MCSM Episode 202 Waiting Thread - Releasing August 15th, Trailer Out Now

dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
edited August 2017 in Minecraft: Story Mode

Please remember to NOT post any gameplay videos or spoilers in this thread, doing so may result in your account getting a timeout.

Minecraft: Story Mode - Season 2

Release Dates

• PC - August 15th
  • Playstation 4 North America - August 15th
  • Playstation 4 Europe - August 15th
  • Xbox One - August 15th
  • Xbox 360 - August 18th
  • iOS - August 15th
  • Android - August 17th

News

August 9th

August 4th

August 2nd

July 28th:

July 27th:

• Activity on Steam Database

July 19th:

• News Post: While talking about 'Batman: The Enemy Within', Telltale comments on Minecraft's next Episode
    • "...And don’t forget, Minecraft: Story Mode - Season Two and Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: A Telltale Series are both still going strong. Expect new episodes for both later next month. Until then, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram so you don’t miss out on the other fun stuff we’re rolling out during Comic-Con this weekend."

July 14th:

Please try to stick to genuine, on topic posts. This thread is meant for fans of both Minecraft and Telltale to wait for the game. Thanks!

Discussion of spoilers from past episodes is okay, but please do not discuss story spoilers (or share videos) relevant to this particular episode inside its own Waiting Thread - Episode Waiting Threads are meant to be spoiler free discussions where people can follow news updates and see if an episode is out yet.

Be respectful of personal boundaries towards Telltale Staff members (past and present). Keep all game discussions focused on the content and not the creators. Avoid posting social media content from staff members that is not related to official and intentional game promotion. Please note that most staff members cannot directly comment on future episode release dates, upcoming episode spoilers, etc.

Comments

• Yay! First comment! That Episode was amazing though. And now we wait...

• Second comment! man that first episode was a big step forward for telltale imo.

• I have fainted from all that is happening!

• edited July 2017

A huge shock!

• Episode 1 was awesome. What are your thougts on episode 1?

• edited July 2017

I really liked episode one. I thought it was really good. Also:"Miss Butter". XD I guess thats what Petra named her sword

• edited July 2017

I really liked episode one. I thought it was really good. Also:"Miss Butter". XD I died at that part. I also liked the little cut scene after the credits showing Lukas at his house working on the novel. Based on the cut scene, and the picture for Episode 2, I'm guessing that we'll see Lukas? I also liked the new design for the credits. It looked like TWD credits to me.

• It was a funny name for a sword XD

I really liked episode one. I thought it was really good. Also:"Miss Butter". XD I guess thats what Petra named her sword

• Yeah same for me :)

I really liked episode one. I thought it was really good. Also:"Miss Butter". XD I died at that part. I also liked the little cut scene afte

• Anybody looked at the episode 2 achievement called "Winter is coming?"

• Episode 5s plot and image looks really really intresting.

• Heck yeah.

collboy600 posted: »

Episode 5s plot and image looks really really intresting.

• I hope we will se Olivia and Axel in episode 2 ^^

• Game of thrones season 2 teasing much?

Kris_havard posted: »

Anybody looked at the episode 2 achievement called "Winter is coming?"

• Well Probably do

I hope we will se Olivia and Axel in episode 2 ^^

• Yeah it Probably is :)

Creeper1846 posted: »

Game of thrones season 2 teasing much?

• Anyone know when the android version released? I've checked google play but MC:SM 2 not released yet. Or is it because not released in indonesia country yet?

• I wish I could agree with you, but....

How did u find the episode 5 plot xD

Episode 5s plot and image looks really really intresting.

• I shall now call my dog Buttercup "Miss Butter" xD

• Go to the home menu then go to episode 5 and read the plot.

I wish I could agree with you, but.... How did u find the episode 5 plot xD

• You can see Plot Descriptions and episode art for future episodes on the episode select screen.

I wish I could agree with you, but.... How did u find the episode 5 plot xD

• That was a very solid start for the season. and it took me almost 2 and a half hours too.I think this is gonna be a fun season.

• edited July 2017

I just noticed something. If you go to the picture for Episode 3,"Jailhouse Block", if you look to the right you see a character in the shadows. Its arm kinda looked brown, and if you looked up it looked like there was a tealish bottom and then a blue/dark grey top. Maybe its Gabriel?? Tell me what you think.
    But thats just a theory. A GAME THEORY.(xD I couldn't stop myself from doing that)

Anybody looked at the episode 2 achievement called "Winter is coming?"

• Hm. I didn't see that. All I saw was the episode art and "COMING SOON" and a box that said "BUY THE SEASON PASS".

You can see Plot Descriptions and episode art for future episodes on the episode select screen.

• But I don't know if its on all iPhone 6 platforms, but for some reason all I see is a green background and it just shows "Buy The Season Pass" the thumbnail for Episode 1 and "EPISODE 2: COMING SOON!". I don't know if its a glitch or what.

Hm. I didn't see that. All I saw was the episode art and "COMING SOON" and a box that said "BUY THE SEASON PASS".

• The plots description is right under the episodes name.

Hm. I didn't see that. All I saw was the episode art and "COMING SOON" and a box that said "BUY THE SEASON PASS".

• For some reason I dont have that. But I use an iPhone 6 for it so I don't know if its different for you

Go to the home menu then go to episode 5 and read the plot.

• Yeah i hope they will make every episode of this season that long. The only thing i want is more action :)

That was a very solid start for the season. and it took me almost 2 and a half hours too.I think this is gonna be a fun season.

• There's actually plenty of action in the episode its just that its spaced out. I thought the late middle act took a bit of hit in that department, since each act had some sort of action sequence, but the middle was a bit more build up than necessary for the temple.

Yeah i hope they will make every episode of this season that long. The only thing i want is more action

• I thought that when I had a look at the trophies! :)

Yeah it Probably is

• Well on PS4 you can see all the episodes thumbnails and read a little description about what will happen.

For some reason I dont have that. But I use an iPhone 6 for it so I don't know if its different for you

• Ya I don't have that all it says is coming soon

The plots description is right under the episodes name.

• Yea i think thats why well il just tell you the description it will have a new enemy whos not the admin and he is covered in blood or redstone i have a feeling its soron

For some reason I dont have that. But I use an iPhone 6 for it so I don't know if its different for you

• Here's what I think would happen in the episode 2.

1. A flashback that is affected by the final choice of A Journey's End.
    2. Dan/Lizzy being mentioned by Stampy and Stacy.
    3. A confrontation with Stella that plays similar to confronting Hugo Vasquez in the middle of the dessert on TftB Episode 2.
  • edited July 2017
    1. The lead writer for the season confirmed that there won't be any flashbacks referencing the past season
    2. Dan and Lizzy were planned to be mentioned, but they couldn't find a subtle way of mentioning them without sounding overbearing.
    3. That could be pretty fun.
    matteso586 posted: »

Here's what I think would happen in the episode 2. * A flashback that is affected by the final choice of A Journey's End. * Dan/Lizzy

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Here they are for you
    enter image description here

Ya I don't have that all it says is coming soon

• Oh thanks

Yea i think thats why well il just tell you the description it will have a new enemy whos not the admin and he is covered in blood or redstone i have a feeling its soron

• Another TT game ruined by that horrible main menu design they've been using for a while....

• "Ruined"

Yep completely unplayable. An absolute disgrace 0/10 menu too clean.

Another TT game ruined by that horrible main menu design they've been using for a while....

• Excactly. But jokes aside, the episode selection in S2 is really generic compared to S1 with it's dynamic transitions and little animations.

"Ruined" Yep completely unplayable. An absolute disgrace 0/10 menu too clean.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.