More Walking Dead Interactive Fan-Fic:Humanity or Survival Ep. 6 Ch. 4 (Submissions open)

Comments

• [Let Marcin help Una]

Domingez posted: »

“Going with me will only put you in more danger, Hiram is a very very dangerous and unpredictable man, I want to promise you that your broth

• [Let Marcin help Una]

“Going with me will only put you in more danger, Hiram is a very very dangerous and unpredictable man, I want to promise you that your broth

• [Let Marcin help Una]

• [Let Marcin help Una]

• edited May 2015

“I said let me go dammit!” gasped Marcin while breaking free.

“Fuck....fuck” muttered James in anger as he let Marcin loose.

Marcin leaped quickly onto the rope and started advancing as fast as he could towards Una.

“Try to lift your leg, I’ll help you regain balance!” Marcin yelled.

“O-okay...ugh” stuttered Una as Marcin tried to help her.

Fred notices the rope lowering on their side “Shit! guys you gotta move! the rope’s gonna giving in” he shouted.

“My hands are getting numb!” Una screamed.

“No! Don’t let go! fuck fuck” yelled Marcin nervously.

Una’s leg slips off causing her to lose grip, Marcin instantly grabbed her arm, the group on both sides looked in horror and felt helpless.

“Don’t let go of me” Una shivered as she hanged onto Marcin’s hand.

“I won’t, I never will” replied Marcin through his teeth slightly distorted.

“Marcin you’re both gonna die if don’t let her go!” James called out.

“I-I can’t” Marcin sobbed.

“O-Oh God please help us......save yourself, we can’t both die.....I-I love you” cried Una as she stopped holding on.

“No! don’t give up on me!.......please I-I can’t go on without you” shrieked Marcin as he held on tighter.

She looked up at his face one last time “You have to for both of us” and pushed his hand away before falling into the swarm of the undead.

Marcin’s eyes widened, his body froze as he stared at Una being devoured. Everything went mute, no voices were heard in Marcin’s head. The group gazed in fear and despair at the occurrence, Marcin closed his eyes and clenched his teeth. He wiped off his tears before sluggishly moving towards Amita and Orla.

“I-we” Amita tried to find the words as she and Orla helped him.

“Let him be” whispered Orla.

Marcin had a very blank and sullen expression, he silently moved forward towards the next ledge rested his hands and simply stared ahead.

“Come on Nat, hold it together” Fred said comfortingly.

“She didn’t deserve that, she was a good person, we-we could’ve done something helped instead of just screaming and shouting out for them to hurry” sobbed Nathaniel.

“There was nothing we could do” muttered James remorsefully.

“It was either her or them both.....she saved Marty in the end” replied Fred softly.

“Christ what are we gonna do now?” gasped James restlessly walking around uneasily.

“W-What?” winced Fred.

“We can’t cross now, this thing could go down any minute” replied James curtly.

“Hell I ain’t going next, no fucking way” Fred responded decisively.

“So what do you suggest? we go down there and push our way through the herd? James asked sarcastically.

“Both options are risky, but I prefer to take two steps back than take a big step forward and die!” growled Fred.

“Okay fine I agree the ropes a bit damaged, but we gotta try goddammit!” yelled James furiously.

“Go ahead be my guest I ain’t going” grumbled Fred.

[James should take the risk and go first]

[Listen to Fred and think of another plan]

Sergio meanwhile scans the area with his binoculars before heading out into the open. After about twenty minutes the trucks were parking up by the playground beside the square. He noticed the henchmen holding Stanislaw, but Svetlana was nowhere to be seen, he took a deep breath put on his white jacket over a blue woven shirt and got ready to meet Hiram.

“Sergio Sergio or should I say Doctor Rocco, man you look good for a guy living at the end of the world! long time no see, you know I missed ya” said Hiram joyfully.

“Spare me the bullshit” replied Sergio stiffly.

“Oh that’s not a nice way to greet an old acquaintance” smirked Hiram.

“What ever game you’re playing Hiram I’m losing my patience, I’m here you wanted me right?! let them go!” growled Sergio.

Hiram smiled, walked up to him and struck him in the face “I waited so long to do that” he muttered.

“You deserved everything that came to you bastard, too bad the military didn’t just fucking kill you would’ve made this world a little less evil than it already is” grumbled Sergio while he spit blood on the ground.

“You see people like you and the military don’t search the undergrounds, because everyone is just too damn scared these days” said Hiram flatly.

“I don’t care about what you say, just let Stan and Svetlana go for christ’s sake!” snarled Sergio.

“Heh you never were much fun” mumbled Hiram while he kicked Sergio in the stomach.

Hiram noticed the gun and grenade in Sergio’s left coat compartment “Why well well, what do we have here, looks like you were gonna punch your own ticket, don’t go all suicidal just because of me, I’m flattered you wanted us to go out together, was that the plan? you set them free and bam everyone wins?” said Hiram benignly.

“What else do you want for fuck’s sake?!” snarled Sergio distortedly.

“O’right boys let the Ruskie nerd go” Hiram called out.

“He’s Polish, and where’s Svet?” grumbled Sergio.

“Doesn’t matter, does it?” smiled Sergio.

“Run Stan, don’t look back” murmured Sergio.

“I’m sorry Sergio I--” said Stan nervously.

“Just go, you ain’t got much time” Sergio interrupted.

“Must’ve felt good sacrificing yourself for someone?” grinned Hiram.

“Now tell me where’s Svetlana?” Sergio clenched his teeth.

“I wanted to postpone this for a little longer, but I just couldn’t help myself” replied Hiram calmly as he retreated back to the truck.

“Here’s your lovely stubborn number sixty-seven” Hiram said cheerfully as he threw Svetlana’s head towards Sergio.

“No.......no.....oh...NO!.....Svet....I’m so.....sorry” cried Sergio in despair.

“Boss there’s something going down back at--” one of the henchmen tried to interrupt holding a radio.

“Not now for fuck’s sake! I’m enjoying this” said Hiram sinisterly as he was standing over Sergio.

“You really didn’t think I’d give her back? it’s good to see you are in pain I waited for this for a long time, but this is only the beginning! now get the fuck up and get in the truck” snarled Hiram in a creepy voice.

