Episode 403 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 15th, New Trailer, Rated by Australia

Comments

• What's that? Violet's hangout scene was better composed than Louis's?
    No shit!

According to Kent Mudle, the Louis scene in Episode 2 did not appear so good in the trailer as it was in a dark room, while the Violet scene was more lit up thanks to the stars

• .... Violet's scene just looked better in trailer, I am sure they had planned for the Louis scene to make an appearance but apparently the lighting of that particular scene did not look good in the trailer, so it was removed. I will try to find the source of the information, as I saw it on Twitter

DabigRG posted: »

What's that? Violet's hangout scene was better composed than Louis's? No shit!

• edited December 2018

Here is what Kent said: "We did actually have a shot of Louis to balance the Violet shot in an earlier cut, but for how quick the shots had to be in this style of trailer, the starry night sky environment of the Violet date reads better, faster, than the darker piano room.

No favoritism, just the sometimes weird art form of picking which shots look best in a montage. Ya boy Louis is equally loved over here <3 "

And another response from Kent: "I’m really just repeating my previous response here: that last shot was chosen because we wanted an action-y group shot showing Clem being a leader, and it was the best we had for that purpose. I actually edited it slightly to get AJ into the shot (he was hidden by Clem in the original). The fact that it included Violet isn’t why that shot is there, she just happens to be back there while Clementine is looking tough as heck. "

What's that? Violet's hangout scene was better composed than Louis's? No shit!

• I meant that in the context of what Episode 2 provided, but whatever.

.... Violet's scene just looked better in trailer, I am sure they had planned for the Louis scene to make an appearance but apparently the l

• If anyone wants to know the theme of the teaser, it's this:

• I guess it could be their way of paying respects to the company. One last hurrah.

It feels weird having the Skybound Games logo in there instead of the usual TTG one It actually hurt me a bit not seeing Telltale, not going to lie. I'm actually surprised they kept it as The Telltale Series at the end of the trailer

• TFW you're overjoyed that Skybound saved the season but then you remember that soon we're going to be saying goodbye to Clementine and an era of Telltale games forever.

• One thing im gonna miss about telltale games are the easy long hull platinum trophies

• Exactly it's a shit looking logo anyway bring back Mickey Mouse

lupinb0y posted: »

It feels weird having the Skybound Games logo in there instead of the usual TTG one. Also it's great to hear Lee again. Anyone else think th

• Man it still sucks. This was a great era I must say, the stories and characters made are nothing short of phenomenal, and I can embrace the communities that have flourished in those franchises.

And to think that we were this close to finally getting TWAU2. I only finished the game last year, and I dread to imagine how horrible the amount of waiting fans had to go for it. And for their hearts to be broken like that just when they thought they were getting their wish granted.

TFW you're overjoyed that Skybound saved the season but then you remember that soon we're going to be saying goodbye to Clementine and an era of Telltale games forever.

• boi it seriously infuriates me that they decided to make TFS first instead of The Wolf Among Us 2.

If they had made TWAU, there's a chance (albeit small) that Telltale might not have died. Sure they might've still gotten sued and punished by Netflix for the Stranger Things leak, but they might've also actually had decent sales to keep them afloat and prevent their investors from pulling out.

Time and time again I see people on forums and social media finding out that a) Telltale's dead and b) TWAU 2 was going to happen but then was cancelled, and their reaction is always "Oh dammit, that game was so cool, I wish I could have played the sequel". The Walking Dead's reputation got destroyed by Seasons 2&3 but TWAU still had potential.

Ghetsis posted: »

Man it still sucks. This was a great era I must say, the stories and characters made are nothing short of phenomenal, and I can embrace the

• True, true, but I think this was bound to happen sooner or later because of how Telltale games are. With things like Spideman, and Red Dead, and God Of War, and more, it really isn't the sameto just watch it and things can be earned from actually playing the games. But with Telltales, so many of my friends know them but they only ever buy them when they're on sale for dirt cheap and watch them instead.

The Walking Dead was an exception. That game was so amazing, it just had to be experienced first-hand, but the 'watch instead of play crisis' actually happens with every story game. It's just that if the game is good enough, which in turn lends to it being popular enough, then there will be a greater audience. For a game like Guardians, let's just say the audience is 300k. The average percentage of those who buy the game are 10%, but because the game isn't as good, doesn't have as much hype, that percentage goes down to let's say 5%. In the case of Spiderman and God Of War, although a lot of people watched the game because they can't afford it, because the audience is bigger and even more appreciative/widespread, that 10% of let's say an audience of 7 million gives a lot more sales and at least manages to keep companies up. Let's not forget how they were a mostly independent studio. This screws over Telltale. We just had so many mediocre, if not crappy games in the past few years, excluding Batman and TFS.

