Stranded: interactive story

Comments

• [go above deck]

This is a great start, I'm looking forward to the next!

mr.quality posted: »

chapter 1 Samantha Bishop Samantha walked down the dock she was on her way to the Olympus, the ship that would bring her across to the

• edited January 2015

[Go above deck]

I'm really liking this so far.

chapter 1 Samantha Bishop Samantha walked down the dock she was on her way to the Olympus, the ship that would bring her across to the

• [got to the on board shops/ cafes.]

Excellent Chapter!!!

• Thank you for the comment, I will try harder to remember to capitalize properly. I just forget sometimes since my tablet does it automatically while my laptop dosent.

[go above deck] Great first part! Glad to see that Sammy got introduced so early I really like your writing, it was definitely fun to

• Go above deck

Awesome! Really looking forward for more :>

• [Go above deck]

• chapter 2

Samantha bishop

Samantha decided to head above deck to watch the shore disappear, she could always go shopping later. She walked through the hallway, which was crowded with First Class passengers rushing their ways to their room. A few of them gave her a strange look, but she was used to it, she never really fit in with the First Class snobs, she was to much of a tomboy. She saw something odd though, a man who didn't look like crew, or even First class entered a service hallway. Passengers cant use those hallways since there locked, you'd have to be a Crew member to get a key to open those doors. But she ignored him, thinking he was just a crew member not in uniform. soon she entered onto the deck, where currently a man in a uniform was mopping up vomit. She ignored this fact to and headed to her favorite spot, the bow. The deck was currently packed with people waving goodbye and cheering, but soon it would all calm down and Samantha would be relatively alone. Someone yelled an order and the ship lurched forward, slowly creeping away from the docks being chaperoned by small tugboats that guided it out into the open waters. Such a beautiful sight, leaving the city for the high seas.

Soon, as predicted, the commotion calmed down and people left to do other things. Only a few people had stayed behind on the bow, others had moved to mid-deck or down into the shops on the ship. She leaned against the railing and enjoyed the smell of the sea and the sound of the waves.

"sure is lovely". she heard a man say, She was surprised. She hadn't seen him earlier, but a man with brown eyes and short black hair was standing next to her.

"My names Armando, Armando Gonzales." He continued reaching his hand out for a handshake.

"I'm Samantha, Samantha Bishop." Samantha said shaking his hand.

"Ah, I've heard all about you. You brother Marcus is Quite...informative." He said.

"I'm sure he is. Why were you even talking to him?'' Samantha asked.

"I'm looking for a certain individual." He replied.

"who?" Samantha asked.

"His name is Jake Kutcher, a, uh..." he stopped and looked around making sure no one was around. "You cant tell anyone I told you, but from what your brother said you seem pretty trustworthy. Is that true?'' Samantha nodded yes and he continued "Jake Kutcher is a criminal, a petty thief and murderer. I'm here looking for him. If you know anything. Anything, please tell me. We need this guy behind bars before he kills someone else." he finished.

Samantha thought then recalled the incident earlier. " I did see something odd..." She said looking to Armando, he urged her to continue. " I was walking in the first class hallway, and saw a man enter the service hallway. He didn't look like crew." she said.

"In the service hallway... Fuck. that means he could be anywhere in the bowels of the ship waiting to ambush any crew down there. look, stay safe, go to your room, contact the captain and inform her on what's happening. but tell her to keep it secret, we don't need to cause panic if its not him." He said, as he turned and ran back towards the First class halls. Samantha obeyed and went to her room, it was extremely hot in there as the heat was on for some reason. She tried to turn on the AC but it didn't work. She walked over to the phone and rang up the bridge and told the captain everything Armando had told her, finishing with the fact that the AC was broken. Angelica promised she would get it under control and send someone to fix the AC. Now, once again Samantha was alone, and it was getting a round time to eat. she could disobey Armando and go out to eat, or stay in here and eat something out of the minifridge. Nothing better for lunch than whatever Marcus didn't eat.

choice

[stay in room]

[go out to eat]

• [go out to eat]

Awesome Chapter!!!

chapter 2 Samantha bishop Samantha decided to head above deck to watch the shore disappear, she could always go shopping later. She wa

• [go out to eat]

I'm really liking this buildup :D

chapter 2 Samantha bishop Samantha decided to head above deck to watch the shore disappear, she could always go shopping later. She wa

• [Stay in room]

• Go out to eat

• [go out to eat]

Great story

• [go out to eat]

• [Go out to eat]

• chapter 3

Santiago Gonzales

"Good job, I mean, that was amazing dude." Santiago said to Lucas, who had thrown up all over the deck earlier. at this time he was clutching a trash can looking a little green.

