Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Batman

Comments

• The choice to keep Lucius at Wayne Industries is similar to a choice in the original Deus Ex (2000). Scientist Jaime Reyes can stay behind as a mole at UNATCO, or join JC Denton and the resistance movement.

• Nice observation. I think it's a bit selfish of Bruce to "use" Lucius as his mode within WE, I made the choice to keep him there but I'm not sure if this is the right one.
    Upon reflection I should have protected him even though it could mean the CoA could have discovered the R&D wing and therefore made the connection between Bruce and Batman.

ClemRanger posted: »

The choice to keep Lucius at Wayne Industries is similar to a choice in the original Deus Ex (2000). Scientist Jaime Reyes can stay behind as a mole at UNATCO, or join JC Denton and the resistance movement.

• I didn't know Blue Beetle was in Deus Ex XD.

I am kinda wondering how that choice will effect things going forward. I think it's smart to have someone in Wayne Enterprises to keep an eye on Penguin and whatever the Children of Arkham might want there, but I hope we don't put Lucius in great danger by putting him in that position.

It also sounds like we might have a gadget issue in the future that could have been solved by having Lucius come with us.

The choice to keep Lucius at Wayne Industries is similar to a choice in the original Deus Ex (2000). Scientist Jaime Reyes can stay behind as a mole at UNATCO, or join JC Denton and the resistance movement.

• Like you I'm not sure how this going to play out, clearly this is very risky to have Lucius at Wayne Entreprises but the alternative is not less shilling : imagine if the CoA had access to Batman's tech !

In my mind it was clear I needed someone on the inside to feed me intel about how the new management and CEO are doing.

This is going to be a very important choice no doubt as it appears in the list of choices you made.

Frontier246 posted: »

I didn't know Blue Beetle was in Deus Ex XD. I am kinda wondering how that choice will effect things going forward. I think it's smart to

• kessjrausekessjrause Former Telltale Staff

Good catch! Also, to open the door, he switches the dark knight (Bruce) with the king (Thomas Wayne).

The chess piece that Bruce removes from the chess board to stop the secret mechanism from working is a dark knight.

• If you beat up Harvey but dont do your finishing blow, Bruce gets smacked hard by Harvey, and Selina hits him against the fridge. Bruce then gets up like this

enter image description here

• Can you believe this fuckin' guy?

Seriously this deserves a caption contest

Poogers555 posted: »

If you beat up Harvey but dont do your finishing blow, Bruce gets smacked hard by Harvey, and Selina hits him against the fridge. Bruce then gets up like this

• edited October 2016

I kept Lucius at Wayne Enterprises, but I have a strong feeling something really bad is going to happen because of it. Once Penguin finds out about something super secret about Bruce, he'll go after Lucius, and then threaten to kill him if Bruce doesn't give him what he wants. And I am going to hate myself for choosing it, because I realized that possibility not one second after I chose to keep Lucius as a mole. NO! Lucius!

Nice observation. I think it's a bit selfish of Bruce to "use" Lucius as his mode within WE, I made the choice to keep him there but I'm not

• Yup i noticed that too.
    :)

Looking forward to both results.
    U get an Aug or upg Mod if the doc stays iirc
    But here they say no new stuff if he stays.
    :)

• Unfortunately I think you are right. Tough choice but someone has to keep an eye on the new management and most importantly on the R&D wing. An ally of Batman will have to save him then.

AChicken posted: »

I kept Lucius at Wayne Enterprises, but I have a strong feeling something really bad is going to happen because of it. Once Penguin finds ou

• edited November 2016

He does act different if you watch the two versions back to back. Harvey is much harsher when he's scarred.

But like everyone above said, he already had mental health issues. Plus it's exacerbated by the after-effects of the drug he was injected with, which was also mentioned in the game. Add all the stress from being the new mayor under horrible circumstances and PTSD from the debate and there's a perfect mix for Two-Face to appear.

Menofthe214 posted: »

I have a question, why does Harvey act like Two-Face regardless even when you choose to save him over Selina.

• I hate to pull this card, but this is one of those things where if there's going to be a consequence like that, it'll happen no matter what. Even if it happens to not be Lucius, someone else will be on the firing line in his place if they plan to have a scene like that.

I kept Lucius at Wayne Enterprises, but I have a strong feeling something really bad is going to happen because of it. Once Penguin finds ou

• edited November 2016

[removed]

• Sadly that seems inevitable.

Rynna posted: »

I hate to pull this card, but this is one of those things where if there's going to be a consequence like that, it'll happen no matter what.

• edited November 2016

Yeah, what makes it worse is that I know it'll be Lucius when it happens and it'll be all my fault.

Rynna posted: »

I hate to pull this card, but this is one of those things where if there's going to be a consequence like that, it'll happen no matter what.

• So something kinda interesting about episode 4's title and achievements.

The episode itself is called "Guardian of Gotham." Now you may think that would be referring to Batman, but Guardian of Gotham is actually a name of a 1999 adaption of Catwoman, who basically has the roles of Bruce and Selina swapped, where Selina is Martha and Thomas Kyle's daughter. Anyway, its kinda interesting that it just so happens that episode 4 Bruce seems to be locked up in Arkham and there is currently no Batman. Maybe Selina will have a much larger role involving Gotham in episode 4. Also a quick side note to which I think it may not just be some coincidence that the episode is named the same, but episode 4 has another achievement named after a Batman graphic novel, "A Sirius House" or fully Akrham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth. Anyway, its kinda strange that both would be named after some past Batman comic name at the same time where they could parallel the game, Catwoman roaming Gotham and Bruce in Arkham.

