TWD Season 3 at E3 2016 - Discuss News, Interviews, Articles, major reveals about the game here

Comments

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited June 2016

Alternatively, S3 picks up just after S2, and we meet up with Clem dependent on where (and who) you ended the season with. Then we skip ahead to where the comics are; Javier, Clem, and potentially who you stayed with traveling together.

If they want, they could find a way to connect the endings together based on this. For example, if you stayed at Wellington, word of the existence of Alexandria and the other communities eventually reaches Wellington, and they try to establish a communication/trade network, or something like that. Clementine gets wrapped up in that business in some way, which leads to S3 taking place back down in the south again. Lets you take the story somewhere else without having to destroy the community or say "oops it died" in order to explain it.

Apply a similar explanation to the other endings, like the Jane ending for example; word of the southern communities reaches the two of you in some way. Perhaps you run into a scout for Alexandria, and decide to check it out. The alone ending could also work like this, with someone coming across Clementine and AJ alone.

Anthorn posted: »

It might work. We could start off with Javier and then meet Clem. We then learn what Clem has been through up until she meets Javier. That w

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited June 2016

Well, they mention the Northeast, and Ohio in the Northeast is really stretching it.

But Tennessee, yeah that's not the Northeast.

So that place is probably not Wellington.

Wait.... does that mean no Wellington or Howes? Uh oh. ;-;

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

They hinted that we could see flashbacks so even if the main part of the game is set near Alexandria we could still see Hows/Wellington or what Clementine did alone.

Wait.... does that mean no Wellington or Howes? Uh oh. ;-;

• Ooh, I like that one too c:

Hearing more of Anadel in S3 would actually be really nice ^^

Mich19 posted: »

I hope they would use this song in season 3 enter link description here Lyrics: Listen, listen, listen brother of mine she says

• Sony E3 livecast. 5:00 to 5:15 and 7:42 to 7:47

Batteries posted: »

Wot when did they say this?

• I kind of hope not, and if it is it will run really bad.

Clemmy1 posted: »

this will be on ps3 aswell right?

• I wish we could go with Kenny in the end, but keep Jane alive :(

• Just happy Clems in it. Question is, WHO ARE WE PLAYING.

• We are playing as both Clementine and a new character, Javier.

Just happy Clems in it. Question is, WHO ARE WE PLAYING.

• I hope it will appear Kenny (if you selected to keep with him)i´m so hyped cant wait for fall

• Ah, thanks. I'm not sure if that's what he meant but if it is that could be interesting.

Sony E3 livecast. 5:00 to 5:15 and 7:42 to 7:47

• New info. Sweet!

• I'll say they're actually closer to Alexandria than you're thinking.

I hate this, I seriously hate this. I wanted them to expand the world, not go back to the boring setting they've been dragging out for the past 5 years of the comics.

At least this proves they had no idea what the hell they were doing with Season 2.

Kinda Funny E3 Interview with Job Stauffer Start talking about The Walking Dead at about 11:45. Interesting points: * "I'll say t

• [removed]

We are playing as both Clementine and a new character, Javier.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

On an unrelated note, I think it's time for you to update your profile picture

I'll say they're actually closer to Alexandria than you're thinking. I hate this, I seriously hate this. I wanted them to expand the

• edited June 2016

"He is going to be meeting another character... Clementine, which you will be playing as too", Pretty sure that;s exactly what he meant.

Ah, thanks. I'm not sure if that's what he meant but if it is that could be interesting.

• TY

We are playing as both Clementine and a new character, Javier.

• Ooh, that would be an interesting way to tackle all our choices. Every now and then, there'd be a flashback which continues the final choice of S2, where we find out how it got to Season 3, and all of us get our own flashback scenario, based on the end result of Season 2...

OzzyUK posted: »

They hinted that we could see flashbacks so even if the main part of the game is set near Alexandria we could still see Hows/Wellington or what Clementine did alone.

• It's been a while since I've played season 2. Was there an ending where AJ was not with Clem? It's the only choice I can think of to save Clem's finger from getting eaten by Walker AJ...

• Yes! Or Reprieve or Red Sun!

If the person/people Clem and Javier are trying to find is/are on our side (like AJ) then Find A Way by Amy Lee, I think would be really good!

enter link description here

Mich19 posted: »

I hope they would use this song in season 3 enter link description here Lyrics: Listen, listen, listen brother of mine she says

• AJ is with Clem in all endings.

It's been a while since I've played season 2. Was there an ending where AJ was not with Clem? It's the only choice I can think of to save Clem's finger from getting eaten by Walker AJ...

