Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Releasing April 25th, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• They said it's likely, they didn't outright say "yeah it's happening"

Chibikid posted: »

Telltale did say we would see more Kenny and Jane which would make sense why we see a flashback close to S2.

• edited April 2017

I agree with you that it was stupid that those characters were killed off in 5 minute scenes. But saying that the deaths of Kenny, Jane, and Edith didn't have an impact on Clementine isn't valid.

Those flashbacks happened several months before present day in ANF or in Jane's case 1.5 to 2 years before present day. The flashbacks end right after their deaths and we don't get to see Clementine depressed, when we see her next she has had time to callus over.

Clementine was a child when all of this started and her mental state was forced to jump from child to adult super fast. Her evolution is much more traumatic than Gabe, Marianna and even Carl seeing that they all had their real family to help them adjust to the world's new nature. (Clementine did have Lee but he wasn't her real family, yes he became like a second father to her but he died in less than a year of the beginning of the outbreak before Clem had fully adjusted, the loss of him just adds to her much more traumatic evolution) By the end of season 2 Clementines mental state if far more used to the loss of loved ones than Gabe, Marianna, and Carl. And thus she would get over the deaths of Jane, Kenny, and Eidith faster than most (even among the hardedned survivers of this universe) I am not saying that the pain is gone but she was able to push the pain down by the time her second flashback occured. Not to mention that she is also AJ's surrogate mother and she had to stay strong for him.

bloop posted: »

Lee's dream had an actual meaning these just seem to be just because TellTale knows they fucked up killing off Kenny/Jane/Edith in 5 minute

• The weird thing is that she apparently had time to regain her barrings, as she came to free Javier personally. Though there is a strong possibility that Eleanor could be nearby.

AnimalBoy posted: »

At this point, as Javier all I want to do is make sure Kate is okay. It'll be nice to see Kenny again too if that's indeed included.

• Nice catch!

Davissons posted: »

Wait... Javi gets stabbed... Also, might be a reused model but that looks like Clem's knife.

• edited April 2017

Not a week goes without me talking shit about S3 but oh man I still love it somehow lmao. I can't wait for ep4 :')

• it obvious he was shooting up on something

aj maybe

Deltino posted: »

I just noticed that Lingard has a small tourniquet on his arm: I mean, the trailer was already making it obvious he was shooting up on something, but it's a nice touch nonetheless.

• Put those mad jerks to the rest? You didn't let Kenny kill Jane and then shoot Kenny did you? Honestly for me that is the worst ending of all. I mean i could never see my Clem doing that. It felt so out of character

DabigRG posted: »

"Luckily" for me, I already put both of those mad jerks to the rest, so I didn't even have to bother. The "it was a dream" thing would be so

• Seems like that...

He's gonna pull a Lee, isn't he?

• enter image description here
    enter image description here

But seriously though, is it so hard to add more variety to the models into this scene?

• everyone else: Ooh, older flashback! Can't wait to see Kenny/Jane/E...what's-her-name again!

me: Christa! Christa! Christa...

• csgo reference

Bonbon80 posted: »

Intelligence?

• Not sure whose excited to see those poorly designed and written flashbacks.

everyone else: Ooh, older flashback! Can't wait to see Kenny/Jane/E...what's-her-name again! me: Christa! Christa! Christa...

• Is it just me or is none moving at all in that scene.

bruzdaa posted: »

But seriously though, is it so hard to add more variety to the models into this scene?

• I think your right on Lingard. I think everything that's happened drove him to go back to his drug habits.

DabigRG posted: »

Thoughts on the trailer: "Its sad how we ended up here." You can say that again. David apparently went telepathic on "little brother" G

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Joan's arms are moving but they have slowed the footage down.

Is it just me or is none moving at all in that scene.

• edited April 2017

Plenty of people considering how poorly they handled our favorite characters in episode 1. Let us get some closure, it's happening whether you like it or not.

Not sure whose excited to see those poorly designed and written flashbacks.

• What gives you hope they'll get it right this time?

Plenty of people considering how poorly they handled our favorite characters in episode 1. Let us get some closure, it's happening whether you like it or not.

• Because of the amount of hell that fans raised over how they were treated initially. Telltale knows they shit the bed here, hence why they decided to bring them back yet again.

What gives you hope they'll get it right this time?

• Not hard, just requires finite budget and time that's allocated to other things.

bruzdaa posted: »

• ...or they just ran out of 5 minute poorly written Clem flashbacks.

Because of the amount of hell that fans raised over how they were treated initially. Telltale knows they shit the bed here, hence why they decided to bring them back yet again.

• Oh ffs that happens in many games...stop nitpicking shit. Hell remember the launch of The Last of US? Game killing glitches...maps would not fully load....how many times did people fall through the landscape?

• Already another episode? Well damn!

• The next episode after episode 4 is the last of the season... Damn, how long I've been sleeping????

• I have no idea how true this is, but I've heard they have already finished EP5 and pending release.

• edited April 2017

I demand them to release season 4 in septembre since they made us wait for 3 years to develop the new frontier.

• It'll be a year or so before we got another season IF we do get one.

I demand them to release season 4 in septembre since they made us wait for 3 years to develop the new frontier.

• Since rewind is gone, are you willing to waste an hour of your life by playing a shit episode to save a character who's probably going to die in Episode 4 in the background? If the answer is yes, then go ahead.

I'd say stick with your first choices.

Ok, should I go back and save Conrad?

• I hadn't heard about that, but I think one of the VAs posted to twitter they began recording lines for episode 5 after it was posted that episode 4 had been submitted for a rating, so it seems like they've been working on it for a couple of weeks if that's the case. It may very well be finished or near completion.

I have no idea how true this is, but I've heard they have already finished EP5 and pending release.

• When is season 3 happening?

• Shortest and most disappointing season of anything ever.

• We should'nt have to wait as long as we did for ANF for Season 4. They could literally start working on Season 4 now and if they tried hard enough it could be a quality season that releases before the end of 2017. No need to wait another year or two.

• You'll see we will!

It'll be a year or so before we got another season IF we do get one.

• I still hope A New Frontier is some kind of bridge season that is supposed to create one ultimate starting point of new Clem´s story for all players. This can´t be the last season. But Telltale had better start to care about this franchize instead of diversions like Guardians.Why did they put more effort into that game for fucksake.

We should'nt have to wait as long as we did for ANF for Season 4. They could literally start working on Season 4 now and if they tried hard enough it could be a quality season that releases before the end of 2017. No need to wait another year or two.

• *Season 3

• Its pretty disappointing knowing ep 4 is coming out so soon, if anything it makes it feel like that whole 4 months of figuring out what to do to improve the season means they went back to the working on more than 1 ep at the same time., instead of just ep 3 being worked on for the 4 months (But lets be honest, considering nothing really happened in ep 3 it isnt hard to notice that they were doing more than ep 3 in that 4 months wait.)

• I hope Eleanor has a scene where she fixes it like Kate.

Davissons posted: »

Wait... Javi gets stabbed... Also, might be a reused model but that looks like Clem's knife.

• Yes I always keep characters alive because you get more story

Ok, should I go back and save Conrad?

• Sounds like they've adopted the North Korean haircut policy!

Menotog posted: »

It breaks immersion we you see that %50 of the population has the same haircut or outfit.

• B-but... It's not a season...

Shortest and most disappointing season of anything ever.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.