In the dream world we would have gotten great games like Borderlands and TWAU again and again (but in different franchises of course) and year by year everyone would get hyped from Telltale, it would grow from a niche product to a Cool Kids thing. Telltale would be accepted/allowed to raise the price for their games just how Life Is Strange 2 is $40 not even a good game I'll tell you and they wouldn't be drenched in the dirt constantly making $20 games only twice a year. That isn't enough for 250+ employees. I've spoken about this is a ton of times, how all the blame shouldn't just go to Kevin Bruner, more desparate attempts should've been made instead of them politely and kindly dying. But I'm no businessman, and if that's how the CEO wanted to go out with that little preparation and backup in case things fail, then so be it.

I still do somewhat agree with you though.

hemfbg posted: »

boi it seriously infuriates me that they decided to make TFS first instead of The Wolf Among Us 2. If they had made TWAU, there's a chanc

• edited December 2018

I think after Batman S2 Telltale was on the right path again,in my opinion their games were fine,it's the bad decisions they made that killed them.

True, true, but I think this was bound to happen sooner or later because of how Telltale games are. With things like Spideman, and Red Dead,

• Thing is, they had 250+ employees. Maybe if they were a team of 80 making one game a year that is equivalent to the level of Bman S2 it would work.

iFoRias posted: »

I think after Batman S2 Telltale was on the right path again,in my opinion their games were fine,it's the bad decisions they made that killed them.

• That's the main part of that which irks me most.

Man it still sucks. This was a great era I must say, the stories and characters made are nothing short of phenomenal, and I can embrace the

• True, it wouldn’t have been enough to make another TWAU game just like the original and rake in the cash.

It used to annoy me when I’d hear people say that if you’ve played one Telltale game, you’ve played all of them. Which I still maintain isn’t true on a story level, it’s entirely true from a gameplay perspective. They literally just made the same game over and over again- but in this one, you can scan items in the environment for extra jokes! (TFTBL) In this one, you can play multiple characters and listen to Emilia Clarke try to voice act for one scene! (TTGOT) In this one, you can move vertically in the environments! (GOTG) Wow! Such diverse gameplay!

This isn’t to say that other developers don’t make similar games for different IPs in the same engine over and over again (cough… Bethesda) but Telltale also really needed to step up their game (no pun intended) and just make something different for once.

I’m not sure if this actually responds to your comment very well but I’ve needed to vent about this for a while now. I hope you don’t mind. Idk I think Kevin Bruner* is still very responsible for Telltale’s death considering we know how much of a destructive influence he was within the company but I definitely agree that there could be a lot of other factors we’ll never fully understand.

*Note to mods: I'm not trying to have a go at him or provoke the #FuckKevinBruner parade.

True, true, but I think this was bound to happen sooner or later because of how Telltale games are. With things like Spideman, and Red Dead,

• edited December 2018

I don't think Wolf s2 would have sold much better than TFS, at least not enough to make any sort of difference with Telltale closing.

In fact, getting TFS first instead of Wolf was a blessing. If Telltale closed in the middle of Wolf s2, it would definitely have remained unfinished. Vertigo doesn't make games and they don't have a brand new gaming division that could pick up the pieces like Skybound does. Not to mention the fact that we would be forever stuck with the ANF "Clementines journey will continue..." cliffhanger if TFS didn't come first, whereas Wolf s1 ended on a cliffhanger but it was more of a tease and a plot point that Telltale confirmed was not going to be expanded on in s2.

So yeah, we are truly lucky that TFS came first and that the schedule worked out the way that it did.

hemfbg posted: »

boi it seriously infuriates me that they decided to make TFS first instead of The Wolf Among Us 2. If they had made TWAU, there's a chanc

• In the end we can say that "telltale got the bad ending" by their decisions.

• There is no bad ending in Telltale games, this ain't Detroit.

Well maybe in games like GoT haha

In the end we can say that "telltale got the bad ending" by their decisions.

• That doesn't exclude them doing it before that point.

