Stuff I have laying around

15678911»

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Thank you Great Guru.
  • Matt HMatt H Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    For some reason there is a bug that will give Guybrush a creepy mustache. Sadly it was fixed, but it will live on forever in my nightmares.
  • edited July 2009
    Matt H wrote: »
    For some reason there is a bug that will give Guybrush a creepy mustache. Sadly it was fixed, but it will live on forever in my nightmares.

Give him some chest hair and you'd have yourself a pretty good hippy skin.
  • edited July 2009
    Wow... that looks more like Guybrush Threepwood, mighty cowboy
  • edited July 2009
    Junaid wrote: »
    Wow... that looks more like Guybrush Threepwood, mighty cowboy
    True, though I think that's partially down to the pose XD
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    man, i miss pervy guybrush...
  • edited July 2009
    man, i miss pervy guybrush...
    Wasn't he using that "Larry Laffer" guise during that period? :D

np: Joy Division - Insight (Unknown Pleasures Extras)
  • Matt HMatt H Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    It looks like the bug is back, but it has gotten much worse.
  • edited July 2009

arrrrgh, my eyes!!! :D
  • edited July 2009
    That's so Ron on so many levels... :eek:

np: Bill Laswell - Sub Sonnet (Invisible Design II)
  • edited July 2009

Congratulations. This picture literally almost killed me.

My stomach came so close to rupturing from the laughter.
  • edited July 2009

Please, keep that bug in as an option. XD
  • edited July 2009
    This new LeChuck is awesome.
  • edited July 2009
    telltale+buttons to preorderers=awesomeness
    buttons+TMI= awesomeness.

BUTTONS!
  • edited July 2009
    Why does Guybrush's coat look different in that mustache pic? The pattern on the blue fabric is gone and the gold trim on the cuffs is simpler.
  • edited July 2009
    it was probably taken in the stage where they were still building the character models
  • edited July 2009
    That looks fantastic! Really stylish. Plus a copy of Punch-Out!! for Wii adds to the overall quality of that photo..;)

yea, exactly What did you take a picture of? turn the flash off and get a real screen shot haha:D
  • edited July 2009
    ATMachine wrote: »
    Why does Guybrush's coat look different in that mustache pic? The pattern on the blue fabric is gone and the gold trim on the cuffs is simpler.

Mustache people can't wear the same coats as regular people
  • edited July 2009
    I hope the Team doesn't mind... I had some fun with the blurry picture... I tryed to unblur it (deblur or whatever). :p

Because it may be a spoiler, I'll just attach a link below for those who want to try and figure out what's the island's name. Maybe we should have a contest with that. :D

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1054/pictureres1.jpg

Melêe Island?
  • edited July 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    Wow, that seller ripperx has sold at least two full sets of buttons already and has a third up for auction now. I'm not really surprised but I'm kind of sad to see this. We handed out every last button at E3 -- we didn't even have extras to bring back for people on the Tales of MI team. It's sad to me that someone took that many buttons, which could have been handed out to other fans or mailed to people on our forums, so he could turn around and sell them for crazy prices on eBay. :(

I told you that STAN was workin' about it... :( :mad:
  • edited July 2009
    I want a floating island. Will that ever be possible for American games, or is it purely the provenance of the Japanese? (I'm not saying it should be in a Monkey Island game per se, *cough*MaxySam*cough* but you guys were talking about islands. Once. Kind of.)
  • edited July 2009
    Lena_P wrote: »
    I want a floating island. Will that ever be possible for American games, or is it purely the provenance of the Japanese? (I'm not saying it should be in a Monkey Island game per se, *cough*MaxySam*cough* but you guys were talking about islands. Once. Kind of.)

While the Gulliver's Travels/Hayao Miyazaki style of fantasy is very magical and adventurous, such things are more of a staple of games like, say, Simon the Sorcerer....or LOOM(hint hint Telltale)
  • edited July 2009
    While the Gulliver's Travels/Hayao Miyazaki style of fantasy is very magical and adventurous, such things are more of a staple of games like, say, Simon the Sorcerer....or LOOM(hint hint Telltale)

I was thinking of Skies of Arcadia and Rune Factory Frontier actually, but those are good too. I'd still love to see Sam and Max's take on magical, fantastic, adventurous tales, though. Just 'cause I love 'em doesn't mean I don't enjoy it when they're well mocked :)
  • edited July 2009
    You want something along the lines of Angel Island from Sonic the Hedgehog 3? Actually, if I remember correctly, that game WAS developed in America, with Yuji Naka's supervision. There could be telltale of an island that once floated above the clouds, but for realistic reasons, we never actually see it float.

