Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    Anyway, i just noticed my map has a few discoloured blobs on it. Purple.

how is purple discoloured?
  • edited July 2010
    Who put treasure crab in charge of customs?

Anyway, i just noticed my map has a few discoloured blobs on it. Purple.

that map is made of fail
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Guys,

I totally forgot to post this. I got the Deluxe Edition a few days ago and I totally love it. It was worth the wait even though it drove me nuts waiting. I love the map of Melange, it was really well made. The Piece of Eight looks cool and the Tarot card is awsome. I plan to buy more stuff from TTG, like the Tarot card set.
  • edited July 2010
    arrgh still waiting on mine :(

got the notification on July 6th, but my tracking number still says they haven't even shipped yet. all they have is the electronic confirmation

did everyone elses tracking number actually show updates as your swag was shipped??

slowly but surely going crazy waiting for these things, lol
  • edited July 2010
    Me too, Maeode - whereabouts are you? I'm in UK, so I'm expecting everything to be delayed by customs and our crappy courier services (you know, the ones that just shove a card through your door rather than make the effort to RING THE DAMN BELL!)

Well, it's my 30th birthday in a few weeks, maybe I'll get a nice pressie!
  • edited July 2010
    Could someone who has the dvd post the credits(the ones with forum members)i wanna see who all made it.
  • edited July 2010
    Well, my package arrived with my parents (they send me a note saying that) and I'll be picking it up tomorrow.

Yay!
  • edited July 2010
    Maeode wrote: »

got the notification on July 6th, but my tracking number still says they haven't even shipped yet. all they have is the electronic confirmation

did everyone elses tracking number actually show updates as your swag was shipped??

It isn't a tracking number. It's a delivery confirmation number. It doesn't update until the package is delivered.
  • edited July 2010
    OK, I finally got around to finding a frame and sitting down to mounting the deluxe stuff. Here's the finished product:

tomiframed.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    That looks nice, Thespis! Does that happen to be an IKEA frame? Then I'm thinking of getting one myself.
  • edited July 2010
    Mermaid wrote: »
    That looks nice, Thespis! Does that happen to be an IKEA frame? Then I'm thinking of getting one myself.

It's not from IKEA, it's just a shadowbox frame I found at a local store. You could probably find a similar one at IKEA (I've never shopped for frames at IKEA, so I don't know what they have) or elsewhere.

The dimensions of mine are:

Metric:
    30.48 cm X 30.48 cm with a depth of 1.90500 cm

US:
    12 in X 12 in with a depth of .75 in

ETA: I also used black foam board that I cut to the above dimensions. Everything except the button is attached using double-sided scrapbooking tape.
  • edited July 2010
    damn. now i want to make my map look like that too, but i just now that i would screw up and burn it completely up
  • edited July 2010
    Nice work on the map! I'm very tempted to steal your idea and frame all my collectables now, buut, the treasure chest does the job nicely. (Plus theres not much room on my walls...)
  • edited July 2010
    Thespis wrote: »
    OK, I finally got around to finding a frame and sitting down to mounting the deluxe stuff. Here's the finished product:

tomiframed.jpg

Tell me: Is it worth cutting out the map? I'm not sure if I want to now I actually have it, incase it looks worse
  • edited July 2010
    I totally just ordered a frame to steal your idea and complement my gaming wall :D

Also scared about cutting the map...
  • edited July 2010
    I wouldn't cut the map if I was putting it in a frame, I'd just fold the outer border inwards so that it fits (not to hide the border, because that's not possible). If you put it in a frame, then the back of the frame is only going to serve as a border anyway (just a different colour, black in Thepsis' case). I'd rather keep my map intact and not cut it.
  • edited July 2010

Same boat. But they aren't tracking numbers exactly, they give you all the tracking info you could want AFTER its delivered. But between order generated and delivery they don't update.

Mine also dispatched on the 6th, I should think 2 weeks max is about tops between dispatch and arriving uk side
  • edited July 2010

aw, i have the same scenario as yours.. still don't have notice yet for me to pick up the package... but i hope they will deliver it door to door :D
  • edited July 2010
    Crrash wrote: »
    damn. now i want to make my map look like that too, but i just now that i would screw up and burn it completely up

As I said before, it actually cuts pretty cleanly, burning isn't really necessary. I didn't do the entire map. I did a couple of spots then decided it wasn't really that necessary. If you aren't comfortable doing it, don't do it.

Tell me: Is it worth cutting out the map?
    JFreeman wrote: »
    Also scared about cutting the map...

As stated above about the burning, if you don't want to cut it, don't cut it. Frame it as is, see how you like it, then decide where to go from there.

Was it worth cutting out the map? To me, yes, but it may be different for you. All I'm doing is showing everyone what I did with my stuff. It's up to you to decide what you want to do with yours.
  • edited July 2010
    Thespis wrote: »
    As stated above about the burning, if you don't want to cut it, don't cut it. Frame it as is, see how you like it, then decide where to go from there.

