The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited September 2011
    pheeph wrote: »
    well, I didn't understand it myself when I started drawing this... I had to do a little research and google for images on steampunk... for characters you just depict them in Victorian-era clothing (late 19th century clothing) and then add a lot of accessories and things related to that era (such as cogwheels, goggles, ornate belts)... For technology such as vehicles and weapons, just reimagine each part with anything related to the steam engine...

So, basically, it's what the people of the 19th century would have considered "futuristic".
  • edited September 2011
    So, basically, it's what the people of the 19th century would have considered "futuristic".

yeah...
    This wiki article is one of the things I looked at to draw the Sam and Max steampunk pic...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk
  • edited September 2011
    hey look what i made...
    the_geek_poster_sam_and_max_by_pepsiboy3-d49acmi.png

P.S: the shoe is the goof parts...
  • edited September 2011
    In the mood to draw something. Pick one.

a) Noir Sam.

b) Flint Paper.

c) Bone.
  • edited September 2011
    Can it be a combination of A and B?
  • edited September 2011
    Definitely A. It's how I feel right now, being potentially unemployed by the end of the month.
  • edited September 2011
    crfh wrote: »

a) Noir Sam.

b) Flint Paper.

c) Bone.

A combination of all 3.
  • edited September 2011

a) Noir Sam.

b) Flint Paper.

c) Bone.
    *edit*
    ill pick A
  • edited September 2011
    pepsiboy3 wrote: »
    just both 3.

Dear god, is it possible for you to write a post that isn't flawed in some way by your stupidity?
  • edited September 2011
    Well I did A and threw in a little B, but it turned out to be particularly... violent o.O

I'll ink it tonight.
  • edited September 2011
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    Dear god, is it possible for you to write a post that isn't flawed in some way by your stupidity?

Don't feed the troll, tbm.
  • edited September 2011
    I don't even know if I can post this here, but follow the link if you want to look. Warning: gore and violence.

http://www.crfh.net/other/twice.jpg
  • edited September 2011
    I don't even know if I can post this here, but follow the link if you want to look. Warning: gore and violence.

Oh it's not 'that' gorey. Anyway, good work with it. Poor Max.
  • edited September 2011
    I dunno... it's the first time I've had to google human organs for a Sam and Max fanart o.O

And thanks! :D
  • edited September 2011

Just goes to show how insane Sam can get when under pressure. Nice work.
  • edited September 2011

Wow, that's quite a progression starting from "In the mood to draw something." It's evoking more thought than most of the drawings in this thread. Well done.
  • edited September 2011
    Yes, well done. I'd like to strangle people (ejecting hearts is more difficult) to get some more work but I don't have the energy.
  • edited September 2011
    Don't feed the troll, tbm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siVpyufXQDM
  • edited September 2011

Oh, I'm sorry, sir. Have I offended you or something?
  • edited September 2011
    Oh, I'm sorry, sir. Have I offended you or something?

first, don't you ever call me a troll again

second, send a gift to me on steam (my steam name "pepsiboy52")
  • edited September 2011
    first, don't you ever call me a troll again

second, send a gift to me on steam (my steam name "pepsiboy52")

Oh, hey, Strongbrush, you can call me a troll all you want if it means you then have to buy me Steam games.
  • edited September 2011
    I want some games too

Hey guys, thanks for all your feeback :D
  • edited September 2011
    Sorry, but I'm not getting ANYBODY any steam games. I'm not made of frickin money, you know!
  • edited September 2011
    I want some games too

I'd get you games because of the awesome art and comics, but I don't has monies :(
  • edited September 2011
    Aaaw :(
  • edited September 2011

Max adorable fluffy ear will never be the same
  • edited September 2011
  • edited September 2011
    A Speedpainting video I made.

Here's the result. Please tell me if you can see the video, by the way.

photohda.jpg
  • edited September 2011
    That... is just too awesome for words.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Please tell me if you can see the video, by the way.

Sorry, nope... wants me to log into facebook... :(

I love the pictures, by the way! Excellent composition. The circular background elements of the Max piece could have been in the Sam part as well (in a blue shade, of course), thus tying these pictures even more together.
  • edited September 2011
    Sorry, nope... wants me to log into facebook... :(

I love the pictures, by the way! Excellent composition. The circular background elements of the Max piece could have been in the Sam part as well (in a blue shade, of course), thus tying these pictures even more together.

I used FB video instead of Youtube, because my Youtube account froze (you can still see my old videos, I just can't add new ones). So you do need to log into FB, but I made it a public video.
  • edited September 2011
    I'm also not a Facebook member, but I clicked the video link just for fun. I got a Facebook error page (not a sign-on page) saying, "Sorry, something went wrong. We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can." So your video is so awesome it broke Facebook.
    edited September 2011
    I used FB video instead of Youtube, because my Youtube account froze (you can still see my old videos, I just can't add new ones). So you do need to log into FB, but I made it a public video.

No facebook account, never ever... sorry. ;)
  • edited September 2011
    That's amazing, divisionten!
  • edited September 2011
    A Speedpainting video I made.

Here's the result. Please tell me if you can see the video, by the way.

OK, the Facebook video is now completely public, if you view it using the link above. I have never given Facebook so much as my initials, but it let me watch the video. Great job, divisionten, but now you're making me miss the soundtracks even more....

One question, though. Is Max supposed to be a girl in this painting?
  • edited September 2011
    PzyAj.png

Now, I know this isn't really straight up fan-art, but then again, what do I post nowadays that isn't? At least I drew canon Papierwaite and not that OTHER ONE I spend the majority of my time drawing.
  • edited September 2011
    Cheri wrote: »
    PzyAj.png

Now, I know this isn't really straight up fan-art, but then again, what do I post nowadays that isn't? At least I drew canon Papierwaite and not that OTHER ONE I spend the majority of my time drawing.

Cheri, this is supposed to be about fun stuff relating to Sam and Max, so don't worry about it! Fallout!Papierwaite is an awesome character and I would live to see more New Vegas Shenanigans with him! Speaking of which, make room for the Geminis, gal!
  • edited September 2011
    Cheri wrote: »
    PzyAj.png

artworks-000009551877-atyffk-original.png?8460df1
    edited September 2011

Now it's public, so I've finally seen it. You_are_amazing. As an improv piece, it's fantastic. Laying down the silhouettes without pencil sketches, that needs quite some imagination. And did I see that correctly - for the backgrounds, it seems to me you were actually fast enough to work wet-in-wet, correct?! I never manage that with acrylics. Try to find a better camera for photographs, as the video gives us much more vivid colors than the picture you posted of your work.

Looking forward to seeing more from you... Halloween contest just around the corner!

/edit: Sam & Max art thread now has 2879 posts; the Monkey Island one has 2895. We'll get there, folks!! :D
  • edited September 2011
    Now it's public, so I've finally seen it. You_are_amazing. As an improv piece, it's fantastic. Laying down the silhouettes without pencil sketches, that needs quite some imagination. And did I see that correctly - for the backgrounds, it seems to me you were actually fast enough to work wet-in-wet, correct?! I never manage that with acrylics. Try to find a better camera for photographs, as the video gives us much more vivid colors than the picture you posted of your work.

Looking forward to seeing more from you... Halloween contest just around the corner!

/edit: Sam & Max art thread now has 2879 posts; the Monkey Island one has 2895. We'll get there, folks!! :D

I will tell you- straight acrylics won't blend wet so easily. I actually get that effect by using long expired paint. The paints I used in the backgrounds are over ten years old, and it does a fantastic job of blending wet and doig a few other funky things, although old acrylics stink to high heck.

The foreground was made with new paint, though.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.