Michael J. Fox in Episode 5 - discussion

edited June 2011 in Back to the Future
There are so many possibilities as to what the announcement could be is it BTTF on X-Box?, Another BTTF Game?, A BTTF CGI Movie???? A OUTATIME License Plate to everyone who Bought the game before episode 1 was free??? ok the last one was a bit goofy but give your thoughts do you agree with any of my possibilities or do you have a idea to what Tell Tale has up their sleeve come and share your thoughts:)

Comments

• edited May 2011
    The whole past season was a joke, and they're going to start releasing actual GAMES starting now, beginning with an entirely redone episode 1 that actually isn't painful to slog through.

As an aside, this is literally the only thing that would make this entire project anything but a huge waste of time on everyone's behalf.
  • edited May 2011
    The whole past season was a joke, and they're going to start releasing actual GAMES starting now, beginning with an entirely redone episode 1 that actually isn't painful to slog through.

As an aside, this is literally the only thing that would make this entire project anything but a huge waste of time on everyone's behalf.

If it is Dashing I will praise telltale for we got a game, and a preschool toy for the price of one.
  • edited May 2011
    I'm still hoping someday the OUTATIME replica plates I bought LAST YEAR may someday show up in my mailbox... I've e-mailed but no reply. :(
  • edited May 2011
    Mj fox !!!!!!
  • edited May 2011
    Would be great if they announced Season 2 starring MJ Fox. Not that AJ isn't bad, he's just not Marty.
  • edited May 2011
    Mj fox!!!!!!!
  • edited May 2011
    season two stars MJF and the cliffhanger at the end of season 1 is that we were following a parallel universe Marty and Doc all along?
  • edited May 2011
    Where have you heard there's going to be an announcement?
  • edited May 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    Where have you heard there's going to be an announcement?

Yea. Where did you hear of this?
  • edited May 2011
    It's posted on the blog.
  • edited May 2011
    Ah, thanks.

While I myself am disappointed in BTTF, I'd imagine it's sold well enough to warrant more--though it seems pretty early to make that sort of announcement.

I'm assuming the announcement will just be that it's coming to XBox Live or something.
  • edited May 2011
    Personally, I'm not disappointed in the games - and I thought the story lines were quite interesting, and there were some interesting new characters. That being said, while I wouldn't quite turn down a second season - it's be cool to see how other gaming companies would take on Back to the Future (which Christopher Lloyd always as Doc Brown). Perhaps, have other versions of the BTTF continuation story that would appeal to other types of gamers - like the ones that aren't too fond of the point-and-click type that Telltale did.
  • edited May 2011
    Telltale Games probably wouldn't be announcing that another company is going to make another Back to the Future... ;)
  • edited May 2011
    Maybe the announcement is that this finale is gonna be twice as big as all the other episodes, and that's why they're releasing it in June and not in May.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Reading the blog post carefully, I'm not actually sure that the mentioned "awesome announcements" necessarily have to do with BTTF. Maybe they had "other stuff to do".
  • edited May 2011
    OK, my guesses as follows -

1) OUTATIME will feature 1931, a version of 1986, and Michael J Fox as old Marty some time in some future or other

2) a free pizza for every subscriber

3) Marty takes the Delorean back in time to the days of the pirates, only to have it stolen by an evil ghost pirate who tries to use it to change history, creating a parallel universe where dogs and rabbits talk and wear clothes and shoot people

4) the game will go onto a console that people who have subscribed either don't have or don't care to go an rebuy it on because they're already got it on PC or Mac

If I get even half right, I think I'll be doing well
  • edited May 2011
    It'd be lovely if Michael J Fox had the closing line. I'm not sure his health would permit him to do a whole episode.

AJ has done an amazing job, I'm sure there's no one on the planet who could do a better Marty.
  • edited May 2011
    Imagine if they set up a 'movie mode' where you can watch the game cutscenes (with conversations relevant to the plot) in one sitting.
  • edited May 2011
    Theory: Michael J. Fox will play 2011 Marty.

Edit: Crap, beaten. The 2011 thing is new in this thread, though. I mentioned it because Doc mentioned it in Episode 1.
  • edited May 2011
    Keep in mind, they said announcements, so it could me more than one!
  • edited May 2011
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    Something tells me that too, but im not setting myself up to be disappointed.
    Of course it would be awesome if he would though.
  • edited May 2011
    2) a free pizza for every subscriber

If it's a Pizza Hut dehydrated pizza, then I'm sold.
  • edited May 2011
    If it's a Pizza Hut dehydrated pizza, then I'm sold.