Oh, and I almost forgot about the Island of Zeal from Chrono Trigger. That is my favorite video game of all time, by the way.
  • edited July 2009
    Please, don't mention Sega around me. It's ... it's still too soon. *sniff*
  • edited July 2009
    Shiny, I was looking for a new wallpaper.
  • edited July 2009

you do know that theres a New Simon the Sorcerer game coming out this year dont you?
  • edited July 2009
    Wolfstar27 wrote: »
    you do know that theres a New Simon the Sorcerer game coming out this year dont you?

Yeah, and I hear it has to do with aliens; which isn't automatically terrible but has a bad history.

I'm also not a fan of the art style; I think it's quite telling how mixing 3d and 2d doesn't always work.

I really hope I can find a demo of it though so I can see for sure whether it's a worthwhile experience; if not, I'll hope a better studio can acquire the rights. BUT I am withholding judgment for now. :) It's kind of ironic as it's the fifth Simon the Sorcerer game and reviews have said it improves greatly upon the fourth Simon the Sorcerer game, which is said to be the worst of the franchise. The similarities to Monkey Island in this case are quite interesting.

We'll see if it can bring the franchise back around.
  • edited July 2009
    Please, don't mention Sega around me. It's ... it's still too soon. *sniff*
    Sonic the Hedgehog has been dead for a long time now. Sega may still release a game from time to time, but it only further tarnishes the franchise. In my eyes, the series peaked with Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles, and only went downhill from there.

PS. I named my cat after Sonic the Hedgehog (RIP, 1994-2009).

EDIT: I just realized how off-topic this is. Look behind you, a three headed monkey! *runs away*
  • edited July 2009
    mhaley wrote: »
    Sonic the Hedgehog has been dead for a long time now. Sega may still release a game from time to time, but it only further tarnishes the franchise. In my eyes, the series peaked with Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles, and only went downhill from there.

EDIT: I just realized how off-topic this is. Look behind you, a three headed monkey! *runs away*

I think that Lucas-art could have ruin Monkey Island the way Sega did with sonic. Since Monkey island were their most popular franchise and because adventure became less popular, they could have changed it to an action adventure or even a first-person shooter (just kidding). But they didn’t, they just left it as it is and told us that is going to make one again after adventures became popular again. Unlike Sega that just release crappy Sonic games.
  • edited July 2009
    mhaley wrote: »

I did too! he used to go nuts chasing Sonic all over the screen :)
  • edited July 2009
    I just bought the game limited thingy (last moment!), and wanted to check "private pirate" forum. THNX FOR THE BACKGROUND!
  • edited July 2009
    larys wrote: »
    I think that Lucas-art could have ruin Monkey Island the way Sega did with sonic. Since Monkey island were their most popular franchise and because adventure became less popular, they could have changed it to an action adventure or even a first-person shooter (just kidding). But they didn’t, they just left it as it is and told us that is going to make one again after adventures became popular again. Unlike Sega that just release crappy Sonic games.

Well Sega didn't have a convinient Star Wars franchise to milk for money instead like LucasArts did. They had to milk something and Sonic was the most promising franchise. Atleast they proved they can still make something decent if they try (Valkyria Chronicles) so it all comes down to them putting money into proper development and letting Sonic rest in peace.
  • edited July 2009
    22 pages of pure greatness.

Only moments before I can finally play this game.
  • edited July 2009
    Shiny, I was looking for a new wallpaper.

Do people actually say 'shiny' in real life? I thought that was only on Firefly.. :p
    larys wrote: »
    they could have changed it to an action adventure or even a first-person shooter (just kidding). But they didn’t, they just left it as it is and told us that is going to make one again after adventures became popular again.
    I have to agree with you, there was a period there where I was in constant fear of a MI action-adventure game being announced (ala Infernal Machine). But I guess LucasArts must have realised that they had already tormented adventure gamers enough...
  • edited July 2009
    JFrosty wrote: »
    22 pages of pure greatness.

Only moments before I can finally play this game.

It's like July is Monkey Island Christmas :)
  • edited July 2009
    What about the buttons, any more word on those?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.