Stuff I have laying around

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Nice background, thanks!
  • edited June 2009
    You have to reply with an answer on Sean Vanaman's Twitter.
    Ah cheers! Got it! :)
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Yeah, okay, so you can search people's real names on Twitter, sorry for asking, Vanaman. Dang, I spend years becoming a hermit and I thow it all away for some buttons. Which I probably won't win. I'm almost a Lon Chaney movie. At least if I ever end up in hiding on some South Seas island I'll be able to twitter about it.
    LOL yeah, same here. never wanted to participate in such thing. I barely use Facebook as it is and generally only used it to watch pictures of people :p In the Netherlands they have a social network called Hyves (pronounce as "hives" and actually is meant to be the same), but I barely ever used that so I cancelled my account there. MSN network has something like that too, neither use that :p Gaming and work take enough time of me already.
  • edited June 2009
    Ah cheers! Got it! :)
    LOL yeah, same here. never wanted to participate in such thing. I barely use Facebook as it is and generally only used it to watch pictures of people :p In the Netherlands they have a social network called Hyves (pronounce as "hives" and actually is meant to be the same), but I barely ever used that so I cancelled my account there. MSN network has something like that too, neither use that :p Gaming and work take enough time of me already.

Same here. In Brazil, most people use Orkut, Google's social network. After I moved here to the States, my American friends forced me to use Facebook, instead. I could barely manage one profile in a social network, and now I have two! And a Twitter account! Where is this going to stop?! :confused: :D
  • edited June 2009
    Social networking will be the death of us all...but damn if it isn't fun.
  • edited June 2009
    It's hard to be anti-social and have so many accounts on social networks. :confused:
  • edited June 2009
    EeK85 wrote: »
    Yep, which should be in about 3 hours or so. :)

Don't forget we're currently in Daylight Savings Time here in the States.

So, how's things in Vlad Tepes' home country? Playing a lot of Vampyre Story, I presume? :D

: ) ) ) Oh, the "bloody" stereotype never dies...
    To tell you the truth, I didn't have enough time on my hands lately to play Vampyre Story. But thanks for reminding me about it!
    Hmmm, in my country things are kinda...boring right now. Almost noone knows about ToMI or SMI:SE, which kind of makes it peculiar when I bring it up in a conversation. Everybody remembers something vague about Point & Click games. Oh well...
    How are things in Denver? :)
  • edited June 2009
    It's hard to be anti-social and have so many accounts on social networks. :confused:

I find it quite easy
  • edited June 2009
    : ) ) ) Oh, the "bloody" stereotype never dies...
    To tell you the truth, I didn't have enough time on my hands lately to play Vampyre Story. But thanks for reminding me about it!
    Hmmm, in my country things are kinda...boring right now. Almost noone knows about ToMI or SMI:SE, which kind of makes it peculiar when I bring it up in a conversation. Everybody remembers something vague about Point & Click games. Oh well...
    How are things in Denver? :)

Hahah, sorry, I just had to ask you about Vampyre Story (which is a great game, btw, you should give it a try). :D

As far as stereotypes go, mine is still worse. Since I'm from Brazil and we're talking about Monkey Island, people are probably going to think that I like the series because I used to see monkeys on a daily basis (for the record, I've only seen monkeys in the zoo. And no, none of them had three heads :p ).

Denver is... quiet. Especially now that the ski/snowboard season is over. :cool:
  • edited June 2009
    EeK85 wrote: »
    Hahah, sorry, I just had to ask you about Vampyre Story (which is a great game, btw, you should give it a try). :D

There's nothing to be sorry about! I actually find it really funny.
    Since I'm from Brazil and we're talking about Monkey Island, people are probably going to think that I like the series because I used to see monkeys on a daily basis (for the record, I've only seen monkeys in the zoo. And no, none of them had three heads :p ).

Tee-hee! Really? I didn't know that, and didn't expect that! Cool!
    How's the weather? It's frickin' hot here... My head melted on the way to the subway... Good thing I had a spare with me.
  • edited June 2009
    almost 10 :)
  • edited June 2009
    Lol, the page views for this thread are shooting up!
  • edited June 2009
    and the server's getting crushed, too.^^
  • edited June 2009
    ...tension...
  • edited June 2009
    We need our buttons man! We neeed them!
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Calling all monkeys, chimpanzees, orangs, gorillas and bonobos -- I'm giving away FIVE Monkey Island badges, to be sent, free of charge, to FIVE loyal monkey island fans. This is one badge per person -- not the entire set (as I don't think a full set survived e3). Perhaps we'll be getting a few full sets on here in a few weeks but as of now, I do not know. (And I will be trying to get these signed by the other members of the team, but it'll be catch as catch can).

