TTG Summer 2017 Update - New Seasons of Batman, Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead revealed

Comments

• You certainly implied it.

AronDracula posted: »

I NEVER SAID PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE EXCITED FOR WHAT THEY'RE HYPED FOR!!!!!!

• It would have been a lot easier for you if you stayed out of it. This was none of your business.

I'm flattered but I think all credit goes to you

• I don't hate you, I disagree with you a lot but don't hate you

Plus your probably a really nice person :•)

Why does everyone hate me?

• Thank you. I hope you have a nice day.

BigGazMan posted: »

I don't hate you, I disagree with you a lot but don't hate you Plus your probably a really nice person :•)

• No problem, I hope you have a nice day too.

Thank you. I hope you have a nice day.

• Out of what? Your unnecessary post that serves no purpose other than shitting on TT again? It got really annoying and redundant lately.

It would have been a lot easier for you if you stayed out of it. This was none of your business.

• AgentZ46 posted: »

You certainly implied it.

• I'm sorry I'm a good citizen.

Out of what? Your unnecessary post that serves no purpose other than shitting on TT again? It got really annoying and redundant lately.

• edited July 2017

Jeez I hate when people fill up threads with arguments just chill everyone.

I'm sorry I'm a good citizen.

• IKR? I just made a simple comment and users already started complaining.

Creeper1846 posted: »

Jeez I hate when people fill up threads with arguments just chill everyone.

• And naturally you reply with a passive aggressive meme/gif or in this case a video.

• You started it first. This whole argument could have been avoided if you stayed out of it. I mentioned no hatred.

AgentZ46 posted: »

And naturally you reply with a passive aggressive meme/gif or in this case a video.

• And now this has turned into "you started it!" argument.

You asked why everyone hated you so I clarified that we don't hate you but a lot of comments you've posted have been annoying. So I pointed out what it was you were doing that's been a bit frustrating to deal with. But fine I'm not interested in an endless argument. Let's just drop it.

You started it first. This whole argument could have been avoided if you stayed out of it. I mentioned no hatred.

• Well, this has come as a surprise to me, a hopeful one, but one I am cynical about.

On one hand, it is very good they are finally giving proper respect and responses to peoples criticism, such as in how they specifically specified it being Clementines story. And it's quite good they are providing confirmation for Telltale's more popular works.

A few things worry me, I'm happy to be pleasantly surprised, but I still want to express this.

• Telltale is now working on at least five different projects at once, which leaves me concerned about development allocation (unless most of their projects are in the planning faze and they just confirmed projects due to consumer outroar)
    • There has been very little time since the last Walking Dead season, making me highly worried about development time and polish.
    • I still have a lot of issues with their engine and technical issues, this is something they really must overcome, it has been going on for far too long.
    • Potential dissonance due to a lot of different writers for the new projects.
    • The huge amount of engine problems, poor animation, and lacking visual fidelity in Guardians Of The Galaxy and the new Minecraft season leave me worried the games will be yet again lacklustre on PC.
    • I am still concerned about gameplay, and don't think something being narrative focused is an excuse for lacking engaging (and potentially challenging) interaction, whether it be through detective work you can actually succeed and fail at with complexity and depth, dialogue trees you have to navigate, traditional puzzles or fleshed out combat, I am looking for more from Telltale.
    • To exemplify, I am really worried about development time and polish.

And something final that still really upsets and frustrates me, and is a large hurdle.

Kenny is still dead.

This is continuing from New Frontier, the four years of missing story potential are still there. Two years with Christa gone, two years with Kenny or Edith gone, 400 days gone, all the connections to the original games except Clementine have not been fleshed out at all.

Knowing this will be a direct continuation leaves me highly worried, because for crying out loud I still want the ending characters from Season 2, those nightmarish flashbacks have still ruined it for me, the lack of satisfying closure is infuriating, and will continuously linger whenever I think about Telltale at any point.

The fact only around 6 to 10 choices from two entire seasons are accounted for is still a fact.
    The entire experience of their magnum opus game currently has no weight in this new story.