“I’m sorry” whispered Sergio as he touched her face.

[Enter the truck]

[Make a run for it]

[Hit Hiram]

• Oh no! Damn it, Una and Svetlana both dead D: Once again, I did not see that coming. I thought Hiram would keep Svetlana for entertainment and I really hoped that Una would survive. Both were cool and I liked them. And I guess Sergio is pretty fucked now.

After what happened to Una, I think Fred has a good point.

[Hit Hiram]

That goddamn fucking monster! I guess there is no character in this whole story who I've ever hated so much, albeit Jarvis would have almost managed to be even worse in the alternate versions of the shootout. Can't wait until that guy is dead!

By the way, I've written you a PM a few days ago :)

“I said let me go dammit!” gasped Marcin while breaking free. “Fuck....fuck” muttered James in anger as he let Marcin loose. Marcin le

• Oh my... I didn't expect Svetlana to be dead. Like at all.

[Hit Hiram]

“I said let me go dammit!” gasped Marcin while breaking free. “Fuck....fuck” muttered James in anger as he let Marcin loose. Marcin le

• [James should take the risk and go first]

[Make a run for it]

• edited May 2015

[James should take the risk and go first]

[Hit Hiram]

• “RRGHAA!” Sergio clenched his teeth and struck Hiram.

Hiram spits out a bit of blood and chuckles “Is that all you got doc?” and headbutts him.

“Boss we gotta go there’s something up back at the hideout and we’re gonna get swamper by walkers soon” a guard interrupted nervously.

“What did I fucking say?! not now, fucking buzzkill, you see walkers shot there heads off for fuck sake!” snarled Hiram.

“We won’t have enough ammo....for that” another henchman points behind Hiram.

Hiram roughly turns around and watches a swarm of walkers spreading in front of the radio headquarters.

“Damn rotters....always appear when you don’t want them.... on the other hand we can continue this back home” said Hiram gladly as he grabbed Sergio.

Meanwhile after Duke used the raft he pushed forward through the sewers shooting every guard he encountered. The tunnels lead to another secret storage room, he noticed a hole in the wall which took him to a fallout shelter. The room was filled with weapons and supplies there was a plan on the wall. The layout resembled a maze of corridors and rooms, maybe this is where Brent was taken Duke thought. With no time to lose he continued through the dimmed lighted halls, he could hear the echo of moaning rotters close by he figured this sick twisted group kept dead people as trophies or weapons. A guard appeared walking by, Duke drew first shooting a couple of rounds, the noise caused more henchman running his way, one of them was guarding the room Brent and Willy were kept in.

“Did you hear that?” gasped Willy.

“Hell yeah! it might be Duke” said Brent cheerfully.

“Who?” winced Willy.

“I’ll tell you later, he can help us, this our chance to sneak out” whispered Brent.

“What if a guard sees us?” Willy asked dubiously.

“Then he’ll throw us back in here, you said that Hiram won’t let anyone hurt us, what’s to stop us? we have to get outta here” replied Brent apace.

“Okay I guess” murmured Willy.

“Follow my lead” whispered Brent as he unlocked the door and slips out.

“Wait” gasped Willy suddenly glancing to his right.

“What is it?” hissed Brent.

“What if John is still alive? he was, when I left” replied Willy remorsefully.

“You said he was badly hurt” whispered Brent.

“Yeah I know, it’s just.....I just think I have to make sure” said Willy uneasily.

“Damn I--” gasped Brent.

“Fucking kids!” one of the guards noticed them and drew his gun.

“Willy look out!” yells Brent as he rushes to him.

Brent manages to push Willy away while the guard fired his gun. After a second Duke appears and kills the henchman.

Willy glanced at Brent and noticed he got shot.

“Oh shit shit” stuttered Brent as he held his right leg.

Duke rushed to him and examined the wound “Looks like it went through”

“Is that good?” muttered Brent.

“Better than good, here this will stop the bleeding” said Duke as he applied his jacket to the wound.

“Why does it always have to be a leg?” murmured Brent.

“Say what?” winced Duke.

“Never mind, we have to go.....ugh it hurts” Brent clenched his teeth.

“I’ll help you move” gasped Duke as he puts him up.

Willy was still wondering about John, whether it was still possible of him being alive, all the odds were against him, maybe it was best to just leave as soon as possible.

[Persuade Duke and Brent to find John]

[Stay silent and escape]

Short part due to the tie with the other vote. I'm going to give it one more day otherwise the benefit goes to the first voter therefore the decision [Listen to Fred and think of another plan] will be the outcome ;)

• [Persuade Duke and Brent to find John]

In my opinion, if John is still alive Willy kind off owes him to search for him

“RRGHAA!” Sergio clenched his teeth and struck Hiram. Hiram spits out a bit of blood and chuckles “Is that all you got doc?” and headbutt

• [Stay silent and escape]

Sorry John, but we need to save ourselves

Awesome chapter!

“RRGHAA!” Sergio clenched his teeth and struck Hiram. Hiram spits out a bit of blood and chuckles “Is that all you got doc?” and headbutt

• “Do you really want to risk our lives?!” yelled Fred.

“No, no of course not...rgh...I guess you’re right we better start thinking of another plan” replied James reluctantly.

“You guys comin?” called Austin.

“Are you mad kid haven’t you seen what just happened?” Orla responded roughly.
    “I was just asking, I’m sorry for what happened” replied Austin morosely.

“No Aus, the ropes not stable enough, we can’t risk it” James yelled back.

“Isn’t there another way to cross?” asked Amita anxiously.

“Well going down there isn’t an option, maybe Marcin knows another safe route” Mickie interjected.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea to talk to him right now” muttered Amita.

“We don’t have time to wait around” Laura interrupted.

“They need your help Marcin? please think of something?” Mickie persisted.

Marcin stopped gazing and slowly turned around “We better get to the zipline, no time to waste” he said sullenly.

“Wait what about them?” winced Orla.

“Listen this is the only way, I have no fucking idea how they’re gonna make it through that....monstrous herd.....they know the location of the boat, they have to figure out how to get there” replied Marcin sourly.

“This is not what Una would have wanted” Orla remarked.

“Don‘t talk about her as if you knew her better than me! you have no fucking idea what she’d say in this situation!” Marcin shouted.

