Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Batman

Comments

• I got that first death 3 times due to all the lag on PC.

dojo32161 posted: »

Damien Fate

• edited August 2016

Okay I got a lot, get ready.

A) The color you chose for the Bat tech determines the following :

1) The glow he has for his eyes.

2) The way people and objects are colored in detective mode.

3)The Batcave computer's glow.

4) The Grappling claws color.

5) The drones color.

6) The finishing move prompt color.

7) The light showing you where the bullet is located when you extract it out of the cops skull.

B ) In the scene Alfred shows you Oswald's criminal record you can see he was arrested by the "Essex Police Department". Essex is an area in south England near London. This is where he gets his accent.

C) If read 'Lieutenant' Gordon's profile you will see he has a daughter named Barbara. This is a reference and possible foreshadowing to the appearance of Barbara Gordon know as the first Batgirl and later Oracle after the incident with the Joker during the (Very) Graphic Novel 'The Killing Joke'.

D) If Bruce apologyses for hitting her, Selina (Catwoman) will admit to being victim of abuse by men before.

E) If Bruce doesn't chose a slogan for Harvey he'll reluctantly stick with 'Vote for Harvey Dent'.

F) Right before entering the park you will see a newspaper. If you look at it the front page will determinantly say that Bruce Wayne was seen shaking hands with Falcone leading to suspicion or that Bruce humiliated him.

G) If you tell Falcone that Harvey is an honest man and he is in the room, he'll remember it.

H) If you did not shake Falcone's hand and Invited Harvey to stay at the meeting, the second press interviewer will mention it and say that you are BOTH under public investigation.

I) Despite several rumors among criminals and threats by Batman himself, it is very clear he goes out of his way to avoid killing :

1) He decides to drag the first robber inside the building and tie him up instead of throwing him off the ledge.

2) As mentioned above he pushes another away from a buzz saw attack that would most likely be fatal.

3) He constantly gives criminals the choice to surrender (And determinantly can say it even more times), using violence only when necessary.

4) Despite having several explosives available to easily kill Falcone and all his men, he uses them as a last resort.

5) Even at his most violent he choses to impale Falcone rather than throw him off the building.

• I'm curious. Is this game based on a comic or nah? If so please tell me.

• edited August 2016

The first episode is based or at least inspired by some elements of Batman Year One and Batman Year Two which detail Batman's war on the mob and the origin of many of his villains. But the story itself is 100% original.

Killah posted: »

I'm curious. Is this game based on a comic or nah? If so please tell me.

• Alright. Thanks for the info.

Lord_EAA posted: »

The first episode is based or at least inspired by some elements of Batman Year One and Batman Year Two which detail Batman's war on the mob and the origin of many of his villains. But the story itself is 100% original.

• edited August 2016

Also,

A) If you tell Vicky Vale she can stay but to keep things off record, Harvey will nod slightly in agreement.

B ) When you enter the ballroom you can see both Mr. and Mrs Zellerback talking to other guests.

C) The bat icon during combat symbolizes the strength of your finishing blow. If its not full enough by the end of combat you will be unble to do it and instantly killed.

• edited August 2016

C) The bat icon during combat symbolizes the strength of your finishing blow. If its not full enough by the end of combat you will be unble to do it and instantly killed.

I've yet to see that happening.

I only click 1 time out of various total number of moves per battle.
    Yet I can still do the "finishing blow" mostly but when he doesn't it still does not kill him only get knocked down. :)

If you miss all the moves, than u get killed, that's for certain.

Also, A) If you tell Vicky Vale she can stay but to keep things off record, Harvey will nod slightly in agreement. B ) When you enter

• Really? It's not supposed to work like that. Granted I only saw one guy failed and that was because he wanted to prove you didn't need to press any of them, which he had to admit he was wrong about. Maybe it's something else they need to patch? Oh, well I hope it didn't take away from your experience.

