Stuff I have laying around

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    Linday's post

She's the person at Telltale who's in charge of getting more pins printed. :D
    Oh wonderful! Any solid plans for these new buttons? Sold in the store? Contest prizes? Put into a Case File "Guybrush Captain's Log"-style thing?
  • edited June 2009
    Linday's post

She's the person at Telltale who's in charge of getting more pins printed. :D

You just made my day! :D :D :D
  • edited June 2009
    Wow, that seller ripperx has sold at least two full sets of buttons already and has a third up for auction now. I'm not really surprised but I'm kind of sad to see this. We handed out every last button at E3 -- we didn't even have extras to bring back for people on the Tales of MI team. It's sad to me that someone took that many buttons, which could have been handed out to other fans or mailed to people on our forums, so he could turn around and sell them for crazy prices on eBay. :(

Oh well. Like Lindsay said, we are planning to print more.

Well, I think the best way to crack down on such a people is to make the goods they sell more available and less palatable for "collectors"... i.e. exactly printing more of them and letting anyone know!!

Merch democracy!

...Have I already said how much I love TTG? :D

PS: Yes, I hate "collectors", they spoil the fun on so many things, they complain when things are re-printed, etc. etc. ... despicable.

And they usually fight like a cow, too.
  • edited June 2009
    Wow, that seller ripperx has sold at least two full sets of buttons already and has a third up for auction now. I'm not really surprised but I'm kind of sad to see this.

Oh well. Like Lindsay said, we are planning to print more.

YES! Quantitative easing! I've heard it works far more effectively if you fly over England in helicopters, throwing them from above! (That way I can gett one without flying to America.... Mwuhahahaha!)

... Oh but make sure the pins are in, before you hurl them to the defenceless masses below.
  • edited June 2009
    Gryffalio wrote: »
    YES! Quantitative easing! I've heard it works far more effectively if you fly over England in helicopters, throwing them from above! (That way I can gett one without flying to America.... Mwuhahahaha!)

... Oh but make sure the pins are in, before you hurl them to the defenceless masses below.

• edited June 2009
    glo_kidd wrote: »
    My button came in today :D

Just got mine this morning. I got the "Le Marquis De Singe: What's His Theory?" one. Very cool, thanks for signing it everyone. Telltale really are the coolest!:D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    GozzoMan wrote: »
    Well, I think the best way to crack down on such a people is to make the goods they sell more available and less palatable for "collectors"... i.e. exactly printing more of them and letting anyone know!!

Merch democracy!

Oh we're familiar with that. :) We've done it before to great success in fact.
  • edited June 2009
    you know that Pins would make a a realy nice additional preorder gift(signed of corse)
  • edited June 2009
    "Pennies on the eyes of a dead mime"

Next time, make sure to implement some kind of psychological test before you give away those buttons.
  • edited June 2009

lmao! I have completely missed Newswipe... Now i'm gonna have more youtube to watch :p
    edited June 2009
    what the

whatthumb.jpg

(contains extremely blurry picture of an island. click at your own spoilery private-pirate filled risk)
  • edited June 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    what the

whatthumb.jpg

(contains extremely blurry picture of an island. click at your own spoilery private-pirate filled risk)

ARGH! No matter how hard ye tried to hide it, I can plainly see in this here map, Doctor Octopus in the eye of the cloud, Area 51, El Chupacabra, the Loch Ness Monster, and the X marking the spot of the new location of the legendary Big Whoop!

Whoops, wait, never mind. It appears I lost my contacts again. :p
  • edited June 2009
    I think that I may be dizzy. A little early to be popping open the liquor cabinet, is it not? The game is still a week from release.
  • edited June 2009
    Awesome! The maps are back!

I just watched the new gameplay video, and I've got to say guys, this is looking pretty freaky amazing. I LOVE the animation and cool movie-like shots. Really, really awesome. I can't wait, this week is gonna be hell.

Really, really impressed!
  • edited June 2009
    Hey, maybe if I drink enough the picture will come into focus! xD
  • edited June 2009
    Edit: nm
  • edited June 2009
    Wow! Thanks for your efforts!
  • edited June 2009
    I think this picture not only shows a map.
    But I think on the map we can see part of a verry special island: let's say the Monkey Island.
    edited June 2009
    Candyghost wrote: »
    I think this picture not only shows a map.
    But I think on the map we can see part of a verry special island: let's say the Monkey Island.

