Stuff I have laying around

Comments

• edited June 2009
    AndyBundy wrote: »
    Gimme the english translation. :P

Ohh man we're talking too much off-topic, you noticed that? I hope TTG won't start deleting our postings... ohh ooh... i think they lrd strtd dltng sm lttrs,

Okay, then I promise i'll stop off-topicing :p

lol
    lol

Ich liebe Niederländen als gut!
    I love Netherlands as well!

Es hat schöne ganja. :cool:
    It has some nice ganja (weed) :cool:
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    NickClick2 wrote: »
    And what's up with the purple SBCG4AP cover and clear case?

That's something Videlectrix sent over, but it was rejected.
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I'd be happy with a plain button with nothing but the phrase "Ask me about Monkey Island" on it. Don't know if that'd be any cheaper to produce or not, but still.

6a00bf76d0a9b7438300f30f5afb2c0001-320pi

I'd love to do one like this for something. I mean, I really just want a straight up "Ask Me About Loom" button.

I always pictured this as being a sort of embossed cheesy plastic button. Does anyone know the kind I'm talking about? They're usually rough white plastic, sort of gratuitously embossed (with sharp edges!) and the color parts are lightly mirrored or sparkly? They're the cheesiest type of pins ever.

embossed_example.gif

Like that, except white plastic instead of metal.
  • edited June 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    Aw, I like it. Or rather, what little I can see of it.

I noticed the Videlectrix logo on the bottom by itself, much like the Telltale logo is by itself on the box art in the store. Kind of had me thinking this was one of those covers you could flip inside-out to get another cover, in this case the "Videlectrix cover".

(and with a clear case, you'd see through to the "other" cover every time you opened it)

EDIT:

Oh! I know where I've seen that before!

The art has been featured on the Videlectrix homepage for awhile. I remember seeing it and thinking that the Videlectrix art was much better.
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Aw, I like it. Or rather, what little I can see of it...
    The art has been featured on the Videlectrix homepage for awhile. I remember seeing it and thinking that the Videlectrix art was much better.

That should really make Gary Lu's and Jake Rodkin's day.

It's not like they toiled away on the actual SBCGFAP cover for hours or anything...

With that said, back to Monkeys!
  • edited June 2009
    Gryffalio wrote: »
    Ich liebe Niederländen als gut!
    I love Netherlands as well!
    Ich liebe die Niederlande auch!
    If you want to say "as much" or "as good", then you use "so gut" or "so viel". If you want to say "I love it too/as well" then you use "auch".
    Dutch = Niederländisch

And I'm Dutch, not German, btw.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009

If there's one thing I don't like, it's the Videlectrix guys acting like they own the place. Do they think they made the game? Sorry if you prefer their art, but that's just how it is.
  • edited June 2009
    That should really make Gary Lu's and Jake Rodkin's day.

It's not like they toiled away on the actual SBCGFAP cover for hours or anything...
    It's not like the actual cover is horrible garbage by any means. The Videlectrix-style cover, with its style and focus, is based more on the Videlectrix humor I loved so much with Peasant's Quest. I never meant to insult the work of Gary or Jake, far from it. But the nature of graphic design is that it's completely subjective, and especially when you're dealing with VASTLY different approaches you can just have a preference based on the approach alone.

I'm never going to say "The art sucks, the Telltale graphics design guys don't deserve to live fufilling and happy lives." I just like the other more(mostly) because I'm incredibly disproportionately fond of the Videlectrix aspects of the Homestar humor.

By the way, that was refreshingly frank. I can respect that. Even if you hate my guts.
    If there's one thing I don't like, it's the Videlectrix guys acting like they own the place. Do they think they made the game? Sorry if you prefer their art, but that's just how it is.
    Well, your company seemed quite happy with a Videlectrix partnership in the press release. ;)

I was more just wondering if there were a larger/more high-quality version of the art sitting around that could be retrofitted into a wallpaper than saying "this art sucks".
    With that said, back to Monkeys!
    I can agree to that.