BTW: You reply appeared as three comments in my feed. How did that happen? 80

Vold posted: »

C) The bat icon during combat symbolizes the strength of your finishing blow. If its not full enough by the end of combat you will be unble

• I only see one reply:)

No worries about the gameplay, not ur fault.

It's ok, wanted to see how much can be done without clicking, so now i know.

Just need to click that last move and ur fine. Miss it and ur 2/3 times dead.

Really? It's not supposed to work like that. Granted I only saw one guy failed and that was because he wanted to prove you didn't need to pr

• He does say it during the intro, I cant remember what I said or did to get it though.

Is there a dialogue option that makes Alfred say "there is room in that suit for Bruce and Batman"? I remember hearing him say that in the trailer, but I wasn't able to hear it in my playthrough.

• For those who don't know, Richard McGonagle (voice of Carmine Falcone) and Troy Baker (Voice of Bruce Wayne) were also voices for Victor "Goddamn" Sullivan and Sam Drake from Uncharted.

Hearing them speak as Falcone and Bruce inside the manor just makes me imagine those two characters. Even Falcone says lines that remind me of Sully with his use of the word "Goddamn" and calling Bruce/Batman "kid"

• I think Jack Ryder may have miscounted during his first report in the episode. He mentions five criminals were arrested at City Hall, but I counted six.
    Unless one of them got away or wasn't found by the GCPD, I'd say that's another minor error.

• I always thought Archer was based off of Bruce Wayne/007 hybrid.

Clemenem posted: »

This is opinionated but does Bruce Wayne look like Archer to you?

• Despite not shaking Falcone's hand at the party, the news still shows the picture of you refusing while mentioning that you affiliate with mobsters.
    • Depending on your status with the police/media as Batman, he can either be considered as a "supposed hero" or a "monster" to Jack Ryder at the end of the episode.
  • I know this is off-topic, but all if someone replied to you and edited his comment, you'll see all his edits.

That's why you saw three replies. ;)

Really? It's not supposed to work like that. Granted I only saw one guy failed and that was because he wanted to prove you didn't need to pr

• Thanks man :).

Crips posted: »

I know this is off-topic, but all if someone replied to you and edited his comment, you'll see all his edits. That's why you saw three replies.

• During the final part of the game as Jack Ryder is doing his news segment about Bruce and his affiliation with mobsters, the subtitles are no where to be seen when the camera focuses on Jack, but every other shot has subtitles appear like normal. I think TT took a shortcut here and just zoomed in on the bat computer screen of Jack from earlier in the game. Subtitles are probably there, but the screen cuts them off. Not cool.

• edited August 2016

If you wait for a while in the batcave at the beginning of the episode, Jack Ryder mentions "random stabbings" occurring on Gotham's SkyTrains, escaped criminals from Arkham Asylum (some Muldoon guy...) and then goes on to an advertisement supporting Harvey Dent. Here, you can finally hear the slogan you gave for his campaign...

• They obviously share some physical characteristics, but even the suit Bruce wears is really close to Archer's default suit. IMO, the art style of the game just looks like Archer in 3D.

I've actually thought up a few Batman/Archer crossover edits to make, but before I do I'll need seasons 2-4 on disc (I only have 1, 5 and 6)

Clemenem posted: »

This is opinionated but does Bruce Wayne look like Archer to you?

• maybe he wasn't found indeed, and he's still hanging on the line and no one remember about him [*]

I think Jack Ryder may have miscounted during his first report in the episode. He mentions five criminals were arrested at City Hall, but I counted six. Unless one of them got away or wasn't found by the GCPD, I'd say that's another minor error.

• "Random stabbings"... Victor Zsasz, maybe?

AChicken posted: »

If you wait for a while in the batcave at the beginning of the episode, Jack Ryder mentions "random stabbings" occurring on Gotham's SkyTrai

• some Muldoon guy...

Actually it was the Muldoon twins I believe.

enter image description here

If you wait for a while in the batcave at the beginning of the episode, Jack Ryder mentions "random stabbings" occurring on Gotham's SkyTrai

• Maybe it was the guy with the glass orange eye, he had a different costume than the others, meaning he must have some importance. But maybe its some kind of error, though that would be disappointing to be honest.

