TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• A console demo. A conso-- oh my fuc-- what is thi--- [gets up from chair]

Hold up. HOLD UP. NOW HOLD UP NOW WHAT

...is it the first 15 minutes or what

• Wait wait when was this said?

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

That’s strange, Telltale has said that their PC games sell more then their Xbox games. But that was back in 2015/16 I think. Ex: PS4>PC>XBOX

• Its the 15-20 minutes of gameplay footage that was revealed a few weeks ago.

AChicken posted: »

A console demo. A conso-- oh my fuc-- what is thi--- [gets up from chair] Hold up. HOLD UP. NOW HOLD UP NOW WHAT ... ...is it the first 15 minutes or what

• I'll take that as a no.

Poogers555 posted: »

Poptarts fam, is the demo going to release on Steam as well?

• I do hope it comes out on Steam on release day and its not delayed.

It should've been out by now if it was gonna release on steam too... Maybe after it fully releases.

• coolio

Chibikid posted: »

Its the 15-20 minutes of gameplay footage that was revealed a few weeks ago.

• I'm pretty sure both consoles have a considerably larger user base 3 years later lol

That’s strange, Telltale has said that their PC games sell more then their Xbox games. But that was back in 2015/16 I think. Ex: PS4>PC>XBOX

• Nobody is shafting PC players. Stop being so insecure. This is the best choice Telltale could have made. You really want to be spoiled that much? I don`t believe that. So what if you do not get to play 15 minutes that they showed already? The episode releases in two weeks, have some patience, Jesus.

I just do not think it is a reason to shaft PC players.

• So this isn't a big thing at all, but I'm just curious if when the full episode is released, we'll have to play through the demo again? Again, it's fifteen minutesish, so it doesn't really matter. Just wondering!

• I think you`ll have to. You will transfer your saves and everything and then you start episode 1 as new. Not a big deal though, as you mentioned.

So this isn't a big thing at all, but I'm just curious if when the full episode is released, we'll have to play through the demo again? Again, it's fifteen minutesish, so it doesn't really matter. Just wondering!

• edited August 2018

They said it was a small surprise. And as I have said, it'n not that big of a deal. However, think about this: if a small surprise is a 15 minute demo of a TTG episode, how long is the actual episode? In the past, a 15-20 minute demo of a TTG game would be a nice piece of the game already revealed. They have confidence to not only release a 15-20 minute demo, but to also call it small. I'm not saying I'm getting my hopes up, but this is making me raise an eyebrow.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Nobody is shafting PC players. Stop being so insecure. This is the best choice Telltale could have made. You really want to be spoiled that

• That's pretty much where I am with this demo too. The fact they released a demo at all has me thinking that maybe these episodes will have a pretty hefty time to complete.

eRock92 posted: »

They said it was a small surprise. And as I have said, it'n not that big of a deal. However, think about this: if a small surprise is a 15

• edited August 2018

Just wanna remind everyone that you can get and extract PS4 files aswell, so it's not the reason for not releasing demo on PC!

• Now that the demo is released, is scene rewind back or am I effectivelly parting ways with Telltales games once and for all?

• edited August 2018

You can, but it is not practical. Consoles have twice or even triple the protection on the files, so it's a lot more difficult to extract the files of any game. Newer games take a long time to decrypt, so I wouldn't even expect the demo to be extracted at all before full release.

max_pain943 posted: »

Just wanna remind everyone that you can get and extract PS4 files aswell, so it's not the reason for not releasing demo on PC!

• Well no leaks so far. If it was released on PC the leaks would already reach these forums, cause it is much easier to crack files on PC. So yeah, your argument is invalid.

max_pain943 posted: »

• There is not going to be a rewind feature in a 15 minutes long demo. Well, you know, because the scene that we saw is 1 scene. Soooo you can rewind it by playing the demo again, right? Did you catch that?

Kenshinzen posted: »

Now that the demo is released, is scene rewind back or am I effectivelly parting ways with Telltales games once and for all?

