GOTG Episode 3 Waiting Thread - Episode Coming August 22nd, new key art, Trailer out now

Comments

• Lmao

Pipas posted: »

1 month a very long time I see you're new at this.

• One of the ep of GoT wait was longest, if i'm right... Right?

Come again when you have experienced 5 Months

• Ok this is stupid the waiting thread for minecraft episode 2 hasn’t even been here for a day and it’s already at 3 pages while this has been here for more than a month and only five pages? If only people realized what they are missing out on. But anyway this episode should come out before minecraft episode 2.

• Episode 3 is going to come out at the end on August. That's my prediction, because Telltale loves to do this.

• Everyone and their fucking backwards ass predictions.
    I predict it comes out before Spider-Man 2099 is officially Peter Parker because it's the year 2100 and we're all dead but comic book money lives on.

Anyone wanna raise me?

• The second season (which has been announced) is the longest wait I'd say (2 years and counting!).

AdamRoberts posted: »

One of the ep of GoT wait was longest, if i'm right... Right?

• why the fuck do people comment irrelevant shit. This "wasteland" shit is getting old.

• I'll just continue to show up every day to see if there's any news.

• They don't really seem to do a lot of promotion.

Creeper1846 posted: »

Ok this is stupid the waiting thread for minecraft episode 2 hasn’t even been here for a day and it’s already at 3 pages while this has been

• Yeah, it's unfortunate. They've dropped the ball on that a bit. Tales from the Borderlands is where I got involved with this community, and where I started to pay attention to every bit of news that came out.
    There were updates via Twitter from cast and crew, many blog posts, occasional check-ins from the Devs to keep us from going insane.. Stuff like that.
    No other series since then has had such interesting and exhilarating waits.

PHub07 posted: »

They don't really seem to do a lot of promotion.

• Same but nothing still

AnimalBoy posted: »

I'll just continue to show up every day to see if there's any news.

• There better be news at SDCC or D23...

• Telltalle makes no sense. Borderlands set the bar really REALLY high. If not mistaken that game took longer than any other to finish for some reason. The episodes had serious long content to them and they actually seemed to go all out. They seem to have completely switched up how they do things starting in 2016. Everything is much shorter and less in depth. Here they are with a Marvel game pay for some commercials on TV or something.

AChicken posted: »

Yeah, it's unfortunate. They've dropped the ball on that a bit. Tales from the Borderlands is where I got involved with this community, and

• edited July 2017

Not what he was talking about at all, but okay.

Telltalle makes no sense. Borderlands set the bar really REALLY high. If not mistaken that game took longer than any other to finish for som

• edited July 2017

enter image description hereAnytime sweetheart!

• Lol, yeah. That response came out of nowhere. To be honest, I was a bit afraid to respond, myself.

Not what he was talking about at all, but okay.

• It looked like your first response was directly to me since the guy above didn't really mention Telltalle at all. Who are you saying dropped the ball? TT on promotion in response to me? Or people who...don't care about playing the game?

Wouldn't really say they dropped the ball for not playing something they haven't been sold on. Seemed worth mentioning their business model looks like it changed in a way to save money on top of the fact their games seem to have less promotion. How would that not be worth noting? You wouldn't cut the costs to make a product then take away the promotion of it and expect your profits to rise. Whether it be social media updates or commercials on TV/ads.

AChicken posted: »

Lol, yeah. That response came out of nowhere. To be honest, I was a bit afraid to respond, myself.

• Yeah, I mean that Telltale has dropped the ball on marketing a bunch more.
    TFTB had lots of good updates and teases to development of episodes and other things.. But, that was probably because the waits between episodes was so long.

And unfortunately, their Guardians series is doing terribly in the marketing/PR department. The first few trailers were underwhelming and didn't get people too interested in it, as it even felt like it wanted to be the movies and badly... But the final product is nothing like that! Their take on the Guardians is inspired by the movies in terms of music and design (like Drax for instance) but other than that it is a wonderful original take on all of it.
    Also, the promotion of Guardians episodes is severely lacking. We're on the third episode now, but we have no indication of the progress being made on it.

No series can come close to the levels of hype during the development of TFTB.

It looked like your first response was directly to me since the guy above didn't really mention Telltalle at all. Who are you saying dropped

• I think it would either be tales from the borderlands or The Wolf Among Us with the longest wait. If I recall correctly it's probably Wolf

AdamRoberts posted: »

One of the ep of GoT wait was longest, if i'm right... Right?

• Nah, wait for the last episode of GoT was longer by a week and an half. It was the longest we had to wait for an episode of an ongoing series so far.

I think it would either be tales from the borderlands or The Wolf Among Us with the longest wait. If I recall correctly it's probably Wolf

• You guys remember episode 5 of Batman The Telltale Series which came out 21 days after episode 4?
    Good times. Good times.

• Yeah.. That was nothing. That wasn't even a whole month.

I've suffered worse,but it isn't pretty.
    WAITING HAS CHANGED ME.

IDredMan posted: »

You guys remember episode 5 of Batman The Telltale Series which came out 21 days after episode 4? Good times. Good times.

• You should realize most of us players waited up to 4 months at a time. That was torture I didn’t even have an account back then but ya know quality>quantity.

You guys remember episode 5 of Batman The Telltale Series which came out 21 days after episode 4? Good times. Good times.

• But the thing is...
    Batman The Telltale Series was really good.
    Not Tales From The Borderlands quality...
    But it was really good.

I would even say I enjoyed it more than The Walking Dead.

Creeper1846 posted: »

You should realize most of us players waited up to 4 months at a time. That was torture I didn’t even have an account back then but ya know quality>quantity.

• hurry up telltale I'm getting bored waiting for gotg episode 3

• You guys remember when we had to wait 3-4 months for one episode?

enter image description here

I'm trying to forget. Those were dark times.

shivers

• Remember Jurassic Park? All episodes released at the same day!

• Remember how poorly received it was?

Fury2014 posted: »

Remember Jurassic Park? All episodes released at the same day!

• Story and characters were pretty decent. It only was pulled down by poor gameplay

Remember how poorly received it was?

• All you people know nothing about waiting.

Blues and Bullets, a surprisingly good episodic game took like a year for the second episode to come out, and then the company took all our money and vanished leaving 3 episodes forever undone, and that happened 2 years ago.

Seriously though, fuck that company. They apparently had money issues but said they'd alert everyone if anything was going to happen with the game, and in that time, their entire company more or less disbanded and got new jobs, continued to sell a seasons pass for all 5 episodes for like a year after everyone knew the game was dead, and the home page for the game and company are actually dead. Not rerouting to some "Buy this domain now" page that you see when you type in the wrong address for anything, just a blank page.

• I think I read somewhere that they blew their budget porting the game to mobile. The mobile port failed and they went out of business. It's sad, as the game had great potential.

deadproxy posted: »

All you people know nothing about waiting. Blues and Bullets, a surprisingly good episodic game took like a year for the second episode t

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

There is going to be a sneak peak at SDCC.

• Finally! :D

OzzyUK posted: »

There is going to be a sneak peak at SDCC. https://twitter.com/marvelgames/status/887377770862460928

• Sweet! Hopefully we get a release date of some sort.

There is going to be a sneak peak at SDCC. https://twitter.com/marvelgames/status/887377770862460928

• [removed]

• Finally! Hopefully getting a July/ early August release.

• Woo!

• Neat to see that we finally get some news on Episode 3. I really look forward to seeing Gamora's backstory as I find her to be the most interesting so far out of all the characters in the game. The dynamic between her and Nebula, as well as her and Thanos will be interesting to see.

• Is this news I see? About time we finally got something.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.