“Yes I would! she’d say keep the group safe, just like Sergio told you to lead us all to safety” replied Orla roughly.

“They’re both gone! and if you can’t see it I am keeping the group safe, we have to push forward there’s no time to waste!” Marcin yelled.

“He’s right......you all have to keep going......we’ll try to find another way” James called out calmly.

Austin and James exchanged one last glance before they part “Hey Austin.....be safe kid”.

“You too” replied Austin with a hopeful smile.

“Any ideas?” James asked reluctantly.

“I can’t see the herd moving away any time soon” remarked Fred shortly.

“What have we got ourselves into” mumbled Nathaniel hopelessly.

“I can see one option of getting through the herd” said Fred shortly.

“Lets hear it” nodded James.

“It might sound a bit stupid and also very risky, but once when Nat and I were on a supply run we--” replied Fred flatly.

“No, we’re not doing that again!” Nathaniel interrupted abruptly.

“But it seems like the only alternative man” Fred argues.

“What is?!” James urged.

“We cover ourselves in walker guts and get through the herd undetected” replied Fred in a matter of fact tone.

“That actually worked? how did you come up with that?” asked James as he started considering it.

“By accident really, right now it seems like the only option, in my eyes at least” Fred replied calmly.

“But do we really have to? isn’t there another way?” Nathaniel panics.

“Keep it together man, there is no other way unless you want try the rope, we did it once we can do it again, we’re almost there don’t give up now” Fred tried to convince.

“It’s perfect, we’d might even get to the freeway before the others” smirked James.

“Don’t get your hopes up, we can’t run or move around freely when surrounded by lurkers, you have to move quietly, slowly like they do because otherwise we’ll be sitting ducks” said Fred roughly.

“More like moving meat” muttered Nathaniel.

“Okay...okay, all we have to do is lure a walker downstairs and......get ready” winced James.

15 minutes later

“Man this is disgusting” remarked Fred.

“You never forget the smell” winced Nathaniel.

“Keep it together c’mon” whispered James as he unlocked the door to the street.

“Fuck that’s a lot” choked Nathaniel with fear.

“Just stay quiet” hissed Fred to Nathaniel who was behind him while they slowly move amongst the dead.

All three of them had backpacks filled with weapons and supplies. While moving through the herd James held a 9mm pistol, Fred had a hammer in his hand and a gun tucked in his pants, Nathaniel had a beretta pistol in his hand. Suddenly a loud bang was heard in a nearby neighbourhood which caused the walkers to move in one direction. Fred and James dodged any walkers meandering into them, Nathaniel glanced behind towards the source of the noise once he turned his head back a walker bumped into him. For a moment he stared at it to see what the walker was going to do next. The lurker saw right through him and reached out.

BAM

Nathaniel fired his gun and started running.

“NO NAT!” yelled Fred.

“We gotta move, it’s not that infested right ahead!” called James.

“We can’t leave him!” shouted Fred as he fired his weapon and saw Nathaniel corner himself into an alley where the walkers were piling in.

“He’s gone Fred, if we don’t move now we’ll all be dead ya hear me?!” James persisted.

“I can’t leave him” Fred clenched his teeth.

“This’s suicide” muttered James.

[Go and help Nathaniel]

[Leave him behind]

Meanwhile Willy persuaded Duke and Brent to find John. Upon finding the chamber where he was held Duke entered first with his sub-machine gun wielded. John was still laying there barely breathing he gently opened an eye once Willy called out his name a few times.

“Is that you Willy? get outta here....kid” John mumbled sluggishly.

“We’re all getting outta here together” said Willy cheerfully as he tried to help John up.

“I-I can’t go with you......I’ll be just...slowing you all down....my legs busted” muttered John.

“Talking about busted legs” winced Brent feeling the pain from the wound.

“You can do it John, I know you can” persisted Willy hopefully.

“Willy come here.....I know this man means a lot to ya, but he ain’t going anywhere....we have to go, Hiram might be back soon” said Duke compassionately.

“Go before that bastard.....ugh.....fuck” grumbled John.

“But he’ll kill you” choked Willy.

“He already has.......rgh....ugh....listen Willy this man put us through hell, you’re going to experience more of that in a world that we have now, you’re a good kid......don’t ever change that, always look out for your friends and family because.....without them you’’l die inside......” muttered John weakly.

“I’ll miss you” choked Willy as he hugged John.

“And I’ll miss you kid” he smirked.

“Go wait with Brent I wanna ask this man something” mumbled John softly.

“He’s name is Duke” choked Willy.

“Duke.....ugh....can I ask you something?” grumbled John.

“Go ahead” nodded Duke.

Thirty minutes later Hiram arrived back at the underground shelter with his goons and Sergio captive. They were stunned at how they found the place, their whole crew was killed, Willy and Brent were nowhere to be found. Hiram was furious, he ordered the rest of his group to pack and get ready to move out seeking the one’s who robbed and killed their men. After torturing and interrogating Sergio, he had no clue who might have done this, he ruled out Willy and Brent assuming it was impossible for them to kill so many of his members at least not on their own. With Sergio beaten to a pulp and unconscious, Hiram just stood and watched him bleed, a guard entered the chamber and said “Hiram the other prisoner the tall dude, he’s still alive, he said he might know who done this” Hiram turned around with curiosity and went to talk with John.

“Tell me who done this and where’s Willy?” Hiram clenched his teeth.

“Look how stupid you look now, you thought Willy would become evil just like you, well you picked the wrong child you motherfucker” coughed John.

“Don’t make this harder......I’m this close--” said Hiram angrily as he stood over him.

“If ya want to know something interesting you gotta come closer” said John very weakly.

Hiram reluctantly crouched.

“Give me your hand” muttered John.

Hiram winced and slowly opened his hand.

“Check-mate asshole” John smiled as he handed Hiram an already unpinned grenade.

• “Check-mate asshole” John smiled as he handed Hiram an already unpinned grenade.

Alt text

Hell Yes! That was by far the most awesome death scene this story had so far. What a way to go for John and what a well-deserved death for that fucking monster Hiram! While John was an extremely cool guy, I don't even feel sad about his death, seeing how awesome it was. After all, he took Hiram down with him.

