The adventure begins... at E3!

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Gary wrote: »
    Ask and ye shall receive

Three cheers, sir.

Also, Leave it to TTG to give away for free something I just said I'd be willing to pay for.
  • edited June 2009
    There's a great interview with Mike about ToMI on IGN for those interested..
  • edited June 2009
    Hero1 wrote: »
    There's a great interview with Mike about ToMI on IGN for those interested..

Uhh, link?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Will you guys be showing off the game on Gamespot's live stage show? That would be cool. They still have some TBA slots in the schedule, so I'm just thinking it could be you guys.

We were on Gamespot's show today. Sorry I didn't think to post about it ahead of time, I didn't realize (or didn't really think through the fact) that it would be live. We also appeared on IGN and G4 today (the G4 segment will air tomorrow).

Here's another E3-related piece that you should read: MixnMojo
  • edited June 2009
    Junaid wrote: »

ah so its MI4 controls

Still looks awesome

cheers for the link
  • edited June 2009
    More Wallace & Gromit style I think
  • edited June 2009
    hamzie wrote: »
    ah so its MI4 controls

No. No. No. A hundred times NO. It will not be MI4-controls.
  • edited June 2009
    It kind of looks like the person moving Guybrush around is clicking on things to make him go places. That's promising.

Wonder what the solution is for getting onto that ship? Doesn't seem like the pirate on there wants Guybrush to get aboard. I'm ready to start solving some puzzles right now.
  • edited June 2009
    Honestly guys could you make those buttons available at the shop or at least give us the pictures so we can make our own? I totally dig that "Ask me about Monkey Island" button.
  • edited June 2009
    "Aye tradition! Whoever knocks the captain of the Screaming Narwhal off the deck, gets to be the captain!"

So it's clear what we have to do. And there seems to be some kind of rope winch near to where the soon-not-to-be-captain-anymore stands. Maybe one can do something with that? Oh, I just can't wait! :p

Gary! Thanks a lot for that poster image. I'll go to the city today to have it printed out on a huge poster! :)

Also, I would love to get my hands on a set of those buttons! Especially, of course, the "Ask me about..." one. Please, you've got to make them available to us somehow!

Please?
    Pretty please?
    Pretty pretty please?
    Please pretty please with sugar on top?
  • edited June 2009
    It kind of looks like the person moving Guybrush around is clicking on things to make him go places. That's promising.

Wonder what the solution is for getting onto that ship? Doesn't seem like the pirate on there wants Guybrush to get aboard. I'm ready to start solving some puzzles right now.

Looks like W A S D controls
  • edited June 2009
    hamzie wrote: »
    Looks like W A S D controls

Some of it does, but there are points where the cursor is hovering over parts of the background and Guybrush seems to walk directly towards them. I'm wondering if it's a compromise of WASD and mouse movement. Something I'd prefer to just WASD alone for moving.
  • edited June 2009
    Some of it does, but there are points where the cursor is hovering over parts of the background and Guybrush seems to walk directly towards them. I'm wondering if it's a compromise of WASD and mouse movement. Something I'd prefer to just WASD alone for moving.
    In other words, it looks a lot like W&G controls :rolleyes:
  • edited June 2009
    I WANT MURRAY!!!!

NO Murray = BAD MONKEY GAME ISLANDS!
  • edited June 2009
    Xocrates wrote: »
    In other words, it looks a lot like W&G controls :rolleyes:

That depends on if they're clicking the background or clicking objects. If they're only clicking objects to move with the mouse and using the keyboard the rest of the time, then it's just like W&G, which makes puppies cry.
  • edited June 2009
    They don't say if Murray the talking skull is in the game, yet they say LeChuck turns into a human. WTH?

