Episode 4 release?

edited August 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
Has anyone heard anything about Episode 4?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I have a placeholder for Episode 4, 5 and 6 in Steam right now...
    Is this a mistake Telltale or do you plan on extending the series?
  • edited July 2009
    I noticed the extra entries and tacked those onto the episode list on Wikipedia. Hopefully they get filled in.
  • edited July 2009
    Goodness, there's more? :eek:
  • edited July 2009
    Megaloman wrote: »
    Goodness, there's more? :eek:

It would be a total surprise on Telltale's part. The image assets for Steam specifically state it's only a "series of four new games", and it specifically lists each one. 5 and 6 are most likely errors.
  • edited July 2009
    xbskid wrote: »
    It would be a total surprise on Telltale's part. The image assets for Steam specifically state it's only a "series of four new games", and it specifically lists each one. 5 and 6 are most likely errors.

Aha, I see. I've never used steam myself.

It would be a huge surprise and I would be extermely happy about it. But then again, why not market a game with all the episodes? ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Can you guys provide a link to this?
  • edited July 2009
    Has anyone heard anything about Episode 4?

Sadly, it appears TTG is spending all their PR energy on Monkey Island, so there hasn't been any W&G news for quite a while.... :(

If I was to give a guess, I'd imagine they'd be releasing the last episode next week. Though that would be kind of an awkward release date during Comic-Con.
  • edited July 2009
    zimmi88 wrote: »
    If I was to give a guess, I'd imagine they'd be releasing the last episode next week. Though that would be kind of an awkward release date during Comic-Con.

Wouldn't be awkward for me; I'm not going.
  • edited July 2009
    I think they'll preview it at comic con and release it afterwards (if that week is in july. I don't know when comic con is)
  • edited July 2009
    We're getting closer to the end of the month. What gives, TT? XD
  • edited July 2009
    We're getting closer to the end of the month. What gives, TT? XD

They're probably trying to phase their releases so they don't compete with each other.

I'm willing to bet that we'll get W&G right at the end of the month, and then the next Monkey Island midway through August.
  • edited July 2009
    They are already 3 weeks late with the walkthrough for episode 3 and have not even found the time to update the announcement about the planned release date yet, so I don't expect anything any longer. :(
  • edited July 2009
    If it is released this month it will likely be the very last week. Around the release date of LotSN, Jake said this:
    As for W&G episode 4 I don't know the exact release date but the episode's coming along nicely. I think live music recording is about to start, which means we're a couple weeks from wrapping up.

So it's likely either next week or the following, methinks.
  • edited July 2009
    I still think the 28th seems about right. No conflict with ToMI and fits nicely with past announcements.
  • edited July 2009
    Ugh, I hope not the 28th. I have a long trip for a listening party the following day. So unless I tear right through it, some of it will probably have to wait till I get back.
  • edited July 2009
    Who knows, we are heading into tuesday, so it may just pop up on the site tonight... Muzzled kinda just appeared didn't it? No real fanfare or anything, given that W&G has fallen behind the spotlight of ToMI, they could just unceremoniously release it with no pre-hype.

[/wishful-boredom-induced-thinking]
  • edited July 2009
    The Wallace & Gromit games are great, and I'd hate to think they would end up buried by the hype of another series, but I don't think that's really something to worry about. The audiences for Monkey Island and Wallace & Gromit are largely different - many fans of the latter aren't necessarily gamers in the first place. You wouldn't advertise W&G in the same way or in the same places as you would Monkey Island.
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    It's coming soon! We're in a mad dash for the finish line, but we're almost there.
  • edited July 2009
    okay, this sounds promising. so, hopefully we'll get a release date notice soon..

...i am out of adventure games for days now.
  • edited July 2009
    langley wrote: »
    It's coming soon! We're in a mad dash for the finish line, but we're almost there.

hey, thanks for dropping this piece of info! I finished replaying Muzzled yesterday, so I'm in a good shape for the follow-up! :)
  • edited July 2009
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    Muzzled kinda just appeared didn't it? No real fanfare or anything, given that W&G has fallen behind the spotlight of ToMI, they could just unceremoniously release it with no pre-hype.

