The adventure begins... at E3!

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Wow! i don't suppose theres a way to get any of those badges in the uk?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Everyone seems to be into the buttons. Hopefully we can do something cool with them. No idea what, and no guarantees, of course!
  • edited June 2009
    The LucasARt store sell a limited number of buttons, i bought some to join all the other swag :) And they ship worldwide, not cheap though, had ot pay like 58$ for 2 tshirts, the poster and buttons.
  • edited June 2009
    The LucasARt store sell a limited number of buttons, i bought some to join all the other swag :) And they ship worldwide, not cheap though, had ot pay like 58$ for 2 tshirts, the poster and buttons.

You can say that again. I was going to order a poster, but the international postage is utterly ridiculous.
  • edited June 2009
    You can say that again. I was going to order a poster, but the international postage is utterly ridiculous.

Well, i had to. I cant have the MI2 and MI3 poster, and miss up on the poster for the first one :). The other stuff was just a bonus :)
  • edited June 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be into the buttons. Hopefully we can do something cool with them. No idea what, and no guarantees, of course!
    So just send them to us or put them into our box :D
  • edited June 2009
    So... i have done my pre-order too!
    Can`t wait until the german Episodes ;-)
  • edited June 2009
    Stopped by your cubicle at E3 but sadly the door was closed and I left buttonless. :'(

You guys are in a pretty sad little corner of the hall too, I saw Majesco down the hall, looking forlorn.
    edited June 2009
    I think that might just be a press meeting room? I think there might be some slightly more ... piratical ... people walking around who can provide you with buttons. Not sure on the details there, though.
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah that's what it looked like (although some other companies were using them for more booth-like purposes, probably illicitly). I received a million flyers for some Sega pilates game, but no one said ahoy on the floor.
  • edited June 2009
    Question: Will the Monkey Island 5 DVD include MI5 .mp3 music? :) Especially the main theme song. ;)
  • edited June 2009
    pre-ordered the moment I got the mail (it's slow sometimes).
    'buttons, buttons, buttons':p
  • edited June 2009
    You should send a/some free button's to people who prepaid.

I assume the DVD we are getting (yet still paying shipping on) only contains all 5 episodes contained on one disc, which of course we will already have in our computers anyway.
  • edited June 2009
    Seepgood wrote: »
    I didn't even read about the extras in the pre-order. I remember seeing the words Monkey Island, Telltale, and Pre-order and the next thing I can remember is breathing heavily looking at the post orderiong screen.

"Exactly" what I did. I don't think I even knew at the moment how much I was being charged , either. When I regained my consciousness, I saw a credit card clenched in my sweaty palm and the order confirmation screen on my monitor, to which I exclaimed through my almost dying breath, "'twas not a dream."
  • edited June 2009
    fire2box wrote: »
    You should send a/some free button's to people who prepaid.

I assume the DVD we are getting (yet still paying shipping on) only contains all 5 episodes contained on one disc, which of course we will already have in our computers anyway.
    No...there'll be bonus stuff! Without a doubt, wait & see and then agree with me
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Stopped by your cubicle at E3 but sadly the door was closed and I left buttonless. :'(

Yeah, as Jake said, our E3 room is really just a meeting room, intended to be more practical than flashy (and thanks for not just barging in... a few people did that today, which was awkward).

There should have been pirates afoot near the doors leading into the West hall Expo floor, handing out buttons. They'll be back tomorrow. Failing that, check back on the hour or half hour and you might be able to catch us with the door open. Or slide a note under the door. That could be fun. :D

We had a long and fruitful day at the show. Met with lots of press -- so many their names are jumbling together in my head. Not sure if any have posted their impressions yet. Got some pictures too, and will post them in a thread in a bit, but first Lindsay and Dave and I need to find some food, before we shrivel up into hungry little husks. Hoping to eat non-Japanese tonight... which might be tricky, since our hotel is smack dab in the middle of "Little Toyko".
  • edited June 2009
    backslash wrote: »
    No...there'll be bonus stuff! Without a doubt, wait & see and then agree with me

I never bought any TellTale game before this so I had no idea they threw added stuff into the DVD. I still want a pin though. :(
  • Ry GuyRy Guy Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    yea! Those buttons ARE awesome! save me some!
  • edited June 2009
    US$29 p&h for a bunch of buttons alone? That's highway robbery! Its because they only have express Fedex, no UPS standard rates. It'd be easier to just make my own buttons, with blackjack, and hookers!
  • LindsayLindsay Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    The lights! The music! The beautiful people! It's Vegas for gamers. Monkey Island is on the way. To celebrate, we brought in some resident pirates to get people excited and pass out our lovely buttons.

pirates.jpg

They've been a huge hit, insult sword fighting and creating overall pirate mayhem. In addition, we have a big sign at the entrance to the West Hall. Even though we love the sign (and we love Gary who created the sign for us) we won't be taking it home so it will be looking for a forever home after E3. Anyone who is either at E3, or in the LA area who wants it...send us something that screams Monkey Island and it's yours! Of course, it's also possible that we will just give it to the first inquiry. You can reach me at lspeth@telltalegames.com.

poster.jpg

I was in the LucasArt booth most of the day, showing off our awesome game to enthusiasts. BTW, security is fierce there, they actually have storm troopers guarding the entrances.

