Stranded: interactive story

Comments

• Thank you, I'm kinda at an impasse here, I can't move forward until I have at least one more security guard who is female. But, if I don't get any characters your welcome to make some! :)

I think I feel like bumping this... Nobody wants to create another character? Well, if by tomorrow you still need one more character, I'd help out, even though I normally don't like creating that many characters.

• I recommend doing some characters of your own or just simply put un-submitted characters to the story if you need some.

mr.quality posted: »

Thanks! I just need 1-2 more and I can start! @supersagig @finlander @NoHopeLeft @Raging_Blades Come down and submit characters!

• I might end up doing that, but I'm going to wait to see if anyone wants to submit.

finlander posted: »

I recommend doing some characters of your own or just simply put un-submitted characters to the story if you need some.

• Name: Kathryn Wizzneck

Class: Crew

Appearance: With lightly tanned skin and and a serious expression covering her face, Kathryn is typically intimidating and negligent then most women. She wears her uniform nearly all the time.

Likes: Her job, serious people, sometimes a joke, helping others for her job, and classical music.

Dislikes: People who aren't serious in serious situations, Benjamin.

Job: Security Guard

Skills: Is one of the longest members of the crew on the ship, so she knows the ship quite well. Kathryn is strong, but not extremely muscled.

Relations: While she does talk to her colleagues, she takes her job extremely seriously and rarely converses with them.

Other Info: I'm not that great at making characters. :(

Hope this helps!

• I would, but I don't have time atm

I might end up doing that, but I'm going to wait to see if anyone wants to submit.

• Thanks! I'll be able to start a new chapter after school today!

Name: Kathryn Wizzneck Age: 29 Class: Crew Appearance: With lightly tanned skin and and a serious expression covering her face, Kat

• Its OK, I already got the charterer I needed. I'll get a new part up after school.

I would, but I don't have time atm

• Andre O'Brian

Andre didn't much like his current situation. He was somewhere on the ship with two other security guards, Benjamin and Katheryn, and a blind girl, Samantha.

"How are we going to get out of here?" Asked Benjamin, who's suit had definitely seen better days.

"I don't know. Look for anything that could help." Andre said looking around. They were in a large room, boxes and crates everywhere. "So, were obviously in the cargo hold. " He said.

"Great. But how does that help us?" Katheryn asked, she was wearing her uniform. As always.

"We'll at least we know where we are.'' Andre said.

"If you know where we are they know where we are, right?" Samantha asked, she obviously was scared but wasn't letting it show.

"I'd love to say yes, but they don't necessarily know where we are. And I'd prefer not sitting around waiting for that guy to come back." Andre said. Suddenly Andre heard footsteps behind him.

"Speak of the devil, and he will come." Benjamin said. Andre knew that meant that guy was back, not help.

"AH, I see you all have awaken! I suppose you have mad friends while I was gone. Guess what happened while I was out there." The man said, he looked around like someone was going to play games with him even though he'd just kidnapped everyone here. "Hmmp, fine. But anyways, I got you guys doughnuts!" He said, sounding exited. he held out a bag, which did indeed have doughnuts.

"Whoa, hold up there. Where are we and why are we here?" Benjamin asked.

"Oh, sorry about the suit, but anyways. You all we dangerous." He said.

"Dangerous?" Benjamin asked

"You were getting to close to Jake, I couldn't let that happen." He said. Benjamin opened his mouth to say something but instead of talking he got a powdered sugar doughnut in his mouth. Benjamin contemplated for a moment then ate it. for the first time Andre realized how hungry he was. The man put a doughnut in Katheryn's mouth, who had no qualms about eating it. Next was Andre, it wasn't much but a doughnut was food. The man walked over to Samantha and grabbed out a doughnut. She muttered something under her breath.

"What was that?" The man asked. Samantha muttered again.

"Your going to have to speak up" He said, leaning in so he could hear her.

"I Fucking Hate You!" Samantha screamed and head-butted the guy. He stumbled backwards and tripped over a box. He jumped up suddenly, and marched over to Samantha.

"I gave you doughnuts and this is how you thank me?" He yelled.

