Interactive fanfiction "A Brave New World" [FINISHED]

Comments

• edited June 2014

Great chapter and great finale :) You didn't add Bernard to te dead characters ( Bernard :'( )

• I have no clue what I'm feeling right now. Should I be happy? Or should I be sad that so many people are missing? Either way I've got a feeling S2 is gonna depress the shit out of me. Great finale!

• I had a randomly gasp of shock when I saw Unkown for James...Then realised it was the wrong James..And that my character was still dead. (GIVE MY CHARACTER A FUNERAL. GO BACK AND FIND HIS BODY)

Oh and great job on the first season.

CHARACTERS STATUS LIST Alive: Gregory, John, Steve, Ante, Samson Unknown: Tess, Matthew King, Devyn, Brendon James Farron, Eren, Danny

• I'm so excited for S2 I'm even drawing a picture of my new character.

• Pray for Erica .v. Im waiting for her from C3

• 100% agreed that inspiration, talent. [MASTERPIECE]

Does this mean that submission box will be open soon? ALSO THAT WAS EPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Shit...I hope they're okay, they better be. Goddammit, this was a great season. Can't wait for the next one :D

CHARACTERS STATUS LIST Alive: Gregory, John, Steve, Ante, Samson Unknown: Tess, Matthew King, Devyn, Brendon James Farron, Eren, Danny

• SUBMISSION BOX IS OPEN FOR NOW!

Also, I would like to hear some criticism on my fanfic. I would be very pleased if you would scale it from 1 to 10 and write strenghts and weaknesses of my fafnfic. I want to correct all my mistakes in Season 2.

• I submitted my new character, a man named Ivan Dolzhaev. Hopefully he will survive longer than Bradley did :D

I will write a detailed review about your fanfic later, right now I'm at work ;). For now I can tell you that I really enjoyed the fanfic so far.

SUBMISSION BOX IS OPEN FOR NOW! Also, I would like to hear some criticism on my fanfic. I would be very pleased if you would scale it from 1 to 10 and write strenghts and weaknesses of my fafnfic. I want to correct all my mistakes in Season 2.

• My character (Danny) is unknown, I can still submit another one?

SUBMISSION BOX IS OPEN FOR NOW! Also, I would like to hear some criticism on my fanfic. I would be very pleased if you would scale it from 1 to 10 and write strenghts and weaknesses of my fafnfic. I want to correct all my mistakes in Season 2.

• Well for me it's a 10/10

I can't explain it, I'm not a pro critic, but the fact that i checked this discussion every 20 minutes for a new chapter kinda explains it

• No. In EP1CH1 the fate of your character will be known, and if he's dead, you can submit another one.

My character (Danny) is unknown, I can still submit another one?

• edited June 2014

Just a suggestion, but, maybe you can apprehend the character's personality and appearance a bit more? Like, we should get to know the characters more, get attached to them, so their deaths have a bigger impact. :3

• Okay.

No. In EP1CH1 the fate of your character will be known, and if he's dead, you can submit another one.

• edited June 2014

I drew a picture of my character

http://m.imgur.com/rPnnVN3

• This is looking great, ive also submitted a character :)

• Can i submit a new character? Since Erica is unknow, i am doing a new character. Soooo yeah, you can add her when Erica dies or if Erica lives happily and she stays with the group and blah blah blah. I wait you before submitting it

• Wow, it's so pretty!

TWD_25 posted: »

I drew a picture of my character http://m.imgur.com/rPnnVN3

• edited June 2014

Thank you! :)

Crips posted: »

Wow, it's so pretty!

• Yeah, that's a huge problem. But Episodes in Season 2 will have more chapetrs and hopefully there will be more spotlight on the characters. I'll try.

Azlyn posted: »

Just a suggestion, but, maybe you can apprehend the character's personality and appearance a bit more? Like, we should get to know the characters more, get attached to them, so their deaths have a bigger impact.

• Saw some characters already. They're so interesting!

Just a little notice - already two people submitted two characters at once. In the first case they're spouses, and in the second case they're brothers. It's okay, but try not to abuse it. There's actually another problem - there are two characters named Logan. One of them has to change the name.

P.S. The first chapter will be on Thursday. Sorry, but I need some time to think about the plot.

• You can change mine to Paige.

Saw some characters already. They're so interesting! Just a little notice - already two people submitted two characters at once. In the f

• That's okay...Thursday is end of the school year in my country ^^

Saw some characters already. They're so interesting! Just a little notice - already two people submitted two characters at once. In the f

• (?) InKennyWeTrust will remember that.

TWD_25 posted: »

You can change mine to Paige.

• Cool. In my country the school year finished on 30th of May.

Crips posted: »

That's okay...Thursday is end of the school year in my country ^^

• edited June 2014

Waiting for Thursday...

Alt text

• Damn, Elian is dead :/

• Damn my character Michael was intended to be a good guy lol

• Alt text

Damn my character Michael was intended to be a good guy lol

• It's all good I submitted a new character, I loved the way your story has progressed anyway

• I was wanting to ask you, your fanfic is doing quite well and I would like to start my own could you lend me some advice?

