The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - Spoiler-friendly AMA

1789101113»

Comments

• I don't know if this will be answered, but why did Clem's flashback from ANF episode 5 get cut from the game?

• Possibly, if so they could of had a flashback just before the helicopter scene.

bey108 posted: »

I don't know if this will be answered, but why did Clem's flashback from ANF episode 5 get cut from the game?

• What reason led the team to adopt the linear history method for ANF? Was the history of the Garcias so uninteresting to offer more points of exploitation?

• I had asked that question, and they said that the flashback (the one from S1 before she met Lee) was never planned for Episode 5. The flashbacks were just meant to show how her and Javi's story were connected and to get player input to determine Clem's character for Episode 5, so that's why there was no flashback for that episode.

bey108 posted: »

I don't know if this will be answered, but why did Clem's flashback from ANF episode 5 get cut from the game?

• Well, I got late but the header says

They may pop back in from time to answer more questions

so I'll try : D

First of all, thank you for one more unforgettable gaming experience! This was the best TWDG season so far, you improved how your game goes so much and made such a great progress with determinant characters and how our choices really matter! (I myself replayed Ep5 scene where Clem decides where to go THREE TIMES only to google it after all and find out that such things are not determined by some dialogue options right before the action anymore but by my choices since the very beginning of the game and it was mind blowing and amazing : D )

Also it was the first TWDG season where I didn't cry in the end because its main thought that we with our own hands playing as Javier could finally develop a real friend who didn't die for Clementine (and not even the only one, I also have Gabe alive, and even David) and that now she has a place to come back where her friends are waiting for her - it's what I literally wanted for her for a long time.

And I want to ask: is that moment in A Ties That Bind Part 2 when Jesus tells everyone that Richmond is taken by New Frontier and Clementine has sort of panic attack - is it something like a reference or easter egg (idk how to name it honestly) to Sarah? Because Clem acts absolutely similar to the way Sarah did in one moment in cabin in A House Divided. We haven't seen anyone tell Clementine what is it and how to handle it, and Sarah is the only source where she could see it and learn. How she tought Sarah to use a gun, the same she could learn and remember from her how to handle some mental health trouble. I feel like I'm the only one who noticed this (I haven't seen anyone talking about it) but when I pointed it out on my tumblr a lot of people agreed with me that it looks like that. So may you please tell us is it really some Sarah reference waiting for someone to notice it or is it really just a coincidence?

gifs of that scenes I've made -
    enter image description here enter image description here
    enter image description here enter image description here

• Shouldn't this thread be closed? The Telltale staff stopped answering questions a while ago and I don't think they'll be coming back.

• Eh, I think it's fine keeping open for the sake of interesting discussion around previous answers, plus we don't want to block off staff from returning if they wanted to potentially make more comments into the future. People bumping this with continual questions might not entirely help keep the discussion organized since the AMA has officially ended, but I don't think it's anything bad or worth closing the thread over for now.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Shouldn't this thread be closed? The Telltale staff stopped answering questions a while ago and I don't think they'll be coming back.

• Oh okay, that makes sense.

Eh, I think it's fine keeping open for the sake of interesting discussion around previous answers, plus we don't want to block off staff fro

• edited June 2017

Was there an original leader of The New Frontier or was it always supposed to be the group of 4 (Joan, David, Clint and Lingard)?

• Where was Joan during the time period where Clementine was a member? How did she get separate from the other three?

• How old is Gabe, David, Kate and Javier?

• edited July 2017

Gabe is 14, david i would say mid to late 30 javi i would say mid to late 20 (all we know javi is the little brother) and kate i would say round late 20 early 30 could be mid 30... Only gabes age is confirmed and that was in ep 5

Kryalis posted: »

How old is Gabe, David, Kate and Javier?

• Which is why I'm asking for their official ages to be confirmed by the staff.

ADSAM posted: »

Gabe is 14, david i would say mid to late 30 javi i would say mid to late 20 (all we know javi is the little brother) and kate i would say round late 20 early 30 could be mid 30... Only gabes age is confirmed and that was in ep 5

• Oh ok

Which is why I'm asking for their official ages to be confirmed by the staff.

• MrJavaMrJava Banned

David's team were probably scouting around. She is a politician so she just handles contact with other settlements.

DabigRG posted: »

Where was Joan during the time period where Clementine was a member? How did she get separate from the other three?

• Tripp aint likable.

Overall I enjoyed this season. Worth the full price buy. Feel free to answer any or all of these. I'd prefer all lol * I've heard that

• Btw, where in episode 5 does it confirm that Gabe is 14? I'd like to know that.

ADSAM posted: »

Oh ok

• edited July 2017

In the beginning, if you say "Back off, David." when David is scolding Gabe.

Btw, where in episode 5 does it confirm that Gabe is 14? I'd like to know that.

• Ah right, thanks :)

Fangirl101 posted: »

In the beginning, if you say "Back off, David." when David is scolding Gabe.

• edited July 2017

You're welcome! :)

Ah right, thanks

• edited July 2017

so uh,
    how does it feel knowing that your years of script writing effort were scrapped and you had to rush the script?
    the story was good though with a dynamic way of presenting the story, u guys shud've made the episodes 30 minutes or 1 hours longer. Within those times, you can make us more acquainted and attached to the characters

hoping for your wellbeing and overall development guys and learn from the things that let you down. An always positive mindset will always lead to positive results! Nice story btw

Edit: you made the choices matter even more
    EXCELLENT WORK!

This discussion has been closed.