GOTG Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Rated by Australia, Releasing October 10th, Trailer Out Now

dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
edited October 2017 in Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy

Release Dates

• PC - October 3rd
  • Mac - Coming Soon
  • Playstation 4 North America - October 10th
  • Playstation 4 Europe - October 10th
  • Xbox One - October 10th
  • iOS - Coming Soon
  • Android - Coming Soon

News

October 5th

October 4th

September 7th

Visit the Whatever's On Your Mind Megathread for off topic chat!

Pass some time and get to know the Telltale Community! While you are waiting for the episode, why not pass some time by getting to know the Telltale Community?

Discussion of spoilers from past episodes is okay, but please do not discuss story spoilers (or share videos) relevant to this particular episode inside its own Waiting Thread - Episode Waiting Threads are meant to be spoiler free discussions where people can follow news updates and see if an episode is out yet.

Be respectful of personal boundaries towards Telltale Staff members (past and present). Keep all game discussions focused on the content and not the creators. Avoid posting social media content from staff members that is not related to official and intentional game promotion. Please note that most staff members cannot directly comment on future episode release dates, upcoming episode spoilers, etc.

Comments

• At the choice of destroying or empowering the energy forge, did anyone else get flashbacks from Half-Life 2 Episode 2 when Isaac and Eli were arguing over what to do with the Borealis?

• I did

At the choice of destroying or empowering the energy forge, did anyone else get flashbacks from Half-Life 2 Episode 2 when Isaac and Eli were arguing over what to do with the Borealis?

• I`m still waiting for episode 3

• Excellent 3rd episode...I destroyed the forge and I'm actually really surprised how many people did. Looks like shit is gonna start to really hit the fan here.

• How do you think the series is doing so far? I'm still trying to wait till all the episodes have been released before I consider buying the game.

Excellent 3rd episode...I destroyed the forge and I'm actually really surprised how many people did. Looks like shit is gonna start to really hit the fan here.

• Actually I am really intrigued what will happen next, seems like last decision was one of crucial in series (I hope I will not be disappointed).

• Excited to see where things go in Episode 4! Feels like with the last episode it could really go into a lot of different places, especially with how your handled the Forge and how Nebula's relationship with Gamora is. Coupled with how the various Guardians think about you.

• It's a truly awesome game. I've had loads of fun playing it. There are lots of funny scenes and dialogue choices (especially in episode 3) and although the choices haven't shaped the overall narrative a huge amount yet, they do really affect your relationships with the other Guardians in a way that feels gratifying.

There are also some really cool fight scenes - nothing quite as awe-inspiring as some of the battles in the final GOT episode or the Bloodsong fight but really good in its own way. I'd say this is a top-notch Telltale series, approaching TFTB quality.

How do you think the series is doing so far? I'm still trying to wait till all the episodes have been released before I consider buying the game.

• How could you? Destroying my man's Rocket's hopes and dreams.

Excellent 3rd episode...I destroyed the forge and I'm actually really surprised how many people did. Looks like shit is gonna start to really hit the fan here.

• edited August 2017

I dont know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but episode 5 has already been classifed

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=ulzLutDZUx2LlhYCD90SmQ%3d%3d&ncdctx=SUls6+v+tzIAqIa7qiZBq0HJ38GMwFzobnUOQHnbcVLA0vdEre4rFe1zKi4VoivCtxLrEWlQceXYBwhYzJ4B1Q%3d%3d

So apparently there is weird shit about this link for it being classified so early and it also dating in May, damn GOTG youre a mess lmao

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited August 2017

Wait a minute...

"MARVEL’S GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: THE TELLTALE SERIES - UNDER PRESSURE"

enter image description here

Poogers555 posted: »

I dont know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but episode 5 has already been classifed http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx

• Damn, is that the fastest classification for a future episode and does this mean that they already have a rough playable version of Episode 5?

I dont know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but episode 5 has already been classifed http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx

• ... 0.0

Wow, that's quick.