I like the buttons! The "Ask me about.." is easily the best taken out of the E3 context, but they're all nice, and they worked really well as ads in the game launchers.
  • edited June 2009
    Ich liebe die Niederlande auch!
    If you want to say "as much" or "as good", then you use "so gut" or "so viel". If you want to say "I love it too/as well" then you use "auch".
    Dutch = Niederländisch

And I'm Dutch, not German, btw.

My edit said my German was rusty ;)
  • edited June 2009
    Ooookay, let's get back on topic, shall we gentlemen? :D

Is it possible we'll see any merchandise regarding the MI Series in the near future? (pens, hats, bags, Murray with a candle on it's head etc.)
  • edited June 2009
    Tee-Hee :p Ich Liebe Dutch. (is that correct?) :p

Dank je, ik hou ook van jou!

The English translation: Thanx, I love you too!
    The German translation: Danke, Ich liebe dich auch!

:P

Ontopic: I really like those badges :D and I would like to see a Guybrush Bobblehead figure at my desk XD
  • edited June 2009
    I know the kind of badges you mean. I can just picture the Western world being interspersed with random people wearing cheesy "ask me about LOOM" or "ask me about MONKEY ISLAND" badges. :D
  • edited June 2009

Well on the flip side, where would SBCG4AP be without Videletrix?
    1) A lot of the music came from THEIR games
    2) We all know the real reason people shell out $10 per game on the Wii was just so that they could play the new Videletrix games with their Wii motes.
    3)Their mustaches own yours. (sorry, but its true)
    4) Their (totally understandable) conflicts with you upped publicity of the game.
    5) Their voice acting for Episode 5 was hilarious
    6) Come to think of it, almost ALL of Episode 5 came from their games, including the Trogdor arcade unit
    6) Do I even need to say it? I think I do. GOOD GRAPHIX!!!

They should hire me to be their lawyer.

(Yes, I do realize your joking, I just want to continue the joke. It's a good one).
  • edited June 2009

6a00bf76d0a9b7438300f30f5afb2c0001-320pi

I'd love to do one like this for something. I mean, I really just want a straight up "Ask Me About Loom" button.

I always pictured this as being a sort of embossed cheesy plastic button. Does anyone know the kind I'm talking about? They're usually rough white plastic, sort of gratuitously embossed (with sharp edges!) and the color parts are lightly mirrored or sparkly? They're the cheesiest type of pins ever.

embossed_example.gif

Like that, except white plastic instead of metal.

Couldn't we just make you a pinata instead? (Not that I was in any way involved with those amazing fans.) If someone did make you a pin, you wouldn't rat on them to LA, would you? Where do your loyalties really lie, Rodkin?
  • edited June 2009
    Oh, it's simple... Mice teeth rhymes with "Nice teeth" in english. And everybody likes nice teeth, so it's a compliment about her hygene. A girl that has an impecable hygene is more attractive than a girl who hasn't. Thus, Guybrush is telling Elaine, in german, that she is attractive! See? Simple.

Yeah, okay. Maybe you should go lie down for a little bit, honey. When the buzzing in your ear stops you can come back.
    German rocks. Think of Kindergarten (which is being replaced by Kindertagesstätte = nursery school), the evil Poltergeist and we also use several old fashioned idioms, which origins are mostly unknown and can't be translated word by word.

And without us, there would be no ä ö or ü like in BRÜTAL LEGEND... but dmnit it's not going to be released for PC and I don't have the other consoles.

Don't get me wrong, I love Germany, I just don't get you. And I'm of German descent, so you'd think I would. (Though generally, the German in me is dormant, only arising at Christmas when I'm overcome with a strange craving for pfeffernusse ...)
  • edited June 2009
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Yeah, okay. Maybe you should go lie down for a little bit, honey. When the buzzing in your ear stops you can come back.