HA Me 2 :D
  • edited May 2011
    Maybe they are announcing Back to the Future the Ride is returning....

A man can dream...
  • edited May 2011
    If I were to guess Telltale's "awesome announcements" concern other games. E3 is coming soon, and with it will be more information on Jurassic Park, The Walking Dead, Puzzle Agent 2, and maybe Hector, King's Quest, and Law and Order. (I suppose it's possible, though unlikely, they may even announce another new project, but Telltale's workload is too huge as it is.) Maybe OUTATIME has to wait for June because there are so many other things they're working on, which they'll announce more on soon?

Michael J. Fox voicing an older Marty would be incredible, though.
  • edited May 2011
    Soeroah wrote: »
    Imagine if they set up a 'movie mode' where you can watch the game cutscenes (with conversations relevant to the plot) in one sitting.

What would be the difference between that and the actual "game" as it is now?
  • edited May 2011
    Lambonius wrote: »
    What would be the difference between that and the actual "game" as it is now?
    It would remove the bits that are entirely pointless. You know, walk up to Emmett, talk to Emmett, get told to walk somewhere, walk there, get told to click thing, click thing, suddenly an unrelated story thing happens that pushes the plot forward....that would be ripped out and you could get to the only part of the product that is arguably decent.
  • edited May 2011
    I hope they will announce OUTATIME to be released June 1st! But probably not..
  • edited May 2011
    Tiranno wrote: »
    Would be great if they announced Season 2 starring MJ Fox. Not that AJ isn't bad, he's just not Marty.

I don't think that would work. AJ probably does M. Mcfly better than Fox these days. What with the Parkinsons and all.
  • edited May 2011
    BiggerJ wrote: »

Edit: Crap, beaten. The 2011 thing is new in this thread, though. I mentioned it because Doc mentioned it in Episode 1.

What was it Doc said on episode 1 again?
  • edited May 2011
    I thought at first that the announcements might be BTTF related, but I can't see why. There's no way they'd announce Season 2 just yet, especially since it sounds to me like it's wrapped up nicely, if AJ's interview was any indication. As for MJ Fox making an appearance, I could see him being his older self or something, but not really for a full episode. If anything, the announcement will be in regards to any new franchises or what-have-you that will be appearing at E3. I don't think we'll get anything new from TellTale regarding BTTF other than Episode 5.
  • edited May 2011
    I like the guy that is doing marty now
  • edited May 2011
    As sad as it makes me feel, the fact is, Michael J Fox is probably in no real good condition to voice Marty McFly for entire episodes.
  • edited May 2011
    A massive refund on all ps3 owners that waited so long and finally going to release a new season exclusively for the 360 then there will be 3ds release...

I lost all hope on this game....
  • edited May 2011
    A massive refund on all ps3 owners that waited so long and finally going to release a new season exclusively for the 360 then there will be 3ds release...

I lost all hope on this game....

Why should TellTale give PS3 owners a refund? TellTale had nothing to do with the PSN outage. If anybody owes anyone anything in regards to that, it's Sony.
  • edited May 2011
    Amazing definitely true conspiracy theory: Telltale Games hacked the PSN in order to prevent Otaku of the future from getting the game.
  • edited May 2011
    Just to clarify, the announcements are Back to the Future related.
  • edited May 2011
    In that case....

Extra time to either fit in the schedules for or recording extra lines for a major celebrity voice seems relatively likely. Other things I can think of include more content than usual for an episode. It seems that, through the "Why June?" question, they're implying that the delay has something to do with the major announcements regarding the game.

That's my speculation, anyway.
  • edited May 2011
    Just to clarify, the announcements are Back to the Future related.

Ah. Then I can think of only two possibilities for the episode having to wait until June.

1. You're going to release BttF on the 360, but Microsoft said the PC/Mac version of the finale would have to wait until all the episodes are on the 360 too, just like how Jurassic Park got delayed.

2. You had to do some extra voice work for some reason or other. ;)
  • edited May 2011
    From the way they are talking about special announcements, they are probably going to blow us away with a surprise BTTF guest show appearance like they did with episode 3.

Could it be the vice principal, Mr. Strickland?
    How about Dave or Linda McFly?
    Or...could it be a special ending song from Huey Lewis?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.