Life is Strange sequel confirmed

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/05/18/life-is-strange-sequel/

Destiny 2 gameplay and Life is Strange Season 2 announcement. Gotta say this is one of the best news I've heard this month.

Tagged:

Comments

• I wonder if they will continue with a new protagonist or use Max again. And I wonder if it is a new protagonist if the person will have time traveling powers or something else.

• Plot twist: The protagonist of S2 is Hawt Dawg Man.
    enter image description here

Each episode ends like this
    :

• My money is on a new protagonist with the events of Season 1 being referenced.

I wonder if they will continue with a new protagonist or use Max again. And I wonder if it is a new protagonist if the person will have time traveling powers or something else.

• This news definitely made my day today. I'm very happy <3

I'm sure they'll use a completely new setting with a new cast. Maybe we get to see some references to Life is Strange, but Max's story is wrapped up.

• Not exactly a surprise wasn't this confirmed almost immediately after it was clear the first game was a hit? In the meantime hopefully Vampyr isn't shit.

• ... I thought everyone knew this already

• edited May 2017

Max controlled Time... It would be nice to see someone contolling Space (like, teleporting and traveling through timelines and going all Bioshock Infinine) or actually dealing with being the sidekick... though it would be boring not to have this special rewinding mechanic... I don't know how they can make a good game with time travel and making it special... It loses its grace when many other people have powers.

I was thinking, it would be cool to see Rachel Amber's story, but it would totally fuck up a fanfic I'm writing (by now it looks AWSOME and I still want things to make sense, not changing much of the characters and making things in a way that could totally work in the same universe from the original, yet changing the whole universe with some OCs and theories and time travel)

I have faith in DontNod. I hope they don't go like Telltale and ANF...

Plus I hope they add good, real indie music, less pop, more Radical Face, Iron and Wine, Roo Panes like. Mountains was great, but almost every other song made me cringe.

• Have you really forgotten the shitty 5th episode of LiS..they had 30 minutes of actual story with tons of padding..oh and nothing mattered...either you destroy the town or kill chloe...either way...no other choice mattered.

Max controlled Time... It would be nice to see someone contolling Space (like, teleporting and traveling through timelines and going all Bi

• Omg!!!! I've loved this game I never thought this would happen! Hopefully it comes by the end of 2017.

• Very cool to see another game being put out! Personally I would probably prefer if it was a new game with new characters, as much as I love Kate, Max, Chloe, and all them. DONTNOD really made a masterpiece with LiS. I would love a whole new game from them. A completely new experience.

• I'm a hoping for a new cast a new protagonist and a new power, but keep the overall vibe of the game if that makes sense.

I wonder if they will continue with a new protagonist or use Max again. And I wonder if it is a new protagonist if the person will have time traveling powers or something else.

• Very curious to see what they do. I liked the first game so I'm definitely looking forward to this! :)

• Also perhaps some questions being answered such as:

1. How did Max get her powers?
    2. Are there more like her?
    3. If so are each powers the same or different?
    AgentZ46 posted: »

I'm a hoping for a new cast a new protagonist and a new power, but keep the overall vibe of the game if that makes sense.

• Well, you all know my opinion on this game, so I'm not going to say anything regarding that. I hope that, for all of you looking forward to it, the sequel will live up to your expectations and that you get some enjoyment out of it. And I will say this, one good thing that I hope will come out of this is that it will give Telltale some competition again, forcing them to step up their game and put some more work into their projects.

• I'm really hoping that 2 is yes because that'd be really interesting. I still remember the interesting speculation when people thought that Nathan saw the tornado like Max did. As for 3 hopefully different and they don't do the rewind thing again. And 1 would probably be that crap about the universe.

MatthewPaul posted: »

Also perhaps some questions being answered such as: * How did Max get her powers? * Are there more like her? * If so are each powers the same or different?

