Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Releasing April 25th, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• I am ready for Telltale to somehow stick a butter knife into my chest once again.
    enter image description here

• It's a reference to both some random thoughts and a post in a topic from after Above the Law's trailer was released that eventually invoked people to talk about deaths. I specified that while I'd rather we didn't just kill off characters for the sake of it, I would prefer if each New Frontier member had a designated enemy to do them in, with Gabe being unlikely to have one with David having a personal connection with Clementine and Javier.

Fangirl101 posted: »

I see they're apparently pushing Tripp as Ava's rival instead of Clementine or Gabe....K. I like the idea of Tripp and Ava being riv

• I think everyone in the game could benefit from obtaining the level of fuck free chill Lingard has.

TheMPerson posted: »

Why does the Doctor remind me of the Medic from TF2?

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

We're all soldiers now

Sharples65 posted: »

We all overreact now.

• Agreed.

dan290786 posted: »

Telltale shouldn't bother making another flashback with Kenny/Jane. They have already fucked things up in the first flashback they did. Bringing them back here is a waste of time

• Given what he said in the trailer, that'd be an interesting thing to say.

Hopefully she is saying this to Gabe.

• Run, AJ, Run!

fallandir posted: »

If some dumbfuck which ain't Kenny thinks he can wear Kenny's holy hat, I'm gonna drop a salt lick on that dude's face to teach him some manners.

• When was Telltale not known for reusing character models?

It's an old complaint that really doesn't matter.

Menotog posted: »

Amazing excuse for laziness.

In all fairness, they've been doing this since S1. Reused character models (the bandits, although to be fair that's about the only actual group of people you run into), reused walker models (herds are just poor quality .jpg zombies in the background that slightly move back and forth, and most zombie models are consistently reused)

I'm just saying, if we're gonna call them out on laziness, we should at least call them out on stuff they weren't already lazy about to begin with

Oh God, just look at all those clones in the crowd. At least 5 of them have the same haircut and jacket.

• I agree that the Lee flashback had true meaning and significance. What would be the point of more Kenny and Jane flashbacks? Having them remember choices that won't make a difference.

bloop posted: »

Lee's dream had an actual meaning these just seem to be just because TellTale knows they fucked up killing off Kenny/Jane/Edith in 5 minute

• How much better would it be if instead of the game constantly stopping to take the narrative equivalent of bathroom breaks with it's shitty flashback sequences, if Clem was instead steadily feeding us actual dialogue that we as players could reflect back toward her with and then around episode 4, have a much longer sequence of her previously revealed backstory through the majority of the episode rather than it sneezing little expository blurbs here-and-there?

Cause it effectively ruins the pacing when we have to view her weird PTSD thing rather than being updated as the story moves along. So far, the flashbacks are, without question, the most shitty thing ANF has done.

Chibikid posted: »

I'm not sure why we need anymore flashbacks since we know they die and I can live without those poorly designed 3 minute flashbacks. To me this come off as telltale trying to keep clementine somewhat playable to appease old fans.

• Excited for this episode. I kind of doubt it will retain the same amount of detail in conversations that Episode 3 did, but we'll see.

• When all you want is Episode 4, so you load up the game to see Episode 4 Coming Soon..

• *High as a Kate

Melton23 posted: »

She looks high as a kite in this image

• Clem can also do many other things:
    Stab Stranger with a cleaver
    Shoot Stranger
    Kill Kenny
    Shoot Mike (It was removed in an update, but still she would've done it)
    Etc.
    Those are just the things she's done directly. There's so many indirect deaths she caused like:
    Lee
    Ben (If saved in Bell Tower)
    Bonnie
    Luke
    and more

Everyone in zombie apocallypse is a MONSTER except Clem and Lee And that is far from all. No one still alive at this point is innocent.

• Why that "-__-" face? Isn't positivity a good thing? I understand that a game needs criticism, but frowning upon positivity?

Fury2014 posted: »

People in the comments are positive as always -__-

• Lingard saying "So this is what this is about? You want to know where the boy is?" makes me think this is not a flashback

hesif posted: »

Could still be a flashback

• 0:18 I wonder if those are graves of people we know....
    0:53 That guy's pointing a gun at Gabe

edited April 2017

I just noticed that Lingard has a small tourniquet on his arm:

I mean, the trailer was already making it obvious he was shooting up on something, but it's a nice touch nonetheless.

• Damn you might be right! I reallllllly hope so

Fury2014 posted: »

Guys, I just realized one thing! In the trailer, it seems Clem is alone with Dr.Lingard, sooooo maybe we will get to play as her after all Not only in flashbacks!!!!!!!! Bottoms up

• They've actually gotten a lot better with the zombie models, gotta give them that. There's been some really cool and unique walker models this Season so far, and ANF's generic walkers also look a lot better than the ones in previous Seasons.

Deltino posted: »

In all fairness, they've been doing this since S1. Reused character models (the bandits, although to be fair that's about the only actual gr

• Why else should they though? For fan service? It's too late to make up for their shit. I changed my season 2 ending due to how upset I was and i have never ever changed my choices since Season 1 but felt i had to for the first time for the disasterous shit that took place in the Ep1 flashback.

