TWD Season 3 at E3 2016 - Discuss News, Interviews, Articles, major reveals about the game here

Comments

• They wouldn't work. You'd either have to re-purchase and play Season 1 and 2 on PS4 to get your choices, or have Season 3 randomize them when you start. (Or just pray that they still allow X360s for a compatible console.

So I jumped from a 360 were all my previous save data is to a PS4, how are save imports going to work for me?

• Feels like they may be really progressing beyond what happened in the past two seasons. They most likely will have some dialogue that says what happened. Maybe even some little flashbacks that may tell some things. Regardless I think I would have liked it more if things weren't so massively being skipped over and then alluded too throughout the game.

Who knows maybe things aren't going to be skipped over and the past two seasons will play more of a role. Also, introducing a new character will be hard unless you give him some time to develop for the player. We know Clem and really care about her....this can either go good or bad.

The funny part is I was thinking they may pair Clem with a guy for this season. Just think I was hoping that we will actually get a season with Clem going at it on her own. Now, it seems she will be depending on someone else again.

• "Stay gold Ponyboy... Stay gold..."

Clem's eyes are still gold. Yay!

• AJ is the Clem of Season 2. They need them safe otherwise its pointless.

Rtboh posted: »

If they kill of A.J I'd feel season 2 is even more pointless.

• enter image description here

AChicken posted: »

"Stay gold Ponyboy... Stay gold..."

• Chances are at the very least we will see a flashback that includes Lee. His model was updated for the Michonne series (where it is unused and irrelevant).

Feels like they may be really progressing beyond what happened in the past two seasons. They most likely will have some dialogue that says

• <3

Yes I am back, somewhat. Thanks lol.

• Two new playable characters. I guarantee there will be scenario's where they will be separated and Clem will have to rely on her own abilities and skills.

Feels like they may be really progressing beyond what happened in the past two seasons. They most likely will have some dialogue that says

• Did he ever really pick it up from his chopped arm?

I hope it's Lee's amazing watch from Season 1.

• Wait really? There's a new model of Lee?

Chances are at the very least we will see a flashback that includes Lee. His model was updated for the Michonne series (where it is unused and irrelevant).

• I suppose that would work, and be kind of interesting, but seeing how they're saying we'll play as both of them through the course of the season, it probably wouldn't happen in Season 3.

I meant to propose the idea of having two possible playable characters, and you choose who to play as at the beginning. It would be differen

• That is a fair point.

You'll play as both Javier and Clementine

I suppose that would work, and be kind of interesting, but seeing how they're saying we'll play as both of them through the course of the season, it probably wouldn't happen in Season 3.

• You sure? It looked like the season 2 model.

Chances are at the very least we will see a flashback that includes Lee. His model was updated for the Michonne series (where it is unused and irrelevant).

• My theory seems to be true. AJ and Clementine are the protagonists of s3.

Two new playable characters. I guarantee there will be scenario's where they will be separated and Clem will have to rely on her own abilities and skills.

• You never can.

I agree. I'm personally excited cause I get to play Clem AND play a new character all at once! You'd think this would please both the Clem lovers and Clem haters .. but guess you can't please everyone...

• Not entirely, but it's more polished than his flashback model from No Going Back.

lupinb0y posted: »

Wait really? There's a new model of Lee?

• I knew there were going to be some comments, but not THAT many.

Journey95 posted: »

Its youtube, what did you expect?

• As far as I can tell, it's just the line details in that one, so not completely, but it's more updated than the model they used at the end of Season Two.

You sure? It looked like the season 2 model.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

But Javier is the protag not AJ.

My theory seems to be true. AJ and Clementine are the protagonists of s3.

• Your theory is confusing? Playing as a 2-3 year old would be awful.

My theory seems to be true. AJ and Clementine are the protagonists of s3.

• Uhmm he's going to be 4 to be exactly.

Your theory is confusing? Playing as a 2-3 year old would be awful.

