Technically it's Nov. 1st

edited November 2006 in Sam & Max
and i wanna play NOWWWW!!!!

*stomps the floor and whines*

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~

Comments

• edited October 2006
    You're a capricious little fella you know ? So calm down before i smash your rabitty head with my precious 1Ton hammer that miraculously fits in my left pocket :P
  • edited October 2006
    hehe, so i have an extra sensitive craving... or should i say neeeedd for mass wanton destruction, the hassling of innocent lives, and just plain stuff to blow up. for no reason whatsoever!
  • edited October 2006
    I'm ill and therefore demand to be appeased; I demand Sam & Maxish goodness!
  • edited October 2006
    just for the record.. i replayed hit the road, beat it this morning...

who the hell is naturalist john muir?
    i still don't know who he is.. i wonder if conroy bumpus will ever make it to the series. i would love to meet him again, and play more tricks on him..

also... remember the part where u go virtual reality and kill the dragon to get the key? so what will virtual reality be like now, now that the game is in 3d...

hmmmmm..
    it'll be a big splosion like a snot rocket!
  • edited October 2006
    who the hell is naturalist john muir?

All praise the almighty internet!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Muir
  • edited October 2006
    wow now the games ending makes that much more sense!
  • edited October 2006
    Wer iz mein game!
  • edited October 2006
    Sweetness! John Muir was born in Dunbar, Scotland. I am a Dunbar! Coincidence? I think so...
  • edited October 2006
    Linque wrote: »
    Wer iz mein game!

Who is your game? What is that supposed to mean?
  • edited October 2006
    Derwin wrote: »

Correctly it should be "Wo ist mein Spiel", that means "Where is my game".

And that is the problem...

I'm from germany, and in germany it is now 12 o' clock, highnoon on Nov 1st. I've been sitting for nealry twelve hours in front of my computer, refreshing my Thunderbird every few minutes, hoping to receive the mail with the downloadlink... ...then i realized there's a time difference between you and me, so shame on me. i was nine ours too early...

but right now, it should be 3:10 AM in CA, SO WHERE'S MY LINK???
  • edited October 2006
    Not until the Telltale staff wake up :P

And yes, it's 3:20AM here in California. Got another seven-ish hours to go.
  • edited October 2006
    but... but... but... my plan was to be the first official european player who purchased the game legally...

just go and beat them out of their beds! this day is more important than christmas, thanksgiving and the 4th of july taken together! noone should sleep today!

whaaaaa! i'm getting crazy...
    and i'm getting myself another cup of coffee.
    staying awake, staying awake, staying awake, staying awake, all i got to do is being patient and staying awake...
  • edited October 2006
    How much longer????
  • edited October 2006
    False advertising, I demand the entire series for free.
  • edited October 2006
    tullyr wrote: »
    False advertising, I demand the entire series for free.

yes, Nov 1st starts at 00:00 in the morning.
  • edited October 2006
    Stupid Guys!
    It's a worldwilde and a simultaneous release!
    Like Valve with their Steam System, some have at 8pm their games and others at 10am but it's a simultaneous release!
  • edited October 2006
    oh, you are such a geek...

seems like irony is a dead scene...
  • edited October 2006
    So that means..... when?:confused:
  • edited October 2006
    Wah you guys are so cruel. Today i don´t have to work and i thought i could play S&M Sequel after more then 10 Years of painfull waiting and i still didn´t get a mail. ARG. You hate us Europeans don´t you ?
  • edited October 2006
    woo hoo its almost Nov 2 :D
    i like to think that Im patient but Im not
  • edited October 2006
    Guybrush wrote: »
    Wah you guys are so cruel. Today i don´t have to work and i thought i could play S&M Sequel after more then 10 Years of painfull waiting and i still didn´t get a mail. ARG. You hate us Europeans don´t you ?

why only ten years? didn't you play "hit the road" when it was released in 1993? so i'm waiting for 13 years now! that's more than half of my life!!!!!
  • edited October 2006
    Guess it's time to play the original until this one comes out. :(
  • edited October 2006
    I like Americans but it's easy to understand that it's a simultaneous release and everybody can't have it at the time he wants!
    I live in France and the 1st November is a closed day (i don't think it's the exact word) so nobody work and i would love play Sam and Max at least one hour in the afternoon but i must wait the evening!
    Everybody here are waiting for the game.
  • edited October 2006
    yes, in some parts of germany, Nov 1st is also a holiday. luckily in bavaria, where i live, too.
    so i was able to sit in front of the computer since midnight...
    and here i am.
  • edited October 2006
    Mischa wrote: »
    why only ten years? didn't you play "hit the road" when it was released in 1993? so i'm waiting for 13 years now! that's more than half of my life!!!!!