• edited August 2017

It's real? This is weeeeirrrd

lupinb0y posted: »

Damn, is that the fastest classification for a future episode and does this mean that they already have a rough playable version of Episode 5?

• edited August 2017

Did they take it down or is this a joke...God I'm dumb

• edited August 2017

enter image description here

Pelvic sorcery confirmed.

EDIT: Nevermind, gotta train my reading skills.

• edited August 2017

This is a joke right it was classified in may and this is episode 2.

Edit: wait reading some of the post now sound like it was classified but it was changed. What’s going on?

• I'm betting Early October is the next release. Telltale has had a lot of time to work on EP3 and maybe even 4 (we know the voice-work of Star Lord has been done) so I suspect there won't be such a long wait.

• edited August 2017

And I just want to add: With the inclusion of Mantis in the series -- another prominent inspiration from the movie -- I just want to see more of this world. All of this is cool, it's a really well made game in terms of choice/consequence payoff [at least in my own opinion] they've set up a good plot that feels like it's drenched in Cosmic Marvel lore, and I want more. I want Telltale to be able to introduce me to more obscure characters like Hala, and broaden my knowledge of the greater Marvel universe. As someone who only occasionally reads comics, and watches the movies, this series has introduced me to many interesting things that general pop-culture has still not touched yet.
    What Telltale has now is a great introduction to Guardians, giving familiar things to people, while adding more lesser-known things into the mix. (Rocket's past, Gamora+Nebula relationship and Thanos as their Father, and the Guardians' feelings and motives towards many objectives of life.

Given that this series isn't so popular, I don't see them debating whether or not to make a season 2. It's probably a no. I just feel that there is so much more Telltale can do with this partnership and this franchise if they made a Season Two.
    Just a thought.

AChicken posted: »

I'm betting Early October is the next release. Telltale has had a lot of time to work on EP3 and maybe even 4 (we know the voice-work of Star Lord has been done) so I suspect there won't be such a long wait.

• edited August 2017

Its getting better with each episode so my opinion is pretty positive. If I had to rate the episodes it would be

EP 1 - 7.5/10
    EP 2 - 8.5/10
    EP 3 - 9/10

How do you think the series is doing so far? I'm still trying to wait till all the episodes have been released before I consider buying the game.

• Second season would be great... But the game did not get enough attention and so it's not worth for them to make another season..... Minecraft story mode has sadly 6x more players than Gotg :( and also the new batman is much more popular.... I would say that this game got the least possible number of players that it could take... And I don't understand that cause this game is the second best after the new batman in my opinion... But just a little bit...

So there won't be any continuity in the story and I'm really not happy about it... But I guess they'll try to make another Marvel game... For mby more popular character such as Iron man or spiderman

And I just want to add: With the inclusion of Mantis in the series -- another prominent inspiration from the movie -- I just want to see mor

• Question for everyone:

• Did you get music during the credits? - All I got was the title: "More Than A Feeling" appear, the sound effect for the rocket boots played for about a second or two, and then a silent credits scroll.
  • I had no music.

Question for everyone: * Did you get music during the credits? - All I got was the title: "More Than A Feeling" appear, the sound effect for the rocket boots played for about a second or two, and then a silent credits scroll.

• No music I thought my headphones were being weird.

Question for everyone: * Did you get music during the credits? - All I got was the title: "More Than A Feeling" appear, the sound effect for the rocket boots played for about a second or two, and then a silent credits scroll.

• edited August 2017

I just did a second playthrough and Wow. That split cliffhanger is pretty cool.
    Either you've got a Forge-wielding Hala resurrecting her army (and her son).
    Or you've got a super-powered Hala out for revenge.

I can see the second scenario leading to her having the powers of the Forge [i.e she can still revive her army]... But those scenarios are still different aesthetically!
    So we'll see how this choice changes what comes next (after all, Gamora always says "it's what happened next he should regret") but either way, I like this already.