"Heh, its more than you deserve." Samantha said.

"Your going to regret that." He said.

"Really?" Samantha said, instead of an answer she got a punch in the jaw.

"Stop it!" Katheryn yelled to no avail, the man continued to punch Samantha until her entire face was bloodied. Then he stood and faced the rest.

"Unless you want to end up like her, you will obey." He said in a stern voice.

"Go fuck yourself..." Samantha said, spitting blood.

"You just want to make it worse, don't you." The man said turning to face Samantha.

"I want-" She began but was cut short by a boot in her face. Samantha's body went limp, at this time Andre felt a pain in his wrists. He'd been pulling on his restraints trying to get them off so hard that they'd begun to cut into his wrists.

"It's going to be such a good feeling when I kill you, I hope you know that." Andre said through gritted teeth. The man turned towards him.

"Good luck." He said then marched out of the room. Andre looked at the limp bloody body of Samantha. Why did you have to do that? One way or another, I'm getting you out of here. Alive.

Andre looked around for anything useful, then spotted something he should've seen a long time ago. A snag in the bar that was sharp enough to cut through these bindings before that guy got back. Andre quickly moved to the snag and began working on cutting through the bindings.

Armando Gonzales

So, there had to be better ways to find out what was going on but this was the easiest way. Armando had told his family he was sick and going to the infirmary. The last part wasn't a lie, but he wasn't sick. Armando had hidden in the infirmary for the past few days trying to piece together what was happening. Then, when he thought he finally figured it out, A navy medic showed up and was attacked by what used to be a human, not really anymore. After that incident he left the infirmary and went on the deck where only a few minutes later he watched a navy cruiser blow a boat out of the water. That brought him to now, Trying to make sense of what happened. How could this just happen? Armando saw someone walking along the deck, he recognized the face. Marty Aaron. Armando walked over to Marty.

"Hey Marty, have you noticed anything odd?" He asked.

"Hmm, you mean besides the fact that we've been boarded by the US navy and people are dropping like flys? Nope,nothing odd." Marty said

"I'm just trying to figure out whats happening." Armando said.

"I think we all are." Marty said. "I overheard some security officers say something about missing people, three officers plus a passenger have gone missing."

"That's great, but it doesn't really help us." Armando said.

"Yeah, but still. Anyway, how's that guy we helped?" Marty asked.

"He's dead. But you gave me an idea." Armando said.

"Dude, you cant just say someones dead and move forward like that." Marty said.

"Yeah, well if we don't do anything a lot more are going to join him." Armando said

"Gosh... What was your plan?" Marty asked.

"We found that guy in the HVAC room, we never got a chance to search the room we could go down there and look around for any clues." Armando said.

"Just what I didn't want you to say. I am not going down there, no way, no how." Marty answered.

"What good is it going to do to sit around and wait for something to happen?" Armando said.

"What good is it going to do to go down there and get whatever that guy got?" Marty said.

"We could sneak into the armory, they have gasmasks in case they need to use tear gas. We could use those." Armando said.

"What if they don't work?" Marty asked.

"Then were dead, but were dead if we just sit around doing nothing to." Armando said.

choice

[Go to the HVAC alone]

[insist Marty come with you]

• Insist Marty come with you

Andre O'Brian Andre didn't much like his current situation. He was somewhere on the ship with two other security guards, Benjamin and Kat

• edited February 2015

[insist Marty come with you]

Sammys situation keeps getting worse, but it's good to see she isn't loosing her spirit. This guy just has to die painfully.

Andre O'Brian Andre didn't much like his current situation. He was somewhere on the ship with two other security guards, Benjamin and Kat

• your main goal is to see this guy die isn't it. lol.

[insist Marty come with you] Sammys situation keeps getting worse, but it's good to see she isn't loosing her spirit. This guy just has to die painfully.

• My main goal would be to get her out alive. But if this guy suffers a bit in the meantime, I'm perfectly fine with it :D

your main goal is to see this guy die isn't it. lol.

• [Go to the HVAC alone]

Great chapter, it's getting little brutal. D:

• [insist Marty come with you]

• [shoot 'em up]

[let him burn]

Awesome Chapter!!!!!!!

