Stuff I have laying around

Comments

• edited June 2009
    dunno if it's been posted, but here's a 1280x1024 version of that wallpaper, for those of use without widescreens

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f344/RamenThief/monkeywallpaper_1280x1024.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    Just a small question, Is it possible to get the images of guybrush, Elaine and LeChuck with white background and the backgrounds used in the two wallpapers (the "green" wallpaper and the "Red" wallpaper") as separate files? so I can make a wallpaper that fits my screen resolution(s). with dualscreens and vertichal screens and so on, there is hard to find wallpapers that dosn't look wonkey
  • edited June 2009
    What else do you have...laying around?
  • edited June 2009
    sweet.
    I have a new background now :)
  • edited June 2009
    Thanks much. :)

I've been looking for something to use as my new wallpaper, haven't changed it for moooonths.
  • edited June 2009
    I love the picture, it's now my background. Many thanks!
  • edited June 2009
    Thank you, Jake! My new wallpaper via your generosity makes waiting for ToMI pleasantly bearable.
  • edited June 2009
    and i have wallpaper for my fresh xp install, thanks!
  • edited June 2009
    My desktop on my laptop, home computer and work computer all happily reflect the joy of Monkey Island. =) Thanks!
  • edited June 2009
    nice work but I still like my own shot thunder bolt.^^

If you got some dangerous dramatic seafaring scene with thunder, wind and waves, I'm going to think of changing my wallpaper.
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    So Lindsay handed out a few of the remaining e3 TMI buttons to the team (there are barely any left!) And I've got a few here on my desk. And because you guys have been awesome in contributing to the Private Pirates Club, I'm going to give them away.

I'll be posting an MI trivia question here (in the "Stuff I've got laying around" thread) in the forum in the next 24 (or 3 or 12 or 5) hours and then in order to answer, you've got to find me on twitter and @ reply me the answer.

There are five buttons to be won! (I might even get them signed by members of the team).

Does this sound like something you might be interested in?
  • edited June 2009
    So Lindsay handed out a few of the remaining e3 TMI buttons to the team (there are barely any left!) And I've got a few here on my desk. And because you guys have been awesome in contributing to the Private Pirates Club, I'm going to give them away.

I'll be posting an MI trivia question here (in the "Stuff I've got laying around" thread) in the forum in the next 24 (or 3 or 12 or 5) hours and then in order to answer, you've got to find me on twitter and @ reply me the answer.

There are five buttons to be won! (I might even get them signed by members of the team).

Does this sound like something you might be interested in?
    I'm VERY interested in this idea.
  • edited June 2009
    Ohh..yes! but i dont use twitter, so i guess im out.
    I would anyway answer the questions, just for fun and brain exercise.
  • edited June 2009
    Good idea, but like Ignatius I don't use Twitter.
  • edited June 2009
    i'm game
  • edited June 2009
    Me 2...I don't use twitter...buuut, I might sign up just for the buttons. How do we find you on twitter anyway? Or is there a simpler way? Like...a youtube-funny-video-MI-related-contest? :D
    edited June 2009
    Ignatius wrote: »
    Ohh..yes! but i dont use twitter, so i guess im out.
    I would anyway answer the questions, just for fun and brain exercise.

For those who don't have Twitter:

It's free and awesome! You can read 140 character tidbits from Mr Chuck Jordan, programmer Andrew Langley, cinematic artist Eric Parsons, Will Armstrong, the enigmatic Jake Rodkin -- all sorts of Telltalians on a daily basis! It's the best!

OH! And the company posts all of our announcements through the @telltalegames account.

OH!!! And Sam and Max are on twitter. So, there. That should be reason enough.

My next post in this thread will be THE MONKEY ISLAND BUTTON TRIVIA QUESTION!

(to find me and others, just google us or use twitter's search function. once you find one of us, just look at the people we follow. such is the magic of twitter.)
  • edited June 2009
    "Ask me about Twitter!"
    hahaha, i knew Twitter and some of that random awesomeness you mention, its just..i dunno, im not into it really. Besides 5 buttons against a horde of fans; by the time i get to read the questions, those buttons would be long gone.

