The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2011
    I will tell you- straight acrylics won't blend wet so easily. I actually get that effect by using long expired paint. The paints I used in the backgrounds are over ten years old, and it does a fantastic job of blending wet and doig a few other funky things, although old acrylics stink to high heck.

The foreground was made with new paint, though.

Last experiment I made in that direction were "Golden Open" Acrylics. That stuff dries REALLY slowly, but the first project (Baby Amelia Earhart card) was still a huge failure.
  • edited September 2011
    If you guys are trying to do wet-on-wet, why don't you go with oils instead?
    edited September 2011
    Ah! Don't go there. I live in a one-room apartment, and I've really considered oils for the last years. I melt with envy when I see what James Gurney does with the stuff. Alas, it's just not possible. The fumes of the solvents would always be in the room (the paints themselves smell, and water-soluble oils are reportedly rubbish) and there's no space to let the paintings dry. Also, oils are more costly - not the paints themselves, but the painting surfaces, which also take significantly more space, which, as you see, is just not there, and...

...you see, this is going nowhere.

For the same fume, space and cost reason (with the additional "noise" added here), I won't do airbrush, and that pains me also, because right now, that would be my direction. ;)

Let's see where my present endeavors bring me. Halloween contest, hello. :D
  • edited September 2011
    flint_paper_profile_by_crfh_maritza-d4b960i.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    @crfh- oh my gosh, looks great! :D
  • edited October 2011
    hey guys, look what i found from deviant arts...
    rampant_plot_bunnies_by_sailorv_babe-d4bfroq.jpg
    that's SailorV-babe's artwork, not mine.
    P.S: look at her Description
  • edited October 2011
    pepsi- this is the Sam and Max fanart thread. As cool as it looks, it is not posed in the right location. Please move it to the General Art thread. Thank you.
  • edited October 2011
    pepsi- this is the Sam and Max fanart thread. As cool as it looks, it is not posed in the right location. Please move it to the General Art thread. Thank you.

Actually, that's Girl Stinky and Jurgen in the background, and The Geek as a Magical Girl in the front. It's a bit difficult difficult to tell without color, though.

@crfh: Nice profile! Never get tired of your inking! Also, I loved that Noir Sam picture with Flint. Great reference to the Max getting shot comic!

@pepsi: Did you get permission from Sailor V-Babe to post this. Don't get me wrong, I love this. I just want to know she's okay with this.
  • edited October 2011
    Actually, that's Girl Stinky and Jurgen in the background, and The Geek as a Magical Girl in the front.
    *to divisionten* CI?
  • edited October 2011
    Jurgen looks too pretty!
  • edited October 2011
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    I'd get you games because of the awesome art and comics, but I don't has monies :(

me too (but i do have my real money, i don't know how to use it in the computer)
  • edited October 2011
    No-Nonsense Sam.
    shootingsam.jpg
    edited October 2011
    Oh, I just LOVE your stuff. :D :D

Great contrasts again!

Arms look a bit too stretched - maybe a posture with a "stabilizing" hand and bent arm could have been a little more believable.
  • edited October 2011
    Thank you!! Yes, definitely :D
  • edited October 2011
    here's one I drew just now... did this for the sake of drawing something Sam and Max-related...
    a_predicament____by_pheeph-d4cqkqh.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    I guess this is more TF2 art, but still.

23i87s1.png
  • edited October 2011
    Good lord.
  • edited October 2011
    Hi, guys! I haven't been around for a while - real life slammed me in the face, as it tends to do - but more recently I've been able to pick up drawing again, and thought I'd share my latest project.

I once posted here a long time ago with my interpretation of Noir Max, and how his backstory happened; now, I'm going to do my best to put it into comic form.

Oh, and please bear with me when it comes to strange panel structure and angles, because this is my first time trying a project of this sort! Any and all feedback would be appreciated |D

Page 1:
    tI9KN.png
  • edited October 2011
    lol, I want to see the rest already :D

Also, I did this yesterday because why not?
    flaming_sam_head_by_thesunnyguy-d4daapq.png
  • edited October 2011
    Oh, now I want to make another "Electromagnetic Sam" thing. Great stuff Sunny!!