Armando Gonzales "Come on, I wouldn't have asked you to come if I didn't think it was important." Armando said waiting for an answer.

• Armando Gonzales

"Come on, I wouldn't have asked you to come if I didn't think it was important." Armando said waiting for an answer.

"Fine, but if I die I am totally going to kill you if I die." Marty said.

"Your not going to die, Lets go" Armando said while walking away.

"So, this murder on the ship. What are we going to do?" Marty asked.

"Well, now that everyone on the damn ship knows about it he most likely will go in to hiding so we cant find him." Armando said, he'd come so far and gotten so close only to have his chance taken away by a damn news broadcast. Armando used his key card and opened the crew hallway. He was given a key card by the crew so he could find Jake easier, but it didn't really help. After a few minutes of traveling through the hallways they reached the HVAC room. The door was wide open and a light was on, that's strange. They usually keep that door shut and the light off. Armando heard a voice from inside the room and froze, but Marty didn't and continued moving forward until he was in the doorway.

"Oh shit! Armando, someone's in here!" He said a little loud.

"Fuck! What do we do now?" A voice yelled from inside the room, Marty began backing away. "HEY! Don't move!"

"They cant know what were doing here. We-we, uh, have to tie up all loose ends." Another voice spoke, female.

"Hey, hey, just take it easy. Put down the guns, and we can talk about this." Marty said, his voice quivering. No answer came but Armando heard the sound of a gun cocking.

"Fuck! Get out of there!" Armando yelled a little late. A burst of gunfire came from the room and one moment later, Marty lay on the floor shot to pieces not moving, not breathing.

"Did you hear that? Someone else is in here." The male said.

"Well, go find out." The female said. Armando pressed himself against the wall, He saw a barrel of a gun coming out of the door way. Without any hesitation or thought Armando grabbed the gun and yanked it out of the guys hand, luckily he wasn't expecting it because he let go of the gun pretty easily. Armando spun around the doorway and placed the gun on the man, right on his forehead. He looked scared to death.

"Put down the gun!" The woman yelled.

"Don't do anything stupid" The man said. Armando saw the woman grabbing for her rifle, he only had seconds to react.

choice

[shoot 'em up]

[run away!]

Andre O'Brian

Snap, The bindings broke off and his hands were free. He walked over to Benjamin and untied his bindings, Benjamin stood.

"Thanks, lets get moving." He said starting to untie Katheryn's hands. Andre walked over to Samantha and untied her hands, her face was bloody, bruised, and a little swollen. But it didn't look to serious.

"Katheryn, you stay here with Samantha. Me and Benjamin are going to look around." Andre said, scanning the room. Nothing but boxes and crates. Benjamin walked over to a box and kicked it.

"What do we do now?" Benjamin asked. Andre looked at the box Benjamin kicked, something was poking out of it.

"Open that box, I want to see whats in it." Andre said, Benjamin ripped the box open and pulled out its contents. A Semi-automatic rifle and multiple magazines to go with it.

"How did this get on board the ship?" Benjamin asked. Andre looked around.

"Shit..." He muttered under his breath.

"What is it?" Benjamin asked.

"Were not on the Olympus anymore." Andre said.

"What?" Benjamin asked.

"Take a look around, This ship has the markings of a US navy ship." Andre said walking over to a nearby crate, sure enough it was marked with the seal of the US navy. Out of spite Andre ripped the box open to reveal multiple M-4 rifles and more magazines, plus a Berretta 92 pistol.

"GUYS!" Kathryn yelled, without thinking Andre picked up one of the M-4's and put a mag in it. He ran around the maze of boxes to Katheryn.

"What? What happened?" Andre asked.

"I saw something over there. It- IT didn't look human..." She said, pointing towards a pile of boxes.

"Don't worry, i'll check it out." Andre said, not human? Andre thought, Kathryn is pretty thought but the stress is getting to her. Never the less, he walked towards the boxes There was nothing behind them. He turned and faced Katheryn.

"There's nothing out here!'' Andre called. All he got was a very worried look on Katheryn's face.

