Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about, GoT Edition

Comments

• edited March 2015

In that case, blame the Wiki editor: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Fegg

Also I got this just for you :-*

Alt text

ArthurV posted: »

Fegg is actually the corpse cart driver who delivers Rodrik (and his father) back to Ironrath. I don't believe Cupcake has a name beyond Whitehill Soldier 3, but I like cupcakes.

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

Yay, cupcakes!

In that case, blame the Wiki editor: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Fegg Also I got this just for you :-*

• edited March 2015

From what ive seen people seem to accidentally skip some conversations beetween characters quite a bit, but when they start talking dont click anything and let them finish, theres some interesting/funny stuff:

-Ep.2 When Whitehill soldiers complain about wine (before they start insulting Rodrik), one of them says that he "wants" Lady Forrester.

-Ep.3 In the beggining, Malcolm asks Beska why are the Lost Legion so pissed and she says because she cutted some guys balls off.

-Ep.3 After Duncan leaves the Wall, Cotter and Finn talk about their piss, how it would frezze on the way down from the wall and Finn thinks that he can kill a mammoth with his piss.

Not sure if I missed any...

• edited March 2015

Please find a way to reference him as a sweet roll in game ;3

Fegg is actually the corpse cart driver who delivers Rodrik (and his father) back to Ironrath. I don't believe Cupcake has a name beyond Whitehill Soldier 3, but I like cupcakes.

• I was listening to the Finn and Cotter talk about their piss, I was just like

Alt text

From what ive seen people seem to accidentally skip some conversations beetween characters quite a bit, but when they start talking dont cli

• Is it just me, or does Harys look a little like Sean Bean's Eddard Stark?

Also we know names of some of the Whitehill soldiers; Harys - Gryffs personal bodyguard And this little cupcake is named Fegg (huh, more like Fagg, huhuhaha... im sorry)

• I think "Ser" is a way of setting Westeros apart from Medieval Europe. Or I heard somewhere that Sir comes from sire meaning that he has land, or something that makes him stand above the peasentary, while Ser just means someone who has been knighted.

I know this isn't a question thread, but I didn't want to create a whole new thread for such a small thing and there are a lot of knowledgeable users here. Anyways, why is it "Ser" instead of "Sir"?

• About Beshka's story, she also can say in episode 2 (about who last threatened her) she 'crushed his balls with my fist, they made a wet popping noise'.

One can assume this was Volantis, the former Lost Legion commander. As Beshka mentions he (the man who's balls are gone) was a commander.

This would explain The Lost Legion and Tazal's resentment towards Asher and Beshka, as while attempting to kill Beshka, Tazal says 'This is for Volantis'.

One-Eyed Croft may also know of this as he threatens to cut Asher's balls off.

But that's just a theory, a Westeros theory!

From what ive seen people seem to accidentally skip some conversations beetween characters quite a bit, but when they start talking dont cli

• Volantis is a city in Essos, but yeah perhaps Tazal was revenging for someone's crushed balls, who knows :D

About Beshka's story, she also can say in episode 2 (about who last threatened her) she 'crushed his balls with my fist, they made a wet pop

• Theres a lot of human castration in this universe!

About Beshka's story, she also can say in episode 2 (about who last threatened her) she 'crushed his balls with my fist, they made a wet pop

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

True fact: some form of the word "geld" is used 50 times in the ASOIAF novels.

It's kind of a big deal.

Theres a lot of human castration in this universe!

• I wasnt familliar with that, so I looked it up... god damn!

They even have a "gelding knife" :

Alt text

True fact: some form of the word "geld" is used 50 times in the ASOIAF novels. It's kind of a big deal.

• In episode 3, Cersei tells Margaery that she chose 'Rains of Castamere' as the wedding's ballad. This was the same song that was playing during Robb ans Talissa's wedding in the TV show and we know how that ended...

• Geld means money in German...I will never look at my money the same way again.

True fact: some form of the word "geld" is used 50 times in the ASOIAF novels. It's kind of a big deal.

• But it's the most recognizable Lannister song, it would have been weird if it wasn't played during Joffrey's wedding.

Still interesting that this song is almost a death sentence.

In episode 3, Cersei tells Margaery that she chose 'Rains of Castamere' as the wedding's ballad. This was the same song that was playing during Robb ans Talissa's wedding in the TV show and we know how that ended...

• But it's the most recognizable Lannister song, it would have been weird if it wasn't played during Joffrey's wedding

I disagree. NOT playing the song would have been normal. Cersei announcing that she wants to have the song played
    at the wedding of Joffrey and Margaery is meant as a threat to house Tyrell and to Margaery not to forget their place. After all, it is a song about how the Lannisters cruelly murdered every single person belonging to a house rebelling against them. The Tyrell, on the other hand, started as Stewards to a more powerful house, House Gardner, and only rose to power by using the opportunity when the rightful heirs of said house started fighting each other. So, basically Cersei is saying: "I know your history. If you try anything, I´ll have your entire Family slaughtered" with her "playlist".