• I asked him to come work for Batman. I felt like he would be safer if away from the Penguin. Then I also asked Selina to move in. I guess I'm just going to gather everyone I care about and send them to the mansion. Yeah, sounds like a plan.

Nice observation. I think it's a bit selfish of Bruce to "use" Lucius as his mode within WE, I made the choice to keep him there but I'm not

• This is also my plan. I fully anticipate the Manor morphing into a Batzord at the end, and I need my crew.

Abeille posted: »

I asked him to come work for Batman. I felt like he would be safer if away from the Penguin. Then I also asked Selina to move in. I guess I'm just going to gather everyone I care about and send them to the mansion. Yeah, sounds like a plan.

• Let's go full TFTB episode 5!

Dozurany posted: »

This is also my plan. I fully anticipate the Manor morphing into a Batzord at the end, and I need my crew.

• That's some fine work there, Lou! You'll make sergeant for this

• Yes! But wait a minute. Should we ever go full TFTB?

dojo32161 posted: »

Let's go full TFTB episode 5!

• I haven't tried it yet, but if you let Two-Face hit and punch you, does he actually kill Bruce?

• I dont think so, pretty sure if you miss a qte it will have it so you get punched, but then Selina will follow up for you.

I haven't tried it yet, but if you let Two-Face hit and punch you, does he actually kill Bruce?

• edited November 2016

Holy **** about Guardian of Gotham, I did not know that.
    It also dovetails with the first achievement called "price of admission".....Could refer to Catwoman too.

• Not sure about the first one linking to Catwoman, I think that one is probably more basic "ayy welcome to Arkham."

Holy **** about Guardian of Gotham, I did not know that. It also dovetails with the first achievement called "price of admission".....Could refer to Catwoman too.

• Ah yeah that could be that as well, though I wonder if there is a "price" to be admitted in Arkham. In my mind price of admission refers to some sort of oath to join a group hence why my mind veered towards Catwoman.

I dearly hope you are right in regards to Guardian of Gotham, controlling Catwoman would be awesome.

Not sure about the first one linking to Catwoman, I think that one is probably more basic "ayy welcome to Arkham."

• I dont think we will play as Selina though, her character is becoming pretty defined, and its kinda late to introduce playing as Selina. I do think Selina will have a extremely big role this episode though.

Ah yeah that could be that as well, though I wonder if there is a "price" to be admitted in Arkham. In my mind price of admission refers to

• If you punch Oz in the final scene he will have a black eye. He will tell you that he didn't wanted to cover it up and you can answer "This look suits you".
    I think it was a nod to the penguin classic appearance always wearing a monocle

• I don't think Telltale will make her playable either. Wonder what role she will play though, any ideas ?

Will she stay to help ? If you remember we can offer her to stay at the manor at least until this whole thing blows over but I'm not sure she wants to.

I dont think we will play as Selina though, her character is becoming pretty defined, and its kinda late to introduce playing as Selina. I do think Selina will have a extremely big role this episode though.

• You can actually punch Oz in the final scene? I was being all neutral and passive so the option didn't appear.

Lupotto88 posted: »

If you punch Oz in the final scene he will have a black eye. He will tell you that he didn't wanted to cover it up and you can answer "This look suits you". I think it was a nod to the penguin classic appearance always wearing a monocle

• That would honestly be awesome to have the full Batman team assembled there. I mean the official Ep.4 description is not exactly subtle in regards to alliances, with the term "forging" appearing.

Clearly Batman will need to draw a line in the sand.

Abeille posted: »

I asked him to come work for Batman. I felt like he would be safer if away from the Penguin. Then I also asked Selina to move in. I guess I'm just going to gather everyone I care about and send them to the mansion. Yeah, sounds like a plan.

• No, you can punch him at Wayne Enterprises and will appear with a black eye in the final scene.

You can actually punch Oz in the final scene? I was being all neutral and passive so the option didn't appear.

• Oh yeah, I remember that option now.

Btw, did read the telegram or did you start telling everyone about how Oz is involved with the children and etc?

AgentZ46 posted: »

No, you can punch him at Wayne Enterprises and will appear with a black eye in the final scene.

• I read it. Seemed the smart thing to do at the time.

Oh yeah, I remember that option now. Btw, did read the telegram or did you start telling everyone about how Oz is involved with the children and etc?

• Uh, yeah, that game was amazing.

Dozurany posted: »

Yes! But wait a minute. Should we ever go full TFTB?

• Wayne Manor better get some nice gams next episode then!

Uh, yeah, that game was amazing.

• I was like:

PR stunts!

This is against my will!

Oz is a terrorist!

Im not crazy!

Oh yeah, I remember that option now. Btw, did read the telegram or did you start telling everyone about how Oz is involved with the children and etc?

• I read it too. I also didn't punch Oz at Wayne Enterprises. The opposite of those two choices would give Oz and the Children of Arkham hints that Bruce Wayne is Batman. So I chose to antagonize Cobblepot.

I read it. Seemed the smart thing to do at the time.

• I also exposed Oswald, and mentioned it was merely a PR stunt. I simply couldn't lie down.

I was like: PR stunts! This is against my will! Oz is a terrorist! Im not crazy!

• I thought so too. I would have sounded desparate and mad if I did otherwise.

I read it. Seemed the smart thing to do at the time.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.