[Go and help Nathaniel]

I know, that's extremely dangerous but I really don't want to leave anyone behind.

“Do you really want to risk our lives?!” yelled Fred. “No, no of course not...rgh...I guess you’re right we better start thinking of anot

• Dammmmmmmmmmmm!

[Go and help Nathaniel]

“Do you really want to risk our lives?!” yelled Fred. “No, no of course not...rgh...I guess you’re right we better start thinking of anot

• Holy molly. Bye Hiram.

[Go and help Nathaniel]

• [Go and help Nathaniel]

• [Leave him behind]

• To quote @Pipas from half a year ago:

So yeah, keep up the good work and I hope we'll also celebrate One year anniversary of this great fanfic. :)

So... Happy Birthday :D

Basically, what I said half a year ago still applies. There are a lot of great stories on this forum that manage to give me emotions, make me care about the characters and are thrilling to read. Among them, this story sticks out by far. Not only is it one of the longest stories on this forum, it's also the oldest that is still active. For a while, this was even one of the few stories that kept me addicted to this forum. Other stories came and went and while I love these new stories no less, this story will always be my special favourite. And there's plenty of good reason for that: Each of the characters have a deep and believable personality, some of them grew considerably over the course of the past year. I am fond of all these characters in a way that can be compared to how I care for characters in a good TV-show. While I have my clear favourites, you manage to make me care for even the newest of side characters. The narrative is thrilling, engaging and breathtaking. Even after all the stuff that already happened, there's still plenty of exciting stuff happening in every new part. And some of these moments, like the shootout in Jarvis' community or the deaths of Joe and Katherine (I'm still not entirely over it) are among the most thrilling things I've ever read in this forum.

Thanks a lot for writing this wonderful story over the past year, @Domingez. I'm excited for the things to come and hopefully I can congratulate you again next year :D

• Thanks Ted :D Your words always motivate me into doing better, can't believe it's been a year since I first started writing this story.....time flies fast. Anyway I just want to also thank you and everyone else for keeping this story alive :)

The next part should be up later today and after that only two more instalments left to conclude the extended chapter 3.

To quote @Pipas from half a year ago: So yeah, keep up the good work and I hope we'll also celebrate One year anniversary of this grea

• Willy looked back one last time into the distance hoping that John managed to fulfill his wish of getting back at Hiram.

“C’mon Willy we gotta get going” Duke interrupted who was walking in front with Brent holding onto him.

“You think he got him?” Willy sighed.

“Yeah....I think he did....I think we’re finally safe now” replied Duke with a short smile.

“I guess” murmured Willy bleakly.

“I need you to focus Will, if you see a walker or anything else you kill it, you got that?” gasped Duke.

“Don’t call me Will, it’s Willy” he winced.

“Okay, sorry” replied Duke calmly with slight confusion in his tone.

“He called me Will, I’m glad he’s dead” said Willy flatly and emotionlessly.

Duke glanced behind with slight shock in his eyes as Willy walks past him with the pistol Duke gave him in his hand. Duke stayed silent and pondered on how much Willy has been through and hoped that after all that’s happened he wouldn’t change into what Hiram wanted him to become.

Meanwhile Fred and James fought off walkers in the street. Fred gazed at the alley where now he had no sight of Nathaniel, he called out his name and without hesitation he moved forward there was a door beside the alley.

“Fred no!” yelled James as he moved away.

Fred busted the doors and rushed in as the walkers were gaining in on him. There was a small window looking out into the alley, he saw Nathaniel fighting off a walker who grabbed him. Nathaniel killed it and ran ahead, he noticed more walkers from the opposite direction advancing, he looked back and forth hectically as lurkers were getting close there was no place to escape. Nathaniel closed his eyes and pointed the gun to his temple, as he was about to pull the trigger a ladder slid down with Fred calling out to him from above.

“F-fuck that was close” Nathaniel gasped gladly and breathing heavily.

“Yeah...yeah..uh.....I told you to stay close man” sighed Fred.

“I got distracted” gasped Nathaniel.

“Now we have to find another way” Fred breathes heavily.

“Can we just rest a bit, jeez I thought I was dead already” muttered Nathaniel.

“Get up there’s no time to waste” Fred persisted.

“Where’s James?” gasped Nathaniel.

“I dunno, I guess he went ahead without us” replied Fred shortly.

“Man I would kill for some.....weed right now” Nathaniel smirked.

“Seriously?” winced Fred.

“I almost died, so yeah I’m dead serious” replied Nathaniel cheerfully.

“This isn’t a game, I came back to save you because you’re my friend and you’re talking about pot right now, come up with a fucking solution!” snarled Fred as he walks around the roof looking for a safe way down.

“I didn’t ask you to save me asshole!” shouted Nathaniel.

“Oh wait a minute, so you wanted to die? is that what you’re saying?” Fred asked sarcastically with a confused expression.

“Yeah.....no.....neither....fuck what I’m just trying say is......it’s okay.....I accept everything that’s coming to me man, if I die fine if I don’t then that’s okay too, now it seems like you don’t have a plan to get off this fucked up building, so from the way I see it we’re fucking dead anyway” replied Nathaniel bleakly.

“Sitting there feeling sorry for yourself will certainly kill you!” replied Fred angrily.

“Where did I hear that before?” Nathaniel remarked sarcastically.

“Shit you’re dumber than I thought” muttered Fred under his nose.

Fred rested his hands on his hips and looked calmly around more walkers have gathered under them. He figured they had two choices: wait until the herd passes through which may take a while or try to pull the ladder out of its hinges and use it to cross to the building beside and search for a solution from there.

[Wait it out]

[Act now and use the ladder as a plank to cross]

“So what now?” where’s the boat?” Mickie asked as she and the rest tried to catch a breathe.

“I told everyone earlier we need transportation to get to the boat....eh..this car should still be working and have gas, we’re gonna need to find one more so make yourselves useful and check the others, or maybe we could all just squeeze into this one eh whatever” replied Marcin flatly as he sat in the drivers seat.

“C’mon lets give him some space” remarked Orla as she glanced at Amita and Mickie who both had an anxious expression on their face.

“I’m just gonna rest in the back seat my leg’s crapping out..rgh” grunted Austin.

