The adventure begins... at E3!

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I'll be sharing it with my girl. Hopefully she will like it :) She will be coming to visit me 3 days after launch :)
  • edited June 2009
    I'm sharing my copy with....ME! It's mine! All mine! And nobody else can touch it! Bwahahahhahaha! AHAHAHA! *thunder and lightning*
  • edited June 2009
    I'm sharing my copy with....ME! It's mine! All mine! And nobody else can touch it! Bwahahahhahaha! AHAHAHA! *thunder and lightning*

Murray stole your keyboard again? How did he use the keys though? Hmmm...
  • edited June 2009
    Foolish Mortal! Murray, The awesome and evil demonic skull, needs no hands when he can simply jump his head on the keyboard!

Granted, he needs an extra sized keyboard to accomplish this. BUT IT IS AN EVIL OVERSIZED KEYBOARD! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • edited June 2009
    Laserkid wrote: »
    BUT IT IS AN EVIL OVERSIZED KEYBOARD! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    And the M's U's W's A' and H's are VERY EVIL LETTERS. MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • edited June 2009
    Monkey Island, it brings out the seven year old in all of us. You know what's weird? When my mom was a kid, she never wanted to be a pirate. Can you imagine? I still love her though.
  • edited June 2009
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Monkey Island, it brings out the seven year old in all of us. You know what's weird? When my mom was a kid, she never wanted to be a pirate. Can you imagine? I still love her though.

They must have all had such meager existences. No Monkey Island, no Murray, not even high-speed broadband :rolleyes:
  • edited June 2009
    I wouldn't have anything if I didn't always want to be a pirate, and later (after seeing Star Wars at aged 7) a space pirate.

Pirate is even on my real business cards as one of the many services I offer. :D
  • edited June 2009
    RobD wrote: »
    Pirate is even on my real business cards as one of the many services I offer. :D

You wouldn't happen to work for a major bank by any chance? :-)
  • edited June 2009

Does she want to be a pirate now? That's all that's important.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009

Your mom seems a little too practical to have wanted to be a pirate. I'm guessing she would make a better ninja.
  • edited June 2009
    Will wrote: »
    Your mom seems a little too practical to have wanted to be a pirate. I'm guessing she would make a better ninja.

Actually, she wanted to be more like an astronaut, which is why she studied physics and astronomy in college. Yet she somehow ended up in EDP instead, which is called IT now? I think? So yeah, when I was eight I wanted to be Jim Hawkins from Treasure Island, and she wanted to be Kip Russell from Have Spacesuit Will Travel. My mom is actually a bigger Geek than I am.
  • edited June 2009
    I also wanted to be an astronaut! Tell your mom a guy form the internet says hi. Although i didnt study physics (too dumb).

Even after playing Monkey Island, pirates werent really my thing. Until i got older, and the whole thing of "get drunk and stole women" started to make sense. That drove my attention.
  • edited June 2009
    When I was growing up I wanted to be a Jedi. Either that, or He-Man.

>.<
  • edited June 2009
    Lena’s mom here, to set the record straight. I did not want to be an astronaut, but I did sort of want to go into space, preferably without being hijacked like Kip Russell. But you got pretty close, Will. While I never actually wanted to be a Ninja, I did earn a green belt in Tae Kwon Do at SF State, but far too long ago to be a danger now.
  • edited June 2009
    When I was growing up I wanted to be the PM (i'm English) and then I got really politically active at uni and realised all the political parties sucked and were incompetent so decided to just get drunk, which as Ignatius mentioned, kinda fits in well with Pirating. ;)

In fact i'm off to Somalia to show 'em how it's really done :)
  • edited June 2009
    I tied up one of my not-knowing-about-Monkey-Island-friends to a chair and played throught CMI and showing him the major cut-scenes in SMI, MI2 and EMI. Now he likes it too. Yay. Brainwashing is fun! :D
  • edited June 2009
    Whoever I showed MI1 and MI2 before, said:"I wouldn't play it because of the graphics and the interface." But they still had fun with the dialogues and that's what counted these days, though the graphics were nearly high-end at that time. Today too many developers think of astonishing graphical effects while leaving the concept of gameplay and fun in game way behind. You know that the developers had no fun programming if you don't see anything funny and original on screen (ingame). Sometimes jokes are created while working and you think:"Man if other people would've been here, they sure had something to laugh." Developers can use visuals to recreate a similiar situation. If you only talk about the situation half the fun goes away because you have to imagine the situation plus the reason why it's funny.
  • edited June 2009
    I trully agree with you. Honeslty, I played fangames based upon Monkey Island that were better than anything new on the market at this moment (except ToMI :p). I actually bought a playstation 2 console, so that I can play old games that were based upon gameplay, rather than graphics.
    Off-Topic: Sly Cooper rulz.
  • edited June 2009
    Will wrote: »
    Actually, I meant to ask this for some time already - will there be ninjas in ToMI? Or will Guybrush be touched by His Noodly Appendage? :D

