Technically it's Nov. 1st

Comments

• edited October 2006
    Well they say they have a contract with Gametap preventing them from allowing downloads here until the exclusive period ends.. but I dont know just what time exactly it does end on Oct 31. If it ends earlier in the night west coast USA which perhaps its does, I am not quite sure why there isnt an automated download situation where it simply opens up links when the time is up.

As Sam & Max gets more and more popular in the months to come and they get more people across the globe wanting this, I get the feeling they are going to get innundated about the delay during each release day to to a point where they will seriously need to consider it. I wish they'd begin to think about the idea now though ;) But if I was a betting man, I'd tell you that not only is this subject going to come up every single month but it will become more of an issue too.
  • edited October 2006
    Viz79 wrote: »
    But if I was a betting man, I'd tell you that not only is this subject going to come up every single month but it will become more of an issue too.

You really can say that again. By the way, considering the hype this game release goes through: I really hope this is giving the people at Lucas Arts (especially George Lucas himself) something to think about. Until the cancelled Freelance Police, they were my favourite game studio (besides the legendary Coktel Vision studio of Muriel Tramis with its Goblins series, which still ranks absolutely top for me). I -- as many others here, I think -- signed the online petition, but no response. So go back to your studio's dark corners, cover with ash and shame and think about your future way of producing games, dear Lucas Arts team!!!

Oh, in the past nine hours I tried out some other things, especially the Samorost game and its successor's demo. Really great, you should consider playing it while waiting for Sam & Max to be finally released.
  • edited October 2006
    Well I've just got outta college, ready to play. So when's november the 1st to these guys? time in GMT perferably.:D :D :D :D
  • edited October 2006
    They told me it was November 1.

I just created a user account and they told me it was November 1... so where's the game?
    November 1, 2006 | www.telltalegames.com
  • edited October 2006
    Nick Fury wrote: »
    They told me it was November 1.

Or look at my registration day. OK, I've ordered the game some days ago, but only registered for the forum some three to four hours ago. And there it says, my join date would be "Nov. 2006". Which means, their system is already running in November time. :p But it's not their system's time which is decisive for the game's release, but their personal when-we-get-out-of-bed-and-back-to-work-time...
  • edited October 2006
    well. looks like im gonna sleep then hopefully play it tomorow afternoon. at least I have something to look foward to
  • edited October 2006
    This is pretty crappy service for such a highly anticipated game. It's 3pm here now and no game. If they are waiting till 9am California time then they should at least tell us next to the release date. This guessing game is annoying.
  • edited October 2006
    Winckle wrote: »

Hm. Don't you think, you're a bit optimistic in your euphoria? I don't know anything at all about game designer's working hours, but that would mean they'd be starting at 9 o'clock in the morning... OK, I usually start at 7 o'clock, but I'm working at the university programming a robot. Sure, you also need a bit of creativity to do that, but not as much as when having to design games, I think. And perhaps your common game designer's creativity level isn't up to full speed at 9 o'clock? But never mind; I don't want to spoil the hype. I'd be rather excited myself if it would be released that "early". :) Even when having to face the fact that this means six o'clock in the evening for me...
  • edited November 2006
    hey! another bavarian!

servuas! aus dem nörlichsten zipfel bayerns!

oh boys... i'm too afraid to play another game meanwhile, because of missing the long awaited release-email...
  • edited November 2006
    For the next game, can we please be on eastern time? I know you can find out what state the IP is in, so midnight eastern isn't too much to ask is it?

Want game NOW! It's been the first for 10 hours. Tell Gametap that they shouldn't be lazy.
  • edited November 2006
    ... I learned some basic facts about California, when I was searching for the time zone.

Now, I just hope, after cooking some delicious asian food, that your company in the golden State, will release the game. Perhaps after singing: "I Love You, California", picking up some Golden Poppys under the Palo Verde Trees, while looking at some california quails. I understand, that all this may take some time, till we all can shout out that slogan of your state:"Eureka" .
  • edited November 2006
    Whining isn't going to get anyone anywhere, especially as there's probably no-one in the office yet to whine to.
  • edited November 2006
    Anyway, 16:10 austrian time is not a good time to still be waiting... :p
  • edited November 2006
    Ich halt's nicht mehr auuuuuuuuussss!!!