"Oh, Stuff it." Lucas replied, spitting into the trash can.

"I mean, even the captain was looking." Santiago sarcastically remarked.

"Your so annoying." Lucan replied.

"Man, I was just joking around." Santiago said.

"I'm getting hungry." said Daniel, who until now had been silent and engaged in a riveting episode of Dragon Ball Z.

"Of course you are, and I'm not going out there." Lucas said.

"Santiago, take your Fratello out to lunch. There's cafes all over the place and lunch in the dinning hall." Santiago's mother,Patricia, said.

"But Mamma-" Santiago began.

"No 'but's' Santiago, now go get lunch." Patricia said. "And bring something back for me and Lucas while your at it, Per Favore."

Santiago knew better than to argue, he grabbed his wallet and headed out of the room with Daniel following.

"Where do you want to go?" Santiago asked.

"Why not that Café on the second floor?" Daniel said.

"There all on the second floor, Tonto" Santiago said. He loved to pick on his brothers, although he never meant it in a mean way. But regardless they made their way down to the second floor, where the place was made up like a mall of sorts. Lots of shops and restaurants dotted the floors, second and third. although most of the food joints were on the second floor, shops resided on the third floor. They walked until the found a restaurant that looked suitable. some Italian restaurant that looked like it wasn't to busy. They were seated at a table near the back and a waiter brought them menus. It didn't take long for the restaurant to fill up, the lunchtime hour brought people flocking in. Soon, all the tables were full. The waiter brought out the foods and drinks, and they began to eat. Not long after they began to eat, someone approached their table. She appeared to be around 20, with brown hair and beautiful blue eyes.

"Hey, um, all the tables here are taken. would you guys mind if I sat here?" she asked.

choice

[allow her to sit with you]

[decline]

if any of you have any comments, id be glad to hear them. I'm trying to do the best I can, but I have a horrible ringing in my ears right now that makes it hard to concentrate. Thanks.

• [allow her to sit with you]

Awesome Chapter!!!! What happened to your ear?

chapter 3 Santiago Gonzales "Good job, I mean, that was amazing dude." Santiago said to Lucas, who had thrown up all over the deck ear

• [Allow her to sit with you]

Good job. And sorry about that ringing man. Get better soon!

chapter 3 Santiago Gonzales "Good job, I mean, that was amazing dude." Santiago said to Lucas, who had thrown up all over the deck ear

• Thanks, and I have no idea. It started yesterday and got worse, it only happens occasionally but its getting more often. Its probably nothing g to worry about.

supersagig posted: »

[allow her to sit with you] Awesome Chapter!!!! What happened to your ear?

• Thank you, and thank you!

[Allow her to sit with you] Good job. And sorry about that ringing man. Get better soon!

• I hope that you fell better soon

Thanks, and I have no idea. It started yesterday and got worse, it only happens occasionally but its getting more often. Its probably nothing g to worry about.

• [allow her to sit with you]

• Allow her to sit with you

Great work!

• edited January 2015

Ah, I know that kind of ringing. Hope you get better soon!

Very nice chapter!

• edited January 2015

I hate saying this but Gonzalez is a Spanish name and "per favore" and "fratello" (not starting with capital letter) are Italian. "Tonto" (not starting with a capital letter) is Spanish. I'm not saying you made a mistake and I know that the Gonzalez Family speak Spanish AND Italian, but I must point stuff out for you to correct if you make a mistake (especially in Latin languages).

Anywho, nice story!

Edit: Fratello (brother) and sorella (sister) in Spannish are hermano (brother) and hermana (sister). Per favore in Spannish is por favor. Tonto in Italian is scemo (pronounced shemo).

• Thanks, I'll take it into account next time. I only did Italian because its what I read first in the character bio.

