TWD Season 3 at E3 2016 - Discuss News, Interviews, Articles, major reveals about the game here

Comments

• Hopefully that doesn't happen. WE OBVIOUSLY Dont want Cluke 2.0 : |

• Let's hope he's not a commie.

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Cuba!

• Looks like season 3 will be set in Bill's Town from TLOU. :P

• What do we have left once we abandon the open mindedness? Denial, a gaping pit waiting to swallow us all.

dojo32161 posted: »

Not a hole, denial.

• edited June 2016

Melissa has given hints of how an older Clem will sound. I assume it won't be too different than S3.

Okay, now I really want to hear Clementine's voice.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Interesting... there will be choises on romantic with Javier....

Why do you think that? He's just the other playable character who's a lot older than early teen Clem.

Clementine looks SO badass. And we play like HER! YAY! All my wishes ... now its true! Also Javy looks cool. And he and Clem - good couple friends and team. Interesting... there will be choises on romantic with Javier....

• OK, I guess it was really that bad.

• Except, that we know have two worldviews to this world where anybody could die at any second. If somebody is in a position of risk, players will subconsciously worry less, since they'll think in the back of their heads "oh, I can switch to [insert playable character name here] if somebody happens." I am not an advocate for multiple playable characters, to be honest.

I want my freaking Jane, family, Howe's, Wellington!

Deltino posted: »

To be honest, it's probably for the best to have two playable characters. It's the best of both worlds that way, right? People that like Cle

• Seriously, I need this. My video kept dropping out and I missed most of the post-teaser discussion.

Did Ozzy or anyone else record the 20 minutes of Laura and Job talking about the games?

• Of course it was a commercial success, put the TWD tag on anything and it'll make millions.

SemiSweet posted: »

No, it wasn't. It was still critically and commercially successful. A vocal minority of bitching doesn't make it a disaster.

• I can remember watching a panel where she did what adult Clem would sound like can't remember what panel though

bossmanham posted: »

Melissa has given hints of how an older Clem will sound. I assume it won't be too different than S3.

• She looks more dark-skinned to me so thats interesting, a different perspective I guess.

eRock92 posted: »

He was lightskin in Season 1, a bit tanned in Season 2, and she seems like she is back to her lightskinned side in this teaser. So it looks

• edited June 2016

Actually, I've been wanting to play someone new the entire time. I've got nothing against Clementine, but I liked it better when I could play someone old enough to act as the group leader like I tried to do with Lee. I'm totally cool with two protagonist being Clem and Javier though. Seems like a smart move to me. It really should appease everybody.

Shadoru posted: »

Am I the only one that doesn't really care or have any interest on playing Javier but just Clementine herself? I really hope the choices we made in season 2 mattered.

• I was actually expecting way less information. :D

alexgo posted: »

Anyone else underwhelmed by the trailer? Not much new information.

• Wellington and Howe's are most likely communist communities though.

Let's hope he's not a commie.

• Conveniently ignored that I also said CRITICALLY SUCCESSFUL.

Of course it was a commercial success, put the TWD tag on anything and it'll make millions.

• I think he called him Javi too, so it seems so.

Vaxij posted: »

THAT GUY'S NAME IS JAVIER?! THAT'S NUTS MY NAME IS JAVIER OMG.

• edited June 2016

[Several months ago over in the uk as a widdle Lilac sits alone in her rooooom...]

Lilac: Sigh...god, much as I'm dreading Season 3, if they do anything even remotely resembling that brother sister dynamic again like we had with Clementine and Luke, I don't think I'll be able to control myself. Those suckers will have me, ugh! Nah, that'll never happen...they'll probably just, do with it animatronic A.J and [shivers] dang it cartoon poopy diapers.

[Present day]

[Season 3 teaser revealed]

[POSSIBLY IMPLYING BROTHER SISTER DYNAMIC OR SOMETHING LIKE IT!]

Lilac:....aw...fuck.

If this turns out being anything like what I think it's doing, you fucking got me Telltale and I hate you, because I can't hate you now! This is illegal, right out cheating! How dare you, this thing is...fuck, keep it away from me! I think I'm having a heart attack right now! Why do I feel so warm and fuzzy like I could break into song!? YOU'VE POISONED ME WITH CANDY!

It...looks alright, I guess.

Nothing special. I don't t-think I'll be into it...m...much.

Things I noticed:

• The walker has a nice haircut.

• The walker's hair is moooving

• The trees are moooving.

• The walker has a marking on his back like the new guy Luke 2.0-I mean Javier has on his neck. Definitely looks branded.

