Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Releasing April 25th, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• The trailer for episode 4 is releasing on April the 20th? 4/20?

enter image description here

Time to celebrate I guess with some dank OG bud.

• Clem is going to save us all, right before execution.

I lost my shit over this lmao I'm so excited! I don't think David is gonna die, but it's gonna come close. The noose could be symbolic (h

• Jeez, you might as well swap the character models of Javi and Kate kissing in Episode 1 at the junkyard.

GabentineConfirmed

• With the Australia rating saying more impact on drugs pretty much confirms Kate will hook everyone up with weed XD .

The trailer for episode 4 is releasing on April the 20th? 4/20? Time to celebrate I guess with some dank OG bud.

• It seems like Clem and Gabe is only hope to save em.
    And I just hope Gabe didn't ruin everything.

Fangirl101 posted: »

I know right! I was actually hoping for him to get a bigger role in future episodes. He himself said that he wanted to be more useful and prove himself worthy. Ava is in trouble, too... I am worried about her as well.

• That's what I like to hear.

Creeper1846 posted: »

With the Australia rating saying more impact on drugs pretty much confirms Kate will hook everyone up with weed XD .

• Please change Android and iOS date to 26,27 or 28. We already know it's gonna be delayed.

• Not sure if I like Thicker than Water's banner.

• For starters, everyone's expressions don't really scream "trouble." Aside from Ava and to an extent Clementine, they look so casual.
    • Clementine just looks wrong at that angle: she's reverse-blind in one eye, her expression isn't as alarmed as it's likely meant to be, her donkadonk is seemingly invoking Rob Liefeld, and is she wearing a necklace or something? Do like the suture scar, though.
    • Is there any particular reason Javier takes up roughly half of the friggin thing? At least Gabe is proportionally acceptable in that regard.
    • Nice to see Gabe's gonna get his time in the sun, even if he doesn't particularly moved by it. I know his character development had him mellow out significantly in his contrasting assertiveness, but damn.
    • David in particular doesn't look annoyed so much as patiently waiting.
    • I see they're apparently pushing Tripp as Ava's rival instead of Clementine or Gabe....K.
    • I never really noticed how odd Ava's face can look at times. Then again, that's par the course for many of the characters in this new artstyle.
    • What's up with Bowser Jr., Skullface, and Touchdown back there?
  • edited April 2017

lol i thought the name of this episode is Thicker Than Water

• Wouldn't it be cool if Clemmy and Gabe are gonna be a thing by the end of the last 2 eps?

Zack040 posted: »

It seems like Clem and Gabe is only hope to save em. And I just hope Gabe didn't ruin everything.

• And her boyfriend Gabe... hopefully

Megaodg33 posted: »

Clem is going to save us all, right before execution.

• edited April 2017

I think Gabe will be epic and turn out to be the hero of the episode lol.
    Makes sense since he told Javier he wants to be a man and do something good.
    He is likely a sole survivor like Carl Grimes..

AronDracula posted: »

Conrad and Gabe might be the Nick and Sarah in this season, you know what I mean?

• edited April 2017

Kenny, Jane and Bonnie made it through an entire season (determinant) so maybe it is possible. Unless you mean all 5 episodes then I don't know

I say he's going to be determinant. Would be really cool if David is able to make it through the entire season, but no determinant character has ever done that.

• edited April 2017

I hope there is flashback in the episode or next episode where clem says goodbye to her parents before they leave to go on vaction

• calling it - if Conrad survived to EP4 there will be a scene where the ANF gang are about to be hung and Conrad dies before the day is saved

• I see they're apparently pushing Tripp as Ava's rival instead of Clementine or Gabe....K.

I like the idea of Tripp and Ava being rivals. Don't forget, she punched him in front of everyone and embarassed him soo... Rivalry with Clementine seems kinda predictable. Wait, Gabe?!

DabigRG posted: »

Not sure if I like Thicker than Water's banner. * For starters, everyone's expressions don't really scream "trouble." Aside from Ava an

• That be an overkill, since they've done that pretty much with season 2's finale trailer.

vickytonner posted: »

I hope there is flashback in the episode or next episode where clem says goodbye to her parents before they leave to go on vaction

• If Conrad survived up untill now he will safe David, if not David is done for. Called it!

calling it - if Conrad survived to EP4 there will be a scene where the ANF gang are about to be hung and Conrad dies before the day is saved

• Regardless of whether or not they photoshopped them in it, it still looked great. Why? Because of the balance. Clem is in the center and you have Luke and Kenny on both of her sides and with a background.

Then you have this abomination where you slap the logo on the middle and then scatter every character around it.

I personally find it better than last time episode's 4 banner, where they just shopped Luke, Kenny, and Clem from previous episodes onto it.

• It'll probably be related to that doctor guy again, tbh. You can't just introduce him as a drug addict and not have it go anywhere.

With the Australia rating saying more impact on drugs pretty much confirms Kate will hook everyone up with weed XD .

• I agree. I loved Clem in Season 1 and in Season 2 the attachment was still there but this was the start of it not feeling like the Clem i wanted, that my Lee taught her etc. Now Telltale shit on everything we ever did regarding choices from the past 2 seasons and quite frankly killing her off would be a blessing for the absolute disgraceful, lazy, horrible way Telltale have portrayed her this season. I really hope they don't make a Season 4 (or more appropriately ANF Season 2 because let's face it, this new game is their idea of a failed reboot as they have decided to erase the memory of the past 2 seasons)

I don't understand that misconstrued notion that Clementine is the quintessential piece of Telltale's TWD series. Isn't the whole gimmick

• Oh dear! This is an earlier release than expected which means this is going to be a really shit, rushed episode again and i am calling it right now that it will be considered the worst of this season. Jesus Telltale, you really have lost your way

• I can see Javier and Gabe saving his last minute, maybe even clementine. Maybe he'd already be hanging from the noose and is cut down or something before he runs out of air.

