Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Releasing April 25th, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• Well shit indeed

It's only been a day how can I go like this for the rest of my life? I miss her so fucking much...

Well, shit.

• Is it actually decent? I've been looking for a new title to ease over the monotony and disappointment lately :D

So Guardians has... * proper hubs with gameplay and actual conversations. * more than one hub. * 90+ minute episodes. * next time on

• edited April 2017

Problem is people are acting like season 2 was perfect just to shit all over ANF. I remember the season 2 days and it feels like everyone has forgotten them and acting like the drop in quality with ANF is shocking.

Edit: I was borderline ready to quit playing when Omid was shot in the opening scene of season 2. And then Christa was dispatched right after and I felt like it was a lazy write-off for plot's sake when Christa and Omid both could've had large parts in season 2 and should have. It seemed like such a waste and then season 2 never amounted to much afterwards.

People are complaining about the negativity around here, but as someone who hated telltale after s2 of twdg, I'm glad more people are waking up and finally realizing how awful they are now.

• Tbh I like a new frontier. I know it isn't the same as the other 2 seasons but we are in the days where a load of communities are rising, most of them are hostile and nobody trusts anyone. We can't exactly have a Lee and clem kind of story anymore.

AronDracula posted: »

They should be ashamed.

• Holy shit, I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope you can feel happier soon.

So cute... it looks like my cat... i saw her being murdered yesterday and now I'm sad.

• "Thematically, we're at an era where it's so many years into the apocalypse that it's not just about small groups trying to get society back up and running, it's larger groups and larger factions. People trying to figure out how to communicate with different communities, how does the mail work, how does commerce work, how do we get society back up and running in this new world."

—Job Stauffer about Season Three to International Bussiness Times. August 31st, 2016. [source]

Thoughts on how this is illustrated in the season?

• It's not.

"Thematically, we're at an era where it's so many years into the apocalypse that it's not just about small groups trying to get society back

• Thank you.

Gameserer posted: »

Holy shit, I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope you can feel happier soon.

• ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

AChicken posted: »

What, we can't have multiple answers?

• Just like 90% of what Jobs says you have to take it with a grain of salt if that.

"Thematically, we're at an era where it's so many years into the apocalypse that it's not just about small groups trying to get society back

• More bs to get people to buy the game.

• It's still been 5 fucking years and she clearly no longer loves him. Their marriage is over. Has been for a while.

LordSIF posted: »

your trying to implicate laws when the world has gone to ruins... wat

• That Pulp Fiction clip killed me :D

• Wow I can't believe next Tuesday is already the 25th....April went by fast

I assume the trailer drops on Thursday/Friday, with a release next week Tuesday.

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Yeah, I'll ask our video guys in advance :)

HAOSov posted: »

Hey mostlypoptarts are you around), if you are could you tell us the name of the song that was in Episode 4 Trailer after publication , it's really awesome by the way)

• I'm just more upset now after finding out that Guardians got to have credit songs... Seriously, what good did it make to remove them from TWD? It's not that TT got bored or annoyed with them, they clearly used this feature again in GotG. Does it mean The Walking Dead isn't good enough for the atmospheric music? Or because it would take an actual time and work to find some suitable songs?

Here ya go TT: Soldier's Eyes by Jack Savoretti, World Ender by Lord Huron or The Preacher by Jamie N. Commons.

• The the way guardians turned out I don't doubt it.

darthsansa posted: »

ANF does have some issues and to be quite frank I only really enjoyed Ep 3. But I trust that Telltale will come through in the end, as it always does.

• I'm no expert on game making but can't they make an update to replace the game music with actual songs?

fallandir posted: »

I'm just more upset now after finding out that Guardians got to have credit songs... Seriously, what good did it make to remove them from TW

• Oh... Thanks for the correction.

AChicken posted: »

Uh... Volume 2 is coming early May. May 5th, I think.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited April 2017

> "Don't forget this isn't season 3"
    > Continues referring to it as season 3

step your game up buddy

Continuation? Don't forget this isn't season 3. It's one thing to reuse a song once or twice, but repeat the same song in an episode over

• Hell I'm Romanian too, but I really liked all the games that they made and I don't want them to kiss my ass...