"Behind you!" She yelled, Andre turned around and saw a man. NO, that's not a man this guy's skin was a tint of blue and in the darkness the guys eyes seemed to glow. The figure turned and looked at Andre. Andre was blown away by the mans appearance, he was a navy sailor. His hair was plastered to his forehead, his face turning blue with his veins bulging out of his neck, His eyes were green. But not a regular green, this was the kind of green you'd see on a Neon sign. The figure began coming towards Andre with a half-run half-limp.

"Stop! Don't come any closer!" Andre yelled. The figure did not stop. Andre fire three shots hitting the figure in the chest each time, the thing kept running a few more steps then collapsed and quit moving.

"What the hell are these things" He said backing away. Andre returned to Kathryn and noticed Benjamin was missing.

"Wheres Benjamin?" He asked

"I don't know, he hasn't come back yet." Katheryn asked.

"Fuck, we got to find him. What if there are more of those things out here?" Andre asked, at that moment the intercom came on.

"Congratulations. You have successfully completed your tutorial, and fallen directly into my trap. Now for what I like to call, trail by fire. I've captured your friend Benjamin, and if you don't complete the task, He gets burnt to a crisp plus you die. If you complete the task, I let him go and you move to the next trial. Sounds like fun right? Now, you have a choice to either play the game or burn him alive. I'm sure there will be death either way, one more than the other definitely. You see, you can save him and put ALL of your lives in danger or leave him and put HIS life in the graveyard. So, how humane are you to your fellow officers. Do you value his life more that the three of yours? You have one minute to decide how many of you are sent to Davy Jones' locker." The voice said, on the far side of the room a light turned on and Andre saw Benjamin tied to a stake struggling to get loose. A Digital clock appeared on the wall counting down from one minute.

choice

[play the games]

[let him burn]

• Wow, your a fast reader.

Thanks!

supersagig posted: »

[shoot 'em up] [let him burn] Awesome Chapter!!!!!!!

• [Shoot 'em up!]

[play the games]

Armando Gonzales "Come on, I wouldn't have asked you to come if I didn't think it was important." Armando said waiting for an answer.

• Thanks!

[shoot 'em up] [let him burn] Amazing work

• [shoot 'em up]

[let him burn]

Amazing work

• edited February 2015

Damn it, poor Marty... Again, it was an amazing part! This story is getting so thrilling...

[shoot 'em up]

That was the easier choice in this part...

[let him burn]

And that was the harder one. I had to think for a while over this one and actually changed my vote several times while thinking about it. I can't even guarantee that I will stick with this, since it is an extremely hard choice for me. In the end, I think the games sound extremely dangerous, considering Katheryn is likely busy carrying the unconscious Samantha, which would leave Andre to do all the job alone. On the other hand I really don't want Benjamin to just burn like this... But I see the games as too dangerous for an alternative. Considering that Benjamins survival isn't guaranteed when Andre plays the games and considering that I don't trust the sympathizer at all, I see it as too big of a risk to take.

• Wow, you definitely Put some hight into this. Lets hope it turns out good! :3

Damn it, poor Marty... Again, it was an amazing part! This story is getting so thrilling... [shoot 'em up] That was the easier choice

• [Shoot 'em up]

[Play the games]

• Armando Gonzales

No thinking, just reacting. Armando shot once putting a bullet through the man's head and swung the gun left and shot the woman, both of them dropped dead on the spot.

"Oh shit... What did I do?'' Armando said to himself staring at the crimson splatters on the walls. Armando looked down at the lifeless body of Marty.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have pushed you into this." He said turning his attention to the others he shot. Armando walked over to the Mans body and looked at it. The man was laying face down in a pool of his own blood. Armando turned the body over to get a better look. Once the body was on its back Armando saw who he'd shot. The man was wearing US navy fatigues. What the fuck? Why did the navy attack us?

"gah, Shit..." Armando heard someone say. He turned around and saw the woman he shot grabbing her stomach.

"Why did you do this?" Armando asked

"I-I had.. To" She said.

"Why? Who put you up to this? Who told you to do this?" Armando demanded

"They did.... The world.. It isn't the same..." She said.