• I was literally just about to post a theory about Hala gaining powers of the forge. I did the empower ending but I kind of like the destroy one better. It may sound really harsh but it was satisfying watching Halas son disintegrate in front of her eyes.

I just did a second playthrough and Wow. That split cliffhanger is pretty cool. Either you've got a Forge-wielding Hala resurrecting her a

• Huh. I felt bad for her after watching that. It's her own fault, but it was kind of sad.

The empowerment ending concerning her son touched my heart. I felt she wasn't so bad after all... but then she decided to just revive everyone who we just killed, and maybe more.

Creeper1846 posted: »

I was literally just about to post a theory about Hala gaining powers of the forge. I did the empower ending but I kind of like the destroy

• I'm curious to see what happens with Nebula if she joined Hala.

I just did a second playthrough and Wow. That split cliffhanger is pretty cool. Either you've got a Forge-wielding Hala resurrecting her a

• Yeah, that too.

So many possible permutations/ramifications/configurations of choices to deal with! I like what they've done so far with this series, and I find that the choice differences are pretty substantial. I'm excited to see how all of this plays out.

dojo32161 posted: »

I'm curious to see what happens with Nebula if she joined Hala.

• In my playthrough, Gamora attacked Nebula and ended up pushing her down an empty space beneath the platforms.

I'm curious to see what happens with Nebula if she joined Hala.

• Didn't Nebula also later jump out and stop Gamora from killing Hala after that, though?

In my playthrough, Gamora attacked Nebula and ended up pushing her down an empty space beneath the platforms.

• She didn't in my playthrough, or at least I don't recall that.

Didn't Nebula also later jump out and stop Gamora from killing Hala after that, though?

• Yeah, that happened to me as well.

Didn't Nebula also later jump out and stop Gamora from killing Hala after that, though?

• edited August 2017

I don't like how dead is the forum for one of the greatest and funiest Telltale Games GOTG.... It's just not fair that it doesn't have the attention that it deserves...

EDIT: Hope we'll get some news soon

• Yeah, I'm bummed out that this series is dead when it comes to the forum player base, but I'm even more disappointed that we have barely any news for this series. Just the occasional VA tweet about going into the studio to record lines. That's cool, but it isn't really substantial.

Renkyys posted: »

I don't like how dead is the forum for one of the greatest and funiest Telltale Games GOTG.... It's just not fair that it doesn't have the attention that it deserves... EDIT: Hope we'll get some news soon

• It feels like an underrated game.

• Sadly because it is, there are less big Youtubers playing it, less people buying it and it has less advertisement too.

Mister Pro posted: »

It feels like an underrated game.

• I think it has sold barely 50k units on Steam, not surprised that hardly anyone is talking about it.

badbadnotgood

Renkyys posted: »

I don't like how dead is the forum for one of the greatest and funiest Telltale Games GOTG.... It's just not fair that it doesn't have the attention that it deserves... EDIT: Hope we'll get some news soon

• enter image description here

TellTale currently has three games in progress: Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman: The Enemy Within and Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2. According to SteamSpy, while it is true that Guardians has around 50k owners on Steam, the second seasons of Batman and Minecraft both have around 20k owners on Steam.

TellTale games that were already finished are the ones that have between 300k and 2,4kk owners on Steam (older games generally having more owners).

Looks like the number of owners of GotG is actually pretty normal for a TellTale game that is still in progress. Let's not spread panic just yet.

I think it has sold barely 50k units on Steam, not surprised that hardly anyone is talking about it. badbadnotgood

• True, we should look at the sales at the end of the season. But to be fair, ANF which finished months ago hasn't even sold 250k on Steam. I'm not saying I'm necessarily pleased with it but Telltale sales are on a downward trajectory, especially when you look at a game like LiS: Before the Storm which has sold nearly 100k units already despite being released yesterday.

Abeille posted: »

TellTale currently has three games in progress: Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman: The Enemy Within and Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2. Accord

Sign in to comment in this discussion.