• I think the reason why I enjoyed the game as much as I did, I think it was how the game was able to evoke these feelings of weird nostalgia childhood innocence in me. I played the game less for the story, but more because of how beautiful and weird sense of peace that the environment made me feel.

It is difficult to explain, but the game made me feel something, that's why I enjoyed it more than I thought it would.

Although when the finale came, all my feelings went to Tales from the Borderlands EP5 of course. :D

Well, you all know my opinion on this game, so I'm not going to say anything regarding that. I hope that, for all of you looking forward to

• Well thank you for being a good sport by acknowledging our interest in the series, and not letting your dislike of it get in the way.

I tip my hat to you, sir!

Well, you all know my opinion on this game, so I'm not going to say anything regarding that. I hope that, for all of you looking forward to

• Man, I'm hyped for the cringening part 2

• Well, have fun with that.

• Ahhhhhhh finally!! Though I'm definitely going to miss Max & Chloe :( (Like continuing from the endings from season 1 seems impossible, they'd have to make completely different games lmao.) But I hope the new characters will grow on me as much as those 2 did!

• I hope we get née people to see and person to play but have easter eggs that happen in the first season

• edited May 2017

This is great! I enjoyed playing Life Is Strange and look forward to the new game. I wonder if Max will be in it?

• Well, no. You're right.

Have you really forgotten the shitty 5th episode of LiS..they had 30 minutes of actual story with tons of padding..oh and nothing mattered...either you destroy the town or kill chloe...either way...no other choice mattered.

• Come on, it wasn't that bad

Man, I'm hyped for the cringening part 2

• if they just tone down on all the cringe then this should really be sweet

• The cringe? Oh god yes it was that bad.

The game? I like it a lot.

Come on, it wasn't that bad

• I've never even played the first one lmao. Probably should give it a try.

• First season will be a dream sequence of the second season. They're pulling a reverse Newhart on you!

• Yeah, the last episode did blow. Kinda ruined a great build.

Have you really forgotten the shitty 5th episode of LiS..they had 30 minutes of actual story with tons of padding..oh and nothing mattered...either you destroy the town or kill chloe...either way...no other choice mattered.

• Too old of a reference?

Sorry, more like Dallas.

Wait, I've got one more modern.
    More like St. Elsewhere.

What was with the 80's and dream season cop-outs?

Johro posted: »

First season will be a dream sequence of the second season. They're pulling a reverse Newhart on you!

• Sorry if I spoiled any of that. You're not missing much... Except for Newhart. Newhart was pretty good. That was a comedy show though. Like knowing how Seinfeld ends doesn't really ruin the show for you. The shows were about the jokes.

Johro posted: »

Too old of a reference? Sorry, more like Dallas. Wait, I've got one more modern. More like St. Elsewhere. What was with the 80's and dream season cop-outs?

• edited May 2017

• Awesome! The first season was great but the ending was meh

• I really hope they choose a new protagonist. If the game follows Max again, there'll have to be no Chloe in it with her fate being unconfirmed. Having one ending confirmed canon will be just a big "FUCK YOU"

• Hated this game. Give me a reason story wise or character wise OR EVEN VOICE ACTING why this game is good.

• Dude, you don't have to like the game, no one's trying to convince you otherwise.

Hated this game. Give me a reason story wise or character wise OR EVEN VOICE ACTING why this game is good.

• I wonder if Max will be in it?

I hope not.

This is great! I enjoyed playing Life Is Strange and look forward to the new game. I wonder if Max will be in it?

• I wouldn't recommend to but if you want to have fun, feel free to give it a go.

Twistee posted: »

I've never even played the first one lmao. Probably should give it a try.

• You should try it the train feel in the game is real its almost sad as TWD s1.
    The game in my opinion is better then some of TT games around here but the tale from the borderlands and The walking dead season 1.

Twistee posted: »

I've never even played the first one lmao. Probably should give it a try.

• Eh, it was alright. The ending kinda toppled it over

Sign in to comment in this discussion.