Batman: EW Episode 4 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 23rd, Trailer Out Now

Comments

• Wait so Riddler isn't dead?

• He's dead. They were referring to the fact that he was the only one to survive the Sanctus experiments.

Shadow2122 posted: »

Wait so Riddler isn't dead?

• edited January 2018

100% of agreement to Waller... though I have no doubt they will completely villanize her in some way this episode or have her do something extremely dumb.

Oh wow. Avesta is tagging with us. She's totally been a very depthful character whose premise is totally NOT just being a potential romantic interest... Yay!

Oh wow. John becoming the Joker. So exciting and fresh and original. Not.

I don't believe I'll enjoy this episode that much.

• How is John becoming a Joker not original? I don't recall Joker's given name being John in Batman lore before (If I am not mistaken His name was Jack in one of the origin stories).

100% of agreement to Waller... though I have no doubt they will completely villanize her in some way this episode or have her do something e

• Oh ty

AnimalBoy posted: »

He's dead. They were referring to the fact that he was the only one to survive the Sanctus experiments.

• I would imagine that Telltale didn't feature her in the trailer to keep her fate mysterious for those players that ratted her out to Harley and the Pact.

Lord Frost posted: »

WHERE IS SELINA ? WHY ISN'T SHE IN THE TRAILER ???! COME ON MAN !

• edited January 2018

Well, it was expected from him to become the Joker in the end, and he is actually very similar to The Killing Joke Joker, so him becoming the Joker isn't very original. But building of his character and our ability to interact with him before he's a villain is.
    But I'm still hoping my actions can prevent him going full psycho, I was quite disappointed with Harvey last season.

JmoooX posted: »

How is John becoming a Joker not original? I don't recall Joker's given name being John in Batman lore before (If I am not mistaken His name was Jack in one of the origin stories).

• Telltale, I swear to God, if you kill Alfred, there will be no forgiveness from me.

• The YouTube comments are always like that, ignore them.

Box Tv posted: »

Now youtube is complaining this is not TwD ou TFTB...

• edited January 2018

You say it like it’s going to be first time Waller screws up. Where I’m standing, Waller has screwed up in more ways than one this season so far.

100% of agreement to Waller... though I have no doubt they will completely villanize her in some way this episode or have her do something e

• I still think that Avesta is not what she seems.

• I have just accidentally paused the trailer at 0:54 and noticed that there's Dr Freeze lying on the floor in the background [most likely unconscious]

• Yeah, she is Talia Al Ghul

matteso586 posted: »

I still think that Avesta is not what she seems.

• Uh no she's obviously Wonderwoman...

Yeah, she is Talia Al Ghul

• I am really sorry, but She is nothing like Talia

Yeah, she is Talia Al Ghul

• Finally, someone being realistic.

HexIgon posted: »

Uh no she's obviously Wonderwoman...

• edited January 2018

I'm sure you can come up with a better argument than this. Telltale has constantly proven that they have no qualms not sticking strictly to previous Batman lore with Bruce's family having ties to crime, John being manipulated and corrupted by Harley instead of the other way around, and Vicki Vale turning out to be a villain.

While I might agree that I don't see Avesta turning out to be Talia, saying she is nothing like Talia based on previous conceptions of who Talia is might not be the best argument when it comes to Telltale.

I am really sorry, but She is nothing like Talia

• People like Avesta, I'm glad she's tagging along. Hopefully another romance option.

• My argument against Talia would be that it's far too late. We're on the back end of the season, we have 3-4 villains to deal with, and that's too much to explain in one episode while maintaining the established story(episode 5 is for conflict/climax/conclusion).

This was a fine theory coming out of Episode 2, but it's just too late now.

• edited January 2018

Don't worry, they misinterpreted a quote from the trailer. Riddler's dead.

EDIT: Yikes, probably should have looked at the replies before posting this

AChicken posted: »

Well, bye now. See you all in other sections... Let's hope I don't get spoiled by the trailer (seriously, I don't want to know where we're

• edited January 2018

Excuse me, a better argument for what? I have never said that she is not going to be Talia in the game, and, while I consider such scenario extremely unlikely, I know, that anything can happen in the Telltale series. And considering that there was not even a single word about Talia's existence in the Enemy within, I have every right to say that She is nothing like Talia from the lore, if I feel like that's the case.

What makes You think that She IS Talia, if Your prediction is not based on the comparison between these two characters? Why Talia and not Vesper Fairchild, Jezabel Jet, Julie Madison, Zatana, Silver, or any other female character from the lore?

Angelic56 posted: »

I'm sure you can come up with a better argument than this. Telltale has constantly proven that they have no qualms not sticking strictly to

• What makes You think that She IS Talia

I'm kind of putting words in peoples' mouths here, but I've seen this whole theory unfold.
    This first came from the people whom want Avesta to be a romantic interest. Since she has little character development, someone seemed to latch onto the lore. Since Talia is, by far, the most well known love interest of Bruce Wayne, that's where they went with it. Also, almost every modern iteration of Batman since the early 90's has included Talia, it's par for the course.

• I wonder how white his legs are?

Or worse, that Bruce would start wearing shorts from now on. It was too much for him.

• Box Tv said, "Yeah, she is Talia Al Ghul."

Your reply was, "I am really sorry, but She is nothing like Talia."

You were implying that Avesta can't be Talia because she's nothing like you've seen from previous incarnations of Talia.

I'm saying that's a bad argument to make based on what we've seen of Telltale's willingness to forego established character backgrounds and personalities.