MrEggplant posted: »

maybe he wasn't found indeed, and he's still hanging on the line and no one remember about him [*]

• ... I didn't even realise you could walk down the stairs and explore the rest of the Batcave. Talk about details people don't notice.

some Muldoon guy... Actually it was the Muldoon twins I believe.

• Huh, I thought everyone knew you could do that.

hemfbg posted: »

... I didn't even realise you could walk down the stairs and explore the rest of the Batcave. Talk about details people don't notice.

• Hah, everybody but me.

Huh, I thought everyone knew you could do that.

• edited August 2016

I noticed some nice kinda foreshadowing during the conversation with Cobblepot. When he begins talking about Falcone he puts the flask on the statue then pushes it off and says "It'd be a pleasure to watch him hit pavement."

It literally tells us what Could happen to Falcone at the end of the episode if Batman wanted to be more like Cobblepot(He had the opportunity to do it), I'm pretty sure that the fact you don't is gonna be one of the reasons that Cobblepot turns against you. I feel like Cobblepot is gonna end up cough cough recreating... that scene but with a different ending

Edit: Realized I worded this totally wrong so I made... a lot of edits.

• never noticed

AgentZ46 posted: »

Pretty minor but if you listen to the news in the Batcave you hear the slogan that you recommend to Harvey.

• wow she's pretty but the cartoon version is so ugly to me idk y

javoris767 posted: »

Didn't know where else to put this.. but it might just be me. Catwoman looks like Leslie Thompkins from the Gotham TV show.

• or me

hemfbg posted: »

Hah, everybody but me.

• Ok, my bad. I'm intrigued to see if some of these news reports could be foreshadowing future events or meet-ups in the series. Particularly the first report about a chemical factory on fire in Otisville(?) which seems to coincide with what is shown in the episode 5 slide...

some Muldoon guy... Actually it was the Muldoon twins I believe.

• What do you mean? Brutalising Falcone doesn't make Batman drop him, he impales Falcone on some rubble.

ItsMatty24 posted: »

I noticed some nice kinda foreshadowing during the conversation with Cobblepot. When he begins talking about Falcone he puts the flask on th

• I didn't.

• Maybe it's just because ever since GOT episode 2 I've become paranoid of missing stairs.

I didn't.

• If you stay quiet after Falcone talks about your father in the parlor, he says: "Let that sink in..."
    • Harvey gives you grief if you don't mention him enough while talking to the Zellerbachs. "You could have at least mentioned my name or your support. This is my campaign..." [just paraphrasing here].
  • edited August 2016

You know, I thought about going that direction, but then I thought that I would be forced back towards the computer to focus on the task at hand.

• I am ten days late, but could you explain what you mean? I don't remember any missable flight of stairs in Game Of Thrones. I probably missed them.

Maybe it's just because ever since GOT episode 2 I've become paranoid of missing stairs.

• Harvey gives you grief if you don't mention him enough while talking to the Zellerbachs. "You could have at least mentioned my name or your support. This is my campaign..." [just paraphrasing here].

That's pretty neat!

* If you stay quiet after Falcone talks about your father in the parlor, he says: "Let that sink in..." * Harvey gives you grief if you don

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2016

When you're Gared at the Wall you have to train at 3 things (weight, crossbow and swords), during this time it's a hub so you can climb the stairs to talk to Frost Finger, ring a bell and optionally talk to the guy you may or may not have sent to the Wall as Ethan in the previous episode.

I am ten days late, but could you explain what you mean? I don't remember any missable flight of stairs in Game Of Thrones. I probably missed them.

• So in order to let Catwoman get away with the loot, you have to not do the finishing move on her. If you do Batman picks up some orange thing and throws it to the wall with a Batarang. This doesn't happen if the finishing move is done (pretty sure it doesn't).

The drive is always taken though.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.