There is no buzzing in my ear! Only little chineese people who are talking to me, and making me do stuff. Watches, PS2 consoles and cheap shoes.

What?
  • edited June 2009
    There is no buzzing in my ear! Only little Chinese people who are talking to me, and making me do stuff. Watches, PS2 consoles and cheap shoes.

What?

I really hope you meant "make" and not "do" because I just don't see how that could even work with a watch ... (I guess you could tie it tight ... changing my brain channel now! Ugh, ugh!)
  • edited June 2009
    Lena_P wrote: »
    I really hope you meant "make" and not "do" because I just don't see how that could even work with a watch ... (I guess you could tie it tight ... changing my brain channel now! Ugh, ugh!)

: ) ) ) Yeah, sorry...bad translation. I meant "make"
    *blushes*
    I held the dictionary upside down.:o
  • edited June 2009
    I want a loom pin too!
  • edited June 2009

Nah, that would've been "ǝʞɐɯ". :p
  • edited June 2009
    Nah, that would've been "ǝʞɐɯ". :p

Darn, you figured it out! Well, now I have no defense. I'm a terrible english speaker. :p
  • edited June 2009
    : ) ) ) Yeah, sorry...bad translation. I meant "make"
    *blushes*

Don't worry, your English is much better than my Romanian.;)
  • edited June 2009
    Darn, you figured it out! Well, now I have no defense. I'm a terrible english speaker. :p

Yeah. Given the structure of that sentence, you're a better English speaker than most of the guys I went to school with ;)
  • edited June 2009
    Awwwww, thanks guuuuys! *blush-blush*
    Only a couple of weeks remain! Yay! My brother can't stop jumping around the house. He reminds me of Stewie:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBWvkpTY2Wo
    Replace "Disney World" with "Monkey Island". :p
  • edited June 2009
    Calling all monkeys, chimpanzees, orangs, gorillas and bonobos -- I'm giving away FIVE Monkey Island badges, to be sent, free of charge, to FIVE loyal monkey island fans. This is one badge per person -- not the entire set (as I don't think a full set survived e3). Perhaps we'll be getting a few full sets on here in a few weeks but as of now, I do not know. (And I will be trying to get these signed by the other members of the team, but it'll be catch as catch can).

The contest! As most of you know, I'll be asking the question below and in order to win, you must send an @ reply message to seanovanaman (notice the o!) on Twitter. Simply type @seanovanaman and the answer and hit send.

While you're at it, follow @telltalegames will ya? ;)

Ok, the question.

In Monkey Island 2: LeChucks' Revenge, Guybrush and Elaine have a glorious reunion in Governor Marley's mansion during her costume party. In a whirlwind of emotion, Guybrush strides into Elaine's room, romantically clad in a pink dress and boots, ready to be reunited with his lady love. In this scene, Guybrush calls Elaine FIVE pet names throughout his grand entrance. Name one!

Particulars: one badge per pet name, and you can win only one badge. The first person to @reply me a pet name that hasn't been answered wins a badge. When all five pet names have been answered, all five badges will have been awarded!

Ok, I don't think I'm missing anything. Good luck!

Of all the parties in all the houses on all the islands of the Caribbean...
    Just curious.. anyone that won received their badges yet? I keep anxiously waiting.. I hope today is the day it shows up in the mailbox. :D
  • edited June 2009
    Just curious.. anyone that won received their badges yet? I keep anxiously waiting.. I hope today is the day it shows up in the mailbox. :D

Same here, but I live in the UK so I suspect it'll be a while yet :(
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    tomo_cjt wrote: »
    Same here, but I live in the UK so I suspect it'll be a while yet :(

They're on the way!
  • edited June 2009
    Those buttons are very cool :)
    And all the artwork :)
    Thanks!

