Stuff I have laying around

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    I know there are people who don't want it spoiled, but some who want the sneak peaks, so here's a cam pic of the chapter screen, drawn by the excellent Ryan Jones. Click the tiny preview to slightly embiggen.

chaptersc_thumb.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    If it has awesome music, I'm sold... even though I've already preordered...
  • edited June 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    I know there are people who don't want it spoiled, but some who want the sneak peaks, so here's a cam pic of the chapter screen, drawn by the excellent Ryan Jones. Click the tiny preview to slightly embiggen.

chaptersc_thumb.jpg

Looks awesome, man! I can hear the familiar chapter-music already. I'm really starting to become a fan of Ryan. What other projects did he work on?

And yes, a Telltale artbook somewhere in the future would be amazing.
    edited June 2009
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Looks awesome, man! I can hear the familiar chapter-music already. I'm really starting to become a fan of Ryan. What other projects did he work on?

He worked on Wallace & Gromit :)
  • edited June 2009
    That looks fantastic! Really stylish. Plus a copy of Punch-Out!! for Wii adds to the overall quality of that photo..;)
  • edited June 2009
    drawn by the excellent Ryan Jones.
    Any relation to Davy Jones perchance? :D

np: Aesop Rock - Fumes (None Shall Pass)
  • edited June 2009
    I can hear the familiar chapter-music already.

Haha! i was just going to say that! Its a really fast case of cause and effect; you look at that screen and the tune pops up in your mind out of nowhere.

Our minds are so f*ck*d up by this game.
  • edited June 2009

And yes, a Telltale artbook somewhere in the future would be amazing.

funnily enough I found myself humming the usual chapter music lol
  • edited June 2009
    Ignatius wrote: »
    Haha! i was just going to say that! Its a really fast case of cause and effect; you look at that screen and the tune pops up in your mind out of nowhere.

hahahah this made me laugh
  • edited June 2009
    Ignatius wrote: »

It's a Pavlov's dog thing isn't it. I'm sure there's some kind of evil plot that could be hatched involved slowly conditioning us to do certain things on hearing certain music, until they control our minds :p
  • edited June 2009
    Im using it for my wallpaper but my setup only supports a 1280X1024.
  • edited June 2009
    Im using it for my wallpaper but my setup only supports a 1280X1024.

here
    Duate wrote: »
    dunno if it's been posted, but here's a 1280x1024 version of that wallpaper, for those of us without widescreens

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f344/RamenThief/monkeywallpaper_1280x1024.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    Just got my button in the mail. It's awesome - thanks for it and the postcard bit.

I noticed all the signatures - I'm having trouble reading them though! Is there any way I could find this out? (By the way this is really awesome. Verily.)
  • edited June 2009
    PariahKing wrote: »
    Just got my button in the mail. It's awesome - thanks for it and the postcard bit.

I noticed all the signatures - I'm having trouble reading them though! Is there any way I could find this out? (By the way this is really awesome. Verily.)
    Hah, just got mine as well! :D
    Mine is of Le Marquis De Singe, or the "What's His Theory?" button. Which did you get?
  • edited June 2009
    I must have missed the memo. When did Telltale start sending out buttons? Was this part of a contest? I thought that I had this forum covered like butter on bread...

EDIT: I see now. It was a Twitter contest. I don't know how I missed that. These Private Pirate threads are massive. I wish that Telltale would print up more buttons in time for Comic-Con. ;)
  • edited June 2009
    Hah, just got mine as well! :D
    Mine is of Le Marquis De Singe, or the "What's His Theory?" button. Which did you get?
    I also got Le Marquis De Singe.

Want to trade?
  • edited June 2009
    I also got Le Marquis De Singe.

Want to trade?
    Dude, of course. These are going to be hot like pogs.
  • LindsayLindsay Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    I see a strong possibility of more delicious buttons in the near (July 22-July 26) future. ;)
  • edited June 2009
    Lindsay wrote: »
    I see a strong possibility of more delicious buttons in the near (July 22-July 26) future. ;)
    That would be San Diego Comic-Con, of course. :rolleyes:
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah this is a nice wallpaper... I keep switching from Tales of Monkey Island wallpaper to Final Fantasy IV wallpaper and back and forth....but for now i'm definitely using Tales of Monkey Island's wallpaper since its coming out soon! I love the MI series so much!
  • edited June 2009

chaptersc_thumb.jpg

PUNCH-OUT! So THAT'S why this game is taking too long. It's hard to blame you, but now that you've got me hooked on MI, I must.