"What the fuck does that mean? Who is 'they' and what do you mean the world isn't the same?" Armando pushed

Armando didn't get an answer, just a blank stare.

"Tell me dammit!" He yelled as he grabbed her shirt collar. He head imminently slumped forward, still staring. She was dead, and Armando had nothing to go off. He looked around and saw the box he had been looking for, it was laying on a table in pieces. Now everything he had was gone.

** Leon Blackburn**

Just as suspected, everything had gone to hell. Leon was pacing the decks when he saw a group of teenagers hanging around by the railing, nothing odd. But they were talking about some strange cult-like stuff. Leon thought it would be best if he kept his distance. Leon continued down the deck until he got to mid-ship where Johanna was at. Leon noticed Johanna turning in circles like she was trying to find something she'd dropped.

"Hey, you lose something?" Leon asked, Johanna stopped and aimed her gun at him.

"Whoa, what are you doing?" Leon asked.

"Stay back... I'll shoot you! I mean it." She said.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Its me, Leon." He said.

"Leon? Oh, shit. Sorry." She said putting her gun down.

"What's your problem?" Leon asked.

"I don't know. Just something about this ship makes me nervous." She said.

"I saw you turning in circles, what going on?" Leon asked.

"There was a man. Didn't you see him? He was wearing all black. I couldn't see his face." She said.

"Johanna, there was no one here. Whats going on?" He asked again.

"I don't know, I think im losing it. First im seeing things, now im trying to shoot at you." She said.

"Why are you holding your arm like that?" Leon asked noticing Johanna was gripping her arm.

"I don't know, it started hurting after this asshole walked straight into me and it hasn't quit hurting since." She said.

"Let me see it." Leon said, Johanna reluctantly removed her hand. Instantly Leon saw blood. Leon grabbed her sleeve and rolled it up so he could see better. A deep gash was cut into her bicep. It was slightly discolored to and bleeding pretty badly.

"That guy who ran into you, how long ago was it?" Leon asked.

"I don't know, three hours." She said.

"Shit. You should've told someone. This is bad, very bad." Leon said.

"Whats so bad?" She asked.

"Theres a cut on your arm, its pretty deep and its been poisoned. Its been three hours, the poison has already set in." Leon said.

"What do we do? Am I going to die?" She asked

"I cant tell you if your going to die, but theres only two options. And both ways are risky." Leon said.

"yeah? what do we do?" She asked.

"We can either cut the arm off, which probably isn't a good idea on a ship that's been exposed to some sort of virus. Or we could try to treat it with antibiotics, which has no promise of working since its been three hours." Leon explained.

"Which one..." Johanna began but she stopped mid-sentence and collapsed to the deck. Shit, if im going to do something. I got to do it now.

choice

[cut off the arm]

[call in for antibiotics from the ship]

• [Cut off the arm]

The antibiotics won't work for sure, but cutting the arm off is probably going to kill her too, but at least it could help.

Armando Gonzales No thinking, just reacting. Armando shot once putting a bullet through the man's head and swung the gun left and shot th

• [cut off the arm]

I have a feeling she might be infected with this strange virus. If it works similar to a zombie virus, cutting off the infected limb could help

Armando Gonzales No thinking, just reacting. Armando shot once putting a bullet through the man's head and swung the gun left and shot th

• [cut off the arm]

Awesome Chapter!!!!

• [Cut off the arm]

• call in for antibiotics from the ship it`s been too long, She's dead either way. Let's not make her suffer.

• Sorry for the lack of activity, I had engineering club Monday and poultry practice today. I'll try to get a new part up soon, if not today it will be tomorrow. Thanks for being patient.

• http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/91409/forum-snatcher-open-places

Like I promised there will be a new part tonight. BIt not until late.

• Leon Blackburn

Leon glanced at Johanna's body laying on the deck then decided what he should do. He couldn't waste the time, whatever poison was in her had to be stopped at the source. But how? Leon looked at his knife, that wouldn't be enough to cut her arm off. Wait, there's a fire axe on the wall.