Was it worth cutting out the map? To me, yes, but it may be different for you. All I'm doing is showing everyone what I did with my stuff. It's up to you to decide what you want to do with yours.

Ah, but I don't want to frame it. I don't want a white border and a (c) Lucasarts 2010 raping the feel of the map. But I don't want to cut it out and regret it...
  • edited July 2010
    Ah, but I don't want to frame it. I don't want a white border and a (c) Lucasarts 2010 raping the feel of the map. But I don't want to cut it out and regret it...

Get a spare. :)
  • edited July 2010
    So I still have no idea where my Deluxe box is sitting - I called my local post office and customs, and neither can tell me anything because the USPS number is apparently "untrackable" and I emailed USPS support and they gave me the same deal. How is it possible that no one knows where it is :(
  • edited July 2010
    Hamstah wrote: »
    So I still have no idea where my Deluxe box is sitting - I called my local post office and customs, and neither can tell me anything because the USPS number is apparently "untrackable" and I emailed USPS support and they gave me the same deal. How is it possible that no one knows where it is :(

Because the USPS number is not a tracking number and therefore the package isn't being tracked.
  • edited July 2010
    Mine arrived last Thursday, but no one was home so I went out and collected it on Saturday. Really happy with everything, well worth every penny and well worth the wait!!
  • edited July 2010
    Probably a stupid question, and probably asked by others apprehensive like me, but... does anyone know if the DVD/Deluxe will be posted directly to my address?

I live in Australia and don't have a public box or anything where my letters/parcels are forwarded at a post office, instead I receive everything via my home address.

So I'm hoping I don't have to go pick up my package from some arbitrary location, like customs or something.... eek!

Cheers
  • edited July 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    Get a spare. :)

Only if Telltale doesn't send me free replacements for my missing pieces will I get a spare
  • edited July 2010
    Probably a stupid question, and probably asked by others apprehensive like me, but... does anyone know if the DVD/Deluxe will be posted directly to my address?

I live in Australia and don't have a public box or anything where my letters/parcels are forwarded at a post office, instead I receive everything via my home address.

So I'm hoping I don't have to go pick up my package from some arbitrary location, like customs or something.... eek!

Cheers
    I wouldn't know for certain, but if you usually receive post at your home address then I don't see why your package wouldn't also be sent there. But if no one is home when your package arrives it might then be sent to customs and you'll be left with a postcard telling you where you have to go to pick it up.
  • edited July 2010
    mine arrived today. my only complaint is

what good is ONE piece of eight. you need seven more. at least. but hundreds of coins in every collectors box might be pushing it.

telltale needs to sell pieces of eight in the store.
  • edited July 2010
    why would you need 8 pieces of eight?
  • edited July 2010
    moo535 wrote: »
    mine arrived today. my only complaint is

what good is ONE piece of eight. you need seven more. at least. but hundreds of coins in every collectors box might be pushing it.

telltale needs to sell pieces of eight in the store.

what good is NO pieces of eight?
  • edited July 2010
    That all depends on the current exchange rate
  • edited July 2010
    Mine just came in today. Ordered on March 22nd, shipped on July 5th. Arrived today on July 19th. I live in Canada.
  • edited July 2010
    Mine just came in today. Ordered on March 22nd, shipped on July 5th. Arrived today on July 19th. I live in Canada.,
    Same shipping time to Canada as to the UK then (two weeks). I would have imagined it would have been sooner for you, with Canada being that much closer to the US.
  • edited July 2010
    Crrash wrote: »
    why would you need 8 pieces of eight?

try to explain what one piece of eight is to regular people.

"it's a piece of eight"
    "why do you only have one?"
    "what do you mean?"
    "if it's a piece of eight, where are the other seven?"
  • edited July 2010
    Mine still aint arrived hopping it will come soon :D I live in the uk though so I expected it to take a while. cant wait.
  • edited July 2010
    If I have already ordered the deluxe chest for the full price, can I get subsequent copies for the price difference ($15), or do I need to pay full price again?
  • edited July 2010
    moo535 wrote: »
    try to explain what one piece of eight is to regular people.

"it's a piece of eight"
    "why do you only have one?"
    "what do you mean?"
    "if it's a piece of eight, where are the other seven?"
    A "regular person" just thinks a piece of eight is fake pirate money.
  • edited July 2010
    once we play MI we are thrown out regular society
  • edited July 2010
    Same shipping time to Canada as to the UK then (two weeks). I would have imagined it would have been sooner for you, with Canada being that much closer to the US.

Mine (to Canada as well) took 3-4 weeks so I'd say it varies.
  • edited July 2010
    (regarding pieces of eight, Episode 5 minor puzzle spoiler)
    I thought it was weird that when you put "a whole eight" into the vending machine and just get change, all it gives you is two pieces of eight. Where are the other six? Unless each piece is half, but that kind of goes against the logic even of the joke
Sign in to comment in this discussion.