Really, which is the bigger spoiler?
  • edited June 2009
    I don't care about the controls anymore! I am distracted by those funky buttons.
  • edited June 2009
    Ahem... I Repeat as it seems my scream of horror came unnoticed! MURRAY IS NOT IN THE GAME.... YET!!! CURSES!!! WE WANT MURRAY!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    The controls in the E3 build are not final. It's currently using the Wallace & Gromit controls but that won't necessarily be the case in the final version. (Although it will be using direct control in some form.)
  • edited June 2009
    Wow, I want those 'buttons', or should I say, 'badges' as they are correctly named in proper English. :p

I love that Monkey Island Evolution t-shirt on the LucasArts website!
  • edited June 2009
    IpFreely wrote: »
    Ahem... I Repeat as it seems my scream of horror came unnoticed! MURRAY IS NOT IN THE GAME.... YET!!! CURSES!!! WE WANT MURRAY!

I do like the joke about how Guybrush is going to talk to every skull he encounters to see if it's Murray. I can just hear Dominic's readings for that in my head.
  • edited June 2009
    I have found pirates photo on cd-Action site (1280px × 856px):
    http://www.cdaction.pl/obrazki/DSC_0126_4b2c.JPG
  • edited June 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    The controls in the E3 build are not final. It's currently using the Wallace & Gromit controls but that won't necessarily be the case in the final version. (Although it will be using direct control in some form.)

Oh, please dont use Wallace&Gromit controls. I only played the demo, but the controls were awful.

So, are you happy with the preorders so far? Do they greenlit the second season already :P
  • edited June 2009
    @fire2box: I didn't know that! The only thing worse than spoilers are repeating them.
  • edited June 2009
    Wait... did the Voodoo ladies badge just say "What's she hiding?"

And the badge with monkey on it, say "What do they know?"

This is definitely going to be worth it!!

Oh, and those badges are awesome! I want them! I want them now!
  • edited June 2009
    Emily wrote: »

Thanks Emily! It's nice to know the devs are willing to compromise.

Personally, I would be just happy with direct control so long as I could also click anywhere the screen to move. If I need to use the keyboard to get to some locations, so be it.
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah, maybe a settings choice in the menu would be nice.
  • edited June 2009
    Is that Timmy the Monkey on the badge? I can't read the name.
  • edited June 2009
    Seems to start with an M, if you ask me.... but when I zoom in, it gets blurred.
  • edited June 2009
    Those 3 rent-a-pirates look just close enough... Did you give them rough descriptions of Guybrush, Elaine and LeChuck?
  • edited June 2009
    Seems to start with an M, if you ask me.... but when I zoom in, it gets blurred.

I think it just says Monkeys. I hope Timmy the Monkey shows up.
  • edited June 2009
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    xfinitex wrote: »
    I think it just says Monkeys. I hope Timmy the Monkey shows up.

The badge says "Monkeys: What do they know?"

Which can be read two different ways, I guess, whether or not your mind puts a "Pff," before it.
  • edited June 2009
    Thanks Emily! It's nice to know the devs are willing to compromise.

Personally, I would be just happy with direct control so long as I could also click anywhere the screen to move. If I need to use the keyboard to get to some locations, so be it.

That's what I'm leaning towards as well. I would be more tolerant if when I clicked to walk, out of habit, Guybrush would humor me and actually do so.
  • edited June 2009
    Banana picker engage!!!!
  • edited June 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    and LeChuck?

That is not Le Chuck! It is Mancomb Seepgood!
    Google it if you don't know who the hell that is.
  • edited June 2009
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    That is not Le Chuck! It is Mancomb Seepgood!
    Google it if you don't know who the hell that is.

Yeah, he does look more like Mancomb. But I can't help but picture the phone call to the Rent-a-pirate place...

"Ideally, we'd like to have a lanky, clean-shaven blondish pirate, a scary pirate with a big beard, and a lady pirate. If you could get us one of each of those, that'd be great..."
  • edited June 2009
    I'm really loving all the news/media we're getting on ToMI and it's only the first week. It's so often when a game is announced and nothing is really shown. Even with this game coming out soon, we really are getting a nice dose and I'm appreciative of it. As well as in a whole new dimension of excitement :)

I saw the video on gamespot before and the dialogue choices (especially the sock one) had me ecstatic that MI humor is fully back. THIS is the kind of humor that made me love this series from the start :cool:
  • edited June 2009
    A bit OT, I think this picture is great. What are those Moai Heads on Dave's badge? :)

3593952063_70df388719.jpg?v=0
Sign in to comment in this discussion.