat. Duke advanced to the tunnel, he used the guards flashlight to illuminate the place, the smell was almost unbearable, he noticed that the tunnel has collapsed up ahead and started looking around for another way through. There was only one door to the right and it was unlocked, he started climbing down the stairwell leading to the sewers, small drops of water were echoing in the background.

Down below was another passage-way with cages on both sides, the smell caused Duke to throw up, he lit up the cages and observed in fright, numerous male bodies laying around, probably starved to death. Suddenly a group of savaged men started reaching out to him creating animalistic noises, some were feeding off of each other. He panted and ran quickly ahead, until nearly falling down a hole, yet he managed to pull himself up, but lost his rifle. The audible moans still made shiver run down his spin, there was an open gate up ahead, he lifted his knife and scanned the next section. Empty cans and boxes were scattered around, but no bodies were seen. He pointed the flashlight at a vent that wasn’t completely shut. Before inspecting it, he had another look around, there was another passage leading to the lower level of the sewers. Once Duke reached the bottom, he gazed at a half flooded room. He kneeled to inspect a wooden raft which could definitely be used to cross. On the other side a interlude or corridor to another section was barely seen.

[Check the vent]

[Use the raft to cross]

• Holy shit, poor Svetlana. Hopefully someone kills that monster Hiram soon.

[Check the vent]

I guess he can still use the raft if the vent turns out to be a bad idea.

“I won’t do it!” said Willy decisively as he glanced at Hiram. “You gotta do it, you can’t make him suffer, can ya?” replied Hiram softly

• “You forced me to do all those bad things, there’s one thing you won’t have to force me into doing” replied Willy morosely.

“And what is that boy?” grinned Hiram.

“Killing you” said Willy shortly as he entered the room.

Alt text

[Check the vent]

“I won’t do it!” said Willy decisively as he glanced at Hiram. “You gotta do it, you can’t make him suffer, can ya?” replied Hiram softly

• [Check the vent]

• [Check the vent]

• Before moving any further, Duke decides to go back and check the vent. Behind the screeching gate was a small hidden storage room. There were things scattered all over the place duffel bags, backpacks, boxes, cans, bottles, personal belongings during the sluggish search, a dead body startled him near the shelves. A man presumingly in his thirties, shot twice in the stomach possibly bled out to death trying to get supplies, he was holding a note and a wallet containing a driver’s licence, personal id and a few photographs of him and two women. Duke took the note and started reading:

Sherry, I wanted you to know I love you and the girls so much. I hope you made it out safe and out of the city. I doubt you’ll ever read this note but in this case I hope you never do ‘cause that’ll mean that bastard has got you. Be safe and never give up. Rob

“Man, what happened here......poor guy” sighed Duke.

“Hey, I think there’s someone down here?”! a man yelled from the sewers.

“Go check it out, if they keep on making noises put them down” another loud voice was heard.

Duke swiftly approached the vent and had a peek, after a few minutes one of the guards walked past him. There was no time to think he took out his knife and slit the guards throat and pulled his body into the vent.

“I could use this” remarked Duke as he examine the sub-machine gun.

Hiram exits the interrogation room where Svetlana was held, covered in blood. A nearby guard hesitantly walks over to him.

“Sir?” he nodded.

“Man that felt good, well she ain’t going anywhere...get the others ready we’re moving out, we need time to organize on site for the arrival of Sergio” wheezed Hiram gladly.

“Right away, what about the other prisoner?” remarked the guard.

“Tie him up and take him to the truck, he is coming with us” smirked Hiram.

“We have to find a way out” murmured Stan restlessly.

“How? the only way out is through that door genius” snapped Brent.

“I’m just trying to help no point getting angry” winced Stan.

“Our only chance now is Duke, he’s the only one out there that knows where we are” said Brent roughly.

“Where are we gonna go, once we escape?” asked Willy softly.

“The group is planning to get out of the city by boat, I know the way to it, we can all make it in time if we all hurry and think of something” replied Stan flatly.

“Where?” gasped Willy curiously.

Stan rested his hands on Willy’s shoulders “In case I don’t make it, you two head for Jackson Park near highway 41, you can’t miss it, wait for the group there”

Suddenly the door opened and two guards entered and tied Stan’s hands behind his back.

“Can I just have a minute to speak with the boys?” Stan asked rigidly.

“You had enough time to do that asshole, now move” grunted the guard.

“You’re not gonna grant a dead man his last wish?” sneered Stan.

