Steam Walking Dead Out, TELLTALE version OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Oh well with that news I'm off to soak. My hands and feet are blistered from all the work I've done the last couple days. I'll check back in later. Good luck on fixing the issues Mike and Co.
  • edited April 2012
    Jason6 wrote: »
    After all this... I expect it to STILL be receiving a broken product.
    Then may your expectations not be met.:)
  • edited April 2012
    Then may your expectations not be met.:)

Thanks Yoda.
  • edited April 2012
    Hopefully this will work out the bugs in releasing episode 1 of this game and successive episodes will go smoother. Those of us who work in software or related tech fields have a lot of sympathy. I am sure that we will love the game when we get it, and glad you guys are all over this. Not knowing can be frustrating, I get that, but I'm in the "it's just a game" school of thought and I know it's going to be awesome when it is delivered. We're with you.
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks Yoda.
    Hey! *force throw* Watch it, Bub!
  • edited April 2012
    kingcoal41 wrote: »
    :) can't wait, get it up and running! Also, are we going to have to go through the same wait for the other episodes?

If it's a server issue, then once that's fixed, then the rest should be smooth. Assuming of course that there aren't any more completely unavoidable problems.
  • edited April 2012
    This is my first time dealing with Telltale, and I have to say that this is just a reminder to me that s**t happens!! I don't mind waiting a few days because something threw a wrench in your gears, but don't get me wrong, I can't wait to play it!! Hang in there guys
  • edited April 2012
    I don't have a problem waiting... But it'll be interesting to see if they give us anything in return.
  • edited April 2012
    magic88889 wrote: »
    If it's a server issue, then once that's fixed, then the rest should be smooth. Assuming of course that there aren't any more completely unavoidable problems.

If that happens... Well I have my machete ready, who's joining me?
  • edited April 2012
    S*** happens, we all know that.

That said, a release date in most other media formats usually means a midnight release. Even theaters do that for the big things. Fine print aside, consumers expect things to be given when they ask for them. This is not unreasonable at all. Being rude or disrespectful, no matter where you are, won't get things solved any faster and might even slow things down. If I'm in a store and get irate, it won't make things better.

I think we're being polite, respectful, and patient by and large. For those of you who cite the fine print as an excuse for this are entitled to your opinion, and I applaud you for your patience, but everyone has a right to feel frustrated. With this much advance planning in effect, it seems silly to stumble and trip at the finish line.

That said, none of this will matter once the game comes out. This thread will go quiet, people will play, and life (or the undead) will go on.

OR... they can make us all zombies. I vote for that.
  • edited April 2012
    This forum totally feels like ForumWarz now...

Mike, as always you are a great community manager! Thanks for the update. I think people have been spending more time complaining about the issues then will actually play the game (it is only 2 hours people).

Goodnight and can't wait to play when I can. Never gone wrong with Telltale games.
  • edited April 2012
    They should give everyone who preordered a copy of Puzzle Agent!

I'm collecting them. I have I think 5 now...
  • edited April 2012
    Pak-Man wrote: »

I got about 3 copies of Ice Station Santa last I checked.
  • edited April 2012
    gaddorm wrote: »
    I don't have a problem waiting... But it'll be interesting to see if they give us anything in return.

LOL. Whhoooo man thanks. needed that laugh.
    But seriously I am sure theyll give you a really cool, free avatar so you can really stand out on the forums. :)
  • edited April 2012

Aww, I only have 4. Trade you an Ice Station Santa!!!
  • edited April 2012
    Wow. I get back from work and the game still is not up? Where is that refund bandwagon? I want to jump on, get my money back and order through PSN.
  • edited April 2012
    You guys realize, of course, that once the issues is fixed, and the release is made available, that the mongrel horde will descend upon the download like a pack of ravenous wolves, bringing the server to its metaphorical knees* and slowing the download the early 1990's 300-Baud modem speeds. You'll get the game faster if you call up Telltale's office receptionist on the phone and ask him to read the ones and zeroes to you.

*Unless it's a Dell Poweredge server, in which case the knees aren't metaphorical. Poweredge servers actually do have knees.
  • edited April 2012

I've got two copies of Puzzle Agent 2!
  • edited April 2012

lol, I have two still. Guess I'm a bit behind!
    ted12 wrote: »
    Aww, I only have 4. Trade you an Ice Station Santa!!!