Leon ran over to the axe and busted the glass without thinking. The fire alarm went off. No time to waste, he ran back over to Johanna. She still lay still on the deck. When she wakes up, this is definitely going to hurt. Leon hefted the axe and swung downwards, blood flaked his mask. The axe had gone about half way trough. Leon lifted the axe again and swung, severing the arm. Leon looked down as blood pooled around his feet. Leon quickly ripped his shirt sleeve off and used it to wrap the arm. He noticed a man staring at him.

"Do something! Get Some towels, or gauze!" Leon yelled, the man nodded and ran. Hopefully to get the supplies. Leon pulled his radio off his belt.

"USS Gettysburg, this is Leon Blackburn requesting immediate Med-vac for an injured sailor. Over" He spoke into the radio.

"Copy that, our birds are in the air." someone answered. Not a moment later Leon heard the noises of helicopters.

"Hold tight, two minutes out over." A pilot said.

"Copy." Leon said, he felt water hit the back of his neck. He looked up and saw a sky full of dark clouds swirling around him. Lightning flashed with a loud Boom. great, perfect time for a storm. Leon noticed a helicopter approaching fast off the horizon. About 100 meters and closing.

"Attention Leon, prepare for Med-vac." The pilot said again, Leon heard a loud thunk in the background. "What the hell? Shit! He's infected! Ahhh!" The pilot continued. Leon watched in horror as the helicopter spun violently and began to loose altitude. It careened over the Olympus, clipping the radar. The helicopter smashed into the ocean on the opposite side of the ship.

"What the hell happened?" A voice asked, Leon turned around and saw a man with his arms full of towels.

"No time to explain, just give me the towels." Leon demanded. The man obliged and handed Leon the stack of towels. He re-wrapped Johanna's arm in a towel. I need to get her somewhere safe. He thought. wait, the skiff we came over on is still here. I could take that back to the Gettysburg, but what if its just as bad over there?

Rain began pelting the deck, washing the blood away. If i'm going to go out now the sea is going to be pretty choppy.

choice

[stay here]

[go to the Gettysburg]

sorry for the long wait guys. I've been terribly busy all week and today I felt like crap all day. Sorry if the part is crap, like I said I don't feel to good.

• [go to the Gettysburg] - The alarm went off, could be nothing. But I'm gonna go ahead and say it's gonna bring trouble.

Anyway, great chapter!

Leon Blackburn Leon glanced at Johanna's body laying on the deck then decided what he should do. He couldn't waste the time, whatever poi

• [stay here]

Awesome Chapter!!!

Leon Blackburn Leon glanced at Johanna's body laying on the deck then decided what he should do. He couldn't waste the time, whatever poi

• Thanks!

NoHopeLeft posted: »

[go to the Gettysburg] - The alarm went off, could be nothing. But I'm gonna go ahead and say it's gonna bring trouble. Anyway, great chapter!

• No problem, man!

Thanks!

• [stay here]

I think getting aboard the Gettysburg will be very difficult in the Storm and since there has been at least one infected aboard already, I believe there could be even more.

• Stay here

• Andre O'Brian

"I'm sorry, we just cant take that risk. As mush as I hate it, we have to let him go." Andre said.

"I don't like it either, but if its what we have to do we have to do it." Kathryn said, her voice was masked pain.

"Ah, I see you've made your decision. Now for the consequence." A voice boomed over the intercom.

"How dose he know?" Kathryn asked. Andre had no time to answer, he saw a bright flash out of the corner of his eye and turned to look. He saw Benjamin explode into a ball of fire. The burning figure writhed in pain and screamed as the flames melted his skin. It seemed to go on forever until suddenly, it just stopped. Benjamin quit kicking and screaming. He was dead.

"What the fuck! Why?!" Katheryn screamed as the consequences set in.

"I'm sorry, this isn't your fault. We just.. We need to get moving." Andre said.

"Yeah.. Yeah, okay." Katheryn said whipping tears from her eyes. Andre lifted Samantha's body and Kathryn rose to. Andre began to walk through the maze of boxes until he found a door. He through the door open and bright sunlight blinded him....

TO BE CONTINUED

Sign in to comment in this discussion.