German rocks. Think of Kindergarten (which is being replaced by Kindertagesstätte = nursery school), the evil Poltergeist and we also use several old fashioned idioms, which origins are mostly unknown and can't be translated word by word.

And without us, there would be no ä ö or ü like in BRÜTAL LEGEND... but dmnit it's not going to be released for PC and I don't have the other consoles.

Well there are a few other words that the English guys importet from us..
    Like there is another old game called 'The secret weapons of Luftwaffe' or the word "doppelgängers" wich I found in the english version of the 7th Harry Potter novel. And for analysis of poems and stuff the word 'leitmotif' is also German.
    I think it's very funny :)

And all the stuff like äöü can be found in Scandinavia too. Even more of it ;-)
    But our language is very close to Swedish and Norge..
  • edited June 2009
    Don't forget unheimlich ;)
  • edited June 2009
    Well there are a few other words that the English guys importet from us..
    Like there is another old game called 'The secret weapons of Luftwaffe' or the word "doppelgängers" wich I found in the english version of the 7th Harry Potter novel. And for analysis of poems and stuff the word 'leitmotif' is also German.
    I think it's very funny :)

Scandinavian countries also have this ø, like in Shøp or Møjø... or Vøødøø. Ohh god another idea for the brainstorming... don't you dare taking this one.

And I remember Peter McConnell told me about "Die Verwandlung" by Kafka, where "ungeheuerliches Ungeziefer" is used.
  • edited June 2009
    Yes, like the ø and å. Btw, "Norge" is how they write Norway in Norwegian ;) Norwegian in Norwegian is "Norsk" (or "Ninorsk" in some languistical differences), and Swedish in Swedish is "Svenska". :)
  • edited June 2009
    Dear fans,

What stuff do YOU guys have laying around? MI related, of course :)
  • edited June 2009
    I had my sister make me two MI t-shirts. I'll post up some pictures once my camera starts working.
  • edited June 2009
    I've had a MI T-shirt printed up too, it arrived this morning and I was practically bouncing up and down like a child :D

It has Steve Purcell's Concept art and the new MI logo just below the nape of my neck and Ryan Jones' Concept Art on the front.

Pics here (poor colours / lighting comes from having a crappy camera):

http://twitpic.com/84e3f
    http://twitpic.com/84f0k
    http://twitpic.com/84e9f
    http://twitpic.com/84eka
  • edited June 2009
    Dear fans,

What stuff do YOU guys have laying around? MI related, of course :)

I postet this in another thread, but here once again ;)

mifanshirt2.jpg

dreikopfaffe.jpg

mi1poster.jpg

mi2poster.jpg

Do you know this ones? :D
    Not mine... :(

2n8zqxy.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    I too have a MI T-shirt my brother gifted me quite some time ago. It has "look behind me, a three headed monkey" written in front and the SoMI three headed monkey in the back in all its pixelated glory.

(sadly, no pics)
  • edited June 2009
    ...Oh my god I want those Chucks.

And the cuddly three-headed monkey. That's just fantastic. :D

I am sadly lacking in the Monkey Island stuff area. I have some random knicky-knacky and Doctor Who stuff, but nothing for Monkey Island. I think there is something very wrong with this fact.
  • edited June 2009
    Jexxer wrote: »
    And the cuddly three-headed monkey. That's just fantastic. :D

Where did you GET that? It's...great! We should receive this as a keychain with every MI game :p
  • edited June 2009
    dreikopfaffe.jpg

Dude! I totally want a three headed monkey!
  • edited June 2009
    Where did you GET that? It's...great! We should receive this as a keychain with every MI game :p
    See, there once were three one-headed monkeys... and now there aren't.

(At least that's what he posted in another thread... :D)

np: Fink - See It All (Sort Of Revolution)
  • edited June 2009
    No no Guys, i don`t wanne be a Mass-Murder.
    No Genocide at little Monkey-Keychains :eek:

But for your own one... A Pirate must do,
    what a Pirate have to do :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.