If they don't respect TWD fanbase but DC and Marvel fanbases which are a pain in the ass, they can kiss my Romanian ass.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited April 2017

Sequels don't actually mean a continuation

enter image description here

Explain this then, tough guy

You wanna fight against the dictionary? Fair enou--wait, there is a new definition for 'kicked ass' in it now. And it uses your ass as an example. Because the dictionary just KICKED YOUR ASS

Sequels don't actually mean a continuation. A sequel means an installment that take place AFTER the events of the previous installments.

• Lol

squiral2307 posted: »

Hell I'm Romanian too, but I really liked all the games that they made and I don't want them to kiss my ass...

• It kind of is. Now granted, it's definitely not done as well as it could be, but we've been to Prescott and Richmond, with the mention of a few other communities (namely the hilltop) and he have the inclusion of Jesus who is linking all the communities together, so I think it's frankly untrue to just say "it's not".

It's not.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

For people who are interested episode 4 will be 3.40 GB on Steam.

https://steamdb.info/app/536220/depots/

• Wow, that was genuinely depressing to read.

So cute... it looks like my cat... i saw her being murdered yesterday and now I'm sad.

• edited April 2017

Yes, because everyone is buying Season 3 because they think it's a post-apocalyptic mail and commerce simulator.

Ever occur to you melodramatic Grumpy Guses that Job is talking about the general background of the setting? It's stuff writers think about even if they don't expressly make it part of the story.

More bs to get people to buy the game.

• You think that just because you're a moderator, then that you can curse at people around here? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I've seen you around these forums and most of your comments were disrespectful.

Deltino posted: »

Sequels don't actually mean a continuation Explain this then, tough guy You wanna fight against the dictionary? Fair

• F credit songs, bring back the rewind feature.

fallandir posted: »

I'm just more upset now after finding out that Guardians got to have credit songs... Seriously, what good did it make to remove them from TW

• As I stated, some healthy criticisms and a failed game might make TTG reconsider what they are doing and stop spreading themselves too thin and perhaps question themselves as to why TWD season 1 and TWAU was so successful and try harder to mimic their former success.

But Telltale did exactly that. A New Frontier is the failed game you spoke of. It did horrible financially, at least compared to the other two Seasons, and there were seemingly tons of refunds in the first few weeks. In fact, it did so bad that Telltale took almost three months to apparently rewrite most of the game, with moderate success (Above The Law was better than Episode 1, but still pretty meh). Guardians on the other hand did a lot of things right that ANF has done wrong so far and is off to a promising start.

• People hated the fact that ANF had bad HUBs -> Guardians has good HUBs
    • People criticized the missing characterisation -> Guardians has better characterisation
    • People criticized short episodes -> Guardians has longer episodes
    ZombiePizza posted: »

As I stated, some healthy criticisms and a failed game might make TTG reconsider what they are doing and stop spreading themselves too thin

• How does this size compare to episode 3

OzzyUK posted: »

For people who are interested episode 4 will be 3.40 GB on Steam. https://steamdb.info/app/536220/depots/

• Ep1 - 3.38 GB
    Ep2 - 2.12 GB
    Ep3 - 3.27 GB
    Ep4 - 3.40 GB

Why are these file sizes so large if the episodes themselves are so short? Is this what Telltale meant by the "biggest season yet"?

How does this size compare to episode 3

• Both would be nice. I'm so fucked if I make a choice I don't like and it enters a new chapter right after XD

F credit songs, bring back the rewind feature.

• I just watched one of the most important people in my life being killed. It's not suposed to be happy. Thank you.

Wow, that was genuinely depressing to read.

• [removed]

Wow, that was genuinely depressing to read.

• This is true, they nabbed people with other misleading info.

Yes, because everyone is buying Season 3 because they think it's a post-apocalyptic mail and commerce simulator. Ever occur to you melodr

• Rewind feature seems to be gone for good, however credit music appeared yet again in Guardians, that's why it's weird TWD got omitted.

F credit songs, bring back the rewind feature.

• It's really not even worth mentioning.

Nothing. Just worth mentioning it.

• Takes a lot to make the character models so waxy and reflective

Ep1 - 3.38 GB Ep2 - 2.12 GB Ep3 - 3.27 GB Ep4 - 3.40 GB Why are these file sizes so large if the episodes themselves are so short? Is this what Telltale meant by the "biggest season yet"?

• Might just be a lot of files being overwritten too.

Ep1 - 3.38 GB Ep2 - 2.12 GB Ep3 - 3.27 GB Ep4 - 3.40 GB Why are these file sizes so large if the episodes themselves are so short? Is this what Telltale meant by the "biggest season yet"?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.