• It isn't really 1 scene, they were actually 2 scenes, because u do get a loading black screen after the car scene.

There is not going to be a rewind feature in a 15 minutes long demo. Well, you know, because the scene that we saw is 1 scene. Soooo you can rewind it by playing the demo again, right? Did you catch that?

• Okay, you`re right. So someone needs a rewind after a 3 minute long scene? I doubt that.

It isn't really 1 scene, they were actually 2 scenes, because u do get a loading black screen after the car scene.

• I could be wrong on this, but haven't all the leaks pertaining to the walking dead been on Telltales end rather then hackers?. To the point of the gameplay some would like to play firsthand themselves rather than just hearing hearsay/video from others even if it is just a 15 minute video. I also think it does come off to some PC users as 'shafting' or 'disregarding' due to PC being exclusively left out as the sole device if the 3 current platforms. Not to mention telltale has said nothing as to an official reason why PC was excluded (leaving only speculation and puzzlement).

Nobody is shafting PC players. Stop being so insecure. This is the best choice Telltale could have made. You really want to be spoiled that

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Added six new avatars today! Clem, AJ, Marlon, Louis, Violet, and Tenn are now available. :)

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Sounds cool but there is no Disco broccoli? ?

Added six new avatars today! Clem, AJ, Marlon, Louis, Violet, and Tenn are now available.

If someone can cut a transparent PNG of disco broccoli, I can add it pretty easily :)

OzzyUK posted: »

Sounds cool but there is no Disco broccoli? ?

• On it.

If someone can cut a transparent PNG of disco broccoli, I can add it pretty easily

• edited August 2018

Well I have not seen any Switch users complaining here that they are getting the Final Season much later than everyone else. The PC gamers are getting the game on the same date as everyone else, so I say stop whining so much because you did not get a 15 minute demo that you already saw. If you are complaining because you want to try the product and decide whether it`s your kind of thing, then steam has this awesome refund feature. You can play the first 15 minutes (the exact content of the demo)and if you did not like it - refund!
    I know that it has always been like that with PC players complaining that something releases only on consoles or just earlier, but complaining about a demo? Seriously? I mean Wolf Among Us also had demo only on consoles if I recall correctly. I still wonder why is this such a huge problem? Do you all want spoilers to start leaking through here so badly? It is much easier to access game files on PC even in the demo because the leftovers from the episode are there!
    And Telltale do not have to address why they made this choice, they did.

I could be wrong on this, but haven't all the leaks pertaining to the walking dead been on Telltales end rather then hackers?. To the point

• Not picking sides here... but I bet you'd complain too if the demo only existed on PC. I'm guessing most people are fed up with Telltale shafting PC players because all PC players get for preordering is a 10% discount rather than something like the collection.

Well I have not seen any Switch users complaining here that they are getting the Final Season much later than everyone else. The PC gamers a

Disco Broccoli avatar... is NOW LIVE!

• edited August 2018

Update - I finished my masterpiece and sent it to Caroline. She uploaded it. The forums have officially been blessed with Disco Broccoli.

On it.

• edited August 2018

No I would not. I have both the PC and a console so it really does not matter that much to me, I always buy Telltale`s stuff on PC though. I did play the demo, but it is not like I gained much from it, so I do not get all this complaining about a game that releases in 2 weeks already. By the way, the discount is pretty good, should appreciate what you have! And even if Collection was released to PC you all would be complaining how the first two seasons menu were done differently, how there are no songs in the credits, how a lot of stuff was scrapped from the first season, how saves do not transfer properly. You follow? I am just trying to explain that it is not such a big deal and people should appreciate what they already have.
    Nobody is shafting PC players, and the discount you mentioned is just another proof of that. People just really like playing victims these days.

Not picking sides here... but I bet you'd complain too if the demo only existed on PC. I'm guessing most people are fed up with Telltale sha

• emilybuckshotemilybuckshot Former Telltale Staff

BEST DAY EVER

Update - I finished my masterpiece and sent it to Caroline. She uploaded it. The forums have officially been blessed with Disco Broccoli.

