Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    It sucks that it's as late as it is, and still no game. But I'm still excited to play it. Hopefully they send a email to people who bought it explaining the delay. This is the first game I bought from here, because it was "The Walking Dead", but i picked up some other games too and they were all excellent. As long as it's as good as those, I don't mind waiting.
  • edited April 2012
    But I already played Seasoning 2... :(

Replay the season in hard mod. Click everywhere and wait the end :p
  • edited April 2012
    Great. I paid for the almost all, then 2 weeks later I see it on Steam (which I prefer), and now I am forced to wait because is released first on Steam??? Are you for real? No kidding? Really?

I feel trolled, really badly.
  • edited April 2012
    lol, that's a really ignorant comment. Someone should lose their livelihood because you had to wait a few hours. #firstworldproblems

...yes, I'm cool, I used a hashtag in a forum post.

everyone has it ...even cracked .....but morons like me who pre-ordered the game here on the telltale site are the last people who will get it ...i think many have learned their lesson on not to purchase until they see it out. Don't get me wrong Back to the future i also ordered i back then and everything was great , ordered also the deluxe package which was great too ...but this ....this is not how you do business - this is pure very poor marketing !
  • edited April 2012
    Hi,

We definitely apologize for delay on this. We ran into a server issue that only affected our build and had to make the tough decision to delay the release of our build until that issue was resolved. We're not going anywhere, though, and everybody is working really hard to get it fixed and get the game out to you ASAP. I'll post another update as soon as I have more information, but please know that we're working on it.

Thank you so much for your patience.

-Mike
  • edited April 2012
    Bigpsycho wrote: »
    everyone has it ...even cracked .....but morons like me who pre-ordered the game here on the telltale site are the last people who will get itXbox 360 and IOS users don't have it. ...i think many have learned their lesson on not to purchase until they see it outWait what? Grammar check. If you mean "wait until it is out", that isn't a bad strategy, and you get more reviews that way.. Don't get me wrong Back to the future i also ordered i back then and everything was great , ordered also the deluxe package which was great too ...but this ....this is not how you do business - this is pure very poor marketing !Funny, BTTF did this exact same thing. It was late just as well.

Bold response.
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    Hi,

We definitely apologize for delay on this. We ran into a server issue that only affected our build and had to make the tough decision to delay the release of our build until that issue was resolved. We're not going anywhere, though, and everybody is working really hard to get it fixed and get the game out to you ASAP. I'll post another update as soon as I have more information, but please know that we're working on it.

-Mike

Thanks Mike <3
  • edited April 2012
    magic88889 wrote: »
    He said he's saying everything he's authorized to say.

but thats what gets me - his management team that are acting aloof and obnoxiously not caring that they alienate their (not considered fanes) customers.

I appreciate Crofael's info and not having a go him/her.
  • edited April 2012
    DWhipp wrote: »
    Yup Zombie Cameos for all!!
    The Walking Dead: Episode 6 - The Undead Community
    Featuring the largest zombie hoard ever; EVERY member who posted on this thread!
    Finish your adventure as Lee Everett as you try to survive the endless torment of angry undead gamers, each based of a real TellTale Games customer! Chop of the limbs of your favourite members, make split second decision between following Crofael or Mike to safety, but don't get caught up in the hoard of refund-hunting walkers!
    Coming soon! (ETA 2014 with any luck)
  • edited April 2012
    ted12 wrote: »
    Sorry, I misunderstood what you said.

No, I'm sorry i snapped like a twig. I just got home and saw this forum still going on and could only think "seriously?". Not your fault som people are impatient (myself included).
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    I see one punctuation error in a rather short post. That isn't exactly illiterate.

Illiterate, as in can't read not can't write
  • edited April 2012
    Hi,

-Mike

No problem Mike. Stuff happens. Sounds like this issue really screwed you guys over. This does though show why I never plan on getting it till the next day at the earliest. It's because sometimes something bad happens that can totally screw over everything and lead to delays.
  • edited April 2012
    Pitewass wrote: »
    but thats what gets me - his management team that are acting aloof and obnoxiously not caring that they alienate their (not considered fanes) customers.