Uhm... I mean... go TellTale, yeah...
  • edited November 2006
    Man you guys would hate GameTap, lol. They never release games at a set time on release date. Thursdays are when you get new games, but they can choose to release them anytime during the day. You never get any warning.
  • edited February 2014
    Nothing.
  • edited November 2006
    Ich halt's nicht mehr auuuuuuuuussss!!!

Uhm... I mean... go TellTale, yeah...

ich versteh dich (doppeldeutig)
  • edited November 2006
    Mischa wrote: »
    hey! another bavarian!

servuas! aus dem nörlichsten zipfel bayerns!

Griasdi. Bei mia hoasts owa "Obabayern". Is a bissl weida drunt. :) Owa leida ned bissl weida links, jenfois ned weid gnua fira bessane Zeidrechnung.
    Whining isn't going to get anyone anywhere, especially as there's probably no-one in the office yet to whine to.

:D Thanks, you're all love today, huh? :D
  • edited November 2006
    2:11am Nov 2nd here in Australia.......going to bed but I'll be back up by 5:30am lol

I hope you can sleep. I'd not be able to close a single eye for a second at such an important historic date...
  • edited November 2006
    Yeah, I wish I waited for the 2nd of november. :D
  • edited November 2006

I'm here ;)
  • edited November 2006
    You were there at least around 6am, weren't you tabacco?
  • edited November 2006
    So what time is it now? PST?
  • edited November 2006
    5:30 actually. If I leave the house anywhere between 6 and 10:30am, there's more than an hour and a half of traffic between my house and Telltale, so I decided to come in early and get some work done, instead of sit in my car for over an hour :)
    Lagomorph wrote: »
    So what time is it now? PST?
    7:30am
  • edited November 2006
    tabacco wrote: »
    I'm here ;)

Well on that basis, everyone can moan at you, good sir :P.

By the way, nice user title. Monstrous Regiment is one of my favourite books.
  • edited November 2006
    I'm here ;)

Hey! So what's your job? Just nourishing your greed for reading posts of suffering computer addictives? Or just dropping by while emptying the bins? *smile* No, not really. Be praised, dear member of the Telltale team! May your life be a rich and delightful one and your offspring beautiful and multitudinous. And even more in the case you'll send me an e-mail concerning a certain download link... :)
  • edited November 2006
    Schlapfn, ihr Piefke ;)

Still waiting... argh :D
  • edited November 2006
    Do we know what time they'll release it? Is it 10 am or when?!

Btw, I think the servers will get overloaded :P
  • MelMel
    edited November 2006
    I'll probably download it this weekend when I have more time. :)

Good luck to everyone at Telltale on the big day! May you have lots of caffeine and yummy food to get you through the launch.
  • edited November 2006
    5:30 actually. If I leave the house anywhere between 6 and 10:30am, there's more than an hour and a half of traffic between my house and Telltale, so I decided to come in early and get some work done, instead of sit in my car for over an hour :)

I do not miss CA traffic one bit...
  • edited November 2006
    oh mann ... I just looked at my callender and got a flash ! ahhh ... its november the first and that means sam and max must have been released !!!
    and now its the same thing like with bone1+2 ... the telltale timezone story ... waiting sucks !
    but I ask myslef whats generally up with that gametap thing. when they release it over a half month earlier for us+can - why then not a demo for everyone ?
  • edited November 2006
    Whining is always productive, at least it eats up time :)
  • edited November 2006
    in case you don't follow the other threads:
    Emily wrote: »
    Indeed, which is exactly why we decided not to do this. ;)

Sorry, we haven't quite figured out how to make time stand still. :(

Next time we make an announcement it will be "Sam & Max's worldwide release will be Wednesday, November 1, sometime in the morning, Pacific standard time, which is sometime in the afternoon on the east coast, sometime in the evening in Europe, and early the next morning in Australia and New Zealand..." Doesn't have the same ring to it. :D

Soon, guys! Very very soon!
  • edited November 2006
    now come on ... when its s&m time ?
  • edited November 2006
    in military time please ... I m not good in this pm am thing
  • edited November 2006
    sorry guys ... but I m so impatient !
  • edited November 2006
    now to kill some time ... where youre all from ? I think the most of you are germans, right ?
  • edited November 2006
    "When it's done"

By the way, ever heard about "editing" posts?
  • edited November 2006
    have you ever heard of being friendly ?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.