• Hell yeah

• Disco Broccoli is in the house for the 8/14 PRE-PARTY THREAD!

• Disco Broccoli avatar... is NOW LIVE!

Disco Broccoli avatar... is NOW LIVE!

• edited August 2018

Yeah, what the heck is that?

• edited August 2018

When are we getting the official trailer? @mostlypoptarts

• edited August 2018

The last I checked, Switch was not a launch device and hasn't been for all of TWD while PC has. You can preorder S4 on Xbox 1, PS4 and PC yet PC is not only exclusively excluded from demos (Wolf among us, The walking dead, etc) but is also excluded from bonus content such as the collection series. I could see how from that some PC users would feel excluded and somewhat cheated out of additional content. If telltale was a console exclusive company, I'd have no problem with it, however PC is one of the main 3 platforms yet seems to generally receive less content/bonus material from its console counterparts. Regarding your persisting point of 'widespread' leaks and datamines from PC demo content would you mind listing examples of this occurring? I may be wrong on this, but wasn't it the PS store that released the game early which did result in leaks spreading prematurely across the forums? I believe a similar incident also occurred with the Xbox store. It seems you are presuming a result without having much evidence of that occurring or have occurred in the past when premature leaks have occurred with console. I'm not 'whining' I'm simply stating how people who use PC could feel somewhat shafted or frustrated with the fact that despite being a main platform with PS4/Xbox 1 and having the ability to preorder, you get less content then consoles. To the point of telltale not addressing it, they could have released a quick response why PC was excluded and call it a day. As we all know, Telltale has not been the best with communicating with fans regarding console and game related issues. If telltale staff can stop by to comment about rhys socks and avatars, I'm sure they could spare a moment to give a quick explanation.

Well I have not seen any Switch users complaining here that they are getting the Final Season much later than everyone else. The PC gamers a

• Wow TellTale the demo for The Final Season was amazing! I enjoyed the combat, the choices, bit of story that we got, everything seemed perfect. The new camera angle is also really impressive! I don't want to spoil anything for people who haven't played the demo so I am trying not to say too much. For me that demo was one of the best demos I've played in a long time! :smiley:

• Well it is pretty obvious that Telltale prioritize consoles over PC as anyone would (it is just more profitable), no need to get salty about that (I know I don`t, even though I play all their games on PC). I highly doubt any response from Telltale regarding not releasing the demo on PC would satisfy the majority of you so they are doing the right thing by not addressing it. In 2 weeks none of you would continue to complain about the demo not being released on PC and the situation will be forgotten without any damage done to the company and its reputation (since again, all of you would forget about that and move on). That is what they have always done with these kinds of things and it works perfectly to this day.
    Now regarding the leaks. You never once wondered where are we getting this whole "cut content" details from their games? Well, maybe they come from game files which are extracted from PC version (I know right? Never thought of that before!)! Because it is EASIER to do so from there, you do not have to be a professor to come to that conclusion. Since Telltale often leave some of the files in the released products, same could be for the said demo. So there is a high possibility that it could happen.
    And regarding the Collection. Its goal is to bring all three seasons together in one place for new players on new consoles. If you are a PC player - you already have a perfect deal for you at steam where you can but a bundle with all of these games. Telltale releasing the Collection on PC makes no sense since players there would only criticize it for lacking certain features they loved about the originals (all listed in my previous comment) and the new menu design (just as so many people now hate the menu in the Final Season, and that reaction to a menu is beyond stupid to me, but let us leave it at that, these are opinions after all).

The last I checked, Switch was not a launch device and hasn't been for all of TWD while PC has. You can preorder S4 on Xbox 1, PS4 and PC ye

• That demo was mind-blowing. I can barely contain my excitement for this! 2012 to 2018 bless UP, let's get it!!

• So just curious..... What are everyone's thoughts on The Final Season Demo?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.