The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - Spoiler-friendly AMA

Comments

• YES

Alyssa_TTG posted: »

Thanks for this feedback. I can't promise, but I can say that I'll make sure this request is part of the conversation for next time around

• When you say Orchard, are you sure you don't mean River? I recall Clint saying he found David slowly murdering an orchard on the Shenandoah river. :p

I know you probably can't say anything regarding this, but I and many others really hope Joan/Clint weren't completely forgotten by you guys

• edited June 2017

Oooohhhhh.... Hmmmmm.... Can teenagers apply?

And yes, as a matter of fact we are hiring writers https://telltale.com/jobs/

• Woah! That's awesome! I wish we could've learned in-game, though...

Joan was a divorced single mother, a driven child of immigrants, who worked her way up to COO of her furniture manufacturing company, runnin

• was originally designed as Joan's daughter in an early version of the story.

Ooohhh my god. May I ask where in development that that idea was scrapped? Was it in between episode 3 and 4, or before then? You said early version so I'm gonna guess before then...

Elle is tricky. Her character changed enough in development that her original backstory no longer makes sense. I can tell you that she i

• edited June 2017

Thanks for the answer, I know I enjoyed all of the episodes. :)

All of them, really. It's fun, and it's also hard, but ultimately, the best day is the day an episode hits the street and we can see how people react to it, and learn from that.

• Ye boi, that Asher grin is everything.

enter image description here

Jumping in to say ASHER IS LIFE!!!!!! ASHER IS EVERYTHING!!!!!

• Same here. I always hated the "Eleanor works with TNF and is Joan's daughter" thing.

Conrad??? Why him???

DabigRG posted: »

(some of you guessed this) was originally designed as Joan's daughter in an early version of the story. In the shipping version, though, the

• I hope 3 new episodes dlc with him as protagonist.
    I like playinh him.

TrashJesus posted: »

the future of the Richmond folks will develop based on the starting point that the player created in this season Oh damn, Javier is making a comeback.

• edited June 2017

Ava is 162 cm. Not dwarfish at all!
    I am the same. I am sure millions of American women are the same.

DabigRG posted: »

I know I've already asked somethings, but this just came to mind: Was there any particular reason Ava was designed to be dwarfish? I was ori

• Praying Christa comebacks...would be a huge cheer up for me°^°

I know you guys can't outright say it, but is there a chance that unknown characters from Season 1 and 2 can make a return in future install

• I just wonder about Kate's backstory.
    Like her job and how did she meet David.

• Can you please tell us about Kate too? Like her job or how she met David?

Elle is tricky. Her character changed enough in development that her original backstory no longer makes sense. I can tell you that she i

• Please... if he comes back then give us an actual 50/50 split. You pulled it off perfectly with Tales, so I know you’re able to do it.

TrashJesus posted: »

the future of the Richmond folks will develop based on the starting point that the player created in this season Oh damn, Javier is making a comeback.

• Let's hope.

Please... if he comes back then give us an actual 50/50 split. You pulled it off perfectly with Tales, so I know you’re able to do it.

• Thank you for answering my questions, Miss Alyssa!

Seeing Mari as a zombie would have been heartbreaking indeed. I just imagined the scene and teared up. I wish we had more time with her. :(

Have a nice day! :heart:

Was Mariana always supposed to die? Or did you have plans for her character? Mariana died in different ways over the course of rewri

• I'm late but why couldn't it be a happy ending David with Kate and Javier with Eleanor better than Javier dating his brother wife

Dammit

Adam just learned the powers of hashtags. WOWTHISISCOOL

• "No one'a above the law"

4.2 Please use accents like large letters, highlighted text, all caps, pictures, animated gifs, emoticons etc. sparingly. You're welcome, Blind.

• I see, honestly it looks great for the environments but the characters faces are always shiny, why is that?

Do you think you guys will ever consider going back to season1/2 graphics style? If updated, I really think it would look amazing. The style

• It's probably too late already, but I'd like to know if David had war-related PTSD. Also, what was the cause of Lingard's addiction?