“Eh....for fucks sake make it quick” snarled the guard after a second of stalling.

“Come here” smiled Stan towards Willy and Brent.

“Remember what I said, do your best and be safe you two” said Stan softly.

“Man I need to scratch my back” Stan grumbled and turned his back towards the boys, Brent noticed he was holding a key.

“Thanks Brent” replied Stan optimistically as Brent pretended to scratch his back and take the key.

“Move we gotta get going” growled the guard as he jerked Stan out of the room.

“Holy shit, when did he manage to steal it?” remarked Willy feeling surprised.

“I guess he somehow took it off that guard as he entered, I dunno but it was pretty cool anyway” said Brent happily.

2 hours later

Back at the radio headquarters the group is getting ready to move out.

“Hey Sergio, you got a minute?” muttered Marcin.

“Sure what is it?” replied Sergio.

“I just wanted to say that I appreciate what you did here, and I’m sorry that I can’t help you out” said Marcin remorsefully.

“I didn’t do anything for the group, you on the other hand did everything you kept thing’s....moving, you were the one that came up with the boat plan, which matter of fact might just save this group, I should be thanking you” smiled Sergio and reached out.

Marcin smirked and shook Sergio’s hand.

“You look out today, okay” said Sergio smoothly.

“You too Sergio” nodded Marcin.

“Stop staring down that shaft Nat and help me back” called Fred optimistically.

Nathaniel wasn’t responding and just stood their thinking about the whole situation.

“Are you okay bro?” Fred asked.

“You think we’re gonna make it?....I don’t mean just today but in general? do we even stand a chance against all adversities we face” sighed Nathaniel.

“I can’t guarantee anything Nat, but you gotta always think positive.....look we have a strong group, we have to make it...try not think about it too much and help me out” replied Fred sensitively.

“Where are we going mum?” Rory asked gently as he put on his backpack.

“We’re going on a journey, somewhere safer son” replied Laura tenderly.

“Finally this place was starting to get boring” remarked Ryan.

“How’s your leg Austin?” James asked casually.

“It’s getting better” replied Austin flatly.

“Take this you might need it” James pulls out a 9mm pistol.

“Yeah who does need a gun in a time like this, thanks” smiled Austin.

“Damn straight, let me know if you need anything” nodded James.

Una knocked on Sergio’s door.

“Una what’s wrong? come in, I was just getting ready” said Sergio urgently.

“I feel bad for not going with you, you can’t take these people down on your own I want to help out, I want my brother back” choked Una.

“I know it's hard....you have to go with Marcin, you have to think about him now, he needs you too” Sergio comforts her.

“It’s eating me inside, I don’t know what to do, I can’t just give up on my own brother” she stifled.

[Go with Sergio]

[Go with the group]

Took a while to get this one up sorry to everyone and thank you for still participating ;)

• [Go with the group]

I don't think she can do that much against Hiram and his goons. Best thing that could happen to her if she goes with Sergio is that she does not get captured as well. And seeing what Hiram does with his female captives (Poor Svetlana ;_;), getting captured by him is the last thing I'd like to see happening to Una.

Before moving any further, Duke decides to go back and check the vent. Behind the screeching gate was a small hidden storage room. There wer

• edited May 2015

[Go with the group]

Before moving any further, Duke decides to go back and check the vent. Behind the screeching gate was a small hidden storage room. There wer

• [Go with the group]

• edited May 2015

“Going with me will only put you in more danger, Hiram is a very very dangerous and unpredictable man, I want to promise you that your brother and Svetlana will be okay, but I can’t....I can promise to do everything I can to keep them safe” sighed Sergio.

Una suddenly hugged him tenderly and choked “You’re a good man Sergio”.

“Make sure to keep the rest of the group safe and watch over Marty he’s gonna need your help” smirked Sergio.

“I will, you take care of yourself” said Una gladly before exiting the room.

Sergio walks over to his desk, opens a drawer and looks down “I guess it’s time”

“We cross to this building over here, get to the roof and remain on the rooftops as long as we can before getting to this point, there’s a zipline I installed a while back which will take us very close to the freeway, from there we should find some sort of transport and get to the boat” said Marcin in a controlled voice standing over the map.

“If that’s the plan, then lets go” muttered Fred.

“And what if there’s no transport? how are we suppose to get there, this route seems too dangerous” Nathaniel intervenes.

“There is no other way, we can’t move around the city, you saw what happened out there, walkers are absolutely everywhere, this is the plan we’re not changing it” replied Marcin roughly.