i wrote "more then 10 years" but i agree with you it is more then half of my life too.

ich think i install monkey island 3 and play it a little to distract me:(

Servas noch Bayern von am Oberösterreicher ;)
  • edited October 2006
    aha! ein österreicher! ein freundliches servuas über die grenze, im sinne der völkerverständigung!
  • edited October 2006
    Hope it'll come before I go to school, or afterwards, which will make it five hours from now.
  • edited October 2006
    This waiting is starting to kill me! eeeekage!
    Holy moose with martians and peas on top this day is going sloooooow!

I'm so looking forward to this game!!!! =p I hope the servers will handle the load so that we all will be able to download it ...
  • edited October 2006
    Derwin wrote: »

Indeed, who is my game? Or could it be a statement .. could who in itself be my game - or perhaps it's all about The Who?

Better yet, if you are italian, will you settle for a fistful of dollars, or will you always go for a few dollars more?
  • edited October 2006
    I'm an American student studying in the Netherlands, specifically in a no-where town that's just a stone's throw away from Germany. I'm also a console gamer, so I'm a bit pained that I'm missing so much exciting business in the USA with console launches, and I decided that Sam and Max would be my darling whilst I was away.

BUT NAY. In fifteen minutes, a class begins, and once it begins, I'll be busy with classes and a short break for dinner from then (2:30 PM, local time) until 9:30 PM. I'd much rather be excited about having played this apparently brilliant episode, doodling our excitable rabbit into the margins, than grinding my teeth over the delay.

At least I do not suffer alone.
  • edited October 2006
    listereo wrote: »
    At least I do not suffer alone.

Indeed, here it is already 14h23. Suffering also...
  • edited October 2006
    14h40 here, in France!
    Waiting for the game...
    Maybe H-3h20?
  • edited October 2006
    well, i think that telltalegames is located in california, so i'd say at the earliest this will be available 9am in california, if not 12pm california time. so that means at the earliest it will be available in Europe 6pm.
  • edited October 2006
    Ha! You guys know nothing of suffering, here it is already 15:47
  • edited October 2006
    If the game is available at 6pm in Europe, are there any chances to pay for it with PayPal?
  • edited October 2006
    15:03 in Slovenia :)

Damn, I wanted to play today as well, but there's no more time. So, I will play on Friday.
  • edited October 2006
    Rantanplan wrote: »
    If the game is available at 6pm in Europe, are there any chances to pay for it with PayPal?

Once episode 1 becomes available, Paypal will return as an option. We're not allowed to collect money before delivering a product, and PayPal charges you up-front for everything, which is why it hasn't been available.
  • edited October 2006
    Linque wrote: »
    Indeed, who is my game? Or could it be a statement .. could who in itself be my game - or perhaps it's all about The Who?

Better yet, if you are italian, will you settle for a fistful of dollars, or will you always go for a few dollars more?

Hmm... interesting, and slightly philosophic.
  • edited October 2006
    tabacco wrote: »
    Once episode 1 becomes available, Paypal will return as an option. We're not allowed to collect money before delivering a product, and PayPal charges you up-front for everything, which is why it hasn't been available.

That means, it is not possible to buy the episode package, even if episode 1 is released?
  • edited October 2006
    OK, boys and girls, I think it's time to join you all in your desperation. I, for starters, am also waiting in front of my computer in bavaria, updating my e-mail client all day, as well as Telltale's Sam & Max page *and* this thread. :) Luckily, I decided not to get up before 6 o'clock in the morning, because I calculated with New York's time zone. Nevertheless, this means waiting for -- *blink* just realizing I'm sitting in front of this machine for nearly nine hours! Enlarging my thirteen year long odysse for an almost unbearable length of time...

And what did you say 'bout earliest time would be 9 o'clock in pacific coast time? Man, sometimes you could really get frustrated about long sleepers! What about automatizing the whole process? Couldn't be that difficult I'd say. Hey, what about getting *me* doing this? Just graduated in computer science a month ago, which leaves me with an awful lot of spare time now... (Just kidding. But anyway, I'm specialized in artifical intelligence, so really: What about automatizing this process, letting it to put out the download link exactly at midnight of November 1st? For all I care even in the 9 hours backward running californian time system...) ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.