I lost my shit over this lmao I'm so excited! I don't think David is gonna die, but it's gonna come close. The noose could be symbolic (h

• edited April 2017

No time left was released a month after around every corner and that was very well done. Remember they started writing for the 2 final episodes when they were working on above the law, they didn't start once it was released.

dan290786 posted: »

Oh dear! This is an earlier release than expected which means this is going to be a really shit, rushed episode again and i am calling it right now that it will be considered the worst of this season. Jesus Telltale, you really have lost your way

• edited April 2017

But the thing is, i think people like myself would be totally fine with Clem taking a backseat as i get that Telltale are trying to tell Javier's story but that is the exact problem. What story? What do we really know about Javier apart from that he was a baseball player? Who were his friends before the ZA? Why not have a mention of a past event like a story he could share, something to give us that's interesting. What do we really know about Kate's life and David's kids? Or any of the other characters apart from brief minor mentions of some background info. At least with Season 1 we got attached to a large portion of the characters:

• Lee's background (obviously), the murder of the senator, the affair his wife was having, he was a history teacher at UGA, his family owned a drugstore in Macon, he had 1 brother.

• Kenny was a fisherman, his wife a veterinarian and they had a son. Katjaa was originally from Belgium and had a sister in Memphis.

• Clem was 8 years old, only child to Ed and Diana who had left her with a babysitter. Clem had a friend called Alfred who had a peanut allergy. She had a pet goldfish and once had a pet hamster.

• Omid and Christa were from San Francisco, they had been travelling for 6 months going on an American road trip. Omid was into Civil war history like Lee, they owned an apartment together and had a pet cat.

• Even the St John's had decent background to their characters, owning a dairy farm which won numerous awards in the 90's, Danny won a trophy in baseball, Andy earned a degree in college, Brenda's husband built up the farm to what it was when we saw it including extending the house.

It's the little things like that what made me love Season 1, i got attached so much to the characters in this game and even the antagonists were hard to hate if i'm honest. Season 3 just gives me nothing at all, no feels, no real interest in any of these new characters. I didn't feel anything when Mariana died, i won't be bothered when Tripp or Kate or anyone else is killed off either and that is all due to the fact that i know nothing of these characters and the way they have been written in this story. Sadly i think i won't even be sad if they killed Clem off because the way she is this season is not the Clem my Lee wanted her to be.

So the release should definitely be the 25th of its on April or unless telltale do what they did with minecraft and Micchone and release it

• Yeah and that was back when they were only working on one game at a time. They had the ability to put all their eggs into one basket back then, that's the difference.

Melton23 posted: »

No time left was released a month after around every corner and that was very well done. Remember they started writing for the 2 final episodes when they were working on above the law, they didn't start once it was released.

• Remember they started writing for the 2 final episodes when they were working on above the law, they didn't start once it was released.

Now is that what Telltale said? If so i wouldn't be surprised if it was another one of their lies lol

• edited April 2017

Well, many are worried about Clem's 'hips size' and her 'fat' appearance. I guess it is just an illusion due to hurried work of the artist. Clem is turning back and looking at the cam, the brown area below is not her waist but actually her back side. And talking about her 'hips', well... Whats the name of the episode again? Lmao i didnt say shit, sorry xD

• Well, thats right :/

lol i thought the name of this episode is Thicker Than Water

• Wait a sec... WHERE'S KATE IN THE KEYART? TTG ARTISTS MISSED SOMETHING?

• So? Lol

AdamRoberts posted: »

Wait a sec... WHERE'S KATE IN THE KEYART? TTG ARTISTS MISSED SOMETHING?

• edited April 2017

Sub bros my name is AAAAAROOON DRAAAACULA welcome back to another comments fight were i am the every day hero by teaching some goofballs what is the the real meaning of Sequels and by the meaning i mean as real continuation to a story of a character that had previous story not a shit reboot with a new character as the main character with a story the main charatcer of series in it had no role at all in it and all the hard work have been put in the previous games resting in the tombstone and its the ultimate UPSIDE down of the continuation of a story and the complete opposite of the meaning of Sequels.

AronDracula posted: »

Sup, bruh

• No. It's what telltale does for all of their games, they started writing for episode 5 season 1 after the 3rd episode, why do you think we only have to wait a few months and not half of a year? Or a whole year?

Remember they started writing for the 2 final episodes when they were working on above the law, they didn't start once it was released. Now is that what Telltale said? If so i wouldn't be surprised if it was another one of their lies lol

• That's what I thought

Well, many are worried about Clem's 'hips size' and her 'fat' appearance. I guess it is just an illusion due to hurried work of the artist.

• T H I C C er than water.

Well, many are worried about Clem's 'hips size' and her 'fat' appearance. I guess it is just an illusion due to hurried work of the artist.

• Well one thing for sure is...the episode will be short as hell again.

I just wish they would write a decent game again like they did with Season 1. This game (if it can be called a game) falls so flat compared to the last 2 seasons

No. It's what telltale does for all of their games, they started writing for episode 5 season 1 after the 3rd episode, why do you think we only have to wait a few months and not half of a year? Or a whole year?

• They got a new team of writers in, that's why above the law was actually decent.

Well one thing for sure is...the episode will be short as hell again. I just wish they would write a decent game again like they did with Season 1. This game (if it can be called a game) falls so flat compared to the last 2 seasons

• Well it certainly was better than eps1 and 2 but for me it still wasn't great.

Glad you enjoyed it though. Sadly nothing they do will make me like their games again. Not unless they recreate how they made season 1

They got a new team of writers in, that's why above the law was actually decent.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.