• I know i misread. Also that looks like crawford to me.

dojo32161 posted: »

But Javier is the protag not AJ.

• Hey, that's what the forums are for. One game + hundreds of player perspectives = a awesome gaming experience

KCohere posted: »

She looks more dark-skinned to me so thats interesting, a different perspective I guess.

• Ha I read the outsiders the other day too.

AChicken posted: »

"Stay gold Ponyboy... Stay gold..."

• I think I know.

YouTube comments and a other user here.

• How people can don't like Javier? :(

Pff... I think everyone will be in love with him after episode 1. Same story like with Luke and another TTL-series.

enter image description here

• edited June 2016

I'm actually excited about Javier and interested in his interplay with Clementine. I assume the switch off will be somewhat like Fiona and Rhys in Tales From the Borderlands, though maybe they won't spend as much time apart. It makes me wonder what they are to each other and how they'll make us feel like he's of equal importance to Clem.

I'm also curious about that mark on his neck. The walker has it too, and it looks like a brand to me. Maybe not a brand he wanted either. I wonder what poor Javier has been through.

• Hmm seems there is a trouble with the link because when you click the link it redirects, idk if it's a glitch or the link is messed up.

The link says the page don't exist....

• edited June 2016

I put together an image comparing clementine from Seasons 1, 2 & 3 in roughly the same pose. Speaking of which, Clem's hair looks unfinished, so this may confirm that the models are not officially done yet. They have their main components, but the art staff is still working out the kinks and fine details. Anyways, what do you guys think?

• I hope his and Clementine's relationship will be different from a brother sister sort of thing. Season 1 had paternal, Season 2 was arguably that and a sibling dynamic. I kind of want their relationship to be kind of like, comrades I guess? They acknowledge each other's differences but survive together and work towards a common goal.

Karnedg2013 posted: »

How people can don't like Javier? Pff... I think everyone will be in love with him after episode 1. Same story like with Luke and another TTL-series.

• I think her face became less.. round, it doesn't resemble a clementine that much anymore.

eRock92 posted: »

I put together an image comparing clementine from Seasons 1, 2 & 3 in roughly the same pose. Speaking of which, Clem's hair looks unfin

• Whooaaahhhh! Just woke up and saw all this! The waiting just got harder but i'm so glad to know that this is gonna be seriously very exciting!

Look at our clem, guys, all grown up

• It looks like like her hair also grew longer as well Clem Lee told you to keep that hair short!

eRock92 posted: »

I put together an image comparing clementine from Seasons 1, 2 & 3 in roughly the same pose. Speaking of which, Clem's hair looks unfin

• The baby fat is gone and that's normal

ZapThroat posted: »

I think her face became less.. round, it doesn't resemble a clementine that much anymore.

• edited June 2016

Okay, I've been thinking.. in the teaser, at the very end where Javier says "Just hold on." It sounds like he's thinking it, or even hoping it. I bet that he and Clem are looking for maybe his sister, friend or lover? Possibly, he escaped a hostile group, and his friend didn't make it, and Clem was affected by this too (maybe she was attacked?) so they're banning together (because they have "common goals or common enemies") to track down that group (who most likely brands all their people) and save that unnamed friend.

Boom, think about that.

• I think I've figured out something. Look at that image

This car is caught up in flames, which means it has been recently destroyed, so it seems that there was an actual living community here with nearly a pre-apocalyptic living style (hence the car having gas which gave it the ability to burn). Probably means that whoever we are looking for this time, they must've done some serious shit!

• edited June 2016

Did u guys look at clem's finger? Its cut

Have platforms been announced?

And whos the blue guy

• Yeah, it happened to me too when I hit puberty, I sometimes get surprised when I see a photo of my childhood version.

The baby fat is gone and that's normal

• Javier, the other playable character.

AdamRoberts posted: »

Did u guys look at clem's finger? Its cut Have platforms been announced? And whos the blue guy

This discussion has been closed.