FauDeef posted: »

I hate saying this but Gonzalez is a Spanish name and "per favore" and "fratello" (not starting with capital letter) are Italian. "Tonto" (n

• chapter 4

Santiago Gonzales

"Sure, you can sit with us." Santiago said to the woman.

"Thank you," she said taking a seat next to Santiago. " My names Samantha."

"I'm Santiago and this is my brother Daniel." Santiago said. The waiter showed up and took Samantha's order.

"So, you travel much?" Santiago asked.

"Yes, I travel a lot actually. My brother is First Mate on the ship." Samantha said.

"You travel for work?" Santiago asked.

"Eh, not really. I'm an actor." She said.

"Hey, Samantha-" Santiago began but was cut short.

"Samantha? I told you to stay in your room. Wait, Santiago, Daniel?" Santiago knew this voice well. It was Armando, his dad.

"Armando? what are you doing here?" Samantha asked. Santiago himself was surprised to see his father.

"I asked first. I gave you a direct order to stay in your room." Armando said. "And you two," He looked over at Santiago and Daniel. "We talked about this, you don't go out without me or your mother."

"What were we supposed to do? Starve until you got back?" Santiago said.

"Look, I don't have time for this. just finish here and get back to the room." Armando said. "You to Samantha"

"Your not my father." Samantha said.

"Just do it, we cant argue forever." A new voice said, a man in a crew uniform. the first mate. " Please just this once."

"Fine, but you owe me." Samantha said.

"Thank you." the first mate said and he and Armando rushed into the kitchen.

"What was that about?" Daniel asked, looking up from his food.

"Nothing, just finish eating." Santiago said.

this was annoying, everything was always about this ' Jake Kutcher' guy.

"Well, ill be going. wouldn't want to upset Marcus." Samantha said. "Thanks for the food."

Samantha got up from the table and walked lout of the restaurant with a laugh before Santiago realized what was happening.

"Wait! You didn't pay for your food." Santiago said, but it was to late she walked away and he was stuck with the bill.

Johnny Hardship

Down Below all the passengers and commotion was where he resides, here in the heart of the ship where only a select few crew members went. mostly mechanics like himself. the constant hum of the giant engines powering the ship filled the air, Johnny didn't like loud noises but tolerated this one. Johnny was doing a routine check of the engine, everything seemed to be in order so he pulled the radio off his belt.

"Engines Two, Three, and Four clear. Engine One under further inspection. Suspected clog in the air filter." He said.

"Copy. how long will it take to fix?" The captains voice said.

"hmm, Twenty minutes tops." He responded.

"Copy, I've received a complaint about an AC failure. Could you check that out?" the captain responded.

"Yeah. I'm on it." Johnny said putting the radio back on his belt and moving through the maze of hallways towards the HVAC unit. He noticed a shadowy figure that didn't look like crew slip into a corridor near him. He pulled out the radio.

"Um, I think we have a security breach below decks in corridor three." He said.

"Copy, security on the way." The captain responded.

Johnny looked down the corridor but the lights were out and he couldn't see anything, he flipped a light switch and the lights still didn't come on.

"Great, an electric failure in corridor three." he mumbled to himself, he'd deal with that later. right now he was nearing the HVAC unit. he threw the metal door open and walked in. He did a routine inspection but found nothing odd, until he stepped into a tar-like substance on the floor.

"Someone needs to learn to clean up after themselves." he grumbled unhappily. then he noticed the footprints. Black footprints headed just out of view behind a large machine, Why would someone be behind the machine? probably better check it out. He followed the footprints behind the machine and at first saw nothing. But then a red flash lit up the darkness. Johnny pulled a flashlight out of his pocket and shined it on where the flash came form, then he saw it. A small metal box was wedged behind the machine, with tubes protruding into the AC pipes.

"This looks bad." Johnny said.

It flashed again, it seemed to be flashing quicker now.

"Shit, I don't have much time." Johnny thought, I could just take it off or I could radio it in in wait for someone else.

Choice

[take out the box]

[radio it in and wait]

• [take out the box]

chapter 4 Santiago Gonzales "Sure, you can sit with us." Santiago said to the woman. "Thank you," she said taking a seat next to Sa

• Don't worry. I don't want you to be a really good writer, I want you to be a perfect writer.