For the sake of completeness. I did this the other day.

sketchdumpflint.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    Ah yes, the Flint Paper drawings. Awesome :D

You saying that Max got the fleas from Sam still makes me want to see Sam with fleas really bad =P
  • edited October 2011
    here's my finish artwork...
    the_geek_poster_sam_and_max_2_by_pepsiboy3-d4cyzni.png
  • edited October 2011
    tumblr_ltpj6ad2pk1qhhv13o1_400.png

I tried drawing Sam MSPA style. Emphasis on the word "tried".
  • edited October 2011
    -snip-
  • edited October 2011
    Nice job, pepsiboy and shyguy :D

Apparently everybody's into Homestuck these days.

And now, DEATH FROM ABOVE!

surprise.jpg
    edited October 2011
    Attention passengers, this thread has now two posts MORE than the Monkey Island fan art thread, a thing thought impossible in 2010. :D

crfh, amazing work as always!
  • edited October 2011
    crfh wrote: »
    Nice job, pepsiboy and shyguy :D

Apparently everybody's into Homestuck these days.

And now, DEATH FROM ABOVE!

surprise.jpg

Your poses and shading are always the best :D Great job, as ever!
  • edited November 2011
    Oops haven't been around in a few months.
    Main reason for that is the fact that I started college way back in July and only recently dropped out because it was a legendary piece of s*** college. So my art motivation has been utterly dead up until recently.
    I bring you my half of an art trade with crfh:
    http://shadren4ever.deviantart.com/art/Noirish-Flint-Paper-265755310
    Did some grungey Flint Paper because that man is my fictional adoptive father.
  • edited November 2011
    @greenheadphones-fkjlafdlajd I've probably said this already but that picture gave me the shivers. amazing job. <3
  • edited November 2011
    Here's my Sam and Max pic... can anyone guess what album cover it parodies?
    sam_and_max_and_gang_by_pheeph-d4fnl6q.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    Great work, pheeph! :D luv flint paper.

Speaking of Flint Paper, needless to say I absofreaking LOVED Greenheadphones' Flint Paper (it's my wallpaper now!). Here's my part of the exchange in case you were curious.

samgo.jpg
    edited November 2011
    Oh, THAT's been on DA for quite some time. :D :D
  • edited November 2011
    Still can't get over how much I love that pic and I must now finish drawing that flamenco dancing Sameth I've been saying I'd do XD
  • edited November 2011
    Against my better judgement I drew a crappy picture of Gluttonous Max (one of max's vices) in paint. Goody.

bH75m.png
  • edited November 2011
    -snip-
  • edited November 2011
    Shyguy wrote: »
    -snip-
    Hey, I was about to comment on that one!
  • edited November 2011
    It wasn't a good picture
  • edited November 2011
    Attention to all those who are interested: I'm thinking of drawing a fan comic, but first, I need some input from my supporters. (All three of you out there.)

The basic premise of the story is that one day, whilst running away from a gang of psychopaths (Well, SAM is running. He hasn't been the same ever since season three's melancholy ending. Max is just being carried like a football), the duo come across a mysterious portal at the end of a dark alley. Having nowhere else to run, they decide to enter the portal. When they both come to, they look strangely like, and in fact have become, ponies. They have found themselves in the heart of Equestria.

That's right, I'm going so far as to suggest a straight-up crossover between the enjoyable-for everyone My Little Pony series and the not-reccomended-for-young-children-or-adults-of-any-age Sam and Max characters. I know it's a crazy idea that will probably backfire horribly, but, hey, it's worth a shot, isn't it?

...isn't it?
  • edited November 2011
    Attention to all those who are interested: I'm thinking of drawing a fan comic, but first, I need some input from my supporters. (All three of you out there.)

The basic premise of the story is that one day, whilst running away from a gang of psychopaths (Well, SAM is running. He hasn't been the same ever since season three's melancholy ending. Max is just being carried like a football), the duo come across a mysterious portal at the end of a dark alley. Having nowhere else to run, they decide to enter the portal. When they both come to, they look strangely like, and in fact have become, ponies. They have found themselves in the heart of Equestria.

That's right, I'm going so far as to suggest a straight-up crossover between the enjoyable-for everyone My Little Pony series and the not-reccomended-for-young-children-or-adults-of-any-age Sam and Max characters. I know it's a crazy idea that will probably backfire horribly, but, hey, it's worth a shot, isn't it?

...isn't it?

This is a bad idea.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.