But it's the most recognizable Lannister song, it would have been weird if it wasn't played during Joffrey's wedding. Still interesting that this song is almost a death sentence.

• Alt text

Can we please put his beard back on? He looks...uhrm...Down right creepy.... I mean holy shit! He is so creepy without his beard!

• edited April 2015

Yes the song is about Reynes being slaughtered, but usually it's just used as a song to praise Tywin or the Lannisters in general. The Red Wedding was it's own thing of course, and yeah maybe Cersei does want to say something with it to Marg. However Tywin has just won the war against the Northerners and his grandson gets married - I don't think there would need to be anymore reason than that for Rains of Castamere being played.

Fomf75 posted: »

But it's the most recognizable Lannister song, it would have been weird if it wasn't played during Joffrey's wedding I disagree. NOT

• In Episode 3, just after Joffrey dies, a slower variant of 'Chaos Is a Ladder' is played. A little nod as to who was behind his death.

• and Gryff be like:

Alt text

everyone be speaking like:

• Nice mustache, o-o

Wow, good eyes 0.o

• I know right? XD

Mira runs funny.

• Thanks, I'm working on it

Nice mustache, o-o

• Are you rejecting the grandeur of The Beard?

Not this again!

• "Chaos" hmmm Chaos theory lis with Episode 4 Got confirmed

Davissons posted: »

In Episode 3, just after Joffrey dies, a slower variant of 'Chaos Is a Ladder' is played. A little nod as to who was behind his death.

• Yes.

fallandir posted: »

Are you rejecting the grandeur of The Beard?

• If you swear loyalty to the king in Episode 1, but say [We'll do as Margaery wishes] in Episode 3 to Cersei, she will mention your "swings of loyalty."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tlFvZkhCGQ

Go to 35:12

• This is kind of obvious, but Sera is from the Reach, hence the Flowers as her name.

• I thought she was Dothraki! :o

This is kind of obvious, but Sera is from the Reach, hence the Flowers as her name.

• Depending on which region you are from, all known bastards who are born to a noble in Westeros use a specific surname as listed below:

◾ Flowers: The Reach
    ◾ Hill: The Westerlands
    ◾ Pyke: Iron Islands
    ◾ Rivers: The Riverlands
    ◾ Sand: Dorne
    ◾ Snow: The North
    ◾ Stone: The Vale of Arryn
    ◾ Storm: The Stormlands
    ◾ Waters: The Crownlands

Those that are lowborns do not always use these are they seldom use surnames anyhow. These names are used to mark bastards as some kind of social disgrace, which is why Sera hides her name and wants to be married ASAP.

• Both posts talking about bastards and Sera....

Alt text

sunfell posted: »

Depending on which region you are from, all known bastards who are born to a noble in Westeros use a specific surname as listed below: ◾

• edited April 2015

I noticed that most people (myself included) didnt snitch on Cotter about the knife... Whether you lie or tell the truth, in the beggining of Ep.3 Cotter or Finn will be nice to you and one will be a massive dickhole...

If you wanna see what happens if you are an enemy with Finn, you can find it in pretty much every playtrough on youtube... But here is what happens if Cotter is an arsehole to you (after 12 mins):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viN7KGW-tj0

So, you know, (puts on a whiny voice) "Choices dont matter"! Sorry, no offense meant to anyone...

Also I wanna say that for me in Ep.2 I liked Cotter and hated Finn but in the third episode I kinda felt the other way around...

• "Fucking pigs"

Potatos, pigs... Variety of tastes they have at the Wall...

I noticed that most people (myself included) didnt snitch on Cotter about the knife... Whether you lie or tell the truth, in the beggining o

• Dat mustache, he'll use it to protect the house o°o

Golthar posted: »

If you pick Duncan as Sentinel and choose [Help Duncan] instead of [Punch Gryff] near the end of the episode, he'll give you this adorable smile.

• He's called Frostfinger because he's missing two fingers on his left hand, presumably due to frostbite.

fallandir posted: »

That's cool. Obviously "Frostfinger" isn't a name that a mother would give to her child, even in the world full of all those complicated names.

• In ep. 3 if you sided with Finn in ep. 2 when Jon "makes" you forgive Cotter there's no option to be mad at him D: So you have to be Cotter friend no matter what.

• edited April 2015

You can later give up that he is a wildling... we will have to see how that plays out...

In ep. 3 if you sided with Finn in ep. 2 when Jon "makes" you forgive Cotter there's no option to be mad at him So you have to be Cotter friend no matter what.

• ...Yes, I know that.

mrkite posted: »

He's called Frostfinger because he's missing two fingers on his left hand, presumably due to frostbite.

• When Frostfinger has his speech in the beggining of Ep.3, when he says "Youre all brothers now", he says something different depending on who is your friend (Cotter or Finn)... If Cotter is your enemy then he says "Might be that even the man next to you saves your life" and then he and Gared look at eachother... If Finn is your enemy he says the same thing but he adds "or maybe you will save his"... FORESHADOWING Mebe? or mybe just a mistake in dialogue?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.