Marcin laid his head back and sighed profoundly Laura shyly approached him.

“I know what you’re going through.....I’m so sorry for Una she was a good woman” she said softly.

“Yeah...she was” Marcin sighed slightly choking.

“My husband......he uh....he was killed in Iraq when I was pregnant with the boys.....now it seems like a long time ago, but every time I talk or remind myself about him it sometimes seems like it happened yesterday......at the time I was really struggling my mother had to help me take care of the boys in the early months.....even to a year.....the thought that terrified me the most is the future of how am I going to cope with the kids by myself” said Laura compassionately.

“She was.....everything to me....I wanted her to have.....a better life.....I can’t believe I won’t see her again” he choked.

“You will....you will, you just need to have faith.......Jesus once said "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies and whoever lives and believes in me will never die." It’s only a question to believe Marty” she replied mildly.

“It’s hard to believe anything right now, everything has just gone to shit” said Marcin roughly.

“It’s never too late, if you ever want to talk to someone, you can talk to me you know that,.... we need you Marty we always had, you and Sergio kept us all safe....and I want you to know I owe my life for what you did” Laura replied softly and shyly.

“AAAAAAAGH..HELP!” yelled Amita horrifically as she was standing close to the drivers window being grabbed by the arm by a walker.

“PULL IT OUT!” called Orla as she ran towards her.

She smashes the walkers arm off and plunges her knife into the lurkers face.

“Oh god.....oh god” sighed Amita with relief.

“Never trust a walker to drive” smirked Orla.

“That’s not funny” muttered Amita trying to catch her breath.

“I know...I know...I’ll drag it out, have your eyes open” Orla ordered.

“Everything alright back there?” Marcin called out.

“Yeah all cool” Mickie yelled back.

“Maybe we should just all get into one car, I know it’s gonna be a little cramped, but it’s not a long drive you said” Austin suggested.

“It’s doable” muttered Marcin.

“I mean, it’ll be quicker.....who knows how long it’ll take to find another car.....there’s not many of us so we can all squeeze in” murmured Austin.

[Keep searching for another car]

[Head for the boat]

• edited June 2015

Oh Willy, looks like he took his time at Hiram's place pretty badly...

[Act now and use the ladder as a plank to cross]

I'm worried that they might get left behind if they don't move now and the rest of the group manages to find a boat

[Head for the boat]

Like Austin said, they can squeeze in and searching for another car might take a long time

Willy looked back one last time into the distance hoping that John managed to fulfill his wish of getting back at Hiram. “C’mon Willy we

• Yay, happy anniversary! I could write here how is this fanfic special and fantastic, but then I'd just repeat myself from my 6-months anniversary post. Soo, let's just hope we'll celebrate another anniversary next year! :D

Thanks Ted Your words always motivate me into doing better, can't believe it's been a year since I first started writing this story.....tim

• [Act now and use the ladder as a plank to cross]

[Head for the boat]

Willy looked back one last time into the distance hoping that John managed to fulfill his wish of getting back at Hiram. “C’mon Willy we

• [Wait it out]

• Looks like we got another tie I'll keep the voting open for one more day. Otherwise I'll have to go with the "first-voter" rule therefore the outcome will be to [head for the boat] ;)

Hi, I'm new to the story but I have caught up to it over the last week and now I'm ready to vote. I have also submitted a character :)

• Cool character and thanks for joining ;)

janitor posted: »

[Act now and use the ladder as a plank to cross] [Keep searching for another car] Hi, I'm new to the story but I have caught up to it over the last week and now I'm ready to vote. I have also submitted a character

• “Help me with this ladder will ya?” Fred grunted as he pulled.

“Whattcha have in mind man?” replied Nathaniel flatly.

“We’ll use the ladder to cross over to that building” Fred pointed out.

“Ain’t it better to just wait it out?” muttered Nathaniel.

Fred stopped for a moment and took a rough glance at Nathaniel “No, we don’t have time to fuck around on this damn roof now help me out” he ordered.

Nathaniel picked up his pistol and started hitting the hinges with the grip. After a short while they got the ladder out and Fred carefully placed it.

“What’s with us crossing from building to building today?” mumbled Nathaniel ironically.

“Yeah you got a point there, sometimes you don’t know what fate throws at ya......lets hope that there’s not many walkers in that direction” Fred replied as he looked over the ledge into the alley.

“Looks like the walkers are heading this way because of the gunshots” Nathaniel said thoughtfully.

“No doubt about that, we gotta move, I’ll go first” Fred replied shortly.

“Shit lets just get this over with” Nathaniel gasped nervously.

“Just keep it together man will get through this” muttered Fred as he slowly crawled.

“Okay easy does it” Nathaniel mumbled to himself as he stepped up next.

He glanced down for a second into the abyss of moaning walkers, he couldn’t stop thinking that it could’ve been him down there playing his part as food.

“Move Nat, don’t look down” Fred urged.

“Y-yeah” stuttered Nathaniel.

As he was getting closer to Fred, the ladder started to slowly fold. Fred noticed it and grabbed Nathaniel swiftly. The ladder fell down and Nathaniel looked down breathing heavily.

“That’s twice I saved your ass” smirked Fred.

“Yeah but what now?” Nathaniel turned to him.

“I dunno” as Fred tried to figure out their next move.

“It’s not that bad on this side, we could go back down and make a run for it?” said Nathaniel nervously and thoughtfully as he looked at the emergency stairwell.

“Or we could jump” replied Fred blankly.

“Wha-what?” gasped Nathaniel in fear.

“It’s not that far....I reckon if we manage to get across we’ll be home free from there” Fred pondered.

“Nah I’ll rather stick with my plan” winced Nathaniel.

“Hey it seems luck is on your side today and besides a ten year old would manage to jump that far” Fred said shortly.

“You’re fucking nuts you know that? I ain’t gonna jump so fuck off” snarled Nathaniel.

“You’ll do what I say you’ll do.....I told you to focus back there, but no..you had to get distracted and now we’re in this mess!” Fred responded fiercely.

“No one asked you to go back for me man, you should’ve listened to James if you’re so damn clever.....I’m sorry alright” said Nathaniel remorsefully.

“Yeah.......yeah I’m sorry too man......how much ammo do you got left?” Fred said flatly.