Thanks, I'll take it into account next time. I only did Italian because its what I read first in the character bio.

• [radio it in and wait]

chapter 4 Santiago Gonzales "Sure, you can sit with us." Santiago said to the woman. "Thank you," she said taking a seat next to Sa

• [radio it in and wait]

At least the ships' crew can't say that Johnny didn't warn anybody.

• [take out the box]

• Take out the box

Awesome!

• [Allow her to sit with you]

Ah, I've always hated the ringing. Hope you feel better soon!

• Johnny Hardship

"May as well just take the thing out." He said to himself as he moved closer to the box, The box was no constantly flashing red. Johnny definitely didn't like that. He shined his flashlight on the object trying to figure out how it was attached to the HVAC machine, it looked to only be strapped into place with some duct tape. Johnny grabbed the tape and yanked it, it came off relatively easy. But the box was still attached to the pipe, he looked at the box and the pipe. the box only seemed to be connected by two tubes that punctured the AC pipe. He didn't see any other way to do it, so he grabbed to box and pulled it. The box came free fairly easy, and now left in his hands was a rapidly flashing box with tubes. Fun. Johnny was beginning to wonder what to do with it when it made a loud hissing sound. The light on the box froze solid red, and it produced a cloud of gas. Johnny tried to cover his mouth but was to late, he got a lung full of the gas. It burned his lungs and seared his throat, he began violently coughing and was unable to stop. Then, Everything went black.

Italo Buonatesta

Ah, third class. Something the rich people in their giant rooms and fancy cloths wouldn't understand. All they need to know is how to cash a check, they didn't have to know how to survive or how to do honest work. Something he had done his whole life, yet he was looked down upon as a "lower class scum". Just some of the things that crossed Italos mind as he enjoyed a delicious sandwich. Him and his room mate for this cruise,Mark Cornelius who was a cop, were in the middle of a riveting game of poker. Italo himself wasn't much into it, but the old man loved it. In fact, Mark had won most of the games they'd played.

"It'd be great if the damn AC would work." Mark grumbled, the AC had been broken almost since the time the ship left the dock. Quite annoying.

"I guess its what you get for booking third class." Italo replied, just for emphasis he reached over and punched the non-working AC unit. To his surprise the machine sputtered to life and blasted Italo with cool air. The surprise almost made him fall out of his chair.

"Holy shit, didn't think that would work..." Italo said, looking over at the AC unit that was now working as if it was never broken.

"Strange... Now, on with the game." Mark said. "And by the way, you don't have a very good poker face."

Marty Aaron

Marty was in a good mood, his favorite song playing on his IPod, The sun was shining over the Atlantic, and he'd been able to avoid assholes all day. But best of all, he'd be able to see his girlfriend again in only a few days. He was lucky to be aboard the Olympus, it was one of the biggest, most luxurious, and fastest ships in the waters. It was capable of crossing the Atlantic in only three days. Today was a Friday, so on Monday the ship would dock in Georgia, and he'd be on his way to meet his girlfriend. Nothing could bring him down today. As he walked towards the bow of the ship, he looked over the side of the ship into the water. It was a beautiful day, the water was mostly calm, the sun reflected off the water and into Marty's eyes making him divert his gaze. He continued walking, this ship was a lot better than his office. he was nearing the bow when out of the corner of his eye, something caught his attention. two men were emerging from the service hallway, they were carrying something between them. One of the men shifted allowing Marty to see what they were carrying, or WHO they were carrying. An old man in a greasy blue uniform with messy white hair hung limply between the two other men, the old mans face was pale and Marty thought he saw blood coming out of the guys mouth. Whatever happened to this guy was pretty serious, He knew he should help, he loved helping people it was who he was. He didn't like seeing people hurt or in need, and that old man definitely qualified as 'in need'. But as much as it pained him, part of him didn't want to help. He didn't want to get caught up in all that drama, but still...

choice

[help out]

[walk away]

• Help out

Johnny Hardship "May as well just take the thing out." He said to himself as he moved closer to the box, The box was no constantly flashi

• [walk away]

Awesome Chapter!!!!

Johnny Hardship "May as well just take the thing out." He said to himself as he moved closer to the box, The box was no constantly flashi

• [walk away] - Nothing to see here, move along. >:3

• [help out]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.