Kenny, Jane and Edith are still dead thanks to glitchy, poorly rendered, poorly modeled, poorly textured, poorly animated, and horribly written stupid "flashbacks".

This is largely why I am worried about the development time, because Telltale somehow managing to recover from that is a huge hurdle for me that will take some freaking time.

I do not care if we get the game in December next year, I care about passion, a love for a craft, artistic integrity and effort, I will happily pay more if it means more as an experience.

With how disconnected I am from the plot, I absolutely would not mind a retcon still, dissonance be damned.

I hope my concerns make sense.

• Me when i saw the video on my subscriptions:

enter image description here

• enter image description here

TELLTALE REDEEMED TELLTALE REDEEMED

• The fourth season will wrap up Clementine's story, but The Walking Dead as a franchise will allegedly not be over for Telltale. Are they teasing a miniseries or a parallel series?

• Where did you hear that?

The fourth season will wrap up Clementine's story, but The Walking Dead as a franchise will allegedly not be over for Telltale. Are they teasing a miniseries or a parallel series?

• Skybound livestream

Where did you hear that?

• Was there anything else interesting revealed during the stream? I only catched the end.

The fourth season will wrap up Clementine's story, but The Walking Dead as a franchise will allegedly not be over for Telltale. Are they teasing a miniseries or a parallel series?

• Can somebody do a write up of everything they said at some point? I would, but I'm missing the livestream.

Skybound livestream

• They disabled vods unless you're a subscriber so if you missed it like I did you can't even go back and watch the panel.

Can somebody do a write up of everything they said at some point? I would, but I'm missing the livestream.

• edited July 2017

enter image description here

This butcher?

Great, first Telltale butchers the Walking Dead series, and now they're gonna start butchering the Wolf Among Us series too.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Just to add a bit more to this i caught the very end and i think i heard Job mention TWD could release "the first half of next year".

• Seriously? The hype is double real even though this is not 100% accurate :D

OzzyUK posted: »

Just to add a bit more to this i caught the very end and i think i heard Job mention TWD could release "the first half of next year".

• Lol good one.

BroKenny posted: »

This butcher?

• And wolf in 2nd half

• Email from ttg says wolf will be in 'latter half of 2018'

• When is ttg sdcc panel

• I don't think they have a panel. The Marvel Games panel had Guardians info, but I think the Direct video from Telltale was basically their Comic Con news.

AdamRoberts posted: »

When is ttg sdcc panel

• That leaves me worried they will rush it.

• Interesting... I had a feeling that this "final seaaon" would mostly be the end of Clem's story, and that it could continue on with someone else.
    It's not confirmed, of course... But interesting none the less.

plus I think a reboot with a new group would do them good. There are too many unfulfilled choices and loose story threads that still need to be tied up which they didn't plan for since the beginning...

• No offense man, but they're complaining because you're always complaining.

IKR? I just made a simple comment and users already started complaining.

• I haven't done that before ANF. Telltale should be ashamed of themselves.

Dan7Bip5 posted: »

No offense man, but they're complaining because you're always complaining.

• edited July 2017

They talked about TWD at the Skybound panel according to their twitter, but I missed it and no one else here is talking about it.

Edit: nvm it seems people were talking about it right above this message :|

I don't think they have a panel. The Marvel Games panel had Guardians info, but I think the Direct video from Telltale was basically their Comic Con news.

• At this point feel like you're doing this on purpose.

I haven't done that before ANF. Telltale should be ashamed of themselves.

• edited July 2017

[removed]

At this point feel like you're doing this on purpose.

• I hope so, too!

prink34320 posted: »

I'm hoping we'll get a new series for TWD that follows new characters ;-;

• enter image description here

I have just read the news and I have to admit... I am most impressed

• JobJStauffer_TTGJobJStauffer_TTG Telltale Alumni

;)

<3

Fury2014 posted: »

That motherfucker....I love Job. He claimed that there is not such thing as Wolf in development hours ago Look where we are now!!!!!! I am actually happy because of Telltale.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.