• [removed]

• Too bad I don't measure in cm, so I'll have to convert it into ft. But regardless, the Walking Dead Games have a habit having teenagers that look like they're twelve at the most. And while ANF somewhat modifies the models to reflect the ages better, they're still pretty short all things considered. So for Ava be roughly a head taller than Clementine(the 2nd shortest character in ANF) implies that either she's an older teenager herself or she's intentionally meant to be short.

Bonbon80 posted: »

Ava is 162 cm. Not dwarfish at all! I am the same. I am sure millions of American women are the same.

• It was pretty clear that Kate was done with David a long time ago. I dont think anything was going to salvage their marriage since Kate made up her mind. And depending on your choices Eleanor can feel the same towards Javi.

Justin22 posted: »

I'm late but why couldn't it be a happy ending David with Kate and Javier with Eleanor better than Javier dating his brother wife

• Because it'd further his status as "a better Kenny than Tripp" by giving him another parallel to the Garcias, capitalizing on a throwaway where he alludes to being a parent himself in a conversation about Gabe, as well as as adding a bit of dramatic irony that could come in handy for those who didn't shoot Conrad.

Fangirl101 posted: »

Same here. I always hated the "Eleanor works with TNF and is Joan's daughter" thing. Conrad??? Why him???

• How old are the characters in season 3? Also when does season 3 take place, like what month?

• dude you're getting far

Alright, I'll get on it lol.

• OMG THEY'RE SO AWSOME YOU'RE GREAT DUDE

Here are my g̶o̶o̶d̶ and n̶o̶t̶cringy pieces I did at 1am on 3 hours of sleep as per request lol

• AdamWritesVideoGamesAdamWritesVideoGames Former Telltale Staff

These are amazing! Oh, man, customizable Javi facial hair is the gift I never knew I wanted! Thank you for these! Awesome work!

Anyone else wonder what a clean-shaven Tripp might look like? Or is that just me?...

Here are my g̶o̶o̶d̶ and n̶o̶t̶cringy pieces I did at 1am on 3 hours of sleep as per request lol

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited June 2017

I can help you with that one (sort of) DLB posted this in the Details thread

enter image description here

These are amazing! Oh, man, customizable Javi facial hair is the gift I never knew I wanted! Thank you for these! Awesome work! Anyone else wonder what a clean-shaven Tripp might look like? Or is that just me?...

• Ninja'd.

dojo32161 posted: »

I can help you with that one (sort of) DLB posted this in the Details thread

• Alyssa_TTGAlyssa_TTG Former Telltale Staff

Love it!

Exactly.

AgentZ46 posted: »

When you say Orchard, are you sure you don't mean River? I recall Clint saying he found David slowly murdering an orchard on the Shenandoah river.

• How did Kate operate the bulldozer so well right away and even know the correct terminology, e.g. busket?

That change was made before we shipped Episode 1/2.

Acheive250 posted: »

was originally designed as Joan's daughter in an early version of the story. Ooohhh my god. May I ask where in development that that

• He'd be a beautiful mermaid.

Bonbon80 posted: »

Perhaps he'll return as a mermaid.

• Why does there need to be a build up? I liked the way it was done. There shouldn't have to be a big reveal if someone isn't straight.

Also I think if there were constant mentions of his sexuality throughout I'm sure people would complain about it "being shoved down their throat" and not necessary.

I don't have a problem with Javi being bi, but the "Javi is bi" thing came out of nowhere though. No build up, no nothing.

• edited June 2017

The whole season was about this love triangle between Kate, David and Javi and there were NO signs of him being bi whatsoever. Him being bi in the last 5 minutes of the game seems like it was just... randomly put in. I didn't say they should mention his sexuality constantly.

Shroomii posted: »

Why does there need to be a build up? I liked the way it was done. There shouldn't have to be a big reveal if someone isn't straight. Als

• Oh, so that scene in the trailer wasn't the last time Clem spoke to her parents? I would do anything to know what Clem's last words to her parents were...

Yes, though indoors and playable, not raccoon-based. The call would have been a little later in the timeline (but before the phone messages).

Well, one of the goals of that flashback was to give control over that exact thing to the player :)

Oh, so that scene in the trailer wasn't the last time Clem spoke to her parents? I would do anything to know what Clem's last words to her parents were...

This discussion has been closed.