Here is a picture of Kevin checking out the LucasArts remake.

kevin_somi.jpg

In any case, LucasArts is excited, we're excited, fans are excited. It's just good times all around.
  • edited June 2009

I have to admit, I've purchased the poster and will get it shipped to The Netherlands. Shipping is 3 times the cost of the poster itself, but oh well.. Can't let this chance walk past :-)

First time, since a *very* long time, that I've preordered any game. Don't think it could have been anything else than monkey island eventually :)
  • edited June 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    They did, actually. His name is Darrell Rodriguez, and he's a big Monkey Island fan. :)

That's great, I have to think that played a large part in LucasArts suddenly remembering that they used to make adventure games. The previous fellow, Mr. Ward, didn't seem too keen for them, thus the reason I bought all those 2015 calendars and marked every day as the expected release date of MI5. Guess that was a happy waste.

Seriously, it seemed pretty bleak for a long time there. I can't understand companies with old IPs that treat them like they never existed. If you respect and cater to my love for old games, I'll probably buy new ones from you as well.
  • edited June 2009
    Lindsay wrote: »
    The lights! The music! The beautiful people! It's Vegas for gamers. Monkey Island is on the way. To celebrate, we brought in some resident pirates to get people excited and pass out our lovely buttons.

pirates.jpg

That has to be the second best job I have ever heard of!
  • edited June 2009
    poster.jpg

I... want... that... thing...

Okay, I won't yell "high resolution", as I usually do, but you've got to somehow share this thing with the public... this time I'd even settle for (slightly above) web resolution :)
  • edited June 2009
    Sigh, I love telltale =D
    PS, pretty please can we get those buttons?
  • edited June 2009
    I'm not the kind of fan that typically buys merchandise, but I'd pay for one of those signs.
  • edited June 2009
    Am I the only one that think that the LucasArts MI Special Edition´s artwork is AWFUL? Come on, Guybrush's hair is TERRIBLE and the graphics of the game... Seems an amateur game...

I have visited the LucasArts store, trying to buy some t-shirts... But the artwork is UGLY. The items look auwful, no way...
    Please Telltale, make proper t-shirts and buttons and put them in your shop. Oh, and a soundtrack CD... Michael Land is god! :)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Here's a preview that came out of our press meetings yesterday: IGN

And speaking of Darrell Rodriguez, here's an interview you guys may find enlightening: Develop
  • edited June 2009
    The "Ask Me About Tales of Monkey Island" button, like many people before me - has tickled my nostalgic funny bone and rapidly jabbed at my "salivate uncontrollably" on/off switch. You wouldn't be so cruel as to.... NOT let us have some means of accessing said buttons.... Would you? D:
  • edited June 2009
    Will you guys be showing off the game on Gamespot's live stage show? That would be cool. They still have some TBA slots in the schedule, so I'm just thinking it could be you guys.
    edited June 2009
    Lindsay wrote: »
    pirates.jpg

Haha, those guys look awesome. Well-cast. I'm glad we didn't go with the original plans of making us dress up.
  • edited June 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    I'm glad we didn't go with the original plans of making us dress up.

I'm not! ;)
  • GaryGary Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Ask and ye shall receive (this time).

If anyone wants a somewhat decent sized poster, here it is! It's the same one that Lindsay posted earlier - just smaller. Like, way smaller, yo. The original file borders on 1GB. Just print that sucka out and you can have your very own I-went-to-E3-but-not-really poster.

LINK YAY

(FYI, it's a 6MB file)
  • edited June 2009
    Gary wrote: »

If anyone wants a somewhat decent sized poster, here it is! It's the same one that Lindsay posted earlier - just smaller. Like, way smaller, yo. The original file borders on 1GB. Just print that sucka out and you can have your very own I-went-to-E3-but-not-really poster.

LINK YAY

(FYI, it's a 6MB file)

Deeeeecent.

• edited June 2009
    Dear God, get those buttons in the Telltale shop. I need them. All of them.

Oh, and Telltale, those action figures you always wanted to make but never did? Yeah, you should really start doing that. I need LeChuck on my desk.
  • edited June 2009

LINK YAY

(FYI, it's a 6MB file)

Just printed this out and put it on my wall. Oh my, it's not helping my anticipation!
  • edited June 2009
    Lena_P wrote: »
    pirates.jpg

OMG that has to be Mancomb Seepgood...

Mancomb.jpg
  • TimTim
    edited June 2009
    Whoa awesomeness on the poster! <3
  • edited June 2009

LINK YAY

(FYI, it's a 6MB file)
    VERY nice... thanks!!!
  • edited June 2009
    Thanks for the poster!!

And those pics are great, it's gotta be interesting seeing pirates in the same area as Stormtroopers :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.