Comments

• edited November 2014

IT'S COMING!

Alt text

soon...

• One of six, interesting.

LineLiar posted: »

IT'S COMING! soon...

• Yeeey finally! (But we all know that telltale has a different meaning to soon) I keep telling myself to be patient. :D

LineLiar posted: »

IT'S COMING! soon...

• There are graphic novels based on ASOIAF?

OzzyUK posted: »

"the other like a living oil painting" That sounds interesting as to what the graphics might look like, i wonder if they took any inspiration from the graphic novels as that has a similar oil painting look.

• YOUR STORY BEGINS

Alt text

• I think it might mean that all five protagonists have their own episode and the last one will be the tie that leads to an ending. That would be cool.

dojo32161 posted: »

One of six, interesting.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It looks like it, i have never read them but i have seen some of the pics online and Job talking about the oil painting style graphics reminded me of them.

There are graphic novels based on ASOIAF?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

That does sound interesting, like @InKennyWeTrust all the stories might tie in at the end.

dojo32161 posted: »

One of six, interesting.

• SIX EPISODES, OMG

• This wouldn't be the first series to do six episodes (Sam and Max: Season 1/Save The World) also had six episodes. However, this would be the first Telltale series to have six episodes that tell a major story across a single season instead of six self contained stories.

I'm also impressed with the artstyle of the game. Hopefully we get some more screens soon!

• It could go either way. Even before Tales from the Borderlands was announced, Telltale has dabbled with other games where you play as multiple characters (Wallace and Gromit and Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse). If it is anything like those games, you will probably switch between characters at predetermined points in the story.

I think it might mean that all five protagonists have their own episode and the last one will be the tie that leads to an ending. That would be cool.

• 6 episodes! Bring it!

• (But we all know that telltale has a different meaning to soon)

Well, we can say at least it is around a month and a half or so. :)

Telltale has confirmed both games are still on track to launch before year end - both on Twitter and on the fourms. We're already approaching mid-November, and Telltale very likely won't launch the game in the middle of the Holidays. Of course, let's also not forget that Telltale works on their games pretty close to launch - which again, likely won't happen during the Holidays.

SoMuchSass posted: »

Yeeey finally! (But we all know that telltale has a different meaning to soon) I keep telling myself to be patient.

• If you look at the image they released it does have an oil painting type style to it. This will be interesting to see a brand new art style for TT

Another Tweet from Job about playing Tales/GoT. That comment about the "Oil Painting" artstyle for Game of Thrones has me intrigued. I wonde

• I don't like the show but I'll buy this. Telltale makes the best games. :)

• I wonder why Telltale seems to be switching out between series right now :P we keep getting more GoT news when we expect TFTBL news, and TFTBL news after we get more GoT news. Maybe we'll get both series to premiere on the same day? That would be awesome :P

• I doubt both series would premiere on the same day, but I can easily see them premiering around the same time.

Telltale has been experimenting with consecutive series launches before, as was the case with Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead: Season 2.

Green613 posted: »

I wonder why Telltale seems to be switching out between series right now :P we keep getting more GoT news when we expect TFTBL news, and TFT

• No way, we will not be THAT lucky. :P If we get them both on 2014, it is a win for me. :P

Green613 posted: »

I wonder why Telltale seems to be switching out between series right now :P we keep getting more GoT news when we expect TFTBL news, and TFT

• Sees the update Excuse me...I am about to go outside and scream in excitement... Goes outside

• My gosh :D I can't wait, I'm really excited about this game. But thanks, I'll try to cool myself until then :)

(But we all know that telltale has a different meaning to soon) Well, we can say at least it is around a month and a half or so.

• I think the premiere will release this month... So it was that happened to TWD S2, they just made the hype when the game is close to release.

• Could be as early as next week :O

• On facebook there's an hi-res version.
    The image looks like it's taken from the trailer, because you can see video compression artifacts.
    And you can see on the candles in the background the oil-shading tecnique they'll apply.

Karnedg2013 posted: »

YOUR STORY BEGINS

• ....six.... SIX?!? HOLY YEAHHHAHAHAH

• I think:

Tales From The Borderlands - 18th November
    Game Of Thrones - 9-16th December

• Noo... this month they are more publishing about GOT. It's pretty impossible, but I think they can release on the same day... this month. =/

Karnedg2013 posted: »

I think: Tales From The Borderlands - 18th November Game Of Thrones - 9-16th December

• Fuck yes! I've been so looking forward to Telltales Game of Thrones. I love the show. Tyrions "I'm guilty of being a dwarf" scene was magnificent.

• edited November 2014

They released the key-art for "The Walking Dead: Season Two" 1.5 months before release. I am sure that "TFTB" will in mid-November, while the "GOT" is in the middle of December =)

VectorXP posted: »

Noo... this month they are more publishing about GOT. It's pretty impossible, but I think they can release on the same day... this month. =/

• So my theory with the 5 protagonists and 6 episodes is in episode 1-5 we play as each different protagonist then in episode 6 the stories all come together somehow.

• I wouldn't want that really. I'd rather have all five playable characters actually be playable throughout all 6 episodes.

So my theory with the 5 protagonists and 6 episodes is in episode 1-5 we play as each different protagonist then in episode 6 the stories all come together somehow.

• 6 EPISODES?! HOLY FUCK SHIT YESSSSSSS

Can't wait. Hopefully we will get a better trailer/some screenshots soon, as well as a release date in early December

• Hype train is leaving the station! Get your tickets folks!

• doesn't scream in excitement out loud because that's socially awkward

FML

Sees the update Excuse me...I am about to go outside and scream in excitement... Goes outside

• Yeah probably not, as you said they probably will be really close together, there is only so many days left till the end of this year :P

I doubt both series would premiere on the same day, but I can easily see them premiering around the same time. Telltale has been experimenting with consecutive series launches before, as was the case with Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead: Season 2.

• edited November 2014

EDIT: Oh, sorry, didn't mean to reply :P

Wut, that was unexpected!

I was betting TftB would have been first to release...maybe it still is.

Let's wait and see. Hopefully we won't be disappointed.

And hopefully TftB also has 6 Episodes.

sprocket23 posted: »

Fuck yes! I've been so looking forward to Telltales Game of Thrones. I love the show. Tyrions "I'm guilty of being a dwarf" scene was magnificent.

• I'm hyped for this but I hope TFTBL comes out first.

• I'm pumped.

• Iron From Ice? I hope i get to play as a Greyjoy. I want to be a goddam Ironborn, and go pillaging and stealing.

The ponly thing i hope for is actual freedom of choice this time. I don't want to have a game where i'm forced to choose a side i don't want in Games of Thrones, where there are gazillions of different sides to choose from

• here comes the hype ! omg 6 episodes and coming soon ! can't wait to try this game !

• I hope that showing the Iron Throne in the key art means that we'll actually be visiting King's Landing as one of the 5 protagonists. I was worried that we were going to be cooped up in the North all season.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.