“I still got that automatic pistol may come in handy when we’ll get clustered by lurkers” Nathaniel replied calmly.

“Good.....both options are long shots, but it looks like we don’t have any other choice at this moment” Fred remarked bleakly.

[Jump]

[Climb down and make a run for it]

“It’s still might be safer to have two cars, after all Nathaniel,Fred and James are out there, not to mention where in hell they took Sergio, Svetlana and Stan.....if they’re even alive.... maybe we’ll have to go look for them at some point” ponders Marcin.

“We should focus on the boat first” Laura suggested softly.

“Maybe they will be all waiting for us.....by the boat” said Austin optimistically.

“No offence kid, but what you’re saying is stupid and near to impossible” Marcin responded harshly.

“Anything could happen we can’t lose faith” Laura said calmly.

“Please spare me Laura, I don’t want to hear more about anything religious or having beliefs, faiths of any kind, I just want to sit in peace and quiet!” Marcin replied stiffly.

“What’s taking so long?!” he yelled.

“Keep your voice down, we’re working on it” Orla called back.

“Three dead one’s twelve o’clock” remarked Mickie.

“Don’t just stand there girl go kill’em” muttered Orla as she tried to start up a car.

Mickie first wielded her pistol, but thought twice before pulling the trigger due to the noise it may generate, she instead pulled out a knife and lured them one by one making the kill easier.

“You’re getting better at that” smiled Orla.

“Well I learn from the best” Mickie grinned back at her and wiped the blood of the knife.

“Where’s Amita?” Orla flinched while searching the glove box.

“I dunno, she was with me a few minutes ago” Mickie replied thoughtfully.

“Look for her we can’t afford to get lost now” mumbled Orla.

“There she is” Mickie gasped stressing her vision.

She walked up to her and heard growls coming out from the vehicle Amita’s staring at.

“Two children still wearing their seat belts” choked Amita.

“They must’ve died.....in car accident....or something.....god” sighed Mickie.

“Or someone left them....just like that” Amita sighed as a tear shed her cheek.

“You can’t keep blaming yourself for what happened back then.....we went over this Amita....no point on dwelling on it again......hell I had my share of mistakes.....but you already know that.......we all have our weaknesses especially in a time like this....and we learn from them and push ourselves into doing better and not commit the same mistakes twice” said Mickie compassionately.

Amita without reply wiped her tears and reached for her blade and puts the two children to rest.

“I got this Mickie” muttered Amita flatly.

“Good...okay, call me if you need me” Mickie replied unsurely.

“Hell yeah, woahoo! lets hit the road!” Orla called out as she managed to start up the station wagon.

“Thank God” Laura remarked gladly as she got in with Rory and Ryan into the back of Marcin’s car.

Austin sat in front with Marcin as they head out leading the way to boat.

“Sorry for...that back there” said Marcin blankly.

“For what?” winced Austin.

“For the way I replied to you, it was too harsh” replied Marcin apologetically.

“It’s nothing.....I get it....how you’re feeling right now, I try to be optimistic as often as possible, but......deep down I was thinking the same thing as you were” Austin responded calmly as he looked through his side windshield.

“We have to think positive sometimes even when it’s very hard” said Marcin toughly and thoughtfully.

“It gets harder.....everyday, I saw my whole family die......I had to kill them.....and the thought that always gets me is.... that I’m left alone” sighed Austin ambiguously.

“I’m sorry” said Marcin disconcerted.

“Maybe I am alive for a reason, I try to tell myself that, but till now I was pretty much useless” said Austin blankly.

“Never think that” replied Marcin firmly.

“What you did for these people....for all of us, made Una proud and that’s something worthy” sighed Austin.

“I didn’t do it all myself....you made it this far because you’re a fighter, that’s who you have to be from now on and look out for the people you care about” replied Marcin toughly.

• [Climb down and make a run for it]

“Help me with this ladder will ya?” Fred grunted as he pulled. “Whattcha have in mind man?” replied Nathaniel flatly. “We’ll use the l

“Help me with this ladder will ya?” Fred grunted as he pulled. “Whattcha have in mind man?” replied Nathaniel flatly. “We’ll use the l

• edited June 2015

“If you wanna decide to go back down there......then fine.....we’ll do it your way.....but there’s no going back after that” sighed Fred.

“Here!” smirked Nathaniel as he tossed an automatic pistol.

“If things get hairy down there.....you keep moving man....don’t go back for me this time” Nathaniel continued calmly.

“Huh....don’t worry I won’t make that mistake twice pal” they both laughed.

“You are a good buddy” smiled Nathaniel.

“You’re not too bad yourself......enough of this crap, lets get this over with” smirked Fred as the two headed down.

“I can’t believe we’re finally leaving this place” Orla remarked roughly.

“After all those months living underground” sighed Mickie.

“The danger will never end though” Amita responded blankly.

“Unless you find a cure or a way to put the dead to stay dead then yeah we’re stuck with these sticking rotters forever” said Orla confidently.

“Do you think this island they’re talking about.....do you think it’s gonna be safer? it’s gonna be a long journey that’s for sure” Mickie asked thoughtfully.

“Yeah.....yeah I think it will be......think about it, on this small island there’s probably less walkers..less bad people ..it’s close to land so we could return for supplies if we run out, this place could be something really long-term....our new home....a new beginning” said Orla stoically and with optimism in her voice.

“Without a boat as transport it’s probably useless, we’ll have to learn living on fish and vegetables if there’s no animals of course, I mean I have no idea how to fish or hunt or plant seeds.....what if there’s already a settlement on this so called island Orla? and also not too mention the climate the winters must be brutally fucking cold up there” Mickie pondered.

“Winter huh, haven’t thought about that..... about the settlement, lets say if they’re good people they’ll most likely let us join, once we prove ourselves of course....but if they’re bad people....then we’ll just have to take it over” Orla replied firmly.

Amita and Mickie glanced at each other in slight shock at Orla’s words.

“You’re right about that Marty, family is everything” said Austin shortly.

“Yeah....family.....heads up were almost there” sighed Marcin as he took the nearest exit off highway 41 and later drove closer to the beach.

“We’re lucky no one took it” winced Austin as he gazed at this traditionally white deck boat.