I don't think Wolf s2 would have sold much better than TFS, at least not enough to make any sort of difference with Telltale closing. In

• Then The Wolf Among Us Season Two may not have been as good. It was delayed so they would have had more time to get things right and make a high quality sequel that the Wolf Among Us fans deserved. The Final Season was supposed to release in Q2 2018 but it was delayed until August so gameplay improvements and the narrative of The Final Season could be worked on, and just look at how that decision to delay it turned out :smile:

I won't lie, I love The Walking Dead far more than The Wolf Among Us, but I see why people are drawn to it, as it is a really special game. And to state a VERY unpopular opinion: I would prefer that The Walking Dead, a Series that propelled Telltale to the darling of the Gaming Industry all those years ago, got the conclusion it deserves. The Wolf Among Us deserved a Season Two, and I am sorry that it may not come, but surely if Telltale was still around and showed off some stuff for Season Two around this time, you may have been glad that they delayed it.

Anyways, fingers crossed DC Vertigo swoops in and tries to find a potential suitor that could produce The Wolf Among Us Season Two

That doesn't exclude them doing it before that point.

• The Final Season was supposed to release in Q2 2018 but it was delayed until August so gameplay improvements and the narrative of The Final Season could be worked on, and just look at how that decision to delay it turned out :smile:

Was it? That's a shame, then.

Then The Wolf Among Us Season Two may not have been as good. It was delayed so they would have had more time to get things right and make a

• I watched the trailer so many times, and I can't get over just how great it is. The music was on point, the return of Lee was amazing, getting to see the most impactful moments of Clementine's journey again, remembering those who we lost along the way such as Kenny, Omid, Chuck and so on is really sad, but it is what keeps Clementine going.

And that last line from Lee, "Time to go Clementine, You've got people who need you" really hit me hard.

I most likely sound like a lunatic, but I really and truly love this Series, I love everything about it. The Walking Dead and Clementine have helped me through some tough times in the past and I am forever grateful for that, while I am extremely happy to see that it will get a conclusion, I am also sad that it will be the end of Clementine's Story, I really hope she and AJ survives, that would be the most perfect way to end The Walking Dead: The Final Season :smile: :heart:

• Do y’all know if the final episodes will be released only for PS4, XBOX, an Switch?

• I believe so.

colbyjack posted: »

Do y’all know if the final episodes will be released only for PS4, XBOX, an Switch?

• Oh god, I just looked at my schedule of when the episode releases, and I have four classes that day ?

• edited December 2018

I have 6 classes that day

Oh god, I just looked at my schedule of when the episode releases, and I have four classes that day ?

• i am unemployed that day

Melton23 posted: »

• Gotta love school

• edited December 2018

And for me its the second day of the school after winter holidays finish. dang it

• edited December 2018

Wish I could find that thread from a while back where we put the trailer music.

Edit: Found it, mind adding it there?

bloop posted: »

If anyone wants to know the theme of the teaser, it's this:

• i am employed that day

MrGraffio posted: »

i am unemployed that day

• not complaining or anything dont get me wrong, but quick fact, the time between Sep 25th 2018 (release date of episode 2), and Jan 15th 2019 (release date of episode 3) is exactly 3 months and 21 days. is this the longest time wait for twdg episode?

• ANF's transition between episode 2 and 3 took nearly three months. If you ask me, Skybound is being pretty quick about it considering an entire company went into closure.

Razer531 posted: »

not complaining or anything dont get me wrong, but quick fact, the time between Sep 25th 2018 (release date of episode 2), and Jan 15th 2019 (release date of episode 3) is exactly 3 months and 21 days. is this the longest time wait for twdg episode?

• That is the same with season 2 episode 2 the wait between ep 1 & 2 was three months

Razer531 posted: »

not complaining or anything dont get me wrong, but quick fact, the time between Sep 25th 2018 (release date of episode 2), and Jan 15th 2019 (release date of episode 3) is exactly 3 months and 21 days. is this the longest time wait for twdg episode?

• @ClemandLee4ever That is the same with season 2 episode 2 the wait between ep 1 & 2 was three months

The difference in those cases is that they busy working on and editing/rewriting the episode during the entire time, while Broken Toys is being completed from what was already gonna be shipped out after a considerable halt in production.

Sharples65 posted: »

ANF's transition between episode 2 and 3 took nearly three months. If you ask me, Skybound is being pretty quick about it considering an entire company went into closure.

• Lee: I guess the world got pretty hard since I left it.
    Me:

• No PC on the 15th Jan?
    It was advertised only ps4, Xbox, switch.

• I requested time off from work on 1/14 and 1/15.... can't wait but it's going to be bittersweet knowing this is the second to last episode ever.

• edited December 2018

It will be available on PC too, they only advertised PS4, Xbox and Switch as at this moment in time, The Walking Dead: The Final Season is available to buy on those systems. It is yet to return to Steam, but it will make its return before Episode 3 releases :smile:

No PC on the 15th Jan? It was advertised only ps4, Xbox, switch.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.