• Oh, thank you! You're the second person I inspired to do his own fanfic. I'm flattered, sir.

1. Minimalism is not always good. Try to make your text alive, add different epithets, adjectives, etc. Small and matter-of-fact fanfic won't be interesting. Detailed description of environment and people is important.
    2. But dialogues are even more important. They should be affected by characters' traits, show everyone their emotions. Small details in dialogues should be noticed. Characters' lines must be related to eachother and have at least some sense. Dialogues is probably the biggest part of every chapter.
    3. Inventing so many choices is hard, but make your fantasy work. If every chapter will have more than one matching choice, it's already bad.
    4. Don't repeat my mistakes - don't add a dozen of characters at once if situation doesn't need it. It will make their development too hard.
    5. I'll quote Azlyn here.

Just a suggestion, but, maybe you can apprehend the character's personality and appearance a bit more? Like, we should get to know the characters more, get attached to them, so their deaths have a bigger impact. :3

Nuff said.

I was wanting to ask you, your fanfic is doing quite well and I would like to start my own could you lend me some advice?

• Where do I post my new fanfic I've been kind of confused as to where I need to post it and you're welcome :D

Oh, thank you! You're the second person I inspired to do his own fanfic. I'm flattered, sir. * Minimalism is not always good. Try to ma

• Where do I post my new fanfic I've been kind of confused as to where I need to post it and you're welcome

• ADVERTISING TIME!

After all the fanfics moved to Forum Games, it became harder for new fanfics to gain popularity. That's why I want to help beginners by advertising their fanfics here. "A Brave New World" became that popular only because it was on the front page. Do you think new fanfics deserve to be unnoticed? That's why I want you all to go and view the new fanfic The Fallen World by awesome TheKingOfWalkers. I inspired him to start his own story and I'm really flattered. I help him writing it and it means that it's gonna come out good. I just want you to go and check out so The Fallen World will be noticed too. Chapter 1 is coming soon!

Thank you for your attention.

• Can you advertise mine too? It isn't as viewed as it was once.

ADVERTISING TIME! After all the fanfics moved to Forum Games, it became harder for new fanfics to gain popularity. That's why I want to h

• Yesterday I promised some longer criticism of your fanfic. Unfortunately I haven't found the time to do it until now. But, it shall be as it was promised. Prepare for incoming wall of text:

I'll start with the Pros, before I'll go on with the Cons

Pros:

I really like your style. I see great potential in it, especially since you aren't a native speaker (I think I've read that you're from Russia, right?) Keep it up that way!

While the amount of characters in this fanfic is terrifying, you managed to handle this quite well with some characters. Besides Greg I especially liked Tess, Sips, Zed and Hodge.

The story is great. Seriously, it reminded me of the TWD-Comic during it's best times. Nobody is safe, it is brutal, but not without sweet moments. I really liked that.

The choices are well-done. They made sense and never felt forced to me.

Cons (Careful, some maaaajor nitpicks here):

The amount of characters introduced in one chapter is too damn high! I see that you already acknowledged that one in your response to TheKingOfWalkers. It is my only major Con in an otherwise great fanfic. My advice here would be to include more chapters in order to give the new characters time to develop.

If you plan to kill off a character, give him some development before he bites the dust. That way he won't be seen as another redshirt but as a loss for the group. Best example would be the murder-storyline in episode 2. While I felt sorry for Fredo, I barely noticed Clarices death.

If you already have that much characters, I would advice against including characters from the game. Bens role could have been easily filled by one of the teenagers, giving them a deeper personality, while avoiding the "Ben-Effect" (everytime Ben is added to a story, it is obvious he will do something "Benish" and screws up in a spectacular way). Maybe it's just personal preference, but I really don't like having official characters as Cameos in a fanfic, mostly because I already know what's happening to them. I just knew, Ben Travis and Mr. Parker are going to get out alive and on their own and could figure out that they'll screw up somehow long before it happened.

Major Nitpick here, but did AC just managed to die two times :D Maybe I'm getting something wrong here, but wasn't she stabbed at the gas-station and crushed by a tree in the last chapter?

So, as I said, the cons are mostly nitpicks, but you wanted a critic, so I mentioned them. All in all I would give this fanfic a 9/10. You already acknowledged my main Con, but I still hope that I was somehow able to help you.

• Me too "I beg with eye of a puppy" it seems no one like mine or maybe not like me...

ADVERTISING TIME! After all the fanfics moved to Forum Games, it became harder for new fanfics to gain popularity. That's why I want to h

• edited June 2014

Thank you really much. Season 2 will have 6 chapters so I hope my character development will be better. That's my main con, I know :( But I'll work on it. I promise. But I'm glad you rated my fanfic for 9/10. That rate is too damn high.

And thanks about that AC detail. I didn't notice that :D I'm pretty sure I meant Nicolette. I'll fix it.

Yesterday I promised some longer criticism of your fanfic. Unfortunately I haven't found the time to do it until now. But, it shall be as it

Sign in to comment in this discussion.