“It’s beautiful, I never thought it was such spacious” Laura remarked.

“That was always a gamble, she’s good to take up to 10 maybe 15 people depending on weight and stuff, but I’m no expert I just know a little about engines” Marcin replied flatly as he attached the boat to the car.

“So now that we finally got here, what do we do now?” Amita asked softly.

“We wait for the rest” replied Marcin promptly.

“How long it’s gonna get dark soon?” Orla flinched.

“As long as it takes” Marcin replied roughly.

“And how long is that?” Orla persisted.

“I-I don’t know alright” sighed Marcin.

“We got about two hours of daylight left, once it gets dark we have to move out” said Orla firmly.

“Why don’t we just relax a bit and catch a breath” Laura urged.

“Fine, I’ll take watch, walkers can crawl up on us at any moment” muttered Orla.

“I think the boat’s awesome, did you give it a name?” Ryan said cheerfully.

“Er-no I haven’t considered giving it a name....it’s just a boat” replied Marcin flatly.

“Oh come on it needs a name!” Ryan gasped zestfully.

“Ryan not now, give Marty a break” Laura smiled and held her son close.

“Maybe we should call it Una?” Rory responded with a warm smile.

“Hmm-humph.....that’s nice Rory....thanks” Marcin gave him a short but comforting smile.

“Sorry about that” Laura said softly.

“It’s okay, they’re good kids, they always mean well” Marcin smiled.

“What’s on your mind?” Laura asked worriedly.

“I’m just....thinking about the rest.....hoping that at least some of them make it” sighed Marcin.

“We’ll have to wait and see, try to get some rest” Laura replied comfortingly.

About thirty minutes later Orla notices a man in the distance she looks through her binoculars and recognizes James who’s all covered in blood moving among the walkers.

“The hell?” she muttered in shock.

She waited for him to get closer, but held her finger on the trigger of her bolt action rifle.

“Are you bit? where’s Fred and Nathaniel” she called out.

“No, I’m fine...we got separated.....walker blood draws them away apparently, sort of camouflage” gasped James as he took off his blood soaked jacket.

“Right, sounds smart the rest are down there, and hey good that you made it” muttered Orla.

James went down to the rest, Austin got to his feet and unexpectedly hugged him.

“Must’ve missed me kid” snorted James.

“Yeah I’m glad you’re alright, I can’t believe you made it” nodded Austin.

“Well I did and I’ve missed you too” James was pleased.

“Where’s Fred and Nathaniel?” Marcin interrupted.

“I’m....I‘m sorry Marty.....a herd came through and we got separated” James replied remorsefully.

“But did you see them die?” Marcin asked with his teeth clenching.

“No....no I didn’t” James replied shortly.

“Good....good” sighed Marcin.

“Hey I think I see Duke....and one of the kid’s injured! Mickie cover me” Orla called out.

James rushed after Orla to help them.

“What happened?” gasped Orla.

“Brent got shot in the leg, we need to patch it up quickly before it gets infected” Duke replied.

The group settled back on the beach. James disinfected Brent’s wound and bandaged it.

“Boy thanks James” muttered Brent.

“Don’t mention it how are you feeling?” he asked.

“A bit dizzy, like someone rattled my head too much” Brent smirked.

“At least you got your sense of humour, get some rest and it’ll pass” grinned James.

“What’s wrong with Willy, he hasn’t spoken a word since you all got here? and when I try to talk to him, he just shrugs me off” James asked with concern.

“These boys went through hell, you can’t imagine what’s going on in his head” Duke replied thoughtfully and bleakly.

“Did they torture them?” James asked firmly.

“Emotionally and physically, this Hiram or whatever his name was, that son of a bitch made Willy choose between saving Brent or John, wish I’d arrive earlier and kill his ass myself.....it doesn’t matter now the bastard is dead so is most of his crew” said Duke angrily.

“John was there?” gasped James.

“John was captured with some other guy, I have no idea what happened to him, I’m guessing you knew him too?” remarked Duke.

“It was probably Weston.......they were good men......Willy was close with John” sighed James.

Duke pondered about the moment Hiram and his men surrounded them, the moment he left both John and Weston behind for a certain death.

“Thank you for bringing them back safely” James interrupted his chain of thoughts.

“Yeah...don’t mention it....I’ll talk to you later” said Duke in a disconcerted voice.

“You made it back old man! I never thought I’d hug you again” said Orla playfully.

“Always good to be missed” smirked Duke.

“Pretty badass saving those kids” remarked Mickie.

“It was something I had to do” snorted Duke.

“And that’s very noble” said Amita with a smile and hugs him.

Duke’s face was morose the whole time, the girls praised him for what he did, yet he couldn’t forget about John and Weston.

Willy was sitting on the sand with his legs bent staring silently at the water. James sat next to him “I heard about John.....you can talk to me, Willy”.

“But I don’t want to talk” he replied blankly.

“Okay....okay pal” said James softly as they both sat in silence.

One hour later the sun had barely gone down the sky was quite cloudy. The group rested and waited for the remaining survivors. Marcin was on watch, he scanned the area through his binoculars still hoping that at least Fred and Nathaniel manage to arrive in time.

“Any sign?” Laura walked up to him.

“Nothing, nothing but walkers in the distance” murmured Marcin disappointedly.

“Nights are getting colder” she said casually.

“Looks like autumn’s coming earlier than expected” Marcin remarked.

“Winter....that’s going to be a tough thing to handle” pondered Laura.

“It’s gonna be icy cold here in Chicago that’s for sure” mumbled Marcin.

“It’s getting dark Marty, I-I don’t want to rush anything, but we have to get going” said Laura reluctantly.

“I know it’s getting dark, I don’t need reminding” he replied sourly.

“Maybe you don’t want to leave this place” she said doubtfully.

“What do you mean?” he winced.

“You’ve been in this city for a long time, even before the outbreak--” she suggested.

“If you’re thinking this city has some sentimental value for me, then you’re wrong” he replied roughly.

“You wanted to make your life with Una in this city, you loved this place” she said softly.

“What I loved was my family and Una, and all that was taken away from me!” he replied rigidly.

“You’re really waiting for Stan to appear?” she said directly.