“I agree on everything, except I’m a bit skeptical with that zipline will it hold? besides that we’re quite well armed, we stick close and we’ll make it” nodded James.

“I used it a couple of times, never failed” replied Marcin.

“Hell we ain’t got much choice” murmured Orla.

“It’s bout‘ time we got out of this city” smiled Mickie.

“You all better move now, Hiram could come early or something” ordered Sergio looking out the window.

“I’ll go down first and see if it’s safe enough” said Marcin decisively.

The group departed while Sergio stayed back for a while waiting for Hiram and his men. The streets weren’t safe but with the help of sunlight and being well armed, Marcin lead the survivors to the next building and successfully got up onto the roof.

“Okay this is it” sighed Marcin while taking out the equipment to cross the zipline.

“Isn’t there another way we can cross?” asks Fred with concern.

“This is the only way, have a look what’s down there” says Marcin in a firm tone.

Fred looks over the ledge and gazes at a swarm of walkers.

“Jesus, there must be thousands of them” gasps Fred.

“Mommy I’m scared” cries Rory.

“Sh-sh it’s okay sweetie I’m here we’re safe up here” Laura comforts him.

“There wasn’t so many of them back there” gasped Nathaniel.

“That’s why we ought to keep moving” urged James.

“So this is what is left of Chicago, nothing but decay” muttered Fred gazing down at a ocean of walkers.

“Are you sure this is the only way?” asked Una anxiously.

“Yes, I know you hate climbing, but this is the only way we’ll make it” Marcin reassured while checking the zipline.

“Seeing that we only have equipment for three people, if you’re comfortable enough you don’t have to use it, it looks scary I know, but it’s not hard, you just need to have your legs wrapped around the rope and move quickly. I reckon I should take Ryan and Rory first because they are the lightest” suggested Marcin.

“I wanna go first!” Ryan calls out.

“Oh God please watch over them.....Marty please don’t let him go” Laura’s voice shivered.

“Wow that’s so cool” said Ryan happily.

“You see now we’re attached to each other so you won’t fall” smirked Marcin.

“Man that kid seems to have no idea what’s down there” muttered Fred nervously.

After successfully taking Ryan and later Rory over to the next rooftop. Laura slowly joined them using the climbing gear.

“Who’s next then?” asked Marcin firmly.

“Move, I wanna get this over with” said Orla in a sassy voice as she swiftly grasped the ropes with no assistance.

“Is she always like this?” winced James.

“Yep that’s ma’ girl alright” smiled Mickie.

Orla safely made it to the other side, later joined by Mickie. Amita had to use the climbing gear to cross.

“Una I think you should go next” whispered Marcin as he noticed her turned back.

“I-I can’t, not now” she choked.

“You’ll have to eventually face it, I know it’s scary....I know.....but think about later, we’ll finally be away from this place, maybe we’ll finally find peace, isn’t that what we were fighting for and surviving all this time?” he whispered softly and hopefully.

“Stanislaw was suppose to be with us! you think it will be easier once we leave?! look around you! this is all we can hope for it’s never gonna stop! look what’s down there! that is our fate!” Una cried and yelled.

“We gotta get moving, Austin you okay to cross?” asked James urgently.

“Yeah might as well be” muttered Austin as he grabbed the gear.

He stood close to the ledge “Fuck it’s like an army invading down there”

“Try not to look down” muttered James shortly.

“I love you so much Una, I need you to focus right now, please” Marcin comforts her tenderly.

Una pushes him away and replies flatly “okay, fine”

“I can’t cross without--” she murmured.

“Take mine, it’s the last one left honey” Marcin reacted swiftly.

Una got on the rope, only she didn’t realize that the buckle was too loose, halfway through it cracked.

“AAAAAAA! ssh....ugh...HELP!” Una screamed with her legs hanging freely above the herd.

“UNA!! HOLD ON!” Marcin shouted frantically.

“I-I can’t” cried Una.

“I have to help her” muttered Marcin.

“What if you both go down?” James stopped him in his tracks.

“I can’t just stand here and look! let me go asshole!” growled Marcin furiously trying to break free from James’s grasp.

“Will the rope hold?” grumbled Fred to Nathaniel.

[Let Marcin help Una]

[Keep hold of him]

• [Let Marcin help Una] HELP UNA OH MY GOD HELP HER.

Awesome chapter!

“Going with me will only put you in more danger, Hiram is a very very dangerous and unpredictable man, I want to promise you that your broth

Sign in to comment in this discussion.