Wrong, they announced a release date for Muzzled, they gave it a game trailer preview, a little fanfare an all. The Last Resort is the game that received no fanfare, they just posted a blog, no early release date or anything. So I'm just guessing that they're going to do the same thing they did to Last, this time, end the Season with no glory road.
  • edited July 2009
    I'm thinking they REALLY should have waited to finish this up before they started releasing TALES OF MONKEY ISLAND!, since it seems like TALES OF MONKEY ISLAND! is eating up everyone's attention and money.
  • edited July 2009
    So, now that it is confirmed to come next week (always tuesday, last tuesday in july) this thread is pretty much lacking a purpose. However, I think it would be amazing if Telltale would have it so If you finish The Bogey Man, and it looks at your save history and sees you've played and completed at least one episode per telltale "season", you would get a sneak peek trailer for Sam and Max Season Three, available to everyone come thurdsay. What do you say?
  • edited July 2009
    Today I have finished Episode 3, waiting for Episode 4... :)
    Very funny adventure series, I love it. Technically is awesome, graphics are much better than Tales of Monkey Island...
  • edited July 2009
    So, now that it is confirmed to come next week

Did I miss something? Where was this confirmed?
  • edited July 2009
    puerca wrote: »

Wishful thinking, probably.
  • edited July 2009
    puerca wrote: »

It says on the W&G page that it is coming in July. Next week is the last week in July, so it should come this week or next. His post speculates that the other games were released on Tuesdays (I can't confirm this because I haven't payed that much attention) so the only remaining Tuesday in July is next week. The episode will therefore be released next Tuesday. Only the part that says it will be released in July is from an official statement.
  • edited July 2009
    Shmeh wrote: »
    It says on the W&G page that it is coming in July.
    It also says that the walkthrough for episode 3 will be coming in June 2009, but it has still not been published...
  • edited July 2009
    Episode 4 will be released on... Look behind you! A three headed monkey!!
  • edited July 2009
    Where? ... Hey, where's he gone?

If it IS coming out next Tuesday, they're really pushing the time! Unlike Tales of Monkey Island Episode 1 though this doesn't have a date set, so it could be any time. They obviously want Episode 4 to be the best, so there's no reason why they couldn't extend the release to next month. I mean, everyone's already bought it...

I hope not though, I want to play it too!
  • edited July 2009
    I have to agree, if it is comming out next tuesday, then they are cutting it really fine...

It is very worrying I feel at the moment. If I were to guess, then Telltale have 3 games possibily 4 on the go at the moment:
    1:Wallace & Gromit
    2:Tales of Monkey Island
    3:CSI
    4:Telltales next adventure series.

With the hype of ToMI, W&G seems to have been forgotten. The walkthrough is a prime example of this.

Have Telltale taken on too much at once...time will tell...
  • edited July 2009
    I can be patient for the EP 4 release (as I'm currently playing through Loom). Even if it goes a little over schedule due to some currently heavy work loads, it would be hard to call this episodic-adventure-game-business experiment anything but a huge success. So I'm not terribly worried.

Having too much work, and product interest, is the kind of problem a business wants to have, so long as they can keep it under control.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    This isn't official art by any means -- it's just something I made yesterday while screwing around -- but you guys might enjoy it:

bogey.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    it looks better than most art. Well done
  • edited July 2009
    YAY!!!!!

Excitement commences!!!!!
  • edited July 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    This isn't official art by any means -- it's just something I made yesterday while screwing around -- but you guys might enjoy it:

I love the look of this, looks like a well-loved copy of some old W&G adventure novel.

Just out of curiosity, what use was this intended for?
  • edited July 2009
    all i can say is i can't wait!
  • edited July 2009
    Wow, that's excellent!

As for release, Tuesday looks doubtful at this point.
  • edited July 2009
    I have to agree, if it is comming out next tuesday, then they are cutting it really fine...

It is very worrying I feel at the moment. If I were to guess, then Telltale have 3 games possibily 4 on the go at the moment:
    1:Wallace & Gromit
    2:Tales of Monkey Island
    3:CSI
    4:Telltales next adventure series.

Don't forget Sam and Max 3. :D

And I wouldn't give up on Tuesday, just yet. TT releases often catch one off guard.
  • edited July 2009
    IGN lists it as coming out next Tuesday.

Anyway, I am ready for another strong bad season.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.