“He was....is Una’s brother of course I’d want him to survive and come with us! you want to know what’s funny? Stan is the most punctual man I know, yet I’m starting to think he’ll be the last guy to make it here huh” he snarled at her and laughed tragically.

“S-sometimes we have to let things go.....l-leave the past behind and...start anew” she stuttered and choked.

“Maybe it’s easy for you, but not for me” he choked bleakly.

Laura stood for a few seconds in silence, she wiped off a tear and went back to the rest. Marcin glanced back for a moment and later continued to scan, after a few minutes two figures appeared running in the distance “Holy shit” he remarked in shock.

Fred and Nathaniel ran to the boat with their last breath. Marcin started up the car and drove it into the water while the group gathered their things and boarded the boat.

“I’m not going” said Marcin suddenly.

“What of course you are man!” said James loudly.

“You were right Laura....family is everything to me.....and Stan is the only close family I have left, I have to go look for him” he said decisively.

“What if he’s already dead? you’ve worked on this boat for so long, the whole plan, now you want to give up?” Orla intervened.

“I’m not giving up that’s the point, there’s always another plan.....my mind’s made up” he said firmly.

“Are you sure?” James remarked.

“Yes, now go, I hate goodbyes and we’ve wasted enough time already, be safe and look out for each other” Marcin urged.

“Marty wait, I want you to take this” Laura stopped him and hands a bible.

“Hmm...thanks Laura” he smirked.

“No, thank you” she hugged him and kissed on the cheek.

Everyone on the boat yelled and waved farewell to Marcin.

“Take care” waved Austin.

“You too Austin” smiled Marcin as they set sail.

“Take care of Una for me Rory” Marcin called out.

“I will!” Rory yelled happily.

Marcin watched them for a long moment before turning back “Man I hate goodbyes” he muttered to himself. He left the beach standing now in an empty street, he glances around and checks his pistol for ammo, no walkers were close by as he walked ahead.

Sergio regained consciousness and coughed a few times due to the dust from the debris around. The only light came from the hallway, because of the door being crushed. He could barely see on one eye due of the swelling. Strange noises and screams were heard like someone was being devoured. He tried to crawl out and look around, suddenly two men almost naked run past him, a few seconds later a series of rounds were fired. Sergio panicked and began breathing heavily, he crawled out and gradually lifted himself up. As he slowly moved in the labyrinth of hallways another cannibal appeared in front of him. The man had dark red eyes, he gazed and smelled Sergio. Sergio gasped and pleaded “I’m not one of them, they did this to me!”. The cannibal looked at him almost convinced, unexpectedly one of Hiram’s henchman appeared with an assault rifle. The cannibal swiftly charged at him only to get riddled seconds later. Once the henchman started reloading, Sergio rushed towards him with a punch knocking him to the ground. Sergio grabbed the rifle and hits him once more unconscious with the gun stock. He made his way to the storage room that was once filled with all sorts of supplies, but everything was either destroyed or taken now. After a long while he found the way out into the tunnel, he then moved towards the streets. Once the sky was visible above him, he sighed with both relief and despair. He laid on the pavement and wanted to cry desperately, but the vast pain of his eye prevented it. A few minutes later all of a sudden he heard something or someone moving around. His vision was still blurry, but he abruptly got up to his feet and pointed his rifle.

“WHO’S OUT THERE?! SHOW YOURSELF! OR I’LL SHOT!” he shouted frantically.

He was astound and shocked at the sight of the person that revealed himself.

2 months later

North Manitou Island

On a cloudy day James,Duke, Austin, Willy and Brent finally arrive at the shores of the island. They were surrounded by very tall trees, rain started to drizzle once James got off the boat.

“I’ll go have a look around, see if it’s safe” muttered James who’s now wearing a warm jacket and sporting a beard.

“Roger that” nodded Duke.

“I’m coming too” said Willy promptly.

“It’s better you stay in the boat with Duke and Austin” James suggested.

“You’re not going to tell me what to do” mumbled Willy as he walked ahead with his pistol wielded.

“Eh..damn” sighed James as he went along.

“Hey James look, can you see that” Duke went up to him and pointed in the distance through the trees.

“It looks like a watch tower” replied James anxiously.

From the lookout tower a caucasian man in his thirties has already detected them as he looked through the scope of his sniper rifle. He turned around and called out to someone below him “We’ve got visitors”.

End of Chapter 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJtZB_drVqM

• edited June 2015

That was an awesome chapter! Definitely my favourite of the Chicago storyline. John, Willy and Brent were especially great this time and the way John dealt with Hiram was so damn satisfying. It was an awesome way to finish that storyline and it makes me excited for how the other storylines might end. The Sergio cliffhanger got me thinking whom he just met. Stan perhaps? I did not expect a time skip though, but it made me very excited for their return in what I guess will be Season 2 Episode 1. By the way, I got one question: Since the last paragraph only mentioned that James, Duke, Austin, Willie and Brent arrived at the island, what happened to Amita, Mickie, Orla, Laura and her kids? Weren't they on the boat too or have I missed something here?

Anyway, now I'm extremely excited and worried for the next chapter. Excited because it'll probably feature my favourite group again after a long time and because that means more Brad, more Katie, more Rachel, more Blake, more Zack and more of all the other characters from this group, who grew on me over the past months. Worried because I am pretty sure not all of them will survive this chapter, I'm afraid not even all of my favourites. In many other stories I'd be especially worried about the determinants (Liam, Katie, Winston, Nicky and Blake if I recall all of them correctly), but this story proved more than once that I can't predict it. In fact, Hiram's death in this chapter was one of the few times I was correct with my predictions, albeit I never thought he would go down like that. While I mostly hope that Brad and Katie survive (and perhaps Rachel, she's so awesome), there are so many characters in that group who have been in the story for about a year now and who really grew on me, so I guess that's going to be one the most intense chapters so far for me, likely even the most intense chapter ever. Can't wait for it, even though I'm not ready :D

“If you wanna decide to go back down there......then fine.....we’ll do it your way.....but there’s no going back after that” sighed Fred.

• You haven't missed a thing Ted ;) Everything will be revealed in season 2.

That was an awesome chapter! Definitely my favourite of the Chicago storyline. John, Willy and Brent were especially great this time and the

Sign in to comment in this discussion.