Hi,

-Mike

Here's something.
  • edited April 2012
    Hi,

-Mike

thanks for the info. Going to bed as a very disappointed man but appreciate the info
  • edited April 2012
    Hi,

-Mike

Thanks a lot. Very excited for the game. I'm sure you found this result to be unavoidable, based on a server issue.
  • edited April 2012
    imdgart wrote: »
    Illiterate, as in can't read not can't write

Ah. My apologies then.
  • edited April 2012
    Hi,

-Mike

You have until midnight, Atlantic time...at which point everyone will zombify and rush your offices. Let's hope developing "The Walking Dead" game has prepared you for the fan boy zombie horde. Also, we'll probably have like light sabers and shit too.
  • edited April 2012
    You don't have to be forgiving, but you also don't get the right to complain when it still technically isn't late. They have until 12:00 PDT. Beyond that, I'll probably be joining everyone in this, but until then, we can't really complain as it still isn't late.

I'd say that it IS late, since the game is available on the PC right now for people who didn't buy directly. I can't say I've seen a situation where a developer can't release their own game through their own website while it's available to everyone else. In most cases, and I'd wager it's true here, the developer gets more money from direct sales rather than through Steam or even console "marketplaces".

It's obvious there's something wrong that's preventing them from releasing the game to people who paid them directly. I'd say that qualifies as "late".

In the end, it's a game, not desperately needed donor organ. No one will die if it's late.
  • edited April 2012
    No problem Mike. Stuff happens. Sounds like this issue really screwed you guys over.

Or they just screwed up on.
  • edited April 2012
    You don't have to be forgiving, but you also don't get the right to complain when it still technically isn't late. They have until 12:00 PDT. Beyond that, I'll probably be joining everyone in this, but until then, we can't really complain as it still isn't late.

Yes, I actually do. It's reasonable to assume I'd actually get to play it on the 24th. Even the programmer knows it's a clusterf**k launch... so why don't you?

edit...and now it looks like it's indefinitely delayed.

#refund
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks Mike! =)
    Hopefully tomorrow I can play it.
  • edited April 2012
    Maybe you can give out Steam keys so we can start playing on Steam? :)
  • edited April 2012
    Pitewass wrote: »

The very fact that they talk to us at all makes them less aloof than any other company I buy games from. And it's not like Management is holding the game in their hands and cackling madly at us. If they could get it out to us, it would be out to us. They just want to fix it before they release it. Which is ALSO less aloof than any other company I buy games from.
  • edited April 2012
    Hi,

-Mike

Looks like somebody forgot to back up their data :)

sorry, computer tech joke.
  • edited April 2012
    samuelk wrote: »
    I'd say that it IS late, since the game is available on the PC right now for people who didn't buy directly. I can't say I've seen a situation where a developer can't release their own game through their own website while it's available to everyone else. In most cases, and I'd wager it's true here, the developer gets more money from direct sales rather than through Steam or even console "marketplaces".

It's obvious there's something wrong that's preventing them from releasing the game to people who paid them directly. I'd say that qualifies as "late".

In the end, it's a game, not desperately needed donor organ. No one will die if it's late.

Im dead on the inside.....but beer fixed that :D
  • edited April 2012
    lol, it's always kind of funny how the forum posts are.

Irate Customer: OMG!! where's my @!#!@!$ game!!! I've been waiting 10 minutes!!! ARG, I'm going to murder someone if I don't get it NOW!!!!

Staff Member: Should be done soon :) Be patient, sorry for the delay.

Irate Customer: Hey man, no problem...it's all cool. Take your time buddy.
  • edited April 2012
    Please understand people, hunting a bug in a program is NOT an exact science. They do not always stand up, wave their digital arms madly, and yell "Here I am!" Many times it is a hunt for the extremely vague. You cannot put a time frame on how long it will take you to find it. Especially when dealing with the public. As soon as you say "It will be done at this time." You are committing to it. Then if for some reason you don't find it in time, you are screwed.

