TWD Season 3 at E3 2016 - Discuss News, Interviews, Articles, major reveals about the game here

Comments

• let's make sure he stays well away from fences too

war flashbacks

Lilacsbloom posted: »

[Final Episode of Season 3] Javier: Hey you drop your cap near this conveniently propped up piece of cardboard hiding a walker- Clem

• Damn right!

MayorMilk posted: »

I haven't logged into this website since september of last year, hey everyone. I see some familiar people are still here, season 3 hype train amirite?

• So in the teaser Javier says, "That one was marked too, we must be getting close. Just hold on."

And I theorized that Clem and Javier must be looking for someone, perhaps a member from their group that went missing, or even someone who's really close to Javier. I noticed a tattoo on Javier's neck and upon further observation of the teaser, I spotted the same tattoo on the shoulder of the walker that was shown.

Javier's tattoo.

http://i.imgur.com/fiK12kg.png

And the walker's tattoo.

http://i.imgur.com/ZWdQPnY.png

http://i.imgur.com/QgR6zCA.png

Also that same symbol can be found in the new logo of TWD S3 if you look carefully. So, what I'm thinking is that the third season will revolve on finding someone or maybe multiple people, perhaps a clan of some sort that Javier is associated with. There's something important about that symbol, but I guess we'll have to find out for ourselves and see what happens.

Also Job and @puzzlebox (Laura) said this: Clementine and Javier in The Walking Dead Season 3

"He's been through a lot and he is central to this story. He is absolutely important to what's going on," Stauffer said during the reveal, explaining that Javier and Clementine "have a lot of common goals, if not a lot of common enemies."

"This is very much a new story as much as it is a continuation," Perusco said of the season as a whole.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/12/e3-2016-telltales-the-walking-dead-season-3-will-have-new-playable-character

It seems like Clem and Javier have a common goal, whether it's to find someone or kill a bunch of new people who have threatened them, or both. Can't wait to see and hear more about the third season. A war between a group that Clem is with vs another group would be interesting.

• I can definitely see that it looks smoother but its still visibly Clementine. I'm just not sure what people are upset about.

dojo32161 posted: »

Telltale's updated the engine for Batman and TWD.

• Playing as two characters? That was the best thing about that game besides the humor. It was such fun seeing things from two different perspectives.

Yeah I wasn't a fan of 2 characters in TFTB so I doubt I'll like it here

• edited June 2016

The Walking Dead Wiki has a little bit of information on the Tattoo and the emblem Javier is wearing

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Javier_(Video_Game)

So in the teaser Javier says, "That one was marked too, we must be getting close. Just hold on." And I theorized that Clem and Javier mus

• edited June 2016

I know Youtube comments are stupid, but I was expecting a little more intelligence from them. I was expecting to see a bunch of people talking about the new engine, ideas as to what Season 3 would be about, and so on and so forth. What I've got instead is a bunch of people saying how Clem became hot, has grown boobs, and some other inappropriate stuff.

MOD EDIT: Let's not even mention that name

MetallicaRules edit: My apologies.

• So much hating to Javy...

• edited June 2016

them

enter image description here

MOD EDIT: Banned users man.

I know Youtube comments are stupid, but I was expecting a little more intelligence from them. I was expecting to see a bunch of people talki

• So glad the visuals improved (they're amazing), choices will matter (I firmly believe even the previously wasted choices will affect how Clementine behaves), and that we have two diverse and potentially likeable playable characters (W00T! First playable Latinx zombie survivor, I think).

My only gripe is, weren't we told that it'd look more comic book-y? The details may have improved, but it looks less like a comic book and more like a next-gen non-cel-shaded video game. Those are my thoughts on Batman as well, making both these games look less like their comic counterparts than The Wolf Among Us.

• I personally like him already.

Karnedg2013 posted: »

So much hating to Javy...

• Adding to that, the only variation would be whether a random teenager liked him or not. I wouldn't imagine that it would have a huge impact on the life of a psychopathic man who has survived for more than four years into the apocalypse—in Season 3.

dojo32161 posted: »

Actually they only said it could have an affect, I don't think they said it'd have a bigger impact.

• I wondering, is Melissa going to voice act for older Clem too?

• As an added note, I'm guessing these characters with their current designs are two of the playable bonus characters in 7 Days To Die, so it makes sense that they hid who else was going to be in there.

But then that probably means the final bonus is a spoiler S3 character, which might mean we have a third protagonist...

So glad the visuals improved (they're amazing), choices will matter (I firmly believe even the previously wasted choices will affect how Cle

• edited June 2016

I have updated the page, finally!!!

The Walking Dead Wiki has a little bit of information on the Tattoo and the emblem Javier is wearing http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Javier_(Video_Game)

• Remember people, let's not talk about banned users.

• The multiple playable characters in the middle of a zombie apocalypse leads me to be 90% sure that both of them will be determinant, depending on the last choice of the season—one or the other, I mean. At least with one playable character I personally had the doubt of whether or not they would survive. Though you're right about that, we also feel less worried in the first three episodes.

