TTG Summer 2017 Update - New Seasons of Batman, Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead revealed

Comments

• So it is just like a Nintendo direct. Very cool!

https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/887609508104593408

• Sam and Max do not scream 'Mature rated'. Oops, so sorry. I didn't mean it.

Heh! ;) jokes aside, it could be a possibility Job misspoke. I would be really happy for Sam and Max fans if they get another season. And with TT's current gameplay, I might just actually give it a chance.

I hope it is Game of Thrones. But now that I think about it, 'core fan' could also mean Sam and Max. : /

• I don't know why but this is what's making me hyped for the reveal now. Seems like it's going to be a bit bigger then I thought it would be.

https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/887609508104593408

• I took Job's "core fan" comment to mean fans around the 2012-2014 or 2015 era of Telltale; meaning, fans of games like The Walking Dead, Wolf, Thrones, Tales, or Batman.

I hope it is Game of Thrones. But now that I think about it, 'core fan' could also mean Sam and Max. : /

• I don't see how newcomers can pick up Story Mode. If I started the series this way, I'd probably just uninstall the game.

So far so good with story mode. Veterans definitely got some cute recognition.

• Seems to all but cement we are probably getting more than one announcement.

lupinb0y posted: »

I don't know why but this is what's making me hyped for the reveal now. Seems like it's going to be a bit bigger then I thought it would be.

• I don't mean to dash anyone's hopes but when Job said something we've been asking for a long time could he have meant like a series people have been asking for? Doctor who, Firefly, etc...

• Yup. I'm guessing it'll be THAT unannounced thing we know of, GotG Episode 3 and one more unannounced thing (GoT S2 pls).

Seems to all but cement we are probably getting more than one announcement.

• Still doesn't make up for the "core fans" part though.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I don't mean to dash anyone's hopes but when Job said something we've been asking for a long time could he have meant like a series people have been asking for? Doctor who, Firefly, etc...

• Doubt they will show Guardians in the direct since they'll be showing it at Marvel games comic con panel.

Yup. I'm guessing it'll be THAT unannounced thing we know of, GotG Episode 3 and one more unannounced thing (GoT S2 pls).

• [removed]

Yup. I'm guessing it'll be THAT unannounced thing we know of, GotG Episode 3 and one more unannounced thing (GoT S2 pls).

• edited July 2017

That's overdramatic pfft. Seems safe for newcomers to me. I mean it be nice for a newcomer to play season 1, but it really isn't required as its just another story, and doesn't drastically continue a overarching narrative.

ScootyZ posted: »

I don't see how newcomers can pick up Story Mode. If I started the series this way, I'd probably just uninstall the game.

• I think there'll still be some screenshots or at least some info (like a release date) on it then more substantial stuff will be shown on the Marvel Games panel.

Otherwise, could it be another unannounced title or even the mythical Super Show?

Doubt they will show Guardians in the direct since they'll be showing it at Marvel games comic con panel.

• ttg fans, we hear you, we love you

enter image description here

• And 'mature title' statement of his too

Still doesn't make up for the "core fans" part though.

• Like a Nintendo direct? So that means there’s more than one announcement I’m assuming maybe they will reveal the projects in the “direct” and talk more about them at comic con. To bad I won’t be able to watch it until my lunch break.

• Good point.

Still doesn't make up for the "core fans" part though.

• So wait hopefully this will be posted to YouTube or a twitch Archive because I won’t be able to watch straight away.

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

It won't be a live video, so it'll be up on our YouTube at 8am PT!

(Hi it's 6:53am and I'm in the Telltale office prepping for this very thing.)

Creeper1846 posted: »

So wait hopefully this will be posted to YouTube or a twitch Archive because I won’t be able to watch straight away.

• You guys are early. It is 3:54pm down here.

It won't be a live video, so it'll be up on our YouTube at 8am PT! (Hi it's 6:53am and I'm in the Telltale office prepping for this very thing.)

• Kinda hoping that Job lied about Tales/Wolf especially Wolf.

It gets pretty annoying hearing Telltale always getting everyone hyped up for Wolf over and over and over and then when it gets close to when you think its gonna happen they always come out and just go "oh shit hahahahah its not Wolf but we would 100% love to make another! We arnt gonna do that tho"

• thats some Todd Howard level lying

AdamRoberts posted: »

ttg fans, we hear you, we love you

• Oh good I thought since Nintendo directs are usually live the telltale one would be now I’m relived I won’t be missing anything.

It won't be a live video, so it'll be up on our YouTube at 8am PT! (Hi it's 6:53am and I'm in the Telltale office prepping for this very thing.)

• I hope we can play has Mira again i think she will get to kill Morgwyn and I want that!! Besides I think the option of playing her only makes me want it!

> Asher/Rodrik slip off their horse and become paralyzed > If alive, Mira becomes pregnant with Morgwyn's offspring and hangs herself

• Less than 30 minutes guys

• Make it worth the hype ttg

• I'm fucking dreading this.

• You make it sound like it is a bomb.

JakeSt123 posted: »

I'm fucking dreading this.

• Jurassic Park 2...NOOOOOOoOOOOOoOoOOOooooOOOoOOOOooo

• I believe he's saying this because he'll be pissed if anything other than Game of Thrones is revealed.

You make it sound like it is a bomb.

• No even better...they announce the game we Know about...and in Tales From the Borderlands News...those Rhys socks are finally going to be on sale...oh and Clem's hat is Blue.

• Jurassic Park 2...NOOOOOOoOOOOOoOoOOOooooOOOoOOOOooo

No even better...they announce the game we Know about...and in Tales From the Borderlands News...those Rhys socks are finally going to be on sale...oh and Clem's hat is Blue.

• "...and so, after high demand from the fans, we are pleased to finally announce Tales from the Borderlands

socks are now available for purchase on our Telltale store!"

No even better...they announce the game we Know about...and in Tales From the Borderlands News...those Rhys socks are finally going to be on sale...oh and Clem's hat is Blue.

• Dayum you killed me for a sec

"...and so, after high demand from the fans, we are pleased to finally announce Tales from the Borderlands socks are now available for purchase on our Telltale store!"

• 7:59...Here we go!

• ONE MINUTES MORE GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!

• 1 minute leeeeft

We now see them saying "you know we lied about tftb and twau. We are MAKIMG seasons 2 for both!!!!"

I have the right to dream right????

Sign in to comment in this discussion.