Surprisingly, I have no extras of ISS!
  • edited April 2012
    samuelk wrote: »
    You guys realize, of course, that once the issues is fixed, and the release is made available, that the mongrel horde will descend upon the download like a pack of ravenous wolves, bringing the server to its metaphorical knees* and slowing the download the early 1990's 300-Baud modem speeds. You'll get the game faster if you call up Telltale's office receptionist on the phone and ask him to read the ones and zeroes to you.

*Unless it's a Dell Poweredge server, in which case the knees aren't metaphorical. Poweredge servers actually do have knees.

Um...Ill take that....seeing as it means I am ...you know.....at least downloading the game I paid for.
  • edited April 2012
    <snip>You'll get the game faster if you call up Telltale's office receptionist on the phone and ask him to read the ones and zeroes to you.<snip>
    LOL'd
  • edited April 2012

nice work
  • edited April 2012
    Wow. I get back from work and the game still is not up? Where is that refund bandwagon? I want to jump on, get my money back and order through PSN.

I preordered with the Everything Else package. I played all those games.

I'll be contacting my bank to do a chargeback for breach for the full price.
  • edited April 2012
    Good job. That will scare their servers into working!
  • edited April 2012
    LOL. Whhoooo man thanks. needed that laugh.
    But seriously I am sure theyll give you a really cool, free avatar so you can really stand out on the forums. :)

Dude, I don't know about you, but regardless of my post count, I've been a member here and bought games from them since 2006. This company does take care of its customers, I wouldn't shrug off the idea so easily.
  • edited April 2012
    I have no problem waiting. I drove me insane last year with Back to the Future since my PC at that time couldn't even come close to running that, I had to get the PSN version and then when PSN went down for 2 months thanks to our good buddies at ANON (I hate those guys,hope they all choke and die) while everyone else got to play Episodes 3 and 4 I had to wait trying not to watch other people's playthroughs was maddening. Hoping that won't be the case here since I now got a gaming quality PC, and can finally play the games as intended.
  • edited April 2012
    I love how their own website is telling us about all the rave reviews the game has gotten so far today...low blow
  • edited April 2012
    z0mKi wrote: »
    I've learned my lesson. Next time I'll just download the cracked file.

What's that? you want to have your game revoked and yourself banned from the forums? I'm sure someone can oblige.
  • edited April 2012
    Geaux wrote: »
    This is my first time dealing with Telltale, and I have to say that this is just a reminder to me that s**t happens!! I don't mind waiting a few days because something threw a wrench in your gears, but don't get me wrong, I can't wait to play it!! Hang in there guys

You are right. And when a deadline is coming up is usually when the shit that's gonna happen does end up happening. I'm glad they are trying to fix this rather than what some devs have done in the past. Shove broken and unfinished shit out the door just to meet a deadline. That being said; Steam keys for all of us involved in the suffering would still be nice though... :D
  • edited April 2012
    they should put all of us as zombies in an episode for the delay for telltale clients ! there ....
  • edited April 2012
    If a potato has sex with a tomato what does that make it?
    A pomato............. :)

I want some walking dead :,(
    lol
  • edited April 2012
    For those that didn't read it (lazy people)
    Mike wrote: »
    Hi,

We definitely apologize for delay on this. We ran into a server issue that only affected our build and had to make the tough decision to delay the release of our build until that issue was resolved. We're not going anywhere, though, and everybody is working really hard to get it fixed and get the game out to you ASAP. I'll post another update as soon as I have more information, but please know that we're working on it.

Thank you so much for your patience.

-Mike
  • edited April 2012
    Where's my braaaaaaiiiinss?
  • edited April 2012
    Jedward wrote: »
    I preordered with the Everything Else package. I played all those games.

I'll be contacting my bank to do a chargeback for breach for the full price.

Every post you've made is a variation on the same theme - just do it already.

However, I feel it's quite suspect to request a full chargeback on something that you've just admitted utilizing already.
  • edited April 2012
    So how do i get my refund? I just bought and downloaded the game on PSN.
  • edited April 2012

nah....but thanks for paying twice :D
  • edited April 2012
    Mike wrote: »
    Hi,

We definitely apologize for delay on this. We ran into a server issue that only affected our build and had to make the tough decision to delay the release of our build until that issue was resolved. We're not going anywhere, though, and everybody is working really hard to get it fixed and get the game out to you ASAP. I'll post another update as soon as I have more information, but please know that we're working on it.

Thank you so much for your patience.

-Mike
  • edited April 2012
    Hey everyone! It's out!

The new Nintendo Power is out!

I think I'll read it while I wait. :^)
  • edited April 2012
    PaiSand wrote: »

doesn't matter - bad publicity = compensation !
  • edited April 2012

damn you and your nasty biscuits!
This discussion has been closed.