I appreciate that they are working hard to find this last minute issue before giving it to us. Waiting is nothing compared to receiving a broken product.
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks, Mike. I can only imagine what you all are going through right now. I work for a software development company myself, so I have some idea. Take your time and make sure what needs to be done is done to what most should know your standards are.
  • edited April 2012
    Ah. My apologies then.

Eh, well i mean you weren't completely wrong.
  • edited April 2012
    Hi,

-Mike

Don't worry, Mike! Keep the good work.

I'm at work now, night shaft... :(
  • edited April 2012
    Tails89 wrote: »
    The Walking Dead: Episode 6 - The Undead Community
    Featuring the largest zombie hoard ever; EVERY member who posted on this thread!
    Finish your adventure as Lee Everett as you try to survive the endless torment of angry undead gamers, each based of a real TellTale Games customer! Chop of the limbs of your favourite members, make split second decision between following Crofael or Mike to safety, but don't get caught up in the hoard of refund-hunting walkers!
    Coming soon! (ETA 2014 with any luck)

Lol! That would be a very funny edition. To save on time and money, it could be a 2D side-scroller. But forget following someone to safety - mindless zombie chopping is best done in a single room.
  • edited April 2012
    samuelk wrote: »
    I'd say that it IS lateIt isn't though., since the game is available on the PC right now for people who didn't buy directly.That doesn't make it late. What makes it late is if it doesn't come out on the release date. They still got some time before that. I can't say I've seen a situation where a developer can't release their own game through their own website while it's available to everyone else.Neither can I actually, something has gone wrong somewhere. The developer gets more money from direct sales rather than through Steam or even console "marketplaces".

It's obvious there's something wrong that's preventing them from releasing the game to people who paid them directly. I'd say that qualifies as "late". I qualify as after 11:59 P.M. PDT as late, after that... I'll be leading a march of death, we got flamethrowers. Who will join me?

In the end, it's a game, not desperately needed donor organ. No one will die if it's late.Exactly, even if it does become late, why does it matter?

Well I'm glad you are rational. God knows what happened, but I'm still sticking with "Not late until 11:59 PDT". After that... then they failed, but still. Its part 1 of a video game.
  • edited April 2012
    If TTG learns anything from this it is that communicating with the community is key to success
  • edited April 2012

Irate Customer: OMG!! where's my @!#!@!$ game!!! I've been waiting 10 minutes!!! ARG, I'm going to murder someone if I don't get it NOW!!!!

10 minutes?? Even your "kinda funny" story is in La La Land.
  • edited April 2012
    Hi,

-Mike

:) can't wait, get it up and running! Also, are we going to have to go through the same wait for the other episodes?
  • edited April 2012

Yes! this is exactly how i feel
  • edited April 2012
    Bit of a shame though. It's a public holiday here in Australia, and I was looking forward to it.

Oh well, guess I have the consolation prize of being able to go to the movies and watch The Avengers today.
  • edited April 2012
    Jedward wrote: »
    Yes, I actually do. Legal contracts aside, It's reasonable to assume I'd actually get to play it on the 24th. Even the programmer knows it's a clusterf**k launch... so why don't you?

I never said it wasn't. Telltale did F-up here, I am not denying that. I am saying that it isn't late yet. 'tis all.
  • edited April 2012
    Jason6 wrote: »
    10 minutes?? Even your "kinda funny" story is in La La Land.

yeah, but people we're already going nuts 10 minutes after the steam build launched so it's technically accurate :P
  • edited April 2012
    I appreciate that they are working hard to find this last minute issue before giving it to us. Waiting is nothing compared to a receiving broken product.

After all this... I expect it to STILL be receiving a broken product.
  • edited April 2012
    First time TellTale buyer and I have to say, I'm perfectly fine waiting. I get why people are so bent out of shape waiting for this but I mean, its a game. You can live without it for a bit, people did for thousands of years. They'll get it to you when they can. None of us know exactly what went wrong so we certainly cannot judge or anything. If you're angry, fine be angry. But don't talk bad about the company, they are working their a**** off to get this to all of us.
This discussion has been closed.