The contest! As most of you know, I'll be asking the question below and in order to win, you must send an @ reply message to seanovanaman (notice the o!) on Twitter. Simply type @seanovanaman and the answer and hit send.

While you're at it, follow @telltalegames will ya? ;)

Ok, the question.

In Monkey Island 2: LeChucks' Revenge, Guybrush and Elaine have a glorious reunion in Governor Marley's mansion during her costume party. In a whirlwind of emotion, Guybrush strides into Elaine's room, romantically clad in a pink dress and boots, ready to be reunited with his lady love. In this scene, Guybrush calls Elaine FIVE pet names throughout his grand entrance. Name one!

Particulars: one badge per pet name, and you can win only one badge. The first person to @reply me a pet name that hasn't been answered wins a badge. When all five pet names have been answered, all five badges will have been awarded!

Ok, I don't think I'm missing anything. Good luck!

Of all the parties in all the houses on all the islands of the Caribbean...
  • edited June 2009
    Man, I really can't think of any ... but I'm sending answers in anyway!

Yay GrantYeager! I wish we could see people's answers and guesses ...
  • edited June 2009
    Damn, this is just one of those things you either know or don't.
  • edited June 2009
    cool i could name all 5 german names. Just one question: Would they've count?
  • edited June 2009
    Know 2 of them, submitted one.
    only because I played through that bit 3 hours ago haha
  • edited June 2009
    Yay!!! got one :) (im GrantYeager) Thanks!!!

I knew there was a reason i was putting off heading to work :p

EDIT: Which reminds me i should probably head out before i regret it, hehe. Ill be sure to sign on as soon as i get there though
  • edited June 2009
    Don't think I made it in time.
  • edited June 2009
    I sent mine as a response to your tweet (writing up the #monkeyisland badge giveaway trivia question!), I hope that's still okay.
  • edited June 2009
    I sent mine as a response to your tweet (writing up the #monkeyisland badge giveaway trivia question!), I hope that's still okay.
    Yes, I'm hoping that's what we were supposed to do...?
  • edited June 2009
    Congratulations glo_kidd! (Or Grant, I guess). It's nice to see that we 80's babies got represented. Take that people who were old enough to have disposable incomes in 1990!
  • edited June 2009
    Excellent, I won one! :D
  • edited June 2009
    Aw damn, I had sugarcakes and honeypie. =(
  • edited June 2009
    I won yauuuuus
  • edited June 2009
    Congratulations to the winners... It was too hard for me... Played it a long time ago!

Cam'
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Contest over! Wow, that was fast!!! Way to go, guys.

I'll be sending direct twitter messages to (twitter names) SuperMooseMan, tomo_cjt, dbrodzinski, GrantYeager and HoppyDragon.

Congratulations!
  • edited June 2009
    I said plunder bunny...though I think I got that from Curse
  • edited June 2009
    I had a complete brain dead moment there. Annoying 'cos I was just playing that part of MI2 yesterday!

Ah well.

Congrats to all who won.
  • edited June 2009
    pfff .. never played MI2. .. meh

Grats to the winners
  • edited June 2009
    I got one on my second attempt, but not quick enough so no badge.
  • edited June 2009
    Yay! I won one! What do we need to do to get it now then? =D
    Man, I really can't wait for TOMI and for the special edition now. Keep waking up smiling and humming the opening theme or scumm bar theme :D
  • edited June 2009
    pfff .. never played MI2. .. meh

Grats to the winners
    ...what are you doing here then? :confused: Masquerading as a Monkey Island fan, eh?
  • edited June 2009
    I hadn't played it until a couple of years ago, because I couldn't find it for sale anywhere. =\
  • edited June 2009
    I'm not allowed to be a "fan" if I only played 3 and 4???? That's not very friendly, is it? You act like an elitist with that answer, imo, HoppyDragon.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm not allowed to be a "fan" if I only played 3 and 4???? That's not very friendly, is it?

Are you kidding? That's the second friendliest greeting I've ever seen.
  • edited June 2009
    I had a complete brain dead moment there. Annoying 'cos I was just playing that part of MI2 yesterday!

I was playing it last night too. Took me ages to remember what he said, I sent plunder-bunny! first before realizing he doesn't say that in MI2.

I must have spent a good 15 mins trying to get the map piece out of that pile :confused: before I got the solution.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm not allowed to be a "fan" if I only played 3 and 4???? That's not very friendly, is it? You act like an elitist with that answer, imo.
    Aw, I was just teasing. I just really think you ought to play it. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.