Saying she's "nothing like Talia" and saying "there's been no mention of Talia" are two different arguments as to why she isn't Talia.

I like how you ignored that I even said I would agree she isn't Talia. I never once made the argument she is, so I'm not sure why you're asking me why I think she would be.

Excuse me, a better argument for what? I have never said that she is not going to be Talia in the game, and, while I consider such scenario

• They could set up Talia, Raul al Ghul and the League of Assassins for the next season

Johro posted: »

My argument against Talia would be that it's far too late. We're on the back end of the season, we have 3-4 villains to deal with, and that

• You have assumed, that that's what I meant, that's quite a difference, because that's totally not what I had in mind.

In other words what I wanted to say is more like: "You can think that She is Talia, but there is no resemblance between the two characters"

Angelic56 posted: »

Box Tv said, "Yeah, she is Talia Al Ghul." Your reply was, "I am really sorry, but She is nothing like Talia." You were implying that

• They most likely will since so far Batman hasn't been a great fighter and has had his butt nearly handed to him three times against Penguin, Vicki Vale, and Bane. I saw this twist of Avesta being Talia since episode 1 because she is an attractive character and a thread for an Avesta romance kinda made me think that she will end up being Talia Al Ghul. I will not be shipping my Bruce with Talia because I hate Damian Wayne and don't want him to be the heir of Batman. I'd rather have Selina and Bruce have a daughter and become Batgirl or Batwoman.

They could set up Talia, Raul al Ghul and the League of Assassins for the next season

• I really don't understand the distinction you're making here. You're just saying what I said you said.

But we're just going in circles, so this is pointless.

You have assumed, that that's what I meant, that's quite a difference, because that's totally not what I had in mind. In other words what

• The trailer was amazing even though Catwoman was not shown which I am guessing is because TellTale doesn't want to reveal how Catwoman escapes the Riddler Box or if she even did escape it because there is a chance she could be killed off, but I doubt it. Also what is happening to Alfred? If he dies my Batman will no longer be a merciful character and will be cold and brutal to everyone. Also the League of Assassins can be in the next season since this whole Avesta is Talia thing is being discussed. The trailer's music was amazing I don't know if it was created by TellTale or just used for the trailer but it is amazing really gave me chills and hyped me up to play Batman Episode 4.

• As purely white as his soul is my guess.

ManBat posted: »

I wonder how white his legs are?

• I doubt that Joker has taken Catwoman because he would have to move the entire Riddler Box and hope that Bruce will save her, only problem with that is....he would consider Bruce his friend for agreeing to let Catwoman take the fall. Also I think she was purposely left out of the trailer because she will possibly lose her arm and TellTale didn't want to spoil it for people who do not read the forums. The gameplay that the trailer shows seems to be from Bruce taking the fall and Bruce letting Catwoman take the fall which means she will probably be out of this episode if she loses her arm and is in the hospital or in the Batcave receiving medical attention to prevent her from possibly bleeding out.

• Well, she is not in the Box if Your Bruce has sacrificed himself, so it wouldn't make sense if that was the reason why they didn't put Her in the trailer.

The trailer was amazing even though Catwoman was not shown which I am guessing is because TellTale doesn't want to reveal how Catwoman escap

• The gameplay was probably mixed with both options to keep her condtion a secret because people who sacrificed Catwoman would be wondering how she removed the ice from her arm even though it was frozen solid or people would also wonder why she is missing an arm or has a robotic one if she was shown in the trailer. TellTale is known to spoil some things in their trailers but not everything. I really want Catwoman to be in the game as she is my favorite female character in this series. That's probably why they showed Bruce being thrown into the box to confuse people and make them wonder why she wasn't shown.

Well, she is not in the Box if Your Bruce has sacrificed himself, so it wouldn't make sense if that was the reason why they didn't put Her in the trailer.

• edited January 2018

If they didn't want to show Her arm, they could Have shown Her face instead, or a leg, or even 10 pixels of Her outfit.
    A n y t h i n g!

The gameplay was probably mixed with both options to keep her condtion a secret because people who sacrificed Catwoman would be wondering ho

• See I think there is a reason that we are overlooking and will find out why when we play the episode. I think that Catwoman might've stolen Riddler's body for some reason and went into hiding if we choose for Bruce to take the fall.

If they didn't want to show Her arm, they could Have shown Her face instead, or a leg, or even 10 pixels of Her outfit. A n y t h i n g!

• Actually there is a lot of resemblance between the two characters physically. Talia and Avesta both have brown hair and both have a tan skin tone or a bit darker than Bruce's pale skin tone. :smile: I don't remember Avesta's eye color but if they are green than that confirms the physical resemblance. :smiley:

You have assumed, that that's what I meant, that's quite a difference, because that's totally not what I had in mind. In other words what

• Well actually You might be right about the physical resemblance

Actually there is a lot of resemblance between the two characters physically. Talia and Avesta both have brown hair and both have a tan skin

• Do you think the writers for telltale all gather in a room, and discuss the best and most emotional ways to break our hearts?

Telltale, I swear to God, if you kill Alfred, there will be no forgiveness from me.

• I think the Alfred thing is a fake out. Pretty sure he is just wracked with stress when he thinks Bruce got killed by the Pact.

If he does die... I will extremely disappointed and not in an emotionally impactful way. It will just be retreading the same plot as s1e5. Dangling an old man's life in front of players is getting old.

• But his soul isn't purely white... more some shade of gray. If his legs are white... how blindingly white is his butt? Yes, I went there.

As purely white as his soul is my guess.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.