Nothing they do will make up for it. Not unless they somehow explain that Clem's first flashback was wrong somehow and that maybe it was a dream instead of a flashback but we know that will never happen

DabigRG posted: »

Agreed.

AJ is the intelligence confirmed

that's the real reason he was taken

Why does the Doctor remind me of the Medic from TF2?

• Ok, should I go back and save Conrad?

• Yes you should. You won't regret it. But don't forget about the choice in ep 3 that will have him either die or live.

Ok, should I go back and save Conrad?

• Intelligence?

AJ is the intelligence confirmed that's the real reason he was taken

• "Luckily" for me, I already put both of those mad jerks to the rest, so I didn't even have to bother. The "it was a dream" thing would be something of a copout, but you could argue it cancels out anyway, so hopefully they'll do that right.

Still, I personally feel there's no point in bringing them back again after everything that happened: Kenny really doesn't need any more screentime(no offense, but sometimes it's best to let old dogs lie) and anything they do with Jane is dead on arrival after what she did. Wouldn't mind Edith getting some love and development, though.

dan290786 posted: »

Why else should they though? For fan service? It's too late to make up for their shit. I changed my season 2 ending due to how upset I was a

• Sarcasm, bruh.

Why that "-__-" face? Isn't positivity a good thing? I understand that a game needs criticism, but frowning upon positivity?

• He's gonna pull a Lee, isn't he?

I just noticed that Lingard has a small tourniquet on his arm: I mean, the trailer was already making it obvious he was shooting up on something, but it's a nice touch nonetheless.

• It breaks immersion we you see that %50 of the population has the same haircut or outfit.

When was Telltale not known for reusing character models? It's an old complaint that really doesn't matter.

• Who cares, I'm sure we will never feel 100% immersed into a world until the graphics look identical to the real world.

Menotog posted: »

It breaks immersion we you see that %50 of the population has the same haircut or outfit.

• edited April 2017

At 0:36 you get a brief shot of Gabe rushing out and tackling some guy.

At 0:53 we see Javi rushing out at the same guy. This makes me think that this guy caught Clem sneaking around the same place that Javi and Gabe were entering - we know it could be Clem as Javi says "Get away from her" (although admittedly this might be one of those times where TT do some speech splicing to fool us).

I believe this might be a moment where we have a choice - 'Help Clem' or 'Stay Back' - the reason for staying back being that Clem could handle the guy herself and that attacking him might alert anyone else in the nearby area. However, if you stay back Gabe goes in to tackle the guy anyway. There might be some other elements in play though, since I highly doubt many people would stay back in that situation.

This would also explain why we as Javier would see that scene between Clem and Lingard, since they run into each other before going to the hospital for whatever reason to witness the dialogue between Clem and Lingard from Javi's perspective.

EDIT - Disregard most of this, sounds like Javi might've said "get away from him." Misheard it, my bad!

• Thoughts on the trailer:

"Its sad how we ended up here." You can say that again.:lol:
    David apparently went telepathic on "little brother"
    Great to see Kate's getting involved after two episodes of being down. What's going on with her eyes, btw?
    Looks like the teams are gonna be Javier & Gabe, Tripp & Ava, and Kate & Eleanor.
    Shades-chick is still working for Joan. I hope you choice to side with Kate pays off with her.
    Gabe is gearin for action again and he means business this time.
    Oh boy, Dr. Lingard doesn't seem very negotiable at the moment. Guess learning about Joan's backdoor dealings drove him back to his old habits.
    So Bowser Jr. is the executioner. That's actually pretty awesome.

• edited April 2017

It is a possibility that this flashback takes place while Kenny was still alive but I do not see how Jane or Edith would be in this flashback.

Jane committed suicide when AJ was still tiny. Also it was not visually obvious that she was pregnant (aside from her morning sickness which Clem didn't really get the option to learn what that meant) leaving us with a 1-3 month gap between Season 2 and the Jane flashback. In the new flashback in the trailer AJ is a toddler.

With the Wellington flashback AJ progressed to the toddler stage inside of Wellington. From one of the posters in the background it is shown that Clementine was a hunter/patroller for Wellington so perhaps she was outside hunting or something but I don't see why she would have AJ with her when there is a safe town where AJ could be with someone she trusts. When Edith, Clem, and AJ were fleeing Wellington Edith gets shot in the head, so Edith is kind of out of the picture.

UPDATE: So I thought about this a little and realized that it is possible that the different endings you get will have a totaly different flashback, and that it is not confined to the campsite we see in the trailer.

bloop posted: »

Oh boy, I can't wait to see these ugly mugs again.

• edited April 2017

Wait...

Javi gets stabbed...

Also, might be a reused model but that looks like Clem's knife.

• edited April 2017

At this point, as Javier all I want to do is make sure Kate is okay. It'll be nice to see Kenny again too if that's indeed included.

• edited April 2017

Yeah, he also doesn't wear his backpack here:

Davissons posted: »

Wait... Javi gets stabbed... Also, might be a reused model but that looks like Clem's knife.

• Bowser Jr as the executioner what a great plot twist XD .

DabigRG posted: »

Thoughts on the trailer: "Its sad how we ended up here." You can say that again. David apparently went telepathic on "little brother" G

• Just telltale doing telltale

Sign in to comment in this discussion.