• Just because the character will be meeting clementine doesn't mean we will start with him. For all we know we could be starting off with Clem and Javier could be meeting her.

Romaoplays posted: »

"He is going to be meeting another character... Clementine, which you will be playing as too", Pretty sure that;s exactly what he meant.

• Or you know, AJ could have nothing to do with Clems finger. Just an idea.

It's been a while since I've played season 2. Was there an ending where AJ was not with Clem? It's the only choice I can think of to save Clem's finger from getting eaten by Walker AJ...

• Anecdotal evidence.

It was the way they were talking about it. They were talking like we'd start with Javier as the new starting point and he'd bump into Clem.

• edited June 2016

I know, it could be absolutely anytbing...but I want my hunch to be right!

Or you know, AJ could have nothing to do with Clems finger. Just an idea.

• I hope AJ is who they're looking for.

I know, it could be absolutely anytbing...but I want my hunch to be right!

• Thanks man. I'm probably gonna set the first one as my wallpaper on my desktop and/or the background on my phone.

Telltale posted two high res screenshots from the trailer on the press assets page that someone might want to use as a background. http://vip.telltalegames.com/2016/06/14/twd-s3/

• I can't help but support this comment.

Although I like Alexandria in the comics, I don't want it to be in the game in any way—scouts, signs, radio messages, actual comic characters, et cetera.

But, just perhaps, they could fit Stephanie and Magna's community into the game.

…I just want it in the game, okay?

I'll say they're actually closer to Alexandria than you're thinking. I hate this, I seriously hate this. I wanted them to expand the

• AJ. You found me Clem.

Clem. Now die you annoying plot device.

AJ. Noooooo.

Lee's voice in her head. Good job Clem.

bossmanham posted: »

I hope AJ is who they're looking for.

• Dude. He's two.

AJ. You found me Clem. Clem. Now die you annoying plot device. AJ. Noooooo. Lee's voice in her head. Good job Clem.

• And should die.

Dude. He's two.

• Damn, just remembered how bad it sucked waiting in between episodes.

We're gonna be stalking ttg for updates and news like...

http://37.media.tumblr.com/e772fb3e80be938ee9d6349529c7a4c7/tumblr_n5qgw0jDpj1tr9rszo1_500.gif

And then asking for a release date but hearing the dreaded "soon" as an answer...

http://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2FurMRzKi.gif&key=PYkDiNvJpx1purvEMKat0g&w=480&h=210.375

Nevertheless, still hyped for S3. Can't wait until we get an episode one trailer.

• edited June 2016

So true, the Fall release date is just for Episode 1, then a month wait between every episode.

This will be me:

enter image description here

• Then he would have structured that phrase differently, as in "Clementine... She is going to meet Javier, which is a character that..."

Just because the character will be meeting clementine doesn't mean we will start with him. For all we know we could be starting off with Clem and Javier could be meeting her.

• edited June 2016

If that's the only way... I hate to see a potentially great community story line go to waste such as Wellington which was built up last season.

• They could just be getting ready to release a patch that upgrades the graphics to some degree(I think that's possible lol)

Not entirely, but it's more polished than his flashback model from No Going Back.

• Sure, they will be separated but similar to S2. She quickly gets paired with someone or a group. Even though it is pretty damn obvious that she can handle varies things completely on her own. I just think they are scared of having Clem being the sole character in this game. In S1 you had Lee regardless if you cared about the rest of the group. In S2 you had Kenny and possibly Jane/Luke that a majority cared about. Now, they want to still give that "other option".

Two new playable characters. I guarantee there will be scenario's where they will be separated and Clem will have to rely on her own abilities and skills.

• Well, they kinda did that in S2 where Clem barely reflects on what happens. I'm not talking about you choosing dialogue to make her talk about certain things. I mean having her say or reveal certain things canon that reflects on past actions.

They've said those choices will matter, so i hope we don't just move past it like, "meh who cares?"

• Honestly, I just really want them to bring Lily back. I know its a long shot but I think bringing her back as the leader of the bandit group that attacked Clem in S2 would be something.

Could even have it based on how you "molded" Clem in the past two seasons. Will reflect whether she tries to get Lily back on her side or just looking to kill her and save whoever. Fuck...I just want a complex story tbh.

• I'm not so good at grammar, but maybe this could be related to something that happens off-screen, like in the gap between seasons? Like, Job did say "He is going to be going through [traumatic events]", but it doesn't necessary mean the events are going to happen right there is s3e1, does it?

Romaoplays posted: »

This discussion has been closed.