But with one PC it's even less stressfull because you know nothing happens to them until Episode 5 at the earliest.

• Clementine will keep going around every episode trying to stop Javier from getting himself killed.

Exactly Max towards Chloe, @MarijaaNo7, @AronDracula.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

[Final Episode of Season 3] Javier: Hey you drop your cap near this conveniently propped up piece of cardboard hiding a walker- Clem

• Have you seen the TWD comics? The art is much more on the side of realism than the style of TWD S1 and 2, and Michonne. This new style is much closer to the comic.

So glad the visuals improved (they're amazing), choices will matter (I firmly believe even the previously wasted choices will affect how Cle

• Of course, bud!

Wait. I'm not a familiar face…

MayorMilk posted: »

I haven't logged into this website since september of last year, hey everyone. I see some familiar people are still here, season 3 hype train amirite?

• KLVGAMING posted: »

I wondering, is Melissa going to voice act for older Clem too?

• You'll play as both Javier and Clementine through the course of the season, but exactly how that works is one of the exciting details we're not quite yet ready to reveal.

I believe I might've hit the nail in the head! What if it is a decision whether to play as Javier or Clementine, sort of like in Story Mode? Except this time it will require a lot more elaboration on Telltale's part, since these survivors require different animations. I honestly praise Telltale if that is what they're planning. I was worried about two playable characters, but if it is just one, and it's up for us to choose… oh man…

Blog is up: https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/106884/sneak-peek-at-telltale-s-next-season-of-the-walking-dead-revealed-at-e3 On Su

• It's kind of understandable. He's a new character and most people were expecting to play as Clem and only Clem, bringing him into the fold when we've had 2 seasons worth of Clem would upset a lot of people. But some of the hate is really uncalled for, especially when we know nothing about him.

Karnedg2013 posted: »

So much hating to Javy...

• Omg my little Clementine is all grown up.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited June 2016

What if it is a decision whether to play as Javier or Clementine, sort of like in Story Mode?

I've played Story Mode, but I don't know what you mean. The only character thing is at the beginning where you can choose if your Jesse is male or female, and their race.

You'll play as both Javier and Clementine through the course of the season, but exactly how that works is one of the exciting details we're

• edited June 2016

So I jumped from a 360 were all my previous save data is to a PS4, how are save imports going to work for me?

• I meant to propose the idea of having two possible playable characters, and you choose who to play as at the beginning. It would be different from choosing which block person to control, but the concept is the same—you choose who to play as. Whether you chose Clementine or Javier would also change your perspective of the game, possibly revealing different information on the antagonist group in each different route. This would also increase replayability by 100%.

What if it is a decision whether to play as Javier or Clementine, sort of like in Story Mode? I've played Story Mode, but I don't kn

• I just realized--they said they'd incorporate decisions from the first two seasons, but they didn't mention the Michonne miniseries. Do you think that'd mean it won't affect season 3?

• And they're also forced to put Jane at the same level, since it would be perceived as unfair by Amy if they killed her off and kept Kenny, being the case that the latter has been in the series for nine—or ten, if you count a cameo—episodes.

I feel better about them now.

Deltino posted: »

Kenny, especially. Kenny's pretty much the third biggest and iconic character behind Clementine and Lee. Whether you like him or not, you ca

• edited June 2016

What i read:
    TELTALE - EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED AFTER S2 WAS TOTALLY OFFSCREEN AND DOESN'T MATTER AT ALL. OF COURSE, WE'RE MAKING SOME LINES TO CLEMENTINE TELL WHAT HAPPENED, AND THAAAAAAATS ALL

That's what I get from this text, but maybe I'm wrong... Or not.

Edit: Don't know why this is marked as spoiler

Blog is up: https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/106884/sneak-peek-at-telltale-s-next-season-of-the-walking-dead-revealed-at-e3 On Su

• Its youtube, what did you expect?

I know Youtube comments are stupid, but I was expecting a little more intelligence from them. I was expecting to see a bunch of people talki

• Clem's eyes are still gold. Yay!

• They said it would be unrelated. Unless they add a small Easter egg based on your choices but otherwise no big impact would be from that series

I just realized--they said they'd incorporate decisions from the first two seasons, but they didn't mention the Michonne miniseries. Do you think that'd mean it won't affect season 3?

• The link says the page don't exist....

The Walking Dead Wiki has a little bit of information on the Tattoo and the emblem Javier is wearing http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Javier_(Video_Game)

• I agree. I'm personally excited cause I get to play Clem AND play a new character all at once! You'd think this would please both the Clem lovers and Clem haters .. but guess you can't please everyone...

It's kind of understandable. He's a new character and most people were expecting to play as Clem and only Clem, bringing him into the fold w

• As far as I know, you'd have to start over on PS4... or go back to 360. I don't think you can go cross system.

So I jumped from a 360 were all my previous save data is to a PS4, how are save imports going to work for me?

• ++++++++++

TheFurryOne posted: »

I personally like him already.

This discussion has been closed.