• Javier's got a baseball shirt, and Clem's got a baseball cap. Baseball siblings damn it! You can't tell me otherwise!

• The branded symbol is what we saw drawn in the logo, meaning this will be something major to the plot and that somebody is likely being an asshole going around branding people.

• Clementine looks much more African American now. She will never be confused for Chinese or white again, woo! =D

• Sadly Clementine eyes are no longer gold. A moment of silence if you please ;_; we can no longer sing golden girl.

• You can just see the scar poking out from Clementine's left shoulder where she got shot.

• Her finger is MISSING. [God I hope they didn't read Reapers are the Angels, the same thing happened to Temple and that book did not end well for that kid. I mean, the book's really good, but then right at the very end they...don't you dare let what happened to Temple at the end happen to Clementine Telltale! Don't you dare!]

• Seems like they're trying to track somebody or some people down by the line at the end Javier says about telling somebody to hold on.

• God Clem's a young widdle lady T.T they grow up so fast!

• Lee is not an unusual name though

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited June 2016

Honestly, that picture further convinces me that the thing that's throwing people off the most were Clem's eyes. When the light isn't shining directly into her eyes, she looks a lot more like the Clementine we know and love.

Cuba!

• How do you know that something that doesn't show any proof of existence was dropped? Seriously, unless they show something else referencing Christa's return, they haven't dropped anything.

You don't know that.

• Does anyone find it weird that @Lilacsbloom hasn't shown up yet? I thought she would be the most excited for this teaser since Telltale found a way to replace Luke for her.

• Wait, wut?

Lilacsbloom posted: »

[Several months ago over in the uk as a widdle Lilac sits alone in her rooooom...] Lilac: Sigh...god, much as I'm dreading Season 3, if t

• Actual shots from the Season 2 reveal trailer might do.

Well, it's the closest comparison we got. There's nothing else.

• edited June 2016

It's weird. A year back I imagined Clem having a male partner if they went with 2 players, around the same age and looking similarly in the face (he was a leather jacket type of guy). Supposedly like good friends. And now, it's becoming a reality. o_O

• You spoke too late, lol.

ZapThroat posted: »

Does anyone find it weird that @Lilacsbloom hasn't shown up yet? I thought she would be the most excited for this teaser since Telltale found a way to replace Luke for her.

• enter image description here

Let's hope he's not a commie.

• Am I missing something? It doesnt look wildly different to me.

dan290786 posted: »

Sorry but just no! I do not like the new look at all! The clem i know and loved looks so different i can't even relate to S1 and 2 Clem with

• edited June 2016

I'm thrilled to still have Clem, I'm just afraid with 2 playable characters it could set it up the nest game (if there is one) as possible for Clem to be replaced with a new the main protagonist.

Flog61 posted: »

Sad about 2 playable characters - I think it's sort of a cheap way to make the game accessible for those who haven't played previous seasons as they have stressed that as a priority.

• Yeah Howe's worked so well. Wellington we know 0 about.

Wellington and Howe's are most likely communist communities though.

That was ironic.

ZapThroat posted: »

Does anyone find it weird that @Lilacsbloom hasn't shown up yet? I thought she would be the most excited for this teaser since Telltale found a way to replace Luke for her.

• I thought they would bring back Christa for that role, but whatever.

It's weird. A year back I imagined Clem having a male partner if they went with 2 players, around the same age and looking similarly in the

• Now imagine Nate coming back! Do it!

It's weird. A year back I imagined Clem having a male partner if they went with 2 players, around the same age and looking similarly in the

• I don't know where exactly the proof is, but I'm pretty sure that Mike was supposed to be Ralph, the gunshot we heard would have been how he lost part of his ear and he'd have told Clem that he didn't know what happened to Christa.

How do you know that something that doesn't show any proof of existence was dropped? Seriously, unless they show something else referencing Christa's return, they haven't dropped anything.

• I honestly thought about how you'd react to this new brother-sister dynamic as soon as I saw Javier walking next to Clementine.

[Several months ago over in the uk as a widdle Lilac sits alone in her rooooom...] Lilac: Sigh...god, much as I'm dreading Season 3, if t

• ◦Sadly Clementine eyes are no longer gold. A moment of silence if you please ;_; we can no longer sing golden girl.

But we can sing "Brown-Eyed Girl".

Telltale's updated the engine for Batman and TWD.

KCohere posted: »

Am I missing something? It doesnt look wildly different to me.

This discussion has been closed.