Blame.
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009

If you post a photo, I'll give you a rundown of the signatures -- everybody who signed them hit every button so it should be clear for the other guys as well.
  • edited June 2009
    If you post a photo, I'll give you a rundown of the signatures -- everybody who signed them hit every button so it should be clear for the other guys as well.
    Oh sweet. I'll post the picture late tomorrow - don't have my camera.

Thanks!
  • edited June 2009
    Tree Nuts include, Almonds, Brazil nuts, Cashews, Chestnuts, Filberts/Hazelnuts, Macadamia nuts, Pecans, Pine nuts, Pistachios, and Walnuts

I had that list lying around
  • edited June 2009
    This has become my wallpaper as well. There arn't enough simple and great wallpapers like this.
  • edited June 2009
    Here's the picture of the pin's back with all the signatures: http://img199.imageshack.us/i/photo0318.jpg/

(I posted a link as the picture is rather large.)
  • edited June 2009
    Here's the picture of the pin's back with all the signatures: http://img199.imageshack.us/i/photo0318.jpg/

Ohhhh I'm soooo jealous.^^
  • edited June 2009

Looks like Mark Darin above the pin. Can't make out the others. I would do terrible, unforgiveable things for that badge.
    edited June 2009
    I'm on there at the bottom, and clockwise from me is Dave Grossman. I think next up is Sean Vanaman and then Ryan Jones is upside down right at the top. I can't make out the other names. I think between Mark Darin and Ryan is Mike Stemmle but I might be making that up..... Don't believe a word I say.
  • edited June 2009
    Wow. That's officially the second most impressive collection of signatures on a rare piece of video game memorabilia that I happen to own.

The crazy thing is that I can actually interact with the people who signed it. Best pre-order and company ever.
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    I'm on there at the bottom, and clockwise from me is Dave Grossman. I think next up is Sean Vanaman and then Ryan Jones is upside down right at the top. I can't make out the other names. I think between Mark Darin and Ryan is Mike Stemmle but I might be making that up..... Don't believe a word I say.

Starting from the bottom of the photo, move clockwise around the edge.

Below the actual pin itself is:
    Jake Rodkin.
    Clockwise from there we have:
    Dave Grossman.
    Just to the right of Dave, on the other side of the pin is:
    Mark Darin (Co-Lead, Writer)
    Clockwise from Dave an Mark is:
    Me, Sean Vanaman (Writer)
    Clockwise from me is:
    Ryan Jones -- initials RJ (Concept Artist)
    Below Ryan and Sean you'll find:
    Mike Stemmle (Co-lead)
    And lastly, clockwise from there we have:
    Joe Pinney (Designer)

Enjoy! Sell it on ebay and retire on your absurd profit!

EDIT: Please do not sell it on ebay, God will kill a manatee as retribution and I will weep.
  • edited June 2009
    I bid $1!
  • edited June 2009
    Thanks for the update. I appreciate the intrepretation.

Ebay crossed my mind. I'm sure it would go for a pretty penny considering all the signatures but I wouldn't sell it. It's too cool, has sentimental value and it's rather fashionable.

But on eBay I actually did bid $25.00 on a whole set of the e3 buttons. I ended up losing the auction which went for sixty-six dollars not including shipping.

Silently you need to manufacture "bootleg" copies to sell on Ebay for $66.00 a pop. You wouldn't even need to make games anymore. Just borrow Jake's eBay account.
  • edited June 2009
    Dassa big pin ... unless you had your two year old hold it for the picture. (In which case, they need to get some moisturizer on that hand.)
  • edited June 2009
    My button came in today :D

Pics:
    1000750b.th.jpg 1000751c.th.jpg

I got the "Lechuck: Whats His Master Plan?"

I also added a little fan comic on top if you can make it out, usually id scan these things in but my scanner died about a month ago.

Thanks again Sean! And thank you everyone else on the team who signed it :) This will be a treasured part of my collection :D

:D !!!!!
  • edited June 2009
    Wow!! awsome!!! (hehe i just bought the Pre-Order and im in the 7 heaven!! jaja)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Wow, that seller ripperx has sold at least two full sets of buttons already and has a third up for auction now. I'm not really surprised but I'm kind of sad to see this. We handed out every last button at E3 -- we didn't even have extras to bring back for people on the Tales of MI team. It's sad to me that someone took that many buttons, which could have been handed out to other fans or mailed to people on our forums, so he could turn around and sell them for crazy prices on eBay. :(

Oh well. Like Lindsay said, we are planning to print more.
  • edited June 2009
    Lindsay? Don't know who that is. Either way I am excited to hear more are being made.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Linday's post

She's the person at Telltale who's in charge of getting more pins printed. :D
  • edited June 2009
    Man.

Wish I lived in San Diego.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.