You'd be mistaken if you said that, but you're welcome to.
  • edited June 2009
    Nice, Phatt Island. I think. Maybe. Er…

Bytheway, what time is it at your place? It’s almost 10AM in germany now. And Wednesday. Six days left, wheee!
    edited June 2009
    (It's a new island, and it's 1am on the 1st here. So little time!)
  • edited June 2009
    :-O New island picture!

/me hugs Jake.
  • edited June 2009
    Nice, new Phatt Island. I guess. Probably. Hm…

Thanks for the timey-wimey-info.
  • edited June 2009
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Awesome! The maps are back!

I just watched the new gameplay video, and I've got to say guys, this is looking pretty freaky amazing. I LOVE the animation and cool movie-like shots. Really, really awesome. I can't wait, this week is gonna be hell.

Really, really impressed!

Where be this video of which ye speak?

Forget that, found it! And its AMAZING!

Well done guys, didn't think I could GET anymore excited.
  • edited June 2009
    Oh we're familiar with that. :) We've done it before to great success in fact.

Yo-oh-oh, I very well know! :D That's just one of the reasons the following line was:
    GozzoMan wrote: »
    ...Have I already said how much I love TTG? :D

And by the way, as I said in other thread, I really loved the re-edition of Surfin' The Highway! Great work, indeed! :)
  • edited June 2009
    Oh my Gooood! I just saw the new gameplay footage!:eek::eek::eek:
    Must...not...scream... I'm...at...work...
    ....Aaaaaaahahahahaaaa! This is GREAT! It's incredible!!!
    I dare to say...I DARE to say that this might just be the best in the series!!! The atmosphere, the voices, the music!!!
    Superb! Simply Superb!

...calming down...calming down now....

Good job, yeah, good job...
  • edited June 2009
    Must...not...scream... I'm...at...work...
    I was at work too and laughed out loud. Colleges wondered…
  • edited June 2009
    Majus wrote: »
    I was at work too and laughed out loud. Colleges wondered…

I mostly managed to control myself. My colleagues just wondered why I had such a big, happy smile on my face :D
  • edited July 2009
    tomo_cjt wrote: »
    Just got mine this morning. I got the "Le Marquis De Singe: What's His Theory?" one. Very cool, thanks for signing it everyone. Telltale really are the coolest!:D

How did you get that:confused:
  • edited July 2009
    Where be this video of which ye speak?

Forget that, found it! And its AMAZING!

Well done guys, didn't think I could GET anymore excited.

I cant find it:( Can someone tell me where it is please.
  • edited July 2009
    Anne26 wrote: »
    I cant find it:( Can someone tell me where it is please.

Look here : http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-467http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-467

;)
  • edited July 2009
    Just few words about the video:
    - Humour - yep, thats Monke Island for sure : ) Thanks, TellTale.
    - Graphics - neeeat. It's 3D and that's a shame, but that's the second best 3D I've ever seen.
    - Character design - better than EMI, very close to CMI. Hard to do it any better.
    - Voices - here comes one complain - LeChuck's "Har, har, har" is a bit too... well, that just doesn't sound like a villian in a momet of victory. Sounds more like Ozzie than LeChuck I know.
  • edited July 2009
    I agree on LeChuck's "Har"'s, but apart from that the video looks (AND sounds) fantastic. Great to see some action too, since the scenes from Flotsam Island seem more on the slow side.

And yes the music. It's Extra Epic that Michael Land is back on board. As in, back on board doing something Monkey Island-related. I can't wait to hear more of his tunes. On the same topic, will Bay Area Sound be contributing to this project at all? Would be interesting to hear Mr. Emerson-Johnson's interpretation on an MI song or two. I love what he's done at TTG so far.
  • edited July 2009
    what the

whatthumb.jpg

If the first island is called Flotsam, does that make that Jetsam?
    edited July 2009
    So far at least, Bay Area Sound's been doing all of the voice direction and sound effects, leaving the music to Michael Land.
    edited July 2009
    xzodia wrote: »
    If the first island is called Flotsam, does that make that Jetsam?

You guys are way overthinking this.
  • edited July 2009
    Michael isLand?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    A little early to be popping open the liquor cabinet, is it not? The game is still a week from release.

Wha...? No, that's precisely when you SHOULD be popping open the liquor cabinet...
  • edited July 2009
    Do you know this ones? :D
    Not mine... :(

2n8zqxy.jpg
    Jexxer wrote: »
    ...Oh my god I want those Chucks.

I think those are called "LeChucks".

::rimshot::
  • edited July 2009
    I'm super excited for this, and way to stick it to the collector's by saying you'll print up more buttons, those convention hoarders are the worst type of people imaginable I'd like to sick El Pollo Diablo on em I would
Sign in to comment in this discussion.