np: Tosca - Fluss (Session 9) (Dehli9 (Disc 2))
  • edited June 2009
    Ninjas?? In ToMI?? Hmmm...
    Maybe...Monkey Ninjas! That would be...umm..lame.
    How about Ninja Murray! Muahahahahahaha! With the famous "Fire-Monkey Kick"...ummm...using his forehead!
  • edited June 2009
    any new gameplay videos?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    hamzie wrote: »
    any new gameplay videos?

We'll have more stuff for you before the game's out, don't worry.
  • edited June 2009
    Jake wrote: »

Phew, for a second I misread that as "when" the game's out... What a relief XD
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    That first pirate Guybrush talks to in that G4-video (not counting the one behind the door), is that the voice of Harry from the Sam & Max-games?

Yes. :)
  • edited June 2009

W00t! \o/
  • edited June 2009

Do you have the stuff now?

How 'bout now?

Is now okay?

Now?
  • edited June 2009
    I wonder if we may also get to hear the lines again: "I'm selling these fine leather jackets"... ah the fun of ooo I know that from this game... (OT: Just like a few moments from S&M when you recognise something from the old game)

I just realised it's still 13 days till the release... I don't know that I will last that long...

My question tho, is why only the Wii? SMI:SE is on 360 so why not ToMI?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Do you have the stuff now?

How 'bout now?

Is now okay?

Now?

You didn't see this?

ss_preview_talesofmi_guybrush_monkey.jpg.jpg

... or this?

chaptersc_thumb.jpg

You gotta spend more time digging around the private forum! :)
  • edited June 2009
    ^ Heeeeeeey! No fair! I was sleeping! stupid time difference...region...thing
    Those look great! And I AM doing a lot of digging here! I'm a VIP - Very Important Pirate, comes with shovel, gun and Indy Whip, BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED.
    Also, today I'm going to finish a little surprise for everybody, including you guys at TTG. So, make sure YOU will be doing some good digging, matey! For I shall post it only once! Bwahahahahaha-haha-ha-ha? mmyeah. Thanks. :)
  • edited June 2009
    So, make sure YOU will be doing some good digging, matey! For I shall post it only once! Bwahahahahaha-haha-ha-ha? mmyeah. Thanks. :)

Gone insane? I shall name thee Hamlet :)
  • edited June 2009
    Eeeee! AWESOME!

Is it July 7th yet? Is it now? What about now?

(Amazing how one and a half screenshots can affect me so...)
  • edited June 2009
    You didn't see this?
    ... or this?

Woo! Chapter screens! :)
    ...and monkies...labotomising Threepwood! Finally!
  • edited June 2009
    Gryffalio wrote: »
    Gone insane? I shall name thee Hamlet :)

hee-hee-hee! By the way, I allready posted it. Hint: on the questions for Dom thread. :)
  • edited June 2009
    I love the Punch-Out product placement; how much did you get paid for that (or is it just a requirement for ToMI to be on WiiWare)? :D

Seriously, that's a good game.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    MagooChris wrote: »
    My question tho, is why only the Wii? SMI:SE is on 360 so why not ToMI?

Well, we're doing Wallace & Gromit and Sam & Max on XBLA right now. We try to spread the love around.
  • edited June 2009
    Then you should spread it to Playstation Network... c'mooo-hoooon!!
  • edited June 2009
    Is there any chance of getting a non-eurogamey version of that screenshot? I'd quite like to use an unbranded version in a post I have going up tonight and would rather not crop it.
  • edited June 2009
    What about the three other pics during the interveiw?
  • edited June 2009
    ...and monkies...labotomising Threepwood! Finally!

I figure that they're planning to full-on Clockwork Orange him. :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.