But i take the challenge anyway, i will try to answer mentally and then share the results after the answers are shown.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm in. I just hope I know enough about MI.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm never fast enough for these things, but it still looks like a kickass idea!
  • edited June 2009
    Ok Sean, you convinced me about Twitter.

See how long until I get bored of it...
  • edited June 2009
    Is this still going on?
    edited June 2009
    Ok, I lied: the question is going up tomorrow (JUNE 10th) morning, around 10am California time (to accommodate our European pirate brethren).
  • edited June 2009
    And thus spills forth the awkward tension.
  • edited June 2009
    I'll try to participate :)
    The whole twitter thing is new to me though
    Ok, I lied: the question is going up tomorrow (JUNE 10th) morning, around 10am California time (to accommodate our European pirate brethren).
    So 1900hrs CEST? okiedokie And I believe one has to reply on the twitter from "telltalegames"?
  • edited June 2009
    I'll try to participate :)
    The whole twitter thing is new to me though

So 1900hrs CEST? okiedokie And I believe one has to reply on the twitter from "telltalegames"?

You have to reply with an answer on Sean Vanaman's Twitter.
  • edited June 2009
    Wait, what is your twitter account? Are you seanvanaman on twitter as well? (And I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't done the twitter thing. Really, the people I know feel they get too much of me as it is.)

Yeah, okay, so you can search people's real names on Twitter, sorry for asking, Vanaman. Dang, I spend years becoming a hermit and I thow it all away for some buttons. Which I probably won't win. I'm almost a Lon Chaney movie. At least if I ever end up in hiding on some South Seas island I'll be able to twitter about it.
  • edited June 2009
    Ignatius wrote: »
    "Ask me about Twitter!"
    I just missed the green flashing text saying <ADVERTISEMENT>

I just got facebook right now. Ohh god Twitter, that would enlarge the social networks I'm in way too much for me right now. But... I WANT THAT. Gotta get a Twitter account then.

I hope it's not going to be a "What was the answer / dialog options for [insert text / question here]?"
  • edited June 2009
    I'm in. Thanks for extending it 'till today Sean, it would have been annoying to miss out because I was asleep. 10am Cali time is 5pm GMT by my calculations, so I shall be in there like swimwear. In here, that is.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm in too!! What a wonderful idea you had Sean!
    I don't expect to win, I am kind of slow... but I'll participate anyway...

Cam'
  • edited June 2009
    So, how will we respond to it? I logged in to twitter, found you (Sean) and saw your twitter messages... we just click reply once you posted the question?
  • edited June 2009

Can't wait. I finally gave in to the Twitter bug just because of this. :D
  • edited June 2009
    Well, it's 5 min to 10 AM in California (or 17:00 in Romania). I'm ready! Bring it on!
  • edited June 2009
    Well, it's 5 min to 10 AM in California (or 17:00 in Romania). I'm ready! Bring it on!

No, its not...
  • edited June 2009
    i was going to say....still have some time
  • edited June 2009

Erm, I think it's actually 7 AM right now over there at The Golden State, Silverwolf, because it's 8 AM here in Colorado (Mountain Time - Cali is Pacific Time, which should be an hour less). :(
  • edited June 2009
    Oh....OH...oh....darn. I was pretty sure I calculated this correctly...
    Didn't he say 10 AM California time? Well, if you say so... Thanks :)
  • edited June 2009
    Oh....OH...oh....darn. I was pretty sure I calculated this correctly...
    Didn't he say 10 AM California time? Well, if you say so... Thanks :)

Yep, which should be in about 3 hours or so. :)

Don't forget we're currently in Daylight Savings Time here in the States.

So, how's things in Vlad Tepes' home country? Playing a lot of Vampyre Story, I presume? :D
  • edited June 2009
    Doesn't get any more accurate than this. ;)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=224
  • edited June 2009
    Doesn't get any more accurate than this. ;)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=224

